Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 20:05   Link #62
Ness
Music Whore

Send a message via MSN to Ness
I have to say I like my pink dog, Courage the Cowardly Dog. That cartoon cracks me up everytime. And I like Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends (or something of the like). Samurai Jack is watchable, but it's not something I watch everyday.

And I mustn't forget the all mighty Powerpuff Girls! :D

Although, I don't watch that much TV. Actually, I pretty much don't watch it anymore since it has found its wife, the PS2. :D
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 23:40   Link #63
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
that's an anime
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 23:50   Link #64
SlugZilla
woofles

I used to watch Rocco's modern life religiously as a kid. Meatball fortune tellers, crazy killer giraffes, and giant talking goldfish? Doesn't get any better than that.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 01:04   Link #65
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
that's an anime
It will be now, with the Japanese putting out Powerpuff Girls Z. It wasn't before.

I just found out a friend of mine is hooked on Avatar. I checked out the first couple of episodes and it seemed pretty good, actually.

Put me down for another vote of the Simpsons.

Family Guy is one of those shows that is just so over the top that they probably couldn't pull off a serious episode if their life depended on it.

Any Darkwing Duck fans in here?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:33   Link #66
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Cartoons that i like:
-> Avatar: The Last Airbender
-> Fairyodd Parents
-> Spongebob Squarepants
-> Family Guy
-> Courage: The Cowardly Dog
Ditto on that. Cyz, me and you are so alike.

Though you forgot Dexter's Lab.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 14:11   Link #67
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
I used to watch Rocco's modern life religiously as a kid. Meatball fortune tellers, crazy killer giraffes, and giant talking goldfish? Doesn't get any better than that.
Seconded. It's a shame they haven't released that on DVD yet.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:11   Link #68
HoboGod
Necromancer

My favorite cartoon in terms of hit/miss ratio would be The Critic. Jon Lovits was hularious in that show and it's brand of satire was always both insightful and comical. In all it's 23 episodes, there isn't one that I didn't love.

In terms of rewatchability, my favorite cartoon is The Simpsons. When in it's prime, The Simpsons had the best writers of ANY situation comedy in history of television. They were able to create compelling and brilliant situations that challenged every cliche of modern society.

And in terms of what's good today, my favorites cartoons are South Park, Moral Oral, and The Boondocks. Each of them use the most creative forms of satire, irony, and poetic storytelling on televison today (or at least on basic cable.)
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:38   Link #69
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

loony toons is still among the best ever.
Old 2006-04-16, 03:03   Link #70
Deo Death

Send a message via AIM to Deo Death Send a message via Yahoo to Deo Death
Invader Zim FTW.
Deo Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:33   Link #71
real folk blues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
loony toons is still among the best ever.
i second this..
is teen titan considered an anime? it's the only one i'm keeping up with right now. up until it ended of course
other than that, back when i was a kid.. captain planet was cool- my favourite episode was the one when the fire guy went back to the past and decided he didn't want to be a part of it..so were the swat kats- it was perhaps the only show where the fat character was the cooler one. i always looked forward to batman the animated series, it was great..i mean, it was a cartoon for kids, but it wasn't in any way..kiddy
i'd say the first cartoon i ever enjoyed was mask (not the green one, that was lame), transforming cars are always cool..and of course.. GI Joe =D
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:56   Link #72
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
definitly Pirates of Dark Water and The simpsons
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 12:00   Link #73
scratchvinyl
freelancer

im with the oldies, Pirates of Darkwater (noijitat!), Mask , and EXO-SQUAD ("good bye, J.T. Marsh.. ") oh man.. memories of the 80's..
scratchvinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 13:29   Link #74
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Oh yea Pirates of Dark Water was awesome . I even had the video game. Nostalgia ftw.

Thundercats (is that anime?).

Oh and I'm a fan of the oldies like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 16:21   Link #75
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
I love most of the Disney and Nick stuff. My favorites are The Treasure Planet, Fairlyodd Parents Spongebob, Invader Zim, Biker Mice from Mars and and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Hell yes!
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 16:53   Link #76
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I don't watch cartoons anymore, but before.....

Batman-early 90's one
Spiderman-early 90's one
Simpsons
Hulk-early 90's one
wacky racers
yogi bear
Tom and Jerry
Scooby doo
X-men-early 90's one

There were more.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 21:57   Link #77
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

C'mon, where are all the Ren and Stimpy fans?! I used to love that show as a kid. It still ranks up there along with Family Guy and South Park in my book.
Old 2006-04-16, 22:34   Link #78
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I remembered this hilarious cartoon called "My Fairy Godparents" while flipping though channels. That was pretty good.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 22:55   Link #79
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Megas XLR

For its rampant anime parodies and homages.... Like Evil Coops Sazabi-esque Mech and his legions of Zaku-like Mechs, or the captain harlock parody, or any of the hundred thousand other hillarities.

Coop is the god of Mecha pilots, and could even obliterate Jesus Kira Yamato.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 00:13   Link #80
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
Hellz Yah...That was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid...It was so odd and abstract compared to most...I used to love the theme song too...That was such an underrated cartoon....Ren and Stimpy and DangerMouse too...

I loved cartoons so much it's almost impossible for me to just pick one as the greatest...But I can remember that when I came from school I used to love watching USA networks Cartoon Express with TMNT, Huckleberry hound, Snaglepuss, Hong kong Phuey and all the rest...But my favorite cartoons used to be hybrid-animes (US-Japanese collabs) like Transformers, G.I. JOE, Silverhawks, G.E.M., Thundercats (Thank Toonami for bringing that show back to me it really got me back into cartoons)....And I can't forget He-man and the Masters of the Universe which I was merely a servant to it's greatness...

As I got a little older and started to care more about girls and football I stopped watching Cartoons like I used to, but I would always watch episodes of 90's Batman the animated series (Which is perhaps one of the greatest modern cartoons ever),Spiderman, and X-men because at that time they seemed more adult...I also loved those adult cartoons like Heavy Metal (which I bought on VHS at a thrift store recently^^) and Fritz the Cat....

The best old school cartoon of all time has to be Johnney Quest...That show was so far ahead of it's time and most of the animation totally stands the test of time...The level of adventure was so dope...The background drawings, portrait-esque scenery and futuristic concepts were really dope considering this is some early 60's cartoon...Before Hanna & Barabara SOLD THEIR SOULS to make 5,000 crappy animated shows (even ones I liked like Daredevil and Butch CassidyXD) they proved with Quest they were truley great once..."Sim, sim, Zalla bin..." (Haji says something like that )

There are some even lesser known cartoons that were great anyone remember:
Tigersharks, The Littles, EXO-Squad, New Adventures of Peter Pan, and GALAXY HIGH (Used to love that show it was like the last cartoon that came on Saturday Mornings on CBS right before CBS storybook; after G-high was over that was it for a great Saturday Morning)...Tell me sombody remembers how dope Galaxy High was?

Well in short I was and am a toonaphile...Don't tell anyone because that's morally wrong XD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage

God yes...look at my username...Even more than Darkwing I used to love DUCKTALES...weekdays it was the last cartoon before the news came on, I used to love that show so much too....Uncle Scrooge and his money bin, Gizmoduck...Damn I used to watch alot of cartoons(Jesus)...Now I've graduated to what I hear they call "anime"...

That's what it's called right?