AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 21:33   Link #1081
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l guess voicing my opinion on her doing nothing...which seems that's all she's been doing makes bias, huh?
So it's okay to question charlotte's motives and so on.... but sylvie is off-limits, so that's how it is?l get it now. The funny thing is l'm not even attacking sylvie's character but more so the posters who see fault in charlotte's character and declare sylvie the favorite when she has done nothing!
Not so much as off limits as what you are trying to imply that she is something she isn't, and it ticks people off

The fact is that charlotte is doing something to wish the best outcome for Sylvia and Teppei but is also unable to keep her own feelings in check. If not she wouldn't have needed to add such a pointless request to Teppei to "never forget her". Now what do you suppose that means?

But your picks at Sylvia has being "oh she is doing the silent treatment on Teppei in hope that he will notice her" which certainly isn't the case. Simply put, she doesn't know how to express herself nearly as much as Charlotte but she IS trying...and has already begun taking a liking to Teppei.

On the other hand...Teppei should have had more sense to go up to her and have a nice long chat once in a while. As much as Sylvia is apparently ignoring him, he isn't doing any better himself and he is supposed to be the more open guy than Sylvia so while two wrongs don't make a right, he has less excuse to be a "wrong".

Quote:
look at my posts, see lf l have bad mouthed her or anything all l have said is she's done nothing and question what makes her a favorite over charlotte aside from the fiancee card
But she hasn't play any sort of financee card though...you are just misinterpreting it as malice on her part since it is the only thing keeping Charlotte from jumping on top of Teppei...oh wait...she did that already

But seriously, for now she hasn't done anything "plotting" wise. Charlotte hasn't either but shit is going to hit the fans soon the way she is going.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 21:34   Link #1082
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
If you are going by this part of my post it was meant to be a sarcastic take at what she coud be thinking since she hasn't done anything yet people see her as a favorite it wasn't supposed to be taken really serious that's why l bolded the whole thing to distinguish it from the rest of my post. l blame myself for not adding my sarcastic smiley face...oh well.
Is that an excuse? Because if it isn't, you're doing it wrong (and by that, I mean your post).

You put text in bold letters, you're emphasizing it—or shouting it out loud. And with your obvious preferences, it can be taken seriously. Adding a sarcastic smiley face would actually further enhance it (and by that, I mean worse).
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 21:40   Link #1083
Key Board
Carbon

I'm rooting for Seika.
OK, she's a bitch, but at least she a personality and a goal in life.

Charlotte reminds me too much of Chizuru from Kanokon. She's way too easy at times.

Sylvie... seems horribly indifferent. It seems as if Teppei could smoke a bong in front of her and she wouldn't care. (Though episode 5 was a step in the right direction)

Yuu is well, a maid for the better or worse. I'm half expecting her to turn yandere (NEVER trust the maids)

Still, I enjoy this show. I look forward to the inevitable "YOUR FAMILY KILLED MY FAMILY!" drama. Right now I'm putting my suspicion on Sylvie's father. It must be the Koyasu Takehito voice.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 21:45   Link #1084
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But she hasn't play any sort of financee card though...you are just misinterpreting it as malice on her part since it is the only thing keeping Charlotte from jumping on top of Teppei...oh wait...she did that already
l'm not saying she has, it's more like l'm asking why is she the favorite...is it because she has the Fiancee card hanging over teppei. ln other words,l'm asking if the posters here who see her as a favorite because of that? because in all honesty she has done nothing to be the favorite except for being his fiancee which isn't much to go with it...since it wasn't their decision in the first place.

Quote:
Is that an excuse? Because if it isn't, you're doing it wrong (and by that, I mean your post).
lt isn't go read my post before the text bolding, l never said that's what she was thinking they keyword l used was it's like her mindset is and then proceeded on being sarcastic... l never said this is her mindset

Quote:
Charlotte reminds me too much of Chizuru from Kanokon. She's way too easy at times.
Oh come now, Chizuru is a complete horndog when it comes to the one she loves....charlotte is nowhere near her league
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 21:53   Link #1085
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
l'm not saying she has, it's more like l'm asking why is she the favorite...is it because she has the Fiancee card hanging over teppei. ln other words,l'm asking if the posters here who see her as a favorite because of that? because in all honesty she has done nothing to be the favorite except for being his fiancee which isn't much to go with it...since it wasn't their decision in the first place.
Actually from Episode... 2 and 3, most people acknowledged that the "Fiance Card" was just about gone, given that Teppei has the choice to decide who he wants to Marry (unknown if Sylvia can, But Teppei would probably cancel if Sylvia does not want to). And on whether or not Sylvia is the Favorite... That's up in the Air. By pure content, Charlotte is way up front. But there are alot of Underlying tones that give Sylvia the Edge at the same time, which lead to speculation that alot is in store for Sylvia. It really has nothing to do with him being her Fiance.

Quote:
lt isn't go read my post before the text bolding, l never said that's what she was thinking they keyword l used was it's like her mindset is and then proceeded on being sarcastic... l never said this is her mindset
Unfortunately You have alot of posts like that and only a few of them are bolded. Too avoid confusion try maybe a [/Sarcasm]?
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 22:01   Link #1086
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
What is this? An interrogation?

Does there have to be a solid reason for liking a character? I personally have a weak spot for girls of her personality type more or less, and her character design appeals to me the most. Her actions will either add or take away from that impression and since she hasn't done much yet, only time will tell but she is right up there at the moment

But asides of that you did attack her by saying she was JEALOUS in bold and whatnot.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 22:08   Link #1087
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
What is this? An interrogation?

Does there have to be a solid reason for liking a character? I personally have a weak spot for girls of her personality type more or less, and her character design appeals to me the most. Her actions will either add or take away from that impression and since she hasn't done much yet, only time will tell but she is right up there at the moment

But asides of that you did attack her by saying she was JEALOUS in bold and whatnot.
Heh, regarding the jealous part l'm just repeating what other posters had said about her regarding her jealousy towards teppei and charlotte's closeness.

Again, l don't really care what character other posters like as we all have different taste. what l was asking what made her the favorite as some posters had said she was even though she has done nothing.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 22:17   Link #1088
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Oh, semantics?

Putting your "sarcasm" aside, you were coming off as trying to interpret her character as part of an argument you were trying to make. What you were saying was clear enough. That was like saying, "He's not an evil person. He just acts like one. But I didn't say he's an evil person at all."

Like Foreshadow was implying, your recent posts are utterly confusing. Perhaps it would be best to stick with the /sarcasm tag.
Old 2009-08-04, 23:26   Link #1089
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't think I really care which of the four ends up closest to Teppei, since I like them all, in their different ways. Even Seika, who is gradually healing from her hatred for the Arimas.

As long as we're not arguing, I think it's interesting to compare notes as to how we think the characters are feeling about each other. It's not "mind-reading" so much as trying to guess what the visual and verbal clues put in by the director and writer are supposed to mean.

What I see is Charlotte having happened on Teppei at the beginning and really liking him, without any idea who he was. She likes, admires, and is grateful to him, and wants to spend a day with him. But she knows her friend is his fiancee, so asks her permission and won't go too far. She and Teppei both like each other. I mean, who wouldn't? Both of them are pretty nice and quite good-looking.

Sylvie appears to have been cool toward the betrothal, and not expecting to like Teppei, but her fights with him are a way the two of them bond, and they like each other, too. She's not willing to stop her friend having a date with Teppei, but is surprised to find that it makes her feel uneasy. She will probably soon recognize her feelings for him. The fact that she is recognizing her feelings second, after Charlotte, makes me think it's a set-up to show she has a good chance of "winning," but I could be wrong. She does have a big advantage in that if no-one does anything to change things, they will be married someday.

Yuu is just a maid, and had no special feeling for Teppei at first, but from her glance in the social club building, I think the director may be indicating that she is developing some kind of romantic feeling for him, too. His move in the early episode to bring himself down to her social level by asking the maids not call him "master" should make her feel grateful to him, at least. And she is in a position to see his good qualities 24 hours a day.

When Seika first met him, she was just doing her job as the equivalent of the student council president when she criticized his tie. She's a kind of aristocrat, so was a bit haughty, but was fairly gracious to him after that, I thought. Then she found out he was an Arima and her justified hatred for his grandfather took over -- for a while, until Teppei's goodness and charm blunted it quite a bit. She has no notion that she is developing romantic feelings for him (which she probably is), but her attitude is at least a little bit positive now.

If Teppei has feelings for any of them -- at least feelings he recognizes -- I think it would be for Charlotte and Sylvie. It would make you feel some fellow-feeling for someone if you and they were betrothed, but you knew that you both felt fairly negative about the whole idea, in principle. And he and Sylvie share an interest in fencing/kendo, and bonded physically, in a way, with their duels. But Charlotte is heady stuff, about as feminine/female as a person gets. I can smell the pheromones from here, lol.

Anyway, I've probably missed something, but that's what I think I've seen so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 14:44   Link #1090
Pirate
~Lifenumb

argh! no one wants to sub this any more? ^^
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 20:06   Link #1091
Justin Kim
*Artist

The subs haven't come out yet? Or did the group just literally quit? Anyone know?
Old 2009-08-05, 21:19   Link #1092
Manic
real men love pink

not sure, but it was said gleam isnt close to finishing it yet. So might be a few days
Old 2009-08-05, 22:24   Link #1093
Justin Kim
*Artist

Let's see if Gleam doesn't come out then probably Hitode will? I know Aoshen stopped the subs.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:15   Link #1094
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Chihiro is still subbing it, just that their encoder is on vacation... but they're promising a double release later! (which would be eps 3 & 4).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:58   Link #1095
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Saber doesnt need to be the main attraction in two different anime.

Yes thats complete bias. And now that its mentioned, Charlette does remind me alot of the girl from Kanokon

This leaves Yuu and Seika, both of whom I like. Id like to see the girl who gets left out, Yuu, win the romance lottery for once.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:59   Link #1096
zato_1one

I prefer Silvia because I feel Charlotte is annoying. Even if Silvia hasn't done anything noticeable so far. But at least she isn't annoying me compare to Charlotte. It's nothing complex really. I actually prefer if Charlotte intents to steal Teppei from Silvia and all of her over playful doing are just pretending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
i fear that when things did get "smoothly", Teppei will go to Charlotte's side. "glup". Its like "Oh, I helped you two got along, you guys can forget me, but do remember this little poor Charlotte when things did go well for you guys".
I don't know why. But I lol very hard when reading this post.
Old 2009-08-06, 01:50   Link #1097
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
The subs haven't come out yet? Or did the group just literally quit? Anyone know?
Well, I hope ANBU sticks with this series. They're the ones I actually recognize—not to mention they have done good work in the past—hence why I would be using theirs for archiving.
Old 2009-08-06, 02:01   Link #1098
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I prefer Silvia because I feel Charlotte is annoying. Even if Silvia hasn't done anything noticeable so far. But at least she isn't annoying me compare to Charlotte. It's nothing complex really. I actually prefer if Charlotte intents to steal Teppei from Silvia and all of her over playful doing are just pretending.

I don't know why. But I lol very hard when reading this post.
Mmm more like as the show goes on the two see they are "fit" for each other more so than Sylvia. Plus their engagement was set up by their parents so if the break up is mutual, I'm sure everything would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, I hope ANBU sticks with this series. They're the ones I actually recognize—not to mention they have done good work in the past—hence why I would be using theirs for archiving.
Chihiro is good too.
Old 2009-08-06, 02:10   Link #1099
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Chihiro is good too.
If I wanted speed, I would choose their versions. However, I sometimes spot grammatical errors or oddly worded lines.

Probably just my luck though, since my exposure to their work is rather limited.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:40   Link #1100
speck123

Hitode is out, though AVI only, for the moment. I have my reservations with Hitode, as they have made some translation mistakes in this series.

Chihiro has said that this series is not high on their priority list, and will tend to release it later, which means that you can't count them as speed subbers in this case.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen