AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 03:53   Link #8701
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Does looking at someone's eyes really tell you what they've been through? I always assumed that was a dramatic lie in various forms of media. Besides, what if somebody can hide what they've been through?
No, you don't. You can't lie, especially if you're an adult, you will knew if anyone is lying or hiding something.

I asked the same thing in Psychology class but denied, the point is that you can gauge them from the changes in iris, pupil, and even eyelids and overall facial expression. Computer can do just that, human accomplished it by either experience or special training.

It was true however that children and teen can be lied simply by averting your eyes a little, but then again babies and children has sharp instinct as substitute.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:55   Link #8702
DarkJak2050

Uhh, did you see my last post? I made an edit on it...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 04:00   Link #8703
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Jak

Admittedly, half of them ARE Japanese. But as I said, that doesn't stop them from drooling over their well-sculpted, rugged, probably scarred body. In fact, that kind of 'primal' attractive point exist in virtually in every single teenage due to their hormonal condition told them to seek a strong mate (hence why sometimes complain at their boyfriend for being 'whipped'), how dominant is such kind of atraction is depending on the effect from their culture and other factor (Japanese prefers Bishounen, french for a sexy gentleman etc).
Old 2011-11-21, 04:00   Link #8704
Eratas123

@ Jak - The majority of them aren't japanese. The anime is vague about it but Ichika says that more than half of the Academy are foreigners.

I don't know how they'd react though. As I said, I'm avoiding the male=sex symbol tangent that seems to be going around at least on Irish's segment.

@ Zero - That's useful, but how exactly can you tell if something's up with the person? Do you just stare at their eyes for a minute or something?
Old 2011-11-21, 04:07   Link #8705
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As I said, through experience and or special training. For example, a drill sergeant can tell if one of his pupil is cowering, or a teacher knew their student has problems.

You know, just see what happens if you compare a hunter's eyes in and out of hunting game, for greater focus, their lens can retract and contract easily. Of course human eyes couldn't' get such clues, but the other (eyelids, cheeks, eyebrows) will follow it, creating a tense-looking expression even when they aren't hunting. Simply because their face is accustomed to that.

Most people caught it from years of experience however, but studies have proven computer can do that easily. In case of the first type, no need a minute, five, three, or even split second may enough.
Old 2011-11-21, 04:13   Link #8706
Eratas123

@ Jak - Why are you so curious about their reactions anyway? I thought you weren't planning romance.

@ Zero - Then I guess I don't have to worry about Irish's segment then. His face is a normal bishie face but the fact that he's short, incredibly scrawny, and has pasty white skin is probably gonna turn off females who are probably attracted to more of Ichika's type of bishonen.

I'll also use the eye scan thing for all the teachers in ISA for both comedic segments (Trying to see who's hiding ero-mags) and more serious segments (Interrogations and questioning).
Old 2011-11-21, 04:17   Link #8707
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Then I guess I don't have to worry about Irish's segment then. His face is a normal bishie face but the fact that he's short, incredibly scrawny, and has pasty white skin is probably gonna turn off females who are probably attracted to more of Ichika's type of bishonen.
Are you crazy? Just look at Reaction Kaworu Nagisa From NGE get, and he's appearing in ONE episode before getting killed. He has everything Irish had except constant scowl (instead he get a creepy, CREEPY smile) and short stature (but still scrawnier than the resident 'Dude looks like a lady' Shinji)

Of course his jackassery will be a turn off, but some girls are into that...

Quote:
I'll also use the eye scan thing for all the teachers in ISA for both comedic segments (Trying to see who's hiding ero-mags) and more serious segments (Interrogations and questioning).
Yep, that can work.
Old 2011-11-21, 04:18   Link #8708
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Admittedly, half of them ARE Japanese. But as I said, that doesn't stop them from drooling over their well-sculpted, rugged, probably scarred body. In fact, that kind of 'primal' attractive point exist in virtually in every single teenage due to their hormonal condition told them to seek a strong mate (hence why sometimes complain at their boyfriend for being 'whipped'), how dominant is such kind of atraction is depending on the effect from their culture and other factor (Japanese prefers Bishounen, french for a sexy gentleman etc).
Whoa, okay then... and especially towards Scourge?!

This could be a little problem for Alpha Squad...

Quote:
Why are you so curious about their reactions anyway? I thought you weren't planning romance.
If there's one thing I have to say, there is no romance for these guys. Remember that they're not even interested. Ch. 4 even gives out hints/clues about it.

If you have thoughts/feedbacks, please leave them on Fanfic.net. I don't want them to get lost on here.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-11-21 at 04:34.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 04:29   Link #8709
Eratas123

@ Zero - I made him less of a jerkass now. He should be smart enough to figure out that antagonizing students would make his partner pissed at him so he won't act like a prick when unprovoked anymore. Unless they attack him or harass him, then all bets are off.

Side note - Are Japanese females really into people who could pass off as girls? Ichika is a bishonen but he's obviously male and has the body sature to prove it. Irish is scrawnier than some females due to the hormonal imbalance he received. Most people would find "Dude looks like a lady" to be not that attractive, right?

@ Jak - I'll read it once I actually get a chance to. Right now, I'm doing a project for childhood development. Hopefully I can read it by tonight though.

Side note - You're probably the only one here who has absolutely no plan to include romance in your fic. Kudos for being unique.
Old 2011-11-21, 04:42   Link #8710
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - I made him less of a jerkass now. He should be smart enough to figure out that antagonizing students would make his partner pissed at him so he won't act like a prick when unprovoked anymore. Unless they attack him or harass him, then all bets are off.
Irish might not hurt them or scare them, but being a cold-ass prick might turn them off (just look what happened with Laura, gender is no matter).

Quote:
Side note - Are Japanese females really into people who could pass off as girls? Ichika is a bishonen but he's obviously male and has the body sature to prove it. Irish is scrawnier than some females due to the hormonal imbalance he received. Most people would find "Dude looks like a lady" to be not that attractive, right?
I believe Ichika described himself as average-looking, but studies DECIDED that being average looking doesn't meant that you're ordinary, you can be handsome BUT your face is not one of a kind.

This kind of mindset means Ichika is attractive to general population.
Old 2011-11-21, 04:55   Link #8711
Eratas123

@ Zero - That's arguably the point. If I made someone with his background and his current situation act like a typical nice guy, don't you think it would be odd? Also, he's gynophobic and hates the IS. Where did they place him? IS Academy which only has female students (Ichika not included). The fact that he's not constantly raging around is already a good sign.

Besides, his segments focus on cynicism remember? Making him act like the other two protags kind of kills it so he's the Jerkass of the group who gradually gets better throughout the story.

He's not a complete ass though. He does try to act nice at times (Though these end up getting unexpected results) and he doesn't attack people unprovoked (Feminists from class 1-2 are the ones who attack first). Also, don't forget Amnesiac!Irish who acts more like a child than the regular one.

Overall, he's made to be unlikeable not because he's a stu, but because of the way he acts and some of his actions. Wheter he becomes more likeable later on is a case of YMMV.

Side note - Ichika calls himself average looking. Other girls describe him as looking like a more masculine Chifuyu and Laura even sees him with sparkles!
Old 2011-11-21, 04:57   Link #8712
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Side note - Ichika calls himself average looking. Other girls describe him as looking like a more masculine Chifuyu and Laura even sees him with sparkles!
Yeah, that too. As noted by Dan, resemblances between the three Orimuras (and Josh, later) is weird and uncanny. And have I mentioned The father of all Orimura? He look like a very cynical, goatee-sporting version of Josh

(Maybe because Orimura is a general template in I.S. world? )
Old 2011-11-21, 05:04   Link #8713
Eratas123

@ Zero - It's the template for all harem protags!(Except Touma). Yuuji, Saito, Kinji and various others use the same face template!

@ Jak and Zero - Is reverse gripping a knife actually practical or just cool looking?
Old 2011-11-21, 05:05   Link #8714
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Seriously though, this is anime. If you put your guys there they won't look like how you imagine them in real life. Hell, the German one might be a bishonen if he's placed in the same graphics that IS use.
Too bad RL equivalencies are too hard to find sometimes.

The closest i can get to is by tinkering around in 3d Custom Girl and the various pics i attach along w/ my creations.

Okay... I think i found an almost perfect RL equivalent to Maria at least. just add glasses.

And Elena?

One name: Alodia.

Last edited by Saint X; 2011-11-21 at 05:06. Reason: added links
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:06   Link #8715
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ It almost matched exactly.

@Eratas
Even if you're female, you'll going to attract harem with that template

What is reverse grip? You mean ninja like?
Old 2011-11-21, 05:07   Link #8716
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@eras:

That's no pervert. It's skinship! There's a difference. Chibifying does make her more screwy. But her usual self...

...how about wait till we get to the locker scene in Vandam. Karon shows off her badges and custom-made plug suit, and it suddenly leads to skinship. You need to read that scene to get the naunced level of her 'friendliness' right. I have trouble describing exactly what its like.

Or just ask Hayate.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:09   Link #8717
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
One name: Alodia.
- STOP!!! That's an unfair advantage and you know it!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:09   Link #8718
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
@eras:

That's no pervert. It's skinship! There's a difference. Chibifying does make her more screwy. But her usual self...

...how about wait till we get to the locker scene in Vandam. Karon shows off her badges and custom-made plug suit, and it suddenly leads to skinship. You need to read that scene to get the naunced level of her 'friendliness' right. I have trouble describing exactly what its like.

Or just ask Hayate.
^
Old 2011-11-21, 05:12   Link #8719
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Hmh.

Someone PM'ed me asking if I can stop writing my fic. Wonder why...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:13   Link #8720
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Hmh.

Someone PM'ed me asking if I can stop writing my fic. Wonder why...
What?! wait WHAT?!

EDIT: Why?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest