AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-11, 17:25   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Zombie-loan

Genre- comedy, fantasy, supernatural
Licensed by Yen Press
Summary - Michiru Kita's a weak-spirited girl who has a hard time saying what's on her mind. One day, she notices mysterious, ring-like markings around the necks of two of her classmates, Chika Akatsuki and Shito Tachibana - two boys who miraculously survived a horrible accident six months ago. Michiru, possessing the rare ability to see these rings, knows that they warn of impending death. Thinking that, perhaps, she can do something to save her classmates' lives, she approaches them... but it seems the boys have already made a different kind of deal and garnered themselves a heavy debt...

8 vols ongoing in Japan.

Remember to tag spoilers from anything that wasnt shown in the anime or hasnt been scanlated yet/released in vols yet

I think the one major thing I noticed in the manga that wasnt in the anime was...
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-10-12, 12:35   Link #2
LKK

I just checked the anime. The body definitely wasn't shown in episode 1.

That body is a good example of why I prefer to read the printed version of a manga over the scanlations. I've read the scanlation several times. But I never noticed the blood seeping out from under the bed. But I noticed it right away when reading the book.

More of my thoughts on v1 when I have more time. Busy, busy right now.

I'm amused you put the discussion of the body under the bed in a spoiler box considering it passes your spoilers not required requirements.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2007-10-12, 13:09   Link #3
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post

That body is a good example of why I prefer to read the printed version of a manga over the scanlations. I've read the scanlation several times. But I never noticed the blood seeping out from under the bed. But I noticed it right away when reading the book.
Me too, I didnt notice it at all when I read the scanlation online and then I noticed it right away in the manga.

Quote:
More of my thoughts on v1 when I have more time. Busy, busy right now.
Thats fine, I need to reread it again anyways, I kinda did the fast read of it (like I do with GH) and then go back later and actually read it.

Quote:
I'm amused you put the discussion of the body under the bed in a spoiler box considering it passes your spoilers not required requirements.
Huh? Sorry maybe its me but Ive read your comment 3 times I dont get what youre saying I tagged it since it wasnt shown in the anime, like I do with GH. Spoilers are very welcome here as long as tagged properly. But if you find amusment from it then Im doing my job properly.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-10-12, 14:37   Link #4
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Thats fine, I need to reread it again anyways, I kinda did the fast read of it (like I do with GH) and then go back later and actually read it.
Ditto on the needing to read cuz read it very fast scenario.

Quote:
Huh? Sorry maybe its me but Ive read your comment 3 times I dont get what youre saying I tagged it since it wasnt shown in the anime, like I do with GH. Spoilers are very welcome here as long as tagged properly. But if you find amusment from it then Im doing my job properly.
Quote:
Remember to tag spoilers from anything that wasnt shown in the anime or hasnt been scanlated yet/released in vols yet
But the blood underneath the bed is in a chapter that *has* been scanlated (3 years ago) and *has* been released in a volume. Therefore, it doesn't need a spoiler tag, right?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2007-10-12, 15:14   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
But the blood underneath the bed is in a chapter that *has* been scanlated (3 years ago) and *has* been released in a volume. Therefore, it doesn't need a spoiler tag, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK-sensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
~whistles~ Obviously its not a huge spoiler but Im so used to tagging stuff its kinda 2nd nature to me now
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-02-11, 12:08   Link #6
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

and time for a bump since vol 2 is out...

ok maybe Im having a total moron moment but there is alot of stuff I dont remember back when I read the scans

Only about half way through it at the moment but...
Spoiler for tagging since it wasnt in the anime:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-02-11, 13:29   Link #7
LKK

Quote:
ok maybe Im having a total moron moment but there is alot of stuff I dont remember back when I read the scans
I've found that to be frequently true. It's much easier to miss something when I read it in the scan versus reading it in book form. I think I tend to skim scans faster than when I read books.

One thing I noticed about the manga versus the anime...
Spoiler for small v02 manga spoiler:

Old 2008-02-11, 13:46   Link #8
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
One thing I noticed about the manga versus the anime...
Spoiler for small v02 manga spoiler:
I also noticed how much nicer Shito is to Michiru in the 2nd vol. I mean we saw that he was kinda nice but there were a few instants in vol 2 where I was like...is he being nice to her?? Nicer then Chika was to her. I stopped reading at the part where Shiba shows up so Im looking forward to see what is different in the manga.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-06, 17:29   Link #9
honorseven

Smile

I love zombie loan i am a big bleach fan but i love zombie loan it has some funny parts and action that i like i have read all the manga that they have put out and can't wait for the next new one.
Old 2010-01-07, 03:46   Link #10
Naruto Shippuden
Naruto Shippuden

zombie loan rocks, one of my favorite mangas
Old 2010-01-14, 17:26   Link #11
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorseven View Post
I love zombie loan i am a big bleach fan but i love zombie loan it has some funny parts and action that i like i have read all the manga that they have put out and can't wait for the next new one.
I think youre thinking of Zombie Power (I think its the name) which is by the mangka of Bleach, this is different.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread