AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-03-17, 21:33   Link #3481
Shadow Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Depending on what he is, he may just be superhuman and be able to suddenly pilot it. And it would only be really annoying if he was on Britannia's side fighting.
That's exactly my point. In S1-EP2 (Season 1, Episode 2) Suzaku had no training in piloting a knightmare. If Rollo fight for/with the OotBK, I'm okay with that. But if Sunrise had put a carbon copie of Suzaku, read my sour taste comment a few post back.
Shadow Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:35   Link #3482
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
I wonder if he cares bout Kallen at all. She's ooften out at night with no reason given, skip classes and stuff, and he doesn't have a word about it.
But maybe he's the kind that spoils kid and let kid have the freedom to do anything they like.

Newtype Romance Spring issue is today.
3/24 there's ASUKA, 3/26 has CompAce (Nightmare of Nunnally), and 3/27 is Lost Colors. I wouldn't expect the first 2 to give anything big though. If there's info it'd be for Ep1, since isn't officially aired yet.
Newtype, Animage, and Animedia would be 5/7, all 3 of them will have special coverage on Code Geass R2. Newtype should have a brief intro on the first 4 episodes.
I have wondered the same myself, but maybe he is the type who is always away on business. Given Kallen's comment on her being okay even if she was arrested makes me think he wouldn't punish her too harshly for her actions, though that seems a little hard to believe.

Maybe Lost Colors will provide at least some info, though I wouldn't expect a lot really.

None until 5/7? Wouldn't the first 4 episodes have aired by then? I suppose it could have info on new characters and Knightmares though if possible.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:39   Link #3483
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
LOL. So cute!

It's in the parking lot under Tower of Babel.
Let's hope the tower doesn't collapse or get blown up / burnt down / flooded by Britannia army.
Or hopefully Rivalz has bought good insurance for his bike.

Rollo: If all the terrorists are defeated, Britannia army will retreat. I must save niisan!
(Steals a Vincent and start beating up KMFs, among them is Zero Burai with you-know-who inside.)
This might happen. Rollo in Vincent VS Lulu in Zero Burai.
Defeat the terrorist to get his niisan back. If Rollo is working for Britannia, he will definitely be able to gain access to Vincent right? He would not have known who is inside Zero Burai by then as it appeared before the brothers before they are separated. I hope Rollo don'y get "killed" in the process which will ignite Lelouch's hatred toward Britannia when he found his locket in the wreckage.

By the way, is the orange ship shown in trailer, Avalon? Do think it will blow up the tower? I pitied Rivalz for his bike. His skills in repairing bike will not be mentioned if nothing happens to his bike
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:41   Link #3484
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The orange ship is the Zeppelin that the Order uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Reaver View Post
That's exactly my point. In S1-EP2 (Season 1, Episode 2) Suzaku had no training in piloting a knightmare. If Rollo fight for/with the OotBK, I'm okay with that. But if put a carbon copie of Suzaku, read my sour taste comment a few post back.
Well, he apparently went through simulators or something but I do understand what you mean. It was also partly due to whatever special ability he has. Rollo may fight for them, though I can't help but think that Lelouch would be a little against such a thing. And whatever ties to Britannia Rollo has would come up at some point which would provide the whole conflict that it seems he may have.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-17, 21:41   Link #3485
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Reaver View Post
That's exactly my point. In S1-EP2 (Season 1, Episode 2) Suzaku had no training in piloting a knightmare. If Rollo fight for/with the OotBK, I'm okay with that. But if put a carbon copie of Suzaku, read my sour taste comment a few post back.
I thought they said Suzaku scored the highest in the simulators. I'd say that's plenty of training, even if he'd never been in actual combat. Anyways, I agree with this sentiment.
Old 2008-03-17, 21:48   Link #3486
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
None until 5/7? Wouldn't the first 4 episodes have aired by then? I suppose it could have info on new characters and Knightmares though if possible.
It's 4/7... Sorry. *sweatdrop*
I was making my travel plan to Japan in May in another window and got mixed up. XD

I was joking on Rollo fighting for Britannia part. I really don't think he'd want to do that.
He's not too happy when seeing the boxer brothers. And he's shocked to see Britannia KMF shooting civilians. I think his wouldn't like Britannia much after these incidents.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:56   Link #3487
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I was joking on Rollo fighting for Britannia part. I really don't think he'd want to do that.
He's not too happy when seeing the boxer brothers. And he's shocked to see Britannia KMF shooting civilians. I think his wouldn't like Britannia much after these incidents.
but...but...white wing black wing!

Ah, I dunno anymore. God this is a fun show for being able to do that.

(edit: sorry shadow reaver, I thought it might have gotten you or someone else mad or something, so I deleted it. ^_^b)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:57   Link #3488
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
It's 4/7... Sorry. *sweatdrop*
I was making my travel plan to Japan in May in another window and got mixed up. XD

Oh, alright then. No problem. Besides info on the first four episodes, what else could we expect? Maybe info on other characters like Lloyd, Diethard, Ougi and the rest?

His reaction makes him all the harder to figure out. I find myself wanting to like him a lot and hope things go okay with Lelouch(though it seems a given for Rollo to die). What about the evil smile and the aura of madness then? What's up with that?

If he is potentially anything like C.C. or V.V., maybe we'll see something interesting from him. Wait, what if we get something out there like RolloXC.C.? That would be insanely random.

Old 2008-03-17, 22:00   Link #3489
Shadow Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
God this is a fun show for being able to do that.

(edit: sorry shadow reaver, I thought it might have gotten you mad or someone else mad or something, so I deleted it. ^_^b)
Isn't that the reason why everyone here loves this show?

And no need to apologize, you did help calm my senses down a bit with that message. so I'd say thanks are in order instead.
Old 2008-03-17, 22:01   Link #3490
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
but...but...white wing black wing!

Ah, I dunno anymore. God this is a fun show for being able to do that.
I see Xero (Zero) from Shining Tears X Wind

Another thought came into my mind. Lelouch and Nunnally dropped off the map for two years before going to ashford right? In between, is there any chance of them meeting Rollo? After that they went off separately when Lelouch took Nunnally to the Ashfords. Hence Rollo is "separated" from Lulu for "a few years".

Quote:

If he is potentially anything like C.C. or V.V., maybe we'll see something interesting from him. Wait, what if we get something out there like RolloXC.C.? That would be insanely random.

I had imagined the possibility of Rollo X C.C before.
Old 2008-03-17, 22:02   Link #3491
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I love the show, but sometimes it drives me a little insane.

@Pink-chan: I severely doubt it actually since I think that would make him seem too normal when it seems they want Rollo to have a less reasonable past. I don't think he existed till last year.

And it would be quite the surprise if they had Rollo and C.C. get together. Well, if they are alike in any way then I suppose it is possible. Heh, two characters who seem fated to die getting together is quite funny. If any hints start happening, then I guess it will be easy to guess the pairings.

Old 2008-03-17, 22:06   Link #3492
KrimzonStriker

True that, still I don't imagine C.C being able to live with a wimp like Rollo, if only because he wouldn't be much of a housewife compared to Lelouch Rollo and Kallen though.... now THAT would be really random!! Still, I thought it was hinted he was going to appease Yaoi fan girls or something?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 22:10   Link #3493
Shadow Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Still, I thought it was hinted he was going to appease Yaoi fan girls or something?
*shuts off Winamp for a minute and can hear the yaoi fan girls screaming across the pacific ocean and all the way to Eastern Canada.*
Old 2008-03-17, 22:12   Link #3494
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
True that, still I don't imagine C.C being able to live with a wimp like Rollo, if only because he wouldn't be much of a housewife compared to Lelouch Rollo and Kallen though.... now THAT would be really random!! Still, I thought it was hinted he was going to appease Yaoi fan girls or something?
Yeah, but Code Geass is all about surprises though, right? It would really get me angry if they did that though now I can't shake the feeling it has a strong chance of happening which means Kallen getting Lelouch just got a much stronger case.

Old 2008-03-17, 22:12   Link #3495
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I think we have enough geass users as is. (though if V.V. sent him, you never know. )

And C.C. is so not going to try and seduce her contract's "little brother". At best/worst, Rollo will get a crush on C.C., which could be absolutely hilarious for poor Lelouch who'd be caught in the middle of the two.

Quote:
I love the show, but sometimes it drives me a little insane.
*bangs head against wall*

"is there any reason Rivalz is in this show? You're not going to do anything bad to him, right? like turn him into a vampire, or make him homeless, or have his love Milly kill him with a knife? right? D:"

uh, but that aside...this show is a little over the top sometimes (...alright, most of the time), but that's one of its charm points (even if Taniguchi and co. hadn't exactly planned on it being this over the top till that dummy Takeda Seiji rejected their original pitch for the sat 6 slot. >_>)

Quote:
True that, still I don't imagine C.C being able to live with a wimp like Rollo, if only because he wouldn't be much of a housewife compared to Lelouch
seriously, no one in this show is as big a housewife as Lelouch. and I mean absolutely nobody (not even Sayoko, a professional maid): He cooks, he cleans, he sews, he buys you clothes, he takes care of his crippled sibling, he takes your dirty plates after a meal, etc. etc. etc.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 22:23   Link #3496
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I think we have enough geass users as is. (though if V.V. sent him, you never know. )

And C.C. is so not going to try and seduce her contracts "little brother". At best/worst, Rollo will get a crush on C.C., which could be absolutely hilarious for poor Lelouch who'd be caught in the middle of the two.

*bangs head against wall*

"is there any reason Rivalz is in this show? You're not going to do anything bad to him, right? like turn him into a vampire, or make him homeless, or have his love Milly kill him with a knife? right? D:"

uh, but that aside...this show is a little over the top sometimes (...alright, most of the time), but that's one of its charm points (even if Taniguchi and co. hadn't exactly planned on it being this over the top till that dummy Takeda Seiji rejected their original pitch for the sat 6 slot. >_>)

alright, no one is as big a housewife as Lelouch. and I mean absolutely nobody (not even Sayoko, a professional maid): He cooks, he cleans, he buys you clothes, he takes care of his crippled sibling, he cleans up your plates after you, he sews, etc. etc. etc.
Well, I don't think he is a Geass user, but I think he is somehow related to the Geass.

That was sort of what I thought when thinking against it, though you never know. I'd rather Lelouch be the only option for C.C. honestly, though I still haven't disregarded the chance of her having a lover very far back in her past and her being unavailable because of it.

That would be hilarious though. I wonder how C.C. would react though or if she would even notice. Maybe he could get a crush on Kallen instead. Maybe Rollo will even try to set his brother up though I have to wonder who it would be with. Still, I'm not sure if they would go that far with romance in this.

So Taniguchi was going to have it be more sane early on?

He's the perfect slave...I mean husband for any woman. Now to see who gets him.

Old 2008-03-17, 22:24   Link #3497
Shadow Reaver

Quote:
At best/worst, Rollo will get a crush on C.C., which could be absolutely hilarious for poor Lelouch who'd be caught in the middle of the two.
It wouldn't surprise me if it actually turns out that way.

Quote:
He's the perfect slave...I mean husband for any woman. Now to see who gets him.
I think the first word is probably the most accurate of the two.
Old 2008-03-17, 22:26   Link #3498
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
They need not worry about their daily chores with maid oniisan around. Luluko will be awfully It sounds random yet fun
Old 2008-03-17, 22:27   Link #3499
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

If that happened though, it would be a huge hinderance to LelouchXC.C. happening at all.

Old 2008-03-17, 22:27   Link #3500
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Although I'm not that much of a fan for yaoi, I'm already pleased. Actually I'm extremely pleased. I can see there will be dozens of Rollo doujinshi in the convention in May. Finally I can buy some good doujinshi without that annoying Suzaku occupying almost every page! *flees*

I can't imagine C.C. being interested in Rollo though. She's not interested in anybody and is only sticking around Lelouch because she need him to fulfill the contract... at least that's what she claims.
As for Kallen... It'd be fun to see Kallen boss Rollo around.

Quote:
Oh, alright then. No problem. Besides info on the first four episodes, what else could we expect? Maybe info on other characters like Lloyd, Diethard, Ougi and the rest?
Newtype will have a 20 page booklet for R2. So we'll probably see more background settings.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote