AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-06-20, 15:03   Link #1781
magnuskn

I mean, given the amount of people she has already killed, she probably has little compunction at all about taking human lives. Not to mention that there is the aspect of how "human" a digitized 12 years old girls mind really is after another 16 years or so. There has been basically no discussion on the show regarding that little factoid, that we don't even know what her recorded brain patterns even mean for her (or rather "its") mental development, capacity to "feel" emotions in the first place and so on.
Old 2023-06-20, 16:54   Link #1782
Key Board
Carbon

thinking about how many nasty cliffhangers the show had so far
I don't think they can resist adding one last one
at least there's no delays

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-22, 07:26   Link #1783
azarhal

Someone on spacebattles forum counted how many ships the SAL had in one fleet in the last episode: 63.

SAL had 3 fleets in that episode and got another one destroyed in the episode prior to it. So about 250 ships and probably more if they have more fleets. This doesn't include Dominicus or Front/Companies own security forces too. Those ships are also in the 500 meters long category (aka really big).

This tell use that Ad Stella is a very militarized setting and there are probably a lots of conflicts happening in Space too, otherwise SAL wouldn't need an army of that size.

It also explain why Benerit Group have fleets protecting their important Fronts like Plant Quetta. It's not in case of Earthians terrorists attack who can't leave Earth without Spacian help.

Actually, maybe Shaddiq's plans for Earth was just based on how it works in Space. Everyone has a huge army to deter everyone else from attacking each others.

And then Delling created a super weapon to dominate everyone. No wonder SAL is scared shitless of Quiet Zero, it effectively replace them as the Space policing force. Think about all the jobs and military hardware sales losses!
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-22, 16:59   Link #1784
Key Board
Carbon

I have the impression that SAL just wanted to dismantle Beneritt Group and didn't know what QZ could do until it was too late

And I suspect they're the kind of people who will want to recreate QZ if they could, so I guess that potential sequel fodder.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 16:20   Link #1785
azarhal

No preview pic for episode 23 it seems.

And the episode will be delayed on Japan streaming services. And it might be delayed on China and Taiwan too. I didn't saw any news about CR delaying it thought.
Old 2023-06-24, 18:24   Link #1786
quagmire

Do you think Suletta will be able to destroy Aerial GUND-BIT’s seeing how they are the other repli-children? I’m sure she wouldn’t want to kill them.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 04:36   Link #1787
kiak666

Looks like the True Final Boss of the series is:

Spoiler for Final Episode:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 05:58   Link #1788
ryllharu

Felsi and Bel are both so cute in this episode.

The only voice of common sense amid all these stupid battles over imagined conspiracies (Lauda, get some sleep and watch over Petra's recovery).

And someone who is so committed to not doing harm to make up for the things she's done, but still willing to break her promises to herself in order to save a life.

The SAL's villainy really seems out of nowhere though. I know the hags and Elan Prime are behind a lot of it, but the SAL never got the build up it needed as a political body in the setting.

The shots of Gundam Caliban in the OP are very cool and for the minor faults this series has, the music is so good.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 06:10   Link #1789
azarhal

F*** *** SAL!

I saw it coming a mile away once we learned they were behind DoF.

Lauda is an idiot. Felsi FWT! Guel is really the Patrick Delacour of this series.

Prospera was really working with Delling, because Quiet Zero is pulling double duties: freedom for Eri and there is something else inside of Quiet Zero with dreams of its own
Spoiler for tomatoes:

Speaking of Prospera, she has a implanted GUND/permet thing inside her head that glows like a very cool tattoo. And she showed way more emotions when Eri pulled a Nadim then anything we have seen from her so far.

Miorine I think your mother-in-law really, really hates you.

Controlling something without permet link is very hard. Just ask ChuChu. No wonder it is everywhere.

Suletta has god tier dodging skills. Not sure how she's going to dodge a mega laser wide enough to destroy everything at Lagrange Point 4. How long until it recharge? Also, that Laser looked like permet 8 GUND tech...

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-06-25 at 06:35.
Old 2023-06-25, 06:28   Link #1790
fukarming

Good episode - foreseeable yet intriguing. Though I wonder how they can close it off in 1 episode
Spoiler for spoiler:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 06:56   Link #1791
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So what/who was it that weakened the data storm? Is there someone besides Eri and her girls inside, most likely Nortrette? Guessing Miorine will probably get to bid her farewell before Quiet Zero is destroyed.

Glad Guel and Lauda's fight was resolved without either of them dying, though obviously I cared more about Guel than Lauda. Felsi is great.

We got confirmation Miorine fully intends to marry Suletta, since she stated Prospera and Eri will be part of her family too. I don't expect Prospera to survive though, she'll most likely sacrifice herself in the final episode.

Some Gunbits are still intact to I assume Suletta will take control of them.

All I'm hoping for the final episode is for the Peil hags to get their comeuppance and Miorine and Suletta's wedding.
Old 2023-06-25, 07:01   Link #1792
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
The SAL's villainy really seems out of nowhere though. I know the hags and Elan Prime are behind a lot of it, but the SAL never got the build up it needed as a political body in the setting.
They already revealed to us in episode 19 that SAL High Council have been hungry to take down Benerit for ages. Now we finally see how much they want Benerit to go down.
Old 2023-06-25, 07:18   Link #1793
magnuskn

Hrm. I'm sure they'll shoot the big cannon another time, but the first time they probably could have gotten away with "Well, it was a big mistake, teehee!". The second time would log as absolutely deliberate.

Not sure if Eri is really gone, though. I guess we'll see next week.
Old 2023-06-25, 07:29   Link #1794
azarhal

Another episode with 60+ animators, including a few legends of the industry. Lucky for them there is only one episode left, because those animators are near death at this point...

And next episode will most probably be action based as well, unless they just blow up everyone.
Old 2023-06-25, 07:39   Link #1795
quagmire

Jeeez…. It’s now giving Gundam Wing a run for its money on plot shift pacing…
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 08:04   Link #1796
azarhal

The 5 gund-bits around Calibarn when things are "over" are the same as those dancing in the ED. We are getting a kitbash next episode.

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-06-25 at 08:38.
Old 2023-06-25, 08:31   Link #1797
Frontier

Calibarn vs Aerial! Suletta is barely holding it together but she's still fighting to get through to her sister(s) and mother, even if they're still devoted to this path of basically wiping away everything to create an "ideal" world for Eri and their own warped sense of the Vanadis ideals. But they REALLY basically wrote off Suletta to just sit back and make friends and thinking that would be the end of it. What dumb-dumbs .

They finally updated the Opening with the Calibarn, Demi-Barding, and Schwarzette! I love that shot of Aerial and Calibarn locking beam sabers .

Maybe I wrote off the Schwarzette too soon, admittedly Lauda uses it's own Bits coming from the sword and it's flurry of lasers quite effectively. He's also basically just a twisted, warped, version of Guel at this point driven by pride and ego .

Martin...Martin really should not have come on this trip .

Delling is using whatever physical strength he has left to pacify the Space Assembly League. I actually enjoy watching him squirm. Though too bad the SAL are planning to nuke everything with a laser and leave Peil and OG!Elan (who really looks like he doesn't want to be there) to pick up the pieces .

Wait, there's another personality in the Aerial that's separate from Eri and the other Eri's? Is that the Aerial itself ?

I was not expecting killer Haro's. No. 5 bringing his own gun though? I should've seen that coming .

"No one will die this time." Ah, thinking of Norea, huh? Well, I guess it could also refer to the Vanadis Incident. Still not over that one either, Kenanjia .

Figures Guel would make the sacrifice play to let himself get hit to save his brother...but thank goodness Felsi had the most sense still left in this group and managed to really put a cap to this unnecessary sibling squabble .

"Love both your daughters equally!" you tell her Miorine !

Belmaria finally came through and fought to protect others! Even No. 5 seems to have finally made peace with her .

How convenient that Miorine found her mothers' code just in time to use it to stop Quiet Zero. Although she got one last word of love with her mother too, which was nice .

See, this is why Char clones have masks, so they can survive a bullet to the head. Not that Prospera is happy about her plan being stopped or being Miorine's future mother-in-law .

It's just too bad stopping Quiet Zero isn't the end of it as the SAL launch their laser and Eri has to sacrifice the Aerial and all the Gundnodes to stop it and save everyone...while looking back with love to her sister one last time. Is this the end for Aerial? Eri? What's next? Are they going to fire the laser again? Are they going to have to take it out ?
Old 2023-06-25, 08:36   Link #1798
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
They already revealed to us in episode 19 that SAL High Council have been hungry to take down Benerit for ages. Now we finally see how much they want Benerit to go down.
That's not the point. SAL was barely mentioned before that episode. They don't have the crunchy build-up a faction of their strength should get in any anime, much less a Gundam series.

I get they don't want to make Prospera irredeemable villain because of the Tempest reference, but SAL was badly teased out to do the supervillain stuff. They had plenty of other options.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 08:58   Link #1799
Wandering Soul

At least the Guel/Lauda drama was wrapped up and thanks to Felsi, neither one of them died. The fight got to show up how cool the Schwarzette is, which only makes it more of waste that it was piloted by such a terrible character

I honestly expected Bel to die at Prospera's hand ,but I guess living to atone for crimes is a better fit.

Some Gund Bits are still intact so I'm wondering if they will make a mishmash of the remaining parts of Aerial and Caliban for Sueletta to pilot during the final episode.
Old 2023-06-25, 09:04   Link #1800
azarhal

The passcode to shutdown Quiet Zero that were tried:
"quod erat demonstrandum" which means "which was to be shown, or proved".
"quod erat faciendum" which means "that which was to be done".
"quod est absurdum" which means "I believe because it is absurd".

And selecting the account Nortrette ask "How are our tomatoes".

And after rewatching, I'm wondering what is Prospera head/face permet thingy connected to since it was still glowing at the end. And Suletta might have something similar, since she glowed red outside of a cockpit as a baby. The Mercuries still have some secrets it seems.