AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 08:38   Link #481
Iron Maw
Banned

Current progress

Main game:

Just got through Ch 16, 17 and 18 in one sitting. It's so nice to have actual boss dialogue instead of some generic liner.

I don't know if anyone did this, but I actually trained Say'ri for a bit so she could fight her brother. Yeah I'm big on theatrics, sue me.

Really though, cliched or not it made the most sense from a plot perspective, it's one fight the MC shouldn't be involved. Besides Chrom's dialogue with Yen'fay is pretty meh compared to previous Bosses.

Speaking of which, I kinda wish Cervantes and Pheros were capable of switching sides. I liked their characters from brief moment you met them, they're definitely the best of the minor antagonists.

Notable supports/side stuff:

Fe Avatar & Lon'qu: Pretty amusing how childish Avatar is here and slightly out character. Sneaking into a person's tent at night? Really? Still fun though.

Gaius & Nowi: Great stuff, Nowi so damn clueless despite being around for thousands of years. But she better stop barking up the wrong tree, as Gaius is already married to certain Bolt Axe wielding girl who probably won't take none to kindly to this.

Gregor & Marribelle: As usual, Gregor's supports (especially with the ladies) are always good.

Kellam & Tharja: Some wasn't expecting this to be about either one families, but it's quite nice. Hell Tharja writing letters to her folks is amazing in itself.

Fred & Cherche: Man, if I hadn't had Cordelia or Gergor married to these guys respectively, I might have coupled these two instead. Great chemistry here too and poor Virion. lol

Argh, what is this game doing to me!

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-04-05 at 12:13.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:02   Link #482
Destined_Fate

Did someone actually suggest Kjelle be offensive?

She's built to be a wall! Make her a Hard Hitting General that wont die!

To do this make either Donnel or Gregor her Father as MU is better used elsewhere and if you're going for DLC than she should end up as...

Armsthrift
Sol
Aegis
Pavise
Limit Breaker

Than pair her with a Swordmaster and she'll never get doubled and will double on nearly all enemies save the fastest stuff on TSON who at the very least wont double or hurt her.

Gaius as her Father?

Gaius gives her Sol sure but he doesn't give her Armsthrift and Kjelle doesn't really care all that much for Gale Force(As she'll drop it for Limit Breaker).

Which means Kjelle will NOT be able to abuse Helswrath or Gavidius. In that case you may as well just bench her right there as the best possible tanking is using the Legendary stuff that you may not even get in a Infinite Regalia clear, or multiple clears. So it's either Donnel, Gregor, or MU as her Father or Kjelle is going to the bench.

Just like that Cynthia is by far the worst child and without MU being her Father she may as well be on the bench or MAYBE trying to get off as a Support/Ferrier for someone that can take the heat and dish it out.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 20:14   Link #483
Destined_Fate

Scratch that. Vaike!Kjelle is better.

Than it can free up..

Gregor!Son
Donnel!Noire
Gaius!Nah
Old 2013-04-21, 07:34   Link #484
Westlo
Lets be reality

This game is crack personified!

Also reading the first page, lol @ how America ended up with this 2 months before Europe but I guess PAL land did get Xenoblade and Last Story first and are also going to get LTTP 2 and Mario & Luigi.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 12:22   Link #485
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

We also got Pandora's Tower first!
Old 2013-04-23, 05:15   Link #486
Sides

Finally got the game. All i can say is, L+R+Start !
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 17:40   Link #487
Destined_Fate

Europeans are getting Bonds before NA though, so they have that over us.

Though it's sad to say that it seems that Europe is facing FE:A shortages as well from what I've heard of European gamers not being able to buy physical copies.
Old 2013-04-23, 17:56   Link #488
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So..... Priam, the Descendant of the Radiant Hero comes out with the Spotpass on Thursday~

Spoiler for Priam:

My guess on his english VA? Troy Baker~
Old 2013-04-23, 18:48   Link #489
Destined_Fate

Priam is a touche subject as the fanbase is still at war over Ike x Soren vs Ike x Random Villager Girl.
Old 2013-04-23, 21:59   Link #490
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Priam is a touche subject as the fanbase is still at war over Ike x Soren vs Ike x Random Villager Girl.
I'm pretty sure Ike's lack of female love interests is just a long running joke in the fanbase.

The bigger controversies are: if Ike's world is connected to Marth's world after all because of Priam's appearance, and whether the spotpass characters are even canon, what with three of the Spotpass characters being villains in the main story that Chrom's group should have killed already.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:06   Link #491
Destined_Fate

Not at all.

Every Lord always ends up married in the end... Ike only has a paired ending with Soren or Ranulf... And the secret support with Soren too.

If Soren or Ranulf were women I'm sure there would be no doubt by much of the fanbase that they eloped. They aren't though so yeah....

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-24, 02:20   Link #492
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Jesus christ! the Aversa map is hard!
Old 2013-04-24, 22:14   Link #493
Destined_Fate

The enemies lack pair ups.

The easiest way to do it is to just use a full roster of a bunch of weaklings than have a skilled out Sorcerer paired with a Dark Flier with a Forged Aversa's Night go solo everything on their own while keeping everyone back.

MU - Sorcerer

Armsthrift
Vantage/Aegis
Vengeance/Sol
Wrath(Gale Force if FeMU)/Pavise
Tomefaire/Limit Breaker
Old 2013-04-25, 07:29   Link #494
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The easiest way to do it is to just use a full roster of a bunch of weaklings than have a skilled out Sorcerer paired with a Dark Flier with a Forged Aversa's Night go solo everything on their own while keeping everyone back.
Not everyone wants to cheese the game. It's supposed to be a strategy game, not a Hulk game.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:55   Link #495
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not everyone wants to cheese the game. It's supposed to be a strategy game, not a Hulk game.
The fact that you can cheese the game through grinding means that Intelligent Systems didn't do a very good job balancing the game this time around.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy it - there's plenty of content to enjoy - but I find myself putting more thought into breeding/raising my characters than I do on the actual battlefield, which is a stark contrast from past Fire Emblem games.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:05   Link #496
GDB

Meh, even in Fire Emblem 4 I did that. It's what made it my favorite FE game before this one.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:13   Link #497
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Meh, even in Fire Emblem 4 I did that. It's what made it my favorite FE game before this one.
Huh? Supports can be planned out in any FE game. Marriage and inheritance is just an extension of that.

I'm talking about the ability to grind outside of the main story, giving you an infinite source of EXP and gold like in Sacred Stones. Add in skills that are no longer class exclusive and the ability to reclass, and you can now make ridiculous combinations never possible before in the history of Fire Emblem.

When you can send a single (pair of) units into a lion's den of enemies and the lions end up dead instead of your reckless unit, something is wrong.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:33   Link #498
GDB

I was talking about the whole breeding/eugenics things.

If you don't like massively overpowering the enemy, you could always... not grind? I mean, that was always the case in older FE games too. You could focus fire EXP onto a couple of units and then have them just rip everything apart. Only difference here is you can do it again and again.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:48   Link #499
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I was talking about the whole breeding/eugenics things.

If you don't like massively overpowering the enemy, you could always... not grind? I mean, that was always the case in older FE games too. You could focus fire EXP onto a couple of units and then have them just rip everything apart. Only difference here is you can do it again and again.
Focusing EXP on fewer units still would not lead them to capping every stat possible, and those games certainly didn't give you a limitless supply of gold to buy an infinite supply of Brave weapons and forges to power through the game.

Self-imposed limits are nice and all... but you'll realize that they're not the same. Lunatic is designed with grinding in mind, so even if you impose your own limits try to do it without fighting outside of story/paralogue chapters, you'll find it quite impossible even if you focus all your exp on Chrom and the Avatar. A large majority of the maps in the game past the early ones are also open field with no real chokepoints or terrain to act as bottlenecks, so there's really no way to win strategically in the first place. Either you power through with your statistically superior units, or the enemy overpowers you. There is no inbetween.

It's like if I played a broken fighting game like Mugen with only one hand, then claimed it was well balanced game simply because I could give myself a challenge with externally imposed limits.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:53   Link #500
GDB

Well, discounting the fact that you have to pay for any map beyond Marth's, you can't really grind that far unless you take a LOT of time to do it (I don't recall if Spotpass teams give exp in Hard mode, but I know they only give 1exp in Lunatic). That's not quite the same as having infinite everything build in.

Tags
3ds, fire emblem