Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-12, 22:47   Link #41
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Cause I haven't seen Da Capo, and I am wondering whether I should follow this or not.

its neither good nor bad.

If you liked Da Capo, you'll probably like this. (just like the negima remake, sometimes its fun to watch a new twist on an old theme)

so far the anime is very sweet, and I intend to follow it. (I'm following like 30 series now?)

Anyway, the main thing about Da Capo was
Spoiler for massive dacapo spoiler:

If I were a betting person, I would bet for a similar ending to this series.

This show is even easier to predict for two reasons though:

Spoiler for ep2:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 13:06   Link #42
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
its neither good nor bad.

If you liked Da Capo, you'll probably like this. (just like the negima remake, sometimes its fun to watch a new twist on an old theme)

so far the anime is very sweet, and I intend to follow it. (I'm following like 30 series now?)

Anyway, the main thing about Da Capo was
Spoiler for massive dacapo spoiler:

If I were a betting person, I would bet for a similar ending to this series.

This show is even easier to predict for two reasons though:

Spoiler for ep2:
DC overall was totally boring, but I really liked the artwork though. I'll just get this to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Gift short story synopsis

While DC and Gift are similar on the outside, once you get deeper into the storyline, it really diverges into something much different and dare I say better than D.C...?

Remember that this comment is from a big fan of the D.C. series!! Gift is a great game in itself (top ten on my list for 05) and has the potential to be a pretty big hit, especially since MFI is backing it's production.

(´・ω・`) Nyoro~o... don't judge a book by it's cover!
It's DC all over again, hahaha ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 00:10   Link #43
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Originally in the game, Haruhiko and friends already knew Riko was coming back. In fact, Haruhiko was suppose to pick her up from the station. It's really sad that they decided to cut that out in the anime since it was one of the funniest and heartwarming reunions I've seen in game.

Overall, I liked episode two better than the first. Why? Because there's more Haruhiko humor bundled in~ Also Raleigh-sensei speech on adolescence gave me a pretty good chuckle~ ゚∀゚)

Spoiler for Episode 2 highlights:

Looks like the next episode will focus again on Riko and her first love... now who might that be? *hint hint*
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 08:22   Link #44
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Ahhh.. just watched it. Dissappointing... to say at the least. Started much like DC, the plot line is pretty much among the same line too. IMO.

ps: Supposeably the main girl is suppost to be the greatest beauty in the anime, correct? She has a strange hairstlye, though. It sort of gives her a scary apperarance, non attaractive.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2006-10-16 at 08:22. Reason: feelings from above
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 10:54   Link #45
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Riko looks fine for me though, but I really like the way they potray Haruhiko in the anime, much more funnier than your typical harem anime male lead.

I'm not a game player, so I might be wrong.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 11:18   Link #46
martino
makes no files now

This looks just like DC to me...

Anway, you might want to move this thread to fansubs...
Old 2006-10-17, 07:51   Link #47
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Thanks to 4chan, I find this find incredibly funny.

Can you spot Mr mask boy him self?

Its seems mr underwater ray romano went to this school in his younger years.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 09:45   Link #48
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Yeah, that is a very funny pic, although you would miss him if you're not careful, in the first pic.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 13:30   Link #49
martino
makes no files now

Who is he???

*confused*
Old 2006-10-17, 13:39   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Hahaha - that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Who is he???

*confused*
Hakuoro from Utawarerumono - OLM Team Iwasa's previous anime project.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:28   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well now I've noticed its Media Factory doing all of these shows. Now I know my mortal foe and its not Dr. Demento or Sideshow Bob. By the way are they at all related to M.O.E.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 18:57   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

As a few people have already mentioned, this show is just Da Capo: Second Season all over, right down to the music done by the all mighty Hikaru Nanase (Yes, same composer for the two Da Capo shows.. the first episode also gives of a few Lamune feelings, though not at 100%.

Anyway, the first episode was a very nice watch. I've always been interested in the game.. and shall hopefully get around to playing it sometime, but until then this series shall have to do. As for Hakuoro.. Haha, i so didn't click onto that when watching the first episode - hope we get more like this in the up-coming episodes. :3
Old 2006-10-17, 22:33   Link #53
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Post removed by me for its propensity to be seen as flame bait.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-10-18 at 13:14.
Old 2006-10-17, 22:40   Link #54
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Ladies and Gentleman, Media Factory, the Toei Douga of Inaction series.
Umm... what are you talking about, Kaioshin_Sama? That makes absolutely no sense... For the record: Media Factory - a Japanese media publisher (not an animation studio), with a fairly varied anime portfolio (including comedy, action, drama, romance, whatever). I realize you like trolling shows you don't like, but it just doesn't work if it's entirely random and illogical.
Old 2006-10-17, 22:55   Link #55
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Media Factory also published (I have no idea what you have against the publisher, most people pick on the studio) School Rumble, KGNE, Gankutsuou, Genshiken, Rahxephon, Area 88, Burst Angel, Kamisama Kazoku, Kurau: Phantom Memory, Sousei no Aquarian, Twin Spica (yes, the shoujo show about a girl who wants to be an astronaut), and Vandread (among dozens of others) .... are you saying you dislike all of those shows as well?

EDIT: I just realized Media Factory didn't have anything to do with Lamune or Da Capo either - so now I'm really unsure what your point is.
Old 2006-10-18, 07:27   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah.. whatever you say. :3
Old 2006-10-18, 07:37   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666 View Post
Media Factory also published (I have no idea what you have against the publisher, most people pick on the studio) School Rumble, KGNE, Gankutsuou, Genshiken, Rahxephon, Area 88, Burst Angel, Kamisama Kazoku, Kurau: Phantom Memory, Sousei no Aquarian, Twin Spica (yes, the shoujo show about a girl who wants to be an astronaut), and Vandread (among dozens of others) .... are you saying you dislike all of those shows as well?

EDIT: I just realized Media Factory didn't have anything to do with Lamune or Da Capo either - so now I'm really unsure what your point is.
Oh my god, I'm kind of embarassed. I didn't notice they were the Publisher. Fine they um, have poor taste in what they publish for the most part as of late....? Can I chalk this one up to extreme fatigue from assignment crunching, I knew somewere in the back of mind my they were a publisher but chose to ignore the glaringly obvious when make the post for some reason. Anyway, ignore the Toei Douga corralation post. Or if you want to, continue to sock it to me, because I deserve it this time.

But I do want to sound off on one thing. Out of that I can still only pick Rahxephon (BONES) and Area 88 (1985 more so than 2004) as ones I like. The mere mention of Sousei No Aquarian make me cringe as I see that as the ultimate low point in Mecha anime, but its not Media Factories fault really.

Alright, got to run before Xris catches up and slaps down a warning or something for perpetual off-topicness.
Old 2006-10-18, 09:03   Link #58
rooboy
Umeboshi!

That's a shame - Gankutsuou is actually the best of those titles. Though it only has mechs for one brief moment of one episode - and it's the worst part of the whole series.

Yes, Gift also gave me a strong Da Capo vibe, but it's only the first episode - give it time.
Old 2006-10-19, 04:40   Link #59
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666 View Post
Yes, Gift also gave me a strong Da Capo vibe, but it's only the first episode - give it time.

I dont think he even cares if it did turned out different.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 20:26   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Whoa!!!
Spoiler for Episode 3 (MEGA SPOILER):
If you're only going to have 13 episodes, I guess this is one way to make use of them. Crazy!

Edit: Oh yeah, that was the other thing. I'm sorry, but that orange/brown two-piece combo that Riko wore was just plain ugly. And I wasn't a big fan of the black outfit either. Or maybe it's just me...

Edit 2: More thoughts after sleeping on it, since there's no sense in bumping the thread if I'm the only one watching the raws.
Spoiler:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-10-20 at 12:34.

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, moonstone, olm, romance, supernatural