AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-28, 14:29   Link #401
Claymore_Obsessed

These days, I'm really into Misoji Misaki.
I can't get tired of this song... I am moved every time.
Old 2007-09-29, 11:28   Link #402
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'm so happy with the karaoke ending CD, I don't think I have ever brought any album that has brought me as much happiness as this. The CD is absolute genius, my favourite track has to be Valentine Day Kiss, but I wonder how Tsukasa's va was able to put up with Konata's antics during recording? They must have been recorded separately I don't think it is humanly possible to not burst out laughing especially when Konata starts choking
Old 2007-09-29, 12:27   Link #403
PirateSkittles
Organization of Cute

It probably was recorded seperately. I have trouble just listening to it without laughing, imagine singing it. xD

I try my best not to laugh, especiallly when I'm at school...but right at the end, I can't help but laugh. Konata's just wearing herself out with her wotagei. xDDD

Makes me kind of disappointed that they didn't get the whole cast to sing some song karaoke-style at the ending of the last episode. Minoru sang in so many endings, it got old.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:16   Link #404
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSkittles View Post
Makes me kind of disappointed that they didn't get the whole cast to sing some song karaoke-style at the ending of the last episode. Minoru sang in so many endings, it got old.
It was a great idea to have the karaoke session's behind closed doors as it lets the viewer imagine what was going on in there (and saves them cash), but tbh I would have also liked to have seen what happened in there as well. I thought the Minoru sessions were okay, but would have preferred them if Akira's va was riding on him the whole time even if it was in the form of a monologue.

I've got the last part of Cha la head cha la set as my ring tone and it has raised some eyebrows when it rings, I even had a dbz fan start trying to talk to me about it
Old 2007-09-29, 21:26   Link #405
stardf29

Something that's been bugging me lately...

What genre of music would y'all classify Motteke! Serafuku as?
Old 2007-09-29, 21:53   Link #406
therationalpi

Okay, I know it was really silly, but I fricken love Patty's character CD. Her voice is so moe, and the Akihabara song is absolutely hilarious. However, the track I've been listening to the most is "Pa pa pa pa patty." I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing while listening to it.

I'm really looking forward to the album with Misao. Best voice of all time.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:57   Link #407
darksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardf29 View Post
Something that's been bugging me lately...

What genre of music would y'all classify Motteke! Serafuku as?
Japanese style rap/funk fusion perhaps?

Last edited by darksider; 2007-12-26 at 10:17.
Old 2007-10-01, 06:18   Link #408
darksider

Alright, now I've played 'Default Joshi-kousei Nyan', one of the Hiyori's character song, and geez, this is by far and away the greatest and craziest, of all the Lucky Star character songs! I think even Motteke is no match before this one!
Well, some of other character songs are not that bad, I know, but they tend to reflect just smaller bits of their personalities, while this song is Hiyori herself in a music! It's like comparing hand mirrors to a cheval mirror I'd say.

So I tried translating the song but while it's not terribly hard (at least easier than Motteke, for sure) it seems like it needs a number of translation notes... for instance, people here are familiar enough with the word 'yuri (lily)' but not 'bara (rose)' right?
...Well, I guess I'd better just give it up.
Old 2007-10-01, 09:02   Link #409
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
However, the track I've been listening to the most is "Pa pa pa pa patty." I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing while listening to it.
That is a great track it now is my ring tone I keep imagining her conversation with Kagami when I hear it.
Old 2007-10-01, 13:11   Link #410
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... I just threw some money at the character CD debacle:
Pre-ordered Nanako and Misao (two of my favorite voicing from the series)
And ordered a few in-stock items: Patty, Minami, and Yutaka.
Hmmm, I might order the karaoke one (didn't notice it in the cdjapan listings).

edit: found the karaoke CD ... Igor moment: "It must be MINE!!!" .... <sigh>
Old 2007-10-02, 10:21   Link #411
Calawain
Gaijin

Forgot to post this earlier, haven't seen anyone else with it. "Motteke! Sailor Fuku" won the anime theme song award in the 2007 anime Kobe awards to no one's surprise. The song hit like #2 on the Oricon charts, which is unheard of for an anime based song I think. So congrats!

ANN Source
Old 2007-10-02, 14:28   Link #412
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksider View Post
So I tried translating the song but while it's not terribly hard (at least easier than Motteke, for sure) it seems like it needs a number of translation notes... for instance, people here are familiar enough with the word 'yuri (lily)' but not 'bara (rose)' right?
...Well, I guess I'd better just give it up.
The nuance behind bara in this context isn't rose though. It refers to BL if i remember the nico "notes" right.
Old 2007-10-03, 20:51   Link #413
Nuke Mayhem
Shopping Hero 4ever

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Mayhem Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Mayhem
Found a myspace page, playing with some of karaoke ending songs.

http://www.myspace.com/luckystarmore

My favorite is Konata sing "Cha-La Head-Cha-La".
Old 2007-10-04, 06:04   Link #414
darksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The nuance behind bara in this context isn't rose though. It refers to BL if i remember the nico "notes" right.
Yep, you seem to got it right, though 'bara' is a even older jargon than 'yuri' and this is not "boys" love but "men's" basically.
And, to fully enjoy the song you have to be able to understand other Japanese idioms and proverbs, like "猫をかぶる" and "腐っても鯛", and otaku lingos like 801.

Also note that the baseline of this song is very old-fashioned orthodox J-pop, yet if you listen carefully you will notice the background is rather eccentric, which I guess is the Hiyori's mindset itself. And her way of singing, I think, also shows how powerfully deviant she is!

Oh, it's getting too long and I think I'd better stop here...
Old 2007-10-04, 07:40   Link #415
Keruri
Like a falling star

Now that the last of the "main batch" is out, I'm going to finally do an overall review for each song.

Konata - Dondake Fanfare - I absolutely love the effects on this one, such as the typing in the beginning and the "level up" video game noise. The background music is pretty good for the most part. I like this song, but it's not one of my favourites.

Konata - D Drive, Love - It sounds like a march. Sure, the lyrics fit, but the song is far too quiet for Konata. I don't like this one.

Kagami - Kenka Yohou no Jikan dayo - This one seems to be a "let's show that speaking fast is cool!" song. It gets better as the actual singing begins, but I still don't care for it.

Kagami - 100% nai nai nai - I absolutely LOVE this song. Overflowing with tsundere and Kagami spirit. It's really easy to imagine her singing this. One of my favourite songs on all of the CD's.

Tsukasa - Ne Tou ge de Reset! - Fantastic. This song is a perfect one for Tsukasa, and like above, I can really imagine her singing this. So cute! Another favourite of mine!

Tsukasa - Sister Wars - Not much to say. It's pretty bland; I don't like it much.

Miyuki - Moe Yousotte nan desu ka? - The whole topic of the song makes me laugh, and Miyuki's voice is especially cute here. Though it's the better of the two songs, it's still forgettable.

Miyuki - Tabun Kanari Futsuu no Kyuujitsu - Reeeally boring.

Yutaka - Minimum Tempo - My favourite character.... and I don't really care for either of her songs. The lyrics are cute, but though Yutaka's not loud by any means, this song seems a little too quiet for her. Snapping doesn't seem to work with her image.

Yutaka - Tatoeba Pink to Blue Demo - The song is boring.... there aren't any high points about it. The music doesn't even pick up during the chorus. A dissapointment to me.

Minami - Damatto Yasumi Jikan - Not too bad, and it develops a bit of personality for Minami, but I know Chihara Minori can sing better than this.

Minami - Toumei Ribbon - The better of the two, to me. I think it's cute, and shows Minami's personality. The singing isn't bad, but Minori shows her true talent when belting. Not the greatest song, but not the worst.

Hiyori - Mo, Mousou Machine - I love both of Hiyori's songs! This song really showcases Shimizu Kaori's in-character singing talent. She keeps Hiyori in character while still sounding good. Not to mention that that slightly mature tone and small vibrato work really well with both Hiyori and this song.

Hiyori - Default Joshikousei Nyan - Arguably my favourite of all of the songs. INCREDIBLY catchy, and it's so typical of Hiyori to sing something like this. The lyrics are great, but one has to understand them to get the full meaning of the song. Vocals are great, and the song itself is absolutely wonderful!

Patty - Cosplay no Kokoroe - Like Hiyori's CD, I find both of Patty's songs to be fabulous. These lyrics are just like her, and it's just too cute!

Patty - Saidai Seichi Carnival - This is just the type of song I can see Patty singing! A song about Akihabara.... so typical for her. The lyrics are, again, absolutely great. So catchyyy. The background music is great as well, almost tropical in a way. I love how Sasaki Nozomi doesn't strain to stay in character and still sounds just like Patty. Another favourite song of mine!

The first batch of CDs didn't impress me, but this round, Hiyori and Patty made them quite worth it.
Old 2007-10-04, 23:32   Link #416
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Perhaps it's because I don't understand all the lyrics, but I put my favorites as Konata's Dondake Fanfare, Tsukasa's Ne Tou Ge De Reset!, Kagami's 100% Nai Nai Nai, and Minami's Toumei Ribbon. The rest just don't strike me as interesting.

In particular, Dondake Fanfare and 100% Nai Nai Nai make me best remember their respective characters' most defining moments. Konata's wild happy-go-lucky lifestyle and Kagami's true tsundere tone sends many scenes back whenever I play them.

Kagami: Why, why, god, why?

Those characters are complete classics...a whole new standard for school anime archetypes.
Old 2007-10-05, 10:56   Link #417
titiung

Wink 4th Ending

Anyone knows the name of the song Kagami sings in the ending of 4th episode? I really like that song. Thanks for helping me
Old 2007-10-06, 11:25   Link #418
PirateSkittles
Organization of Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiung View Post
Anyone knows the name of the song Kagami sings in the ending of 4th episode? I really like that song. Thanks for helping me
Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu. It's the theme song of a drama of the same name, and it's originally sung by Nagasawa Masami.
Old 2007-10-07, 15:20   Link #419
FireChick

I really want all those character songs!
Old 2007-10-09, 15:15   Link #420
bakaohki
idiot cabbit?

The new Shirashi album actually was worth tracking down... his full length Koi no Minoru Densetsu was worth it.
Closed Thread