AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-20, 14:09   Link #41
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Well I'm applying real life standard here. We're 21 episode in and they only hold hands twice while they should have been at least on making out terms now.
Old Saying: "ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER"...the more you seperate, the more you yearn...the harder it is to obtain something, the more desperate one becomes...

I am ZEN FUDO...only for 1 sec LOL
Old 2012-05-20, 14:13   Link #42
pingva

Zessica's kiss was the best moment: it was love, a wish, a goodbye and a saving manoeuvre. She really is alive since she needs to fulfill Mykage's promise.
I have a feeling that Amata's dream was a mind rape sent by Mykage since even in the photo of Alicia and her son it's a boy with a flaxen hair and magenta eyes.
Old 2012-05-20, 14:19   Link #43
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
LOL Amata comes off as being very INNOCENT in a sense and well obviously he doesn't want to do that kind of stuff with Mikono forcefully LOL..and he was bombarded with half of Kagura looking like him and half of himself looking like Kagura (can Kawamori make it even more obvious)...and while bolder courtships get straight to the point quicker...slower and longer one's have a kind of savoring and sweet sense to it. It's like your getting to know the person more and your getting to know yourself and your feelings (while this may cause some repeating, misleading, angst, and boredom) I think it's better than having to fully rush into it and have it all done in a matter of short time and having to realize your not happy or in love with the person anymore lol...

I don't think having the thing going faster would have been a rush. Even for a nice guy courtship. The things have been dragged way too much.

And I'm not the only one thinking this way.

For the dream, in all seriousness. It's probably some sort of omen.
Old 2012-05-20, 14:20   Link #44
mixordia

Zessica not died, it would be too obvious... and don't think she'll die.

Kagura and Amata seem to be the same person, then we know what can happen... just put the pieces together, Mikono has the power to connect... so...
Old 2012-05-20, 14:30   Link #45
mayumi

I think Amata's dream was some sort of midfuck cause I think MIkono calls him/kagura "Apollo" cause Amata thinks Mikono is Silvia and she probably is. The reason Mikono might want to apologize is because her reincarnation always wants to meet up with Apollonius which usually results in end of world and death in the end. On the other hand while Zessica loves Amata she lets him go.

Also the whole fuck fate theme can be dumped in the trash can where it belongs cause Amata is part of Apollonius soul or whatever. Unless Amata can back his words up and choose Zessica over Mikono who is obvious reincarnation.
Old 2012-05-20, 14:32   Link #46
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Zessica's kiss was the best moment: it was love, a wish, a goodbye and a saving manoeuvre. She really is alive since she needs to fulfill Mykage's promise.
I have a feeling that Amata's dream was a mind rape sent by Mykage since even in the photo of Alicia and her son it's a boy with a flaxen hair and magenta eyes.
Yes it could be that Myakge is mind jumbling Amata since the picture did show AMATA and not a hint of Kagura. Which confuses me since because technically that photo would have had to be taken before Alicia left to Altair. So I'm guessing Amata and Kagura or rather AMATA himself was split when Alicia was leaving to Altair OR (the brother theory) Amata was actually born on Altair and therefore Alicia (out of some reason) left for Vega instead with Aquarion (or Aquarion came to save her)...then Izumo and Mykage took care of Amata, then when the curse happened on Altair, they found Alicia on Vega and then took Amata with them. They found her, persuaded her to go back (so she did), they realised she had another son (and since the other son looked more like Apollo or rather was more suited to his plans or easier to fool he took Kagura instead of Amata...maybe Amata wasn't there at the time...WHO KNOWS LOL) explaining how Kagura ended up on Altair...
Old 2012-05-20, 14:43   Link #47
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I think Amata's dream was some sort of midfuck cause I think MIkono calls him/kagura "Apollo" cause Amata thinks Mikono is Silvia and she probably is. The reason Mikono might want to apologize is because her reincarnation always wants to meet up with Apollonius which usually results in end of world and death in the end. On the other hand while Zessica loves Amata she lets him go.

Also the whole fuck fate theme can be dumped in the trash can where it belongs cause Amata is part of Apollonius soul or whatever. Unless Amata can back his words up and choose Zessica over Mikono who is obvious reincarnation.
I won't complain about their trashing the fuck fate thing. It was not appealing the way they did it.
Just a convenient excuse to continue dragging thing...

Wait until Zessica is revealed to be Sylvia 2nd half.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:23   Link #48
kuromitsu

SHRADE AND CAYENNE

THANK YOU! THANK YOU, WRITERS!! *cries tears of joy* ...they kissed off-screen. They totally did.

Did anything else happen?

Spoiler:

This episode was finally a step in the right direction. I just hope they'll keep it up...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-20 at 16:00.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:34   Link #49
mayumi

I can't be the only one to notice the blatant similarities between Mikono's and Alicia's design? I mean they are like Carbon copies kinda like Kagura and Amata. But that would be one hell of a Mommy's complex or a weird split of Silvia's soul into Mommy and Mikono.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:39   Link #50
kuromitsu

Quote:
I can't be the only one to notice the blatant similarities between Mikono's and Alicia's design? I mean they are like Carbon copies kinda like Kagura and Amata. But that would be one hell of a Mommy's complex or a weird split of Silvia's soul into Mommy and Mikono.
...we've been through this about a million times.

They don't look any more similar than the other female characters. The chara design for the girls is pretty uniform,, the only differences are the hair styles and in case of some characters, the eyes.

They're not supposed to be carbon copies either, apparently Alisia was relatively famous and yet no-one has commented on Mikono looking like her. Hell, Jin didn't notice any similarities, and he was the biggest Alisia otaku ever.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:39   Link #51
Zuul

Quote:
The girls look all the same to me. Their design is pretty generic.
So it's difficult to determine who looks like who.

