AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-11-10, 23:27   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Some guy who probably appeared at the end of the last episode but I completely don't remember because this show: "I have a daughter, but she's like a son!"
Protagonist: "That makes sense"

Me: ................? These lines don't work when you skip character development!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 03:32   Link #82
devilo96

stupid question takeru OG world is peacefull world without beta right?
then takeru in eps 2 that got killed is takeru from beta world and his existence got replace by takeru from OG world but why takeru OG world know about beta and future?

did i miss something kinda confuse....
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 06:17   Link #83
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
stupid question takeru OG world is peacefull world without beta right?
then takeru in eps 2 that got killed is takeru from beta world and his existence got replace by takeru from OG world but why takeru OG world know about beta and future?

did i miss something kinda confuse....
This is the third part of the trilogy. Takeru had already done the tango once

Spoiler:
Old 2021-11-11, 08:01   Link #84
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Some guy who probably appeared at the end of the last episode but I completely don't remember because this show: "I have a daughter, but she's like a son!"
Protagonist: "That makes sense"

Me: ................? These lines don't work when you skip character development!
Small spoiler about Muv Luv Extra (which is the first story of the Muv Luv universe that this show skipped and somehow assume you already know), to explain Mikoto's whole deal.

Spoiler for Muv Luv Extra:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-16, 14:42   Link #85
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Not sure I actually get the plot of this one.... How is this related to the previous Muv-Luv Alternative series?
It didn't look they were loosing that badly in the last two works... I mean yeah, they were loosing, but not that badly.

E: To specific, I mean the ones with the US-Pilot and the European ones from a few years ago.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-11-16 at 15:00.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-16, 18:51   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Not sure I actually get the plot of this one.... How is this related to the previous Muv-Luv Alternative series?
It didn't look they were loosing that badly in the last two works... I mean yeah, they were loosing, but not that badly.

E: To specific, I mean the ones with the US-Pilot and the European ones from a few years ago.
I've only watched Total Eclipse, but I think it takes place before this. They've been holding off the BETA for 30 years, so they weren't losing that badly until recently.
Old 2021-11-16, 21:18   Link #87
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Total Eclipse happens roughly at the same time as the main series.
The situation in Total Eclipse is better because it takes place in America, which is BETA free.
The US achieved this by nuking Canada to oblivion when the BETA attempted to land there

Schwarzesmarken happens in the 80s, before Europe was overrun by the BETA.
Which means the entire plot of Schwarzesmarken is utterly meaningless since in the end everyone becomes BETA food anyway.
Old 2021-11-17, 17:58   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we know how Kasumi can communicate with Sumika's brain. The question is why Sumika's brain is so important, as well as why she has memories from the peaceful world.
Old 2021-11-17, 22:43   Link #89
Magewolf

Why are they making this show? Can anyone who does not already know the games story make any sense of this?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-18, 07:39   Link #90
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Total Eclipse happens roughly at the same time as the main series.
The situation in Total Eclipse is better because it takes place in America, which is BETA free.
The US achieved this by nuking Canada to oblivion when the BETA attempted to land there

Schwarzesmarken happens in the 80s, before Europe was overrun by the BETA.
Which means the entire plot of Schwarzesmarken is utterly meaningless since in the end everyone becomes BETA food anyway.
Didn't they go to Japan in the end, where it still ? I also remember parts of Germany and France being still fine. (Also the UK)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-11-18, 07:54   Link #91
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Didn't they go to Japan in the end, where it still ? I also remember parts of Germany and France being still fine. (Also the UK)
It's been a while since I watched Total Eclipse so I don't remember any of those. Anyway Germany is impossible. UK is actually fine, the best defense against BETA is the sea, apparently. For the same reason the only part of France (if we exclude territories outside Europe) that is still BETA free is the Corsica island.

Here's a map of the hives and territories occupied by BETA at the time of Muv Luv Unlimited and Alternative:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...1980582214.jpg

Anyway one thing I remember clearly from Total Eclipse is that in the first episodes they narrate the events that lead to the invasion of BETA on the western side of Japan. So it starts some time before Muv Luv Unlimited and Alternative but it makes clear that Japan is slowly losing the war.

Old 2021-11-18, 22:34   Link #92
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Why are they making this show? Can anyone who does not already know the games story make any sense of this?
I mean, the general gist is pretty simple.
Aliens invade.
Protagonist travels through time and dimensions because of sciency stuff
Protagonist is trying to change the future
More traveling between dimensions because of sciency stuff to get help on more sciency stuff
More sciency stuff makes loli a special person

Does the show make me care about any of this? No.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 09:15   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Everything makes sense to me. I mean, they pretty much discarded the characters just so they can have giant info dumps every episode, it'd be really weird if it didn't make sense.
Old 2021-11-20, 07:02   Link #94
devilo96

https://youtu.be/ZsRnXSCiqsg

little out of topic...
upcoming muv luv game for mobile
name immortal:muv luv alternative

preregis link
https://www.immortals-muv-luv.com/

man love the art...and i see cryska in that site...
hope they improve the ultimate atack animation
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 22:51   Link #95
B214

You should move this to the game & general discussion thread.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 17:59   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was an actually good episode, with some focus on the characters for once and the story moving forward. But apparently there are only 4 episodes left? Is it split cour?
Old 2021-11-24, 19:20   Link #97
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There's no way they are going to cover the rest of the story in 4 episodes, so they are only covering the first half. There's still a lot of major characters that haven't even been properly introduced.

Anyway the story has finally addressed all the various important relations of the main cast.

- Sakaki is the daughter of the prime minister of Japan, who was just reported has having been killed by the leader of the Coup.
- Tama is the daughter of an important UN officer (there was a whole episode dedicated to his visit, and they still rushed it. We have also seen him again in this episode).
- Mikoto is the daughter of that shady intelligence guy.
- Ayamine is connected with the leader of the Coup.
- Meiya is a relative of the Shogun. They haven't said that much so far, but the specific relationship will become clear soon.

It was a good episode, but it's more like the bar was set so low that a mediocre episode seems good now. It seems that they intend to adapt properly this arc.

Old 2021-11-24, 19:36   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
- Meiya is a relative of the Shogun. They haven't said that much so far, but the specific relationship will become clear soon.
I thought she was her daughter. On that note, the subs have totally spoiled the Shogun is female, which would have normally been a big surprise since every Shogun in history was male.
Old 2021-11-27, 22:31   Link #99
MCAL

Besides Wakamoto, if there was one seiyuu from the VN that I could have saw returning for the anime it would have been Takehito Koyasu as Sagiri, but I guess not. Still not sure the logic of recasting the entire cast, including the more active mainstream ones.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-28, 18:53   Link #100
AC-Phoenix
Detective

You know... I just remembered (while playing Project Mikhail)... All this endless death here is just an alternate reality to a story about a girl who fell into a coma after being run over by a car...