AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-19, 05:30   Link #2241
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
First time I've heard Garnet Moon, but damn does this song kick ass... know where I can get it?

Must say your scenes work well with the music, especially the transitions amongst the Kitsune Musume
The link I used was the OP animation for Banpresto(SRW) and From Software(Armored Core)'s Another Century's Episode. You heard me, SRW Crossover + Armored Core engine.

*hides his second theme, which is named Glorious*
Old 2007-06-19, 05:32   Link #2242
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
The link I used was the OP animation for Banpresto(SRW) and From Software(Armored Core)'s Another Century's Episode. You heard me, SRW Crossover + Armored Core engine.

*hides his second theme, which is named Glorious*
That much I know at least I'm just wondering where I can get JUST the song

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-19, 05:40   Link #2243
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
And I'm not sure about not well explained - some of Glock's chapters are dedicated to explaining who and what the Necron are
The details are what trip me up, really, such as the little things like what their armaments look like or sound like.

A large part of it is just the way I write: if I know something has its roots in some other fictional work, and is a straight reference (rather than just a broad archetype), then I am deathly afraid of getting it wrong. Which is one reason why I'm reluctant to write much even in the Nanohaverse; I know so little about how the Infinite Library works.
Old 2007-06-19, 05:48   Link #2244
KBTKaiser

Quote:
That much I know at least I'm just wondering where I can get JUST the song
Well...I did find a very active discography of the vocalist(Shimatani Hitomi) at isohunt...
Old 2007-06-19, 05:48   Link #2245
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
The details are what trip me up, really, such as the little things like what their armaments look like or sound like.

A large part of it is just the way I write: if I know something has its roots in some other fictional work, and is a straight reference (rather than just a broad archetype), then I am deathly afraid of getting it wrong. Which is one reason why I'm reluctant to write much even in the Nanohaverse; I know so little about how the Infinite Library works.
Well, to be truthful most of the background knowledge about the Necrons I gleaned from wiki, and I was first introduced to them by the Dawn of War PC game (which would be your only source of what the Necron sound like, since you don't get that in the original tabletop game ).

If you're truly interested in finding out what a reference is about, it's easy enough to search for the appropriate info: Youtube should have some Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War Dark Crusade videos showing some Necrons kicking ass, Like this one. . I find that searching for what a reference is about can lead to some unexpected inspirations at times (like with the Cthulu Mythos ).

Quote:
Well...I did find a very active discography of the vocalist(Shimatani Hitomi) at isohunt...
Sweedelicious

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-19, 06:15   Link #2246
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Well, to be truthful most of the background knowledge about the Necrons I gleaned from wiki, and I was first introduced to them by the Dawn of War PC game (which would be your only source of what the Necron sound like, since you don't get that in the original tabletop game ).

If you're truly interested in finding out what a reference is about, it's easy enough to search for the appropriate info: Youtube should have some Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War Dark Crusade videos showing some Necrons kicking ass, Like this one. . I find that searching for what a reference is about can lead to some unexpected inspirations at times (like with the Cthulu Mythos ).
Okay, I have to agree that the video does have lots of Necron arse-kickery. Very nice.

I'm hoping that future references will be rather more transparent, and if they turn out to be Shared OC Alterverse-spanning ones like the Necron threat, it'll be open enough to those who've never heard of the source.
Old 2007-06-19, 06:16   Link #2247
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Nice OPs everyone

LoweGear, you could make one for Mai and her comrades.

Let's see..."Bravin' Bad Brew" (Venus Versus Virus OP), what do you say?
Old 2007-06-19, 06:22   Link #2248
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Nice OPs everyone

LoweGear, you could make one for Mai and her comrades.

Let's see..."Bravin' Bad Brew" (Venus Versus Virus OP), what do you say?
Not one to actually make fan-op videos, but I'm checking out that OP... looks good so far, and Bravin' Bad Brew is loads of awesome I'm just content actually having a concrete image of Mai, which I still haven't done for Kay and Glock (oe even Smith and Wesson)

Old 2007-06-19, 06:38   Link #2249
KBTKaiser

Hrm...try to use Sora Iro Days(Nakagawa Shoko) as my one of my next themes or not... >>;
Old 2007-06-19, 06:40   Link #2250
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hrm...try to use Sora Iro Days(Nakagawa Shoko) as my one of my next themes or not... >>;

Will it involve HOTBLOODED MANLY DRILLS OF EPICSIUM?!?!

Old 2007-06-19, 06:44   Link #2251
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Very cute Kero-kun ^^ When will we see Part 3?
Depends, I do have a lot more spare time at the moment, but my lack of skill when it comes to writing fluff may slow it down somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Aw... Yeah I am wondering how things work the next day...

But somebody's gotta nerf the Shari Home Video camera.
Do you honestly want to try and stop Hayate when she's in that mood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Awww. The exchange of goodnights part was pretty damned cute. And Keroko doing the Tendou Souji pose was nice. So she's mainly a meat-eater then? Nice work.
Tendou Souji? *looks up* Well what do you know, accidental reference.

Yes, Keroko likes meat. She can be picky where vegetables are concerned, but there is hardly any type of meat she doesn't like.

Quote:
Chrono is acting more like Kyon every second Anyways, nice to see more of the sibling relationship between Nanoha and Keroko, very touching . And what the - Why are Chrono and the others watching?
Better brace yourself for the next chapter then, I'm not surprised if I accidentally end up typing Kyon a couple of times.

As to why Chrono and the others are watching.... A better way to put the question would by why is Chrono watching with the others, because we all know the reason why the Wolkies are watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
What's with the hidden camera's everywhere
Did Nanoha only give in because she didn't want to end up cosplaying somewhere in the future?
Now it wouldn't be a hidden camera if Nanoha knew about it, would it?

Quote:

I'm also afraid of getting it wrong, but I love the references. Why? Because whenever I want to use something, I go on an extensive research to see if I'm getting it right (despite my more-then-average warhammer knowledge, my Necron knowledge nearly doubled these last few months). Which leads to discovering thingsI would have previously ignored. Mecha anime, for example, never held much apeal to me before this thread started.

Quote:
Okay, I have to agree that the video does have lots of Necron arse-kickery. Very nice.

I'm hoping that future references will be rather more transparent, and if they turn out to be Shared OC Alterverse-spanning ones like the Necron threat, it'll be open enough to those who've never heard of the source.
The Necron thing was something that spun horrible out of control, as I can remember that it was actually meant to be nothing more then a reference.

But what do you men by open enough? I mean, there will always be people who never heard of the source.
Old 2007-06-19, 06:44   Link #2252
KBTKaiser

Replace Drills with Blades and Gun barrels.
Old 2007-06-19, 07:05   Link #2253
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Well, after a lengthy discussion with Aaron, it's time to let the cat peer out of the bag.

Spoiler for Um...O-KAY....:

...Plus parts, anyone?

Quote:

H-SHE LIVES!!!! THE GOD EMPRESS LIVES!!!! THE STAR CHILD HAS RETURNED!!!!!! THE RISE OF THE IMPERIUM HAS BEGUN!!!

Watch out for the ION CANON though...
Well it's a whimsical thought. We'll never know until the God Empress is found...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Spoiler for length:
Oh No worries, I'm used to it; Kha's being too powerful has been a problem right from inception, so its always a constant balancing act.

I must say, ever since Loner pointed out that Kha had a canon conflict, and was h4xx, he's been torn down and rebuilt, and somehow it turned out better than ever. It's partly because he's more normal, and yet not so normal. Now's the time to bring it all together in one big Bluecheesium quadruple post, and finalize it in Codex, though I'd rather put it on my blog due to the sheer length of such a detailed character + skills + history.

However, along the way, I might have grown Kha to be too powerful, just like how 3 little girls grew up into 3 of the most famous h4xx0r5 of all TSAB. Now to see if canon has anyone who can top them, then we know whether Kha truly is overpowered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for This time, Rurika is on the bar stool:

Rurika has unfulfilled secret desires?
o_0 Wow that was a surprise... How many more permutations are there? I see Hayate falling in love with Acous when it works like a love potion, and Kaempfer turning into a frog for the sheer WTF factor.

Kaempfer: ...

Tsukaima really get the worst deal.

Zafira: ...

Yes.

Mai: ...

I must point out that Kha the OC likes the drink like Fate, and its Kha the Ultra-Director (me) doesn't...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Part 12 Part 2 HERE NAO! I've also reposted something I did in the Fanfic's thread, just since I'm kinda more or less mildly lost on how it really goes, so take it as a non-canon crack from the only Siglio shipper in existence. And also..Saga's image song. :3

Spoiler for Part 12 : 2 Of :

Next part shouldn't take TOO long...Since I'll be throwing in bits of Signum/Isdera and Vita/Wira along with some Shamal/Astra... expect some sap soon. And maybe...just maybe, we'll cover Saga/Tiara too.

And here's Saga's image song...Not in Japanese. It's his image song, which reflects his future events and conditions a little, so probably a little spoiler here and there.

So, just imagine Hoshi Souichiro in his deep, melancholic voice singing this and you'll do fine.

Spoiler for Hurt by Johnny Cash:

Anyway, with my canon/fanon stuff done...let's move on to stuff that's really fanon...

BE CONVERTED TO SIGLIO!!!!! Repost from the Fanfic Thread. :3

Spoiler for Preview:

Oh, I want to thank Aaron and Kha for their comments on this repost earlier. :9
Yeah man. Signum = Old Caro FTW!!!

Shirou: Ah-choo!
Kha: Gesundheit.
Quote:
Hm, I should clarify this. What I meant was that I don't really get the references, and I accept that they're not really that important in the story, but several other things happen:

I lose the "nuance" of the characters. Essentially, to me, the references are just another name or term which could very well be all-original. So, to take an example, assuming Kha (or someone else; just using your character as an example, Kha) uses the Goldion Hammer (the name of which I've heard before, but no more), I don't really have any idea why this is significant. Okay, it is, from the name, a hammer. From context, it's probably powerful or big or whatever. But that's all I'm getting, and all the excitement about it is puzzling, to say the least.

More importantly, since I don't know the reference, all I can do is smile and nod and wait for the conversation to turn to something I recognize. We have this Shared OC Alterverse which I'd love to take part in, but since I know next to nothing about the Necrons from WH40K, I can't write anything about the 37th CIAA meeting them, since I may get things completely wrong. (It'll be a pain to just wing it, get corrected, edit, get corrected again, and edit again, ad infinitum.) So all I can do is try to glean some information about just what these Necrons are from context, and as mentioned, it's not very well explained.

Now, I'm not saying that references are bad. Heck, the 37th CIAA and 8th IAR have their own fair share of references, ranging from the character archetypes to Lila (Specialized Heuristic Organized Data Access Node number 43893, anyone?). However, I'm seeing what looks like references taking over the characters and turning into crossovers.

Basically, the question is such: you've made a reference in the character. Now, assuming that there is someone else who has absolutely no idea what that reference is, can they come in and use that character and lose nothing at all in the translation?
I see we agree. Kha's skills have been explained to near breaking point about how they work (and thus Bluecheesium was seeded) so that anybody else could come in and make him work for them. I had that in mind ever since I started work on him, and I still apply that to all my chars. As questions came up, I clarified and added to it, so I hope it's still good.

BUT as I said earlier, with the advent of Schneiderform, and even more skills and reinterpretations; plus a full synopsis on the uses and limitations of the Reactive Linker Core, I think it's time for the 3rd Edition release of this:
Spoiler for Kha...?:

I'll do my best to cheese the rest!
Old 2007-06-19, 07:12   Link #2254
Aaron008R

Quote:
Well, here's a link to where I got the source music from. >>;
Garnet Moon

Any lyric mistranslations are solely my own inexperience.

Spoiler for Mabiko theme:

Uuuuu...I don't think I have enough inspiration to go through the 2nd part of the song quite yet.
Cool. And I see what you mean by lack of inspiration for the 2nd part. That song is twice as long as anime openings.

Quote:
Part 12 Part 2 HERE NAO! I've also reposted something I did in the Fanfic's thread, just since I'm kinda more or less mildly lost on how it really goes, so take it as a non-canon crack from the only Siglio shipper in existence. And also..Saga's image song. :3

Spoiler for Part 12 : 2 Of :

Next part shouldn't take TOO long...Since I'll be throwing in bits of Signum/Isdera and Vita/Wira along with some Shamal/Astra... expect some sap soon. And maybe...just maybe, we'll cover Saga/Tiara too.
I can't wait for the eventual confrontation! I'll need the data to be able to fill up the blanks in my scenario.

Quote:
And here's Saga's image song...Not in Japanese. It's his image song, which reflects his future events and conditions a little, so probably a little spoiler here and there.

So, just imagine Hoshi Souichiro in his deep, melancholic voice singing this and you'll do fine.

Spoiler for Hurt by Johnny Cash:
Link's not working where I am right now. I'll listen later. Though the lyrics are very fitting.

Quote:
Anyway, with my canon/fanon stuff done...let's move on to stuff that's really fanon...

BE CONVERTED TO SIGLIO!!!!! Repost from the Fanfic Thread. :3

Spoiler for Preview:

Oh, I want to thank Aaron and Kha for their comments on this repost earlier. :9
I said it once and I'll say it again. The idea is so sick it's COOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
- Kyla, check. Ruri, check. so that leaves, Minerva, Chacha, CC, and Andrei

- Tannhauser... not the fleur- that for the 'Tantra' class ships the bureau has- the Asura's sisters.
*shudders at the prospect of CC going berserk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Do you honestly want to try and stop Hayate when she's in that mood?
Anybody's opinion becomes irrelevant once she goes to 'that' mood.

Quote:
Tendou Souji? *looks up* Well what do you know, accidental reference.
It was a nice touch, anyway.

Quote:
Yes, Keroko likes meat. She can be picky where vegetables are concerned, but there is hardly any type of meat she doesn't like.
*notes again* Her personalization is getting better and better.

Quote:
Better brace yourself for the next chapter then, I'm not surprised if I accidentally end up typing Kyon a couple of times.

As to why Chrono and the others are watching.... A better way to put the question would by why is Chrono watching with the others, because we all know the reason why the Wolkies are watching.

Quote:
Now it wouldn't be a hidden camera if Nanoha knew about it, would it?
Shari's Home Videos?

Quote:
o_0 Wow that was a surprise... How many more permutations are there? I see Hayate falling in love with Acous when it works like a love potion, and Kaempfer turning into a frog for the sheer WTF factor.
!!!! Which reminds me! Nightengale! Are you still going through with the HayateXAcous little-sister-note-related-at-all-going-OOC-moe fic?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-19, 07:19   Link #2255
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Cool. And I see what you mean by lack of inspiration for the 2nd part. That song is twice as long as anime openings.
That's not quite the whole song either. The full song has another whole minute on top of what they have. They pulled 1st verse, 2nd verse, 2nd half of final refrain, cutting out the instrumental and the 1st half of the final refrain, which is part of the 1st verse and then refrain of the 2nd verse.
Old 2007-06-19, 07:22   Link #2256
Aaron008R

Quote:
That's not quite the whole song either. The full song has another whole minute on top of what they have. They pulled 1st verse, 2nd verse, 2nd half of final refrain, cutting out the instrumental and the 1st half of the final refrain, which is part of the 1st verse and then refrain of the 2nd verse.
AMV base material then?!
These are the kinds of songs that you can use to fit every OC here in the thread without rushing much.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-19, 07:27   Link #2257
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
!!!! Which reminds me! Nightengale! Are you still going through with the HayateXAcous little-sister-note-related-at-all-going-OOC-moe fic?
Well...yes, but life's been kinda rough. And I'm mildly busy with my Saga story anyway... If everything goes very well, Saga's story will be over by the end of this week...so we'll see where the ZnT parody goes.

My Saga Story was originally supposed to be a mere 2000 word summary...now it turned into a semi-official fic... so any delays on my other multiple projects like Beyond Beginnings, Hayate-Acous raburabu story, Graham Chronicles one-shots, my epic GSD-fic in planning for the past year can't be helped, so they're all in the waiting list.

I've come this far, I might as well end it as quickly as I can.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-19, 07:29   Link #2258
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Just reposting from the FF.net thread something I got from watching the live action Initial D movie by Jay Chou, and Lucky Star:
Spoiler for Preview for "OC StrikerS SS in Kagami magazine" XD:
Hums "Piao Yi" by Jay Chou.

Old 2007-06-19, 07:36   Link #2259
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Must.... not.... smirk... *distorts face*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
The Necron thing was something that spun horrible out of control, as I can remember that it was actually meant to be nothing more then a reference.

But what do you mean by open enough? I mean, there will always be people who never heard of the source.

I added that reference for Glock's weapon... Kha expanded on it, and the rest is history

Quote:
*brakes*

What the?!?!?!?!

Quote:
AMV base material then?!
These are the kinds of songs that you can use to fit every OC here in the thread without rushing much.
If you want a song that can fit every OC here without rushing much...

Sound the Gong!

Quote:
Just reposting from the FF.net thread something I got from watching the live action Initial D movie by Jay Chou, and Lucky Star:
Spoiler for Preview for "OC StrikerS SS in Kagami magazine" XD:
Hums "Piao Yi" by Jay Chou.

Fate T. Haraown, Terror of the Mountain Passes

Old 2007-06-19, 07:47   Link #2260
Aaron008R

Quote:
Well...yes, but life's been kinda rough. And I'm mildly busy with my Saga story anyway... If everything goes very well, Saga's story will be over by the end of this week...so we'll see where the ZnT parody goes.

My Saga Story was originally supposed to be a mere 2000 word summary...now it turned into a semi-official fic... so any delays on my other multiple projects like Beyond Beginnings, Hayate-Acous raburabu story, Graham Chronicles one-shots, my epic GSD-fic in planning for the past year can't be helped, so they're all in the waiting list.

I've come this far, I might as well end it as quickly as I can.
I see. I can definitely wait. What's important is that the idea is not discarded. Thanks.

Quote:
[I][SIZE="1"]
*brakes*

What the?!?!?!?!

Quote:
If you want a song that can fit every OC here without rushing much...

Sound the Gong!

OR

Show your SKILL!

These'll get Kha (or anyone else for that matter) boiling with HOT BLOOD!

OC Profiles
Closed Thread