AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-29, 20:38   Link #1061
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
i want macross on forummmm
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 21:21   Link #1062
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ agreed. how can they not give a sub forum for a show of this magnitude..

still haven't visited the gundam board yet.. only 1 more day.. haha
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 01:40   Link #1063
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
^^ agreed. how can they not give a sub forum for a show of this magnitude..
that's because the series hasn't even "officially" been aired yet.

But that's not bad if you consider we are 2,000+ post away from beating popular threads such as KimiKiss Pure Rouge, 1,000+ away from the D-grey & Rosario + Vampire and etc. who has 12+ episodes aired already.

Imagine, after the first episodes goes on, this thread gonna jump pass 3,000 then when the 2nd comes, 5,000! ok. maybe not so much, but you get the point.

At this rate, it'll be scandalous if they don't make a Macross forum.

actually, i'm quite surprise there wasn't one already.

I mean for me, i can't mention Gundam without hearing the other side of the coin, of Macross.

seriously.

its a travesty that they don't.

It's discrimination against "real" mecha i tell you.
Old 2008-03-30, 01:48   Link #1064
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I have no problem with how it's going on this thread even if it remains that way. A bit cluttered and all, but there's been a ton of great discussion already. So yeah, it'd be optimal if there is a new forum. Hopefully we'll see a slew of them for the bigger shows in April.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 03:07   Link #1065
ipernorris

The episode which is going to be aired will be called 1 or 2?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 03:14   Link #1066
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
The episode which is going to be aired will be called 1 or 2?
From all the listings, website information and the magazine rumors, the first ep will be a reshowing. The week later will be ep 2. Makes sense.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 03:28   Link #1067
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ Thought so

Also I'm not surprised you don't like the OP Kaoishin, what do you prefer between Triangler and Don't Be Late. I'm reading a lot of people on Macross World complaining about Triangler replacing Don't Be Late and funnily enough these people were slamming it back in December/January.
Don't Be Late far and away. It's not a song I'd listen to in my playlist, but it's still a listenable and fairly catchy song. Triangler I honestly had to turn down a lot and even then it still hurt my ears. It really surprises me as this is not Maaya Sakamoto's usual style. She's not a screecher and is behind several of my all time favourite anime themes (Yakusoku Wa Iranai and Hemisphere). I've always liked her for her ability to put passion and feeling into her singing and to just sound natural and pleasant when she sings and this is literally the polar opposite of that. It sounds hollow and uncontrolled. Definitely no Yakusoku Wa Iranai.

If this is how it goes through in it's final version then I will no longer consider Maaya Sakamoto my favourite female singer. It's literally that bad to me to the point where I might have to skip the opening and if it's in the show at all it could really hurt my enjoyment of it a lot. I hope this is not the standard for most vocal songs in the series or we are in trouble.

Edit: I found another more complete version of the song. I still have heavily mixed feelings about it overall, but at least it doesn't sound quite so god awful anymore. I really still don't like the chorus though most of all. It still sounds pitchy and uncontrolled. Still no Yakusoku Wa Iranai.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 05:07   Link #1068
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
that's because the series hasn't even "officially" been aired yet.

But that's not bad if you consider we are 2,000+ post away from beating popular threads such as KimiKiss Pure Rouge, 1,000+ away from the D-grey & Rosario + Vampire and etc. who has 12+ episodes aired already.

Imagine, after the first episodes goes on, this thread gonna jump pass 3,000 then when the 2nd comes, 5,000! ok. maybe not so much, but you get the point.

At this rate, it'll be scandalous if they don't make a Macross forum.

actually, i'm quite surprise there wasn't one already.

I mean for me, i can't mention Gundam without hearing the other side of the coin, of Macross.

seriously.

its a travesty that they don't.

It's discrimination against "real" mecha i tell you.
If I remember correctly, there was a precedent of sub-forum created before series actually aired. But it's only because it had generated over 3000 posts just for speculation and anticipation. Macross's traffic is enough to ensure a sub-forum when it starts but not enough to make before starts.
Old 2008-03-30, 09:57   Link #1069
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
From all the listings, website information and the magazine rumors, the first ep will be a reshowing. The week later will be ep 2. Makes sense.
LOL the audience will be quite low this way... it would have been more logic to do some prequel thingy in Christmas and now starting with the true show.
Who cares about something already seen? Not to mention you can see whenever you like just by downloading it from Internet?
Old 2008-03-30, 11:34   Link #1070
terrus

Seriously? So this means that there won't be a new episode until the 10th?

Last edited by terrus; 2008-03-30 at 11:49.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 11:42   Link #1071
Westlo
Lets be reality

01: (Close Encounter),2008.04.03
02: (Hard Chase),2008.04.10
03: (On Your Marks),2008.04.17
04: (Miss Macross),2008.04.24

We have known about this for ages... what we have seen was pretty much a preview..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 11:51   Link #1072
ipernorris

Quote:
We have known about this for ages... what we have seen was pretty much a preview..
Excuse me if I don't follow this thread hourly...
Old 2008-03-30, 18:46   Link #1073
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
god damn ittttt

:/

I know for sure that the kid can beat the monster, but I am still curious to find out how they're gonna do it, now I have to wait 10 more day
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 19:58   Link #1074
aardvark

WOWOW did this with Ergo Proxy. Had a preview of the first episode, and then when the show started for real, they re-aired it. H.wever it had a lot of animation differences.

The new version of episode 1 will probably have some differences, both in length and animation
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 21:33   Link #1075
Westlo
Lets be reality

Am I the only one looking forward to spotting the differences? Heck I've seen the first episode 6 times already why not one more time!
Old 2008-03-30, 21:55   Link #1076
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Edit: I found another more complete version of the song. I still have heavily mixed feelings about it overall, but at least it doesn't sound quite so god awful anymore. I really still don't like the chorus though most of all. It still sounds pitchy and uncontrolled. Still no Yakusoku Wa Iranai.
The screeching effect of the chorus when I first listened to those bootleg versions of the opening annoyed me too x_x But then looking at the 30s trailer that has been posted here too, it sounds already MUCH better, so I'm definitely hoping for the complete version.
In the bootleg version the higher parts hurt my ears too But in the trailer even tho especially a particular line of the chorus stays dangerously high, it doesn't damage my hearing anymore XD
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 21:59   Link #1077
Westlo
Lets be reality

You really shouldn't judge a song in its unmixed state, mixing does a lot for any musical song, in some genres the difference between a good mixer and a bad one is massive. I posted it originally as more of a preview than anything else. If you loved the preview like I did than it's all good, if not you should probably wait until a proper version is out though the one Kaoishin posted is much better than the one I did.
Old 2008-03-30, 22:33   Link #1078
Elehayym

Quote:
You really shouldn't judge a song in its unmixed state, mixing does a lot for any musical song, in some genres the difference between a good mixer and a bad one is massive. I posted it originally as more of a preview than anything else. If you loved the preview like I did than it's all good, if not you should probably wait until a proper version is out though the one Kaoishin posted is much better than the one I did.
Well my point was exactly that if the bits that can be heard in the trailer, even with the voiceover and generally bad quality, already sound quite different, the weird parts of unmixed version aren't gonna carry on to the final one (in particular that "screeching" effect of the high pitched parts of the chorus, that I found to actually bother my ears and not cause I don't like the tune - that is quite catchy indeed). I wasn't saying that it hurts my ears as in meaning that it's an awful song, but cause with earphones and youtube volume kinda high I actually had to lower it cause it was bothering me ^^;

Wasn't judging the song at all but just trying to point at how some problems stay with the bad quality of unmixed version D: Sorry if it didn't come across as what I intended.
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 00:25   Link #1079
hai_san

cool i just heared "Triangler", it is very nice, can't await to hear it in better "quality" then youtube. "Don't be late" is already very nice song when i heared it the first time, rumors was it would be the OP but then the bam the producers present us with another uber song as OP. Macross is just great. Full of surprise.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 00:53   Link #1080
IHaveCrayons

God I can't wait for Macross Frontier at all. I've been waiting since the first episode came out in December and I was blown away by how much action there was just in the first episode. The setting and art style are FABULOUS, much better than Gundam 00 in my opinion. The CG graphics are great as usual, but I'd expect no less from Macross.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance