AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-25, 11:19   Link #241
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Man, you say failing yet you're the one that doesn't even understand the implications of what you said. I would pity you but that's a waste of my time. So I will just ignore you, at least that way you can at least believe you're right even if you're mistaken.
Weren't you the one who started railing on Auron in the first place? Kind of hypoctritical to suddenly say you'll be the one ignoring......

And I think we got the message that you hate this series somewhere around the 15th time you said it in this thread alone. Maybe you can cool it down a bit and not repeat "I hate this trainwreck" every five or so posts.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:21   Link #242
Auron Requies

Quote:
Man, you say failing yet you're the one that doesn't even understand the implications of what you said. I would pity you but that's a waste of my time. So I will just ignore you, at least that way you can at least believe you're right even if you're mistaken.
That's nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post

Well, Zessica did tell them to get a room...
I like how you posted this with a Zessica and Mikono avatar xD

And cheers to Shinji103.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:24   Link #243
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Weren't you the one who started railing on Auron in the first place? Kind of hypoctritical to suddenly say you'll be the one ignoring......

And I think we got the message that you hate this series somewhere around the 15th time you said it in this thread alone. Maybe you can cool it down a bit and not repeat "I hate this trainwreck" every five or so posts.
I merely pointed out the implications of his comparison with Evol to Code Geass. His comparison between the Beginning, Middle, and End was completely off base. Especially if he had watched Code Geass and Evol. Sure they started out with promise however Code Geass never dropped that promise while Evol dropped it fast in favor of other things while leaving the most important part hanging. So no, his little simple comparison is wrong and that's just with the beginning.

It isn't hypocritical, I pointed out the implications and he started hurling insults. So I dropped him since he lost all merit the moment he needed to use insults to try and justify his off-worldly comparison.

If you want I can say it in every post if you're gonna be like that.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:30   Link #244
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
I merely pointed out the implications of his comparison with Evol to Code Geass. His comparison between the Beginning, Middle, and End was completely off base. Especially if he had watched Code Geass and Evol. Sure they started out with promise however Code Geass never dropped that promise while Evol dropped it fast in favor of other things while leaving the most important part hanging. So no, his little simple comparison is wrong and that's just with the beginning.

It isn't hypocritical, I pointed out the implications and he started hurling insults. So I dropped him since he lost all merit the moment he needed to use insults to try and justify his off-worldly comparison.
For the record, when I read his post, I didn't see all these "implications" you find so disagreeable. And I saw you hurling insults at least as much.

Quote:
If you want I can say it in every post if you're gonna be like that.
Question: how old do you think this makes you sound? Because whenever I read this kind of line, I think "is this guy 10 years old?" Seriously, maybe you should consider taking a nap and cooling off. At this point you're sounding less like a reasonable viewer and more like a raging hater troll.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:33   Link #245
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
This is exactly how I feel about Evol as a whole as well, maybe minus the whole bigger picture part, since my whole overall bigger picture was that I enjoyed it nonetheless. Hell it was all in good fun, so besides lack of plot and consistency, I overall enjoyed it.
My enjoyment comes from plot and good characters too, given how badly the show failed in either respect and as fun as it may have been, its just bad on the whole.

When you resolve your ending by making two characters act like different characters... you done screwed up.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:34   Link #246
Destined_Fate

That was me being coy over his little outburst. Comparing something like this to Code Geass is unforgivable, especially when his comparison was way off base. It would be a disservice to let such bashing of Code Geass pass without at least informing him the implications of trying to compare the series together.

I'm legal if you're wondering, though I expect to be wined and dined first.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:37   Link #247
Destined_Fate

...Didn't you just post that or am I just seeing things?
Old 2012-06-25, 11:39   Link #248
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:

That was just his opinion on R2 and Evol. While both you and winged memories share the opinion that R2 had a good and fitting ending, however not everyone else have to share that opinion as well.
I think an opinion isn't neccesary good nor wrong if it's properly explained.
You explained why you didn't like Evol's ending (although in every post you made), then it's fine with me. But atleast try to accept that some people enjoyed it.

As for myself, it was a guilty pleasure. The serie was overal not that good and it had quite some troubles near the end, but atleast the ending wasn't entirely messed up for me (i have seen worse endings with unexpected turns or a random Deus ex Machina). Eventhough this last episode had many cliche moments and it tried to much to salvage what it had left, atleast it was enjoyable if you turn of your mind and don't think too much about every detail (like many other series that i consider a guilty pleasure)
Old 2012-06-25, 11:39   Link #249
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I still think they should have done an hour long episode, they would have had more time and it wouldn't have seemed as rushed. That aside, this was a good redeeming effort to make an entertaining final episode. The production values were there and I'm ending it at the positives.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:41   Link #250
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
...Didn't you just post that or am I just seeing things?
It's been posted once on this page, and twice on the previous page. I hope DRAGUN H.E.X. is okay.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:42   Link #251
Destined_Fate

Isn't there word on a Director's Cut? Perhaps the extra time can be used to try and make sense of the 180 shift for Kagura and Zessica as well as providing hope for her after the ending. Or even just her family(So she at least has that!) randomly showing up to ask her to return home since the fighting is over and Zessica showing kindness to Kagura and letting him tag along since he has nowhere to go at the end of Evol.

Speaking of elements... They're pretty much leave their family at a young age. Sure they can leave but from what Evol shows is that Family members never visited. I'm sure for security reasons but still, they're all just kids after all. Must be tough.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:43   Link #252
tootbrush

Location: In a better place. Like the beach. But NOT the moon.
Quote:
And there wont be another Aquarion. The main player has left the stage and no one is left to replace them
I hate to break it to you, but you're posting on the Aquarion EVOL forum. Clearly a minor technicality like that didn't stop Kawamori when he made EVOL and it won't stop him when he decides to make more Aquarion. You're trying to apply logic and common sense to a franchise where there is none.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:48   Link #253
mayumi

there is no need for a sequel. gawd please let there be none. i can't stand another asspull like the reason kagura changed is cause zessica was half silvia or something.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:48   Link #254
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post
I hate to break it to you, but you're posting on the Aquarion EVOL forum. Clearly a minor technicality like that didn't stop Kawamori when he made EVOL and it won't stop him when he decides to make more Aquarion. You're trying to apply logic and common sense to a franchise where there is none.
It isn't minor. Kawamori had no one after Touma and the only way to make Touma work was making Apollo not Apollonius which lead to the creation of Mykage aka Even Angrier Touma. He used Touma as the villan for Genesis, OVAs/Movie, and Evol. He can no longer use Touma unless they make Fudo go evil. So all in all he has nothing to pull back on for a new Aquarion that ties to the old ones anymore other than Amata and Mikono(And considering the ending there's no reason for them to return. They got their happiness even at the cost of others) unless they decide on a Kagura x Zessica sequel.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:49   Link #255
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
there is no need for a sequel. gawd please let there be none. i can't stand another asspull like the reason kagura changed is cause zessica was half silvia or something.
There was also no need for a sequel to the original series and look what we have got an half year ago.

So who knows
Old 2012-06-25, 11:55   Link #256
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
My enjoyment comes from plot and good characters too, given how badly the show failed in either respect and as fun as it may have been, its just bad on the whole.

When you resolve your ending by making two characters act like different characters... you done screwed up.
lol so bad its good feeling huh? I'll agree with that when it comes to this xD
Old 2012-06-25, 12:00   Link #257
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
If there is a sequel, the reincarnation of Shushu (a human girl) will be fought over by the reincarnation of Zessica (now a guy) and the reincarnation of Kagura (a guy). Meanwhile, Amata's reincarnation will be an old, bad ass dude with an eye-patch who talks mysteriously about donuts.

Zessica-Y will mistakenly believe that the human girl is Amata's reincarnation, when it's really ShuShu. Then in a big scene the two will get happily together, much to New!Kagura's shagrin... but it was a troll! Zessica comes back 12,000 years later looking like Zessikage, and she'll be out for revenge due to how ShuShu tricked her.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:02   Link #258
Destined_Fate

Eh, would sell better if they kept Zessica as a girl. Her boobs are very popular after all, would end up causing the same shock and outrage when Mix lost her big bangs. Which calmed down eventually since everyone knew she would get them back in the end. They can always play the Yuri angle too, have Zessica(Female) and Kagura(Male with roch hard abs still) fight over Shushu(Moe Female) while still showing interest, in a tsundere fashion, in each other. Would at least leaving fans guessing that there might be a tri-win ending.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:03   Link #259
bastek66

Only characters that could reincarnate are Shrade, Cayenne, Kagura, Zessica, Yunoha and Jin. Rest got happy ending.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:03   Link #260
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If there is a sequel, the reincarnation of Shushu (a human girl) will be fought over by the reincarnation of Zessica (now a guy) and the reincarnation of Kagura (a guy). Meanwhile, Amata's reincarnation will be an old, bad ass dude with an eye-patch who talks mysteriously about donuts.

Zessica-Y will mistakenly believe that the human girl is Amata's reincarnation, when it's really ShuShu. Then in a big scene the two will get happily together, much to New!Kagura's shagrin... but it was a troll! Zessica comes back 12,000 years later looking like Zessikage, and she'll be out for revenge due to how ShuShu tricked her.
I'd watch it. As long as the art style was pretty.
Closed Thread