AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-11, 18:37   Link #201
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Haruto was in L-Elf's body and using his memories to fight Cain.
When Haruto feeds on runes, he has those shiny red marks manifesting on his face. When he bit L-Elf in the last episode, they were missing. It seems he can choose. He chose to simply jack his body. He stopped feeding from him, from what we could see, after Marie died and he discovered the nature of the runes. Haruto declared he'll be the one with all the curse burden. Not that I'm defending the less than stellar writing, but I thought these points were made sufficiently clear without insulting the viewer with a redundant infodump.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-01-11, 20:01   Link #202
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
When Haruto feeds on runes, he has those shiny red marks manifesting on his face. When he bit L-Elf in the last episode, they were missing. It seems he can choose. He chose to simply jack his body. He stopped feeding from him, from what we could see, after Marie died and he discovered the nature of the runes. Haruto declared he'll be the one with all the curse burden. Not that I'm defending the less than stellar writing, but I thought these points were made sufficiently clear without insulting the viewer with a redundant infodump.
Don't buy it. They were mind linked. Pino and the Valvrave would have siphoned runes from both.

Accessing and downloading L-Elf memories into his own brain would have created double runes.

Runes are just "memory/information" particles made up whenever something just simply exists, time goes by, or someone makes a new memory. This is what happens when they don't stick to the rules they've established.
Old 2014-01-11, 22:16   Link #203
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Anyone else felt it was an unnecessary tease when they first brought up the possibility of creating new memories to replace the ones they lost with Marie? For a sec I was expecting that to be put to use concerning Haruto. Sadly it didn't
Old 2014-01-11, 23:59   Link #204
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Anyone else felt it was an unnecessary tease when they first brought up the possibility of creating new memories to replace the ones they lost with Marie? For a sec I was expecting that to be put to use concerning Haruto. Sadly it didn't
Memory used up faster than you can make them it seem.
Had he just take some runes from some random enemies rather than holding back, Haruto will survived. kindness and softness is what killed Haruto, if it L-elf he'll bit the helluva out of people to take in runes as much as possible.
Old 2014-01-12, 00:14   Link #205
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Had he just take some runes from some random enemies rather than holding back, Haruto will survived. kindness and softness is what killed Haruto, if it L-elf he'll bit the helluva out of people to take in runes as much as possible.
You would think with all the focus on him needing Runes that he would have at least fed on L-Elf more than once the entire season.
Old 2014-01-13, 10:12   Link #206
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I think that when Haruto bites enemies he isn't the one obtaining Runes but the Valvraves. Remember he was more like a human battery. It seems like the only way for him to have survived is waiting years to fight and making new memories. But still, his death was really forced.
Old 2014-01-13, 11:44   Link #207
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^If he went along with L-Elf's plan to have multiple pilots for Unit 1, then he'd still be alive right about now. He'd be lacking some memories, but more or less alive.

All this "I'll carry everything myself" & it still didn't mean shit. We got Satomi, Shoko & probably every surviving student becoming Kamitsuki later down the line. It even went from being a curse to a blessing.

That's why his death is kinda meaningless when I think about it. Now if there was no other way but for him to pilot Unit 1, then the death won't feel so stupid. But when you die to keep everyone else form suffering the same fate & they still do it anyway, then that death loses meaning.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-01-14, 02:26   Link #208
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I think it was pretty crappy to have Haruto seemly recover for a second and die on L-Elf immediately afterwards. Imagine how he must have felt.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-01-14, 05:10   Link #209
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I think it was pretty crappy to have Haruto seemly recover for a second and die on L-Elf immediately afterwards. Imagine how he must have felt.
"Hey? Hey, come on! Seriously dude, we finally start clicking, and then you leave me?! Why does everything I love die?!"

Tags
characters