AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 10:07   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

It doesn't really matter what he's doing this season since ef won't be airing at the same time as Hidamari, he's listed as chief director for Shina Dark though which is another future SHAFT project that was announced last December I believe..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 10:40   Link #22
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Yeah, that's true, don't know why, but I thought it would start airing this season. I wish it was like that
tigerwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 11:24   Link #23
sirn
田舎者言うな

Actually, Shinbo hasn't done much in Ef. Maybe except the second episode, if Homura Souji is really his pseudonym.

Personally, I don't think there'll be any problems if Shinbo is missing, Oonuma already did a really great job directing the first series. I've watched the Epilogue from the latter tale, I'm sure it's going to be awesome.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 12:18   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty View Post
And yet another sequel for SHAFT... WHERE IS MY TSUKUYOMI 2?
When there's material for a second season, then i'd like to see it happen, though there is none and at the end of the day, it doesn't need to happen.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:39   Link #25
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Atlast! Good news, I loved the first season. It wasprobably one of the very few game-to-anime adaptations I've ever truly enjoyed. As long as Studio SHAFT is taking care of it I'm confident the seacond season will be just as pleasing.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 12:41   Link #26
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

As everyone else has said before, I have really huge expectations and can't wait for a tale of melodies. I absolutely loved a tale of memories. Hoping to see at least a little Miyako/Hiro and Chihiro/Renji, if possible.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:53   Link #27
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Looking highly forward to this seeing that EF - a tale of memories - is one of my favourite series.

Well I'm hoping at a lot of Hiro x Miyako moments, as long as I don't have to watch to much Kei & that stupid cameraguy it's all good for me.
I think it is unlikely we will see all that much of Hiro and Miyako. Their story is pretty much over and done with, and while some appearances are likely i don't expect them to be the focus at all. (Same goes for Renji and Chihiro i suppose).

We might get more closure on Kei and her possibly developing relationship with Kyousuke. Since this is based on already existing material, it is pretty certain the focus this time will also be the characters that were left in the sidelines first time around - Mizuki, Kuze and likely both Yuko and Yu.

All that said, i am very much looking towards this. I had my reservations about the first season at first, but gradually it became something i appreciated rather highly. Looking towards the second season.
Old 2008-06-27, 13:09   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes! I think I like Oonuma Shin's work even better than that of his master, so if Shinbo isn't involved, that will be fine. But I imagine that the full staff isn't listed yet.

ef ~a tale of memories~ is the only show of 2007 that I am tempted to put in the "masterpiece" category.

As for Kei, I found her fascinating and real. I'd be very happy to see more of her if that happens.

I don't see any info about when it will be on so I'm guessing/hoping it will start in October, as the first season did last year. It's not listed for July, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-27 at 15:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:23   Link #29
Avisch
Reality Blender

This is really good news. I had been hoping they would finish animating the remaining story for ef.

It's the relationship between Miyuki and Shuichi. And Yuuko is apparently more involved aswell. Now to maintain enough willpower to not look at spoilers.

Kaoru: I agree I found Ef to be one of the best shows of 2007 aswell.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 14:52   Link #30
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
http://forest.kinokuniya.co.jp/ItemIntro/162064
Recap DVD for people who haven't watched the first series and can't catch the re-airing coming up? :/
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 16:51   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
http://forest.kinokuniya.co.jp/ItemIntro/162064
Recap DVD for people who haven't watched the first series and can't catch the re-airing coming up? :/
I'm surprised this didn't air on TV.
Old 2008-06-27, 20:54   Link #32
Kristen
*Author

While I am not sure how they could make 12 more episodes out of this (Maybe cover Kei's arc more and the one girl they skipped), I can say without a doubt that this is on my list of shows to watch. Is there any official/speculated date of release yet?
Old 2008-06-27, 21:16   Link #33
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I was like "....eh?" when I saw this thread in the Unaired section.
Same reaction here lol.
Looking forward to it, Ef was really good (Both game and anime) so I will keep my expectations high for this one.
Also now with ef ~ the latter tale, I hoped that they could make a second season and my wish was granted... I am so happy right now.

PS: We need more Kei!
Usami Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 22:09   Link #34
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

YES! Ef – a tale of memories is one of my favorite anime, I can't wait to see this new season. But the first season was so good, I'm don't know if they can produce another season with the same qualities, you know, the artistic vibes, the drama...
Maybe I should lower my expectations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami Haru View Post

PS: We need more Kei!
QFT! Give us more Kei *_*, I love her character, she's my favorite because of her flaws, she was more more real to me. Besides I want to see some closure with her "relationship" with Kyousuke.
Pan chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 05:58   Link #35
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

First off,

I've been spending a lot of the last week listening to Tenmon's work on ef (not only because it was the only thing available, though.), so there was only one thing on my mind when I heard the sequel would be called a tale of melodies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
While I am not sure how they could make 12 more episodes out of this (Maybe cover Kei's arc more and the one girl they skipped), I can say without a doubt that this is on my list of shows to watch. Is there any official/speculated date of release yet?
It'll probably cover the Yu and Yuuko story, the Mizuki and Kuze story, and maybe the Kei and Kyousuke story.

ef is mai waifu, so news of a second season is simply amazing.

And yes, the world needs more Kei and her song, which in my opinion, is better than Miyako's and Chihiro's.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 06:43   Link #36
grunty

ef-melo.com is live.
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 06:49   Link #37
sirn
田舎者言うな

...and PV is also available in ef-melo.com

For those who's worried, Shinbo is now in the credit as Supervisor.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 07:18   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Epic PV is epic, though shame it looks like we'll have to wait until Spring for it.
Old 2008-06-28, 08:25   Link #39
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Damn PV, now I'll agonize until the air date.
By the way, the music is top notch as expected, but it seems there's no Kei (at least in the PV) O_o
Anyway, I waaaaaaaant it!
tigerwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 08:43   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ignore my past statement, looks like it'll be airing in Authum.

& all this Kei mention. Her story has basically finished --- it's time for the characters (who you see in the PV, and are hinted in a tale of memories) to tell their story.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-06-28 at 09:03.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shaft