But mommy complex could explain a lot of thing indeed. It's a bit creepy though.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:43   Link #52
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
But mommy complex could explain a lot of thing indeed. It's a bit creepy though.
Like why Kagura put Alisia posters all over Amata's room? XD
Old 2012-05-20, 15:43   Link #53
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler:
Wasn't it...
Spoiler:

The episode had some fine scenes, and I especially liked how the dream sequence played out... but some other stuff was very awkwardly handled. The ending scene in particular... I'm not sure whether it was supposed to hold much impact, but it made for a good laugh! I'm just no good when it comes to two characters saying the same thing in unison, leave alone in a dramatic moment...

Obviously, I'm willing to forgive anything from this episode though. I mean, it happened. With a lovely build-up to it from the very beginning of the episode, too!
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-20, 15:56   Link #54
miketyson

kuromitsu: I was about to post about that, then Katapan came first. I thought it was
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-20, 15:56   Link #55
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Wasn't it...
Spoiler:
That's what I heard, too, but I was like, no, it can't be that... XD;; if anything, it's Kaguama (It would be hilarious if eventually my second True End came true. Mikono, time to put those powers to good use!)

Quote:
The ending scene in particular... I'm not sure whether it was supposed to hold much impact, but it made for a good laugh! I'm just no good when it comes to two characters saying the same thing in unison, leave alone in a dramatic moment...
Off-topic, but those moments always get me. XD It's such a staple of anime/manga, and I can never take it seriously. (I don't like Bleach the anime, but one of the filler eps did a wonderful job lampshading this, with Ishida and Ichigo realizing how stupid it sounds. XD That was a great episode...)

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for shinyuu gattai:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: I was about to post about that, then Katapan came first. I thought it was
Spoiler:
Either version sounds so silly. ^^;; I hope it was just a product of Amata's imagination or something...
Old 2012-05-20, 16:24   Link #56
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
...we've been through this about a million times.

They don't look any more similar than the other female characters. The chara design for the girls is pretty uniform,, the only differences are the hair styles and in case of some characters, the eyes.

They're not supposed to be carbon copies either, apparently Alisia was relatively famous and yet no-one has commented on Mikono looking like her. Hell, Jin didn't notice any similarities, and he was the biggest Alisia otaku ever.
Well I think different and its my opinion. In the picture frame that Kagura throws to Amata in the end I think Alicia looks a lot similar to Mikono. But that is my opinion.
Old 2012-05-20, 16:32   Link #57
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Ceyannes forshadowing scene was pretty hot...and im not talking about the bromance with shrade although I do support the Theory that I will never accept a true Celiene/silvia reincarnation without there being a blond girl, I guess a blond guy will do just as good.

Spoiler for Forshadowing the next episodes:

I think it's pretty obvious they can't be brothers, there's only one kid in the picture. So they have to be essentially one person split into two. How this was caused ether by Mykage or the trauma of seeing his mother leaving I don't know. But since Kagura is mykage butt buddy I'm just going to support he caused it than took the "good piece" of the reincarnation of apollo and took him back to Altair with him.

I was thinking throughout the whole episode that if Touma could separate the side of Apollo that loved Celiene that he could have his happy bromance with Apollo. And mykage was maybe trying to do the same but not to be with Apollo, but too get ahold of the Legendary Aquarion and use it to destroy the world(s). Since both Kagura and Amata have strong feelings for Mikono.

Also I hope Zessica didn't die but I rather have her be dead than Mykage rescue her than use her to bait Amata or even worse!!! She turns into a guy like Mix...ohh just the thought makes me cringe!!!
Old 2012-05-20, 17:48   Link #58
magnuskn

Eeeugh, I hope Zessica is not dead. Like kuromitsu said above, it'd make her the ultimate woobie. And the character deserves a better fate.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:07   Link #59
miketyson

Quote:
Well I think different and its my opinion. In the picture frame that Kagura throws to Amata in the end I think Alicia looks a lot similar to Mikono. But that is my opinion.
I'm with you, but this is one of those "everyone has their side and no one changes sides" issues. I was on the fence before, but these new pictures of a younger Alisia seem like they make the resemblance a bit more pronounced. Then again, I can see kuromitsu's side, which is that a lot of the female characters have similar faces except for the coloring, so who knows.

With the way this show has worked so far, though, if that resemblance turns out to be a major plot point it'll be very not-subtle when it happens (e.g.: something big and obvious like how they showed the big, world-crossing revelation this week).
Old 2012-05-20, 18:14   Link #60
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I'm with you, but this is one of those "everyone has their side and no one changes sides" issues. I was on the fence before, but these new pictures of a younger Alisia seem like they make the resemblance a bit more pronounced. Then again, I can see kuromitsu's side, which is that a lot of the female characters have similar faces except for the coloring, so who knows.
It's not just the generic chara design, it's also the fact that no-one ever has even mentioned Mikono looking similar to Alisia. There would've been a million opportunities, starting from Amata who obviously knew his mom, has photos, that poster, etc, to people like Zessica who obviously knew Alisia (at least Zessica recognized her on Amata's photo as an actress), Kagura who must've seen Alisia at Altair (and yet he only ever commented on Mikono's scent), and let's not even mention the ultimate Alisia fan, Jin, who recognized Alisia out of her Sylphie costume, playing granny. If there was a similarity to the point that they're "carbon copies" then Jin, at the very least, should've noticed it. As it is, he didn't notice anything in particular.

There was the incident with the photo, and then later the movie. Nobody commented on Mikono looking like Alisia, not even once.

Of course it may still turn out that they look the same, but that would be seriously out of the blue, and would make the entire cast look like idiots for not noticing something so obvious.
Closed Thread