AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-17, 02:48   Link #21
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Not only that, but she also forces Takayuki to either reject her or reject Haruka. It really was a brilliant move by Mitsuki. Now Takayuki is forced to decide between them on the spot. Of course, judging by what I've seen, he won't be able to and things will just get a lot worse...
Yup, the series will get more and more dramatic and complicated, things wont clear up until the very last episode
Old 2003-11-17, 03:03   Link #22
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

This series is helping me to re-discover the luxuries of being single
Old 2003-11-17, 03:14   Link #23
GUTB_

Oh, I don't think Mitsuki has reached for ther ace card yet. What if she forgets to take her birth control? She'll pull that one out when she's truly desperate.

But right now, I think, she forcefully moved in because she KNOWS he won't say no. But it wasn't a move born out of careful consideration of all the pros and cons, but rather an impulsive discision she made out of a gaping weakness in her heart. Moreover, she will now be intimately invloved in everything he does outside of work. There's a good chance that she'll join him in the next hospital visit.
Old 2003-11-17, 04:24   Link #24
Mentar
Banned

I think GUTB_ is right on the money here. She's sensing that Takayuki is wavering (remember the "It's wrong" to Akane's accusation of not having feelings for Haruka anymore) and Takayuki is completely failing to comfort or reassure her, even if he tries to talk himself into that he loves her and that it's daijobu.

That's the thing - remember the awkward scene in which Takayuki told Mitsuki that he loved her? Saying nothing, lifting the glass to drink a bit, drinking, setting down the glass, saying nothing, and THEN saying it? Not very impressive or assuring - Mitsuki was about as surprised as the viewers I guess

With her insecurities about his feelings Mitsuki feels that Takayuki is slipping away. And by moving in, she's decided to hold on as strongly as she could.

Keitaro: How old are you? I kinda doubt the 20
Old 2003-11-17, 04:38   Link #25
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Keitaro: How old are you? I kinda doubt the 20
uh.. the 20 in my screen name has to do with Keitarou's age in Love Hina.

Age has nothing to do with posting your own personal opinions on these boards, by the way im not 20. Im a little older then that. I apologize if I offended anyone with my comments, I can be rather blunt and crude with my opinions.
Old 2003-11-17, 06:22   Link #26
Mentar
Banned

Keitarou: Sorry if I was a bit rude myself, but I'd offer a suggestion: How about we all refrain from calling the respective "opponent" in the affection battle for Takayuki (ugh!) names?

One of the big strengths of KimiNozo is that there's a very strong identification of the viewers with the characters. So if you insult character A, it will certainly insult several people. So far, Mitsuki has been taking most of the flak, but I feel that once Haruka enters the battlefield (she isn't yet, since she isn't even aware), things will change for her, too.

All characters feel incredibly HUMAN to me. I feel that in the end there are gonna be no saints and no demons either. "Shit happens" struck (I love this term, whoever came up with it deserves a medal), and now several people struggle hard to deal with it in their lives. None of them deserve any spiteful hate yet

I think this kind of convention would make these boards and threads much more productive and less annoying.
Old 2003-11-17, 06:32   Link #27
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Keitarou: Sorry if I was a bit rude myself, but I'd offer a suggestion: How about we all refrain from calling the respective "opponent" in the affection battle for Takayuki (ugh!) names?

One of the big strengths of KimiNozo is that there's a very strong identification of the viewers with the characters. So if you insult character A, it will certainly insult several people. So far, Mitsuki has been taking most of the flak, but I feel that once Haruka enters the battlefield (she isn't yet, since she isn't even aware), things will change for her, too.

All characters feel incredibly HUMAN to me. I feel that in the end there are gonna be no saints and no demons either. "Shit happens" struck (I love this term, whoever came up with it deserves a medal), and now several people struggle hard to deal with it in their lives. None of them deserve any spiteful hate yet

I think this kind of convention would make these boards and threads much more productive and less annoying.
np you didn't have to apologize I'm the one a fault. Its just for some reason this series really pisses me off, especially on how Takayuki and Mitsuki is acting. This is what makes this series so good I've never been this angry at anime characters in my life until now. lol I have to learn to control myself when posting here in the future. Again sorry if I caused any problems.
Old 2003-11-17, 08:12   Link #28
tmm`
Soon To Be A Taka Hater

In my opinion this episode shows Takayuki in the worst light possible. Up until this episode I was on Taka's side. I though the poor guy has suffered a lot and was justified to act like a zombie for a year. But now, after this episode I'm seriously starting to change my opinion about him. He's playing with the 2 girls which is really uncool. He's gonna hurt one of them(at least ) in the end yet he refuse to make up his mind on who he's going to choose. I agree that I wouldn't want to be in his shoes yet on a serious matter like that he must be strong and make up his mind.
What bothers me about him is that he's not true to himself. You can see for sure that he refuse to tell himself(thus refuse to tell us) his real call. He's trying to tell himself he likes Mitsuki better yet I doubt he really mean it. I'm still not saying that he's a worthless bum/wimp/sl*t or whatever some of the guys here called him, yet I really hoped that he was going to get a hold of himself.

Don't you think that drunk Mitsuki is a bit moody? From my experiance with drunk people, drinking brings up to the surface the deepest feelings. Certain people know how to keep them inside(happy drunks) while others don't(sad drunks?), but one thing is certain - drunk people don't lie. This is the first time we actually had a chance to see why Mitsuki was so down ever since Haruka woken up. For the last 3-4 episodes, whenever you've seen Mitsuki thinking this is what went through her head which is quite a scary thought. And to make things worse, when she asked Taka wether he likes Haruka or not he didn't have the guts to give her a straight answer. I'd hate to be in Mituski's shoes now, but she seems to be fighting with all she got for him. If I was her I'd say f*ck it and move on to a better guy but for some reason beyond my understanding she actually likes him. Wether her attempts will get him back to her or not remains a mystery in my opinion, so all I have left to do is cheer for her .

This episode was a really good one even though it was lacking some of the angst to make it great. Things are getting complicated and I doubt we'll see all the pro Haruka fans bitch that "Taka is gonna end up with Mitskui and it's so obvious!!" as they did in the ep 6 thread.

By the way, I really expected more from Akane then to run whenever she sees Takayuki. I must admit though that she is the only one in this series who sees Taka's true character.
Old 2003-11-17, 08:20   Link #29
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I like your avatar tmm, the Akane death glare rocks.
Old 2003-11-17, 09:06   Link #30
Mentar
Banned

tmm: I agree, this episode showed Takayuki in the worst light yet. In the past he had the excuse to be totally out of it and only slowly recovering, but now he's definitely screwing up bigtime.

I'd put special emphasis on his obsession with "It's okay". The thing is: As far as I see it, he's trying to convince HIMSELF that "it's okay", not Mitsuki. He called her up at work not in order to really comfort _her_, but to get her confirmation that "it's okay" - some weird form of absolution. He didn't wait for HER to say that it's okay, he's deciding this on his own and only want her to "confirm" it. Mitsuki on the other hand is not okay at all, so she can't really give this confirmation. At the same time she's trying to get Takayuki's reassurance and confirmation of his commitment to her, which he TOTALLY fails to deliver (cardinal sin in a relationship. Inexcusable). None of the two get what they need from the other one - very sad, very ugly.

Things get particularly nasty since it's obvious to the viewer (and only him!) that Takayuki DOES care for Mitsuki. He also has feelings for Haruka, so he's caught in the middle again. However, instead of being honest about it and talking honestly with his current partner on how to deal with it (as I would do in his shoes, even if it rips me apart), he's messing around like this. Ugh.

Akane is softening up a bit again. A development which I like, because she might be the most tragic character in the drama yet. I hope that the past didn't turn her too bitter, because she might have been the one suffering the most. I'd love her to find a way to become the Akane from episode 2 again, but ... alas.
Old 2003-11-17, 09:52   Link #31
Diedrupo

I think it's awesome that people are getting really emotional over the series (whether they are getting pissed off at certain characters, or just watching in utter fascination at the way the shit is starting to hit the fan). So in my book, it's perfectly OK to hate someone in the series, because that's an example of an awesome anime (a crappy anime would be one in which you didn't care at all about any of the characters).
Old 2003-11-17, 10:12   Link #32
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
I think it's awesome that people are getting really emotional over the series (whether they are getting pissed off at certain characters, or just watching in utter fascination at the way the shit is starting to hit the fan). So in my book, it's perfectly OK to hate someone in the series, because that's an example of an awesome anime (a crappy anime would be one in which you didn't care at all about any of the characters).
I couldn't say that any better, your absoutely correct.

Well actually I dont hate the characters I just hate what they are doing. I guess your've seen some of my latest posts here lol. This is the first time I actually got really emotional over an anime series an I've been watching anime for over ten years. This is the best anime series of the year I think, and maybe for some time.
Old 2003-11-17, 10:26   Link #33
bluemist
i am the mist

For one, I've never seen so much complicated discussion since Evangelion. And to think that the subject of discussion is not about dark secrets and mysteries... it's about love.

I'm very amused with all that you people are writing here. I'm sad I can't join in your discussions since I'm way behind with this anime (give me my eps you stupid ISP), but I'm enjoying your points of view as much as I'm enjoying watching the anime.

And I should add, Akane's death glares are now classic stuff!
Old 2003-11-17, 11:01   Link #34
dot_rain
yay yay ^^

Could you people plz try to stand in Mitsumi's side once and you will see , she did nothing wrong , she also loves Takayaki much as Hakura . She just want to live with the one she loves , is that wrong ? no , it is not . She is also a victim .
Old 2003-11-17, 11:41   Link #35
IPv6
blastos.com

I hope there's a good ending for both Mitsuki and Hakura.

I really feel bad for Mitsuki since her swimming career went out the window since the accident and how Akane is accomplishing what Mitsuki should of accomplished.

As people had mention, we haven't seen the Hakura reaction yet because she is still in the hospital. But for now, I hope all goes well for Mitsuki.
Old 2003-11-17, 11:57   Link #36
Tboz

Takayuki is just too soft and undecisive, and I don't think he is not being true to himself, he looks like he doesn't even know himself.

It doesn't look good for Mitsuki now, and her decision to move in may even do her more harm than good. Its never good to rush people into decisions. She is just building up more frustrations inside herself and what if Takuyaki make empty promises again, his indecision always result in that. Mitsuki wants a quick face to face with Haruka? I'm not sure if Takuyaki will let her do that tho, in the end she's probably gonna get hurt again.

Drunk man tells no lie, for once, we see Mitsuki's real take on the situation and I think its sure to invite more criticism to her self-fishness. I really hope to see Haruka's reaction to this soon, her reply will probably be the real test to her character. Is she determined to keep her man and disregard old friendships? Will she waver under Haruka's reaction? Is she really heartless?

Hmmm...
Old 2003-11-17, 12:14   Link #37
Shift_

Takayuki = bastard, he should die, and give us all a happy ending.
Old 2003-11-17, 12:22   Link #38
musouka

Takayuki's worst crime in this episode? Being too lazy to use the goddamn STAIRS.

"Oh, no! Mitsuki ran out of here crying! I better chase after her! Oh man, she took the elevator? Screw that, ain't worth it...I might actually lose my breath. I think I'll just watch her morosely from up here..."
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2003-11-17, 12:48   Link #39
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Takayuki's worst crime in this episode? Being too lazy to use the goddamn STAIRS.

"Oh, no! Mitsuki ran out of here crying! I better chase after her! Oh man, she took the elevator? Screw that, ain't worth it...I might actually lose my breath. I think I'll just watch her morosely from up here..."
OMG that's the same thing I thought, I was like shouting "go get her you idiot!" at the TV. He shouldn't have let her be by herself that night. Letting all of her emotions simmer into a break down of her character.
Old 2003-11-17, 13:04   Link #40
Breogan
Umeboshi

They sure made Takayuki like an ass in this episode.
I was wondering when Mitsuki would explode from all the angst that she had been holding in from the last episodes... the fight scene where she throws the magazines at him is great.
I think she should have ignored him a bit more and make him suffer, instead of just moving into his house the next day.

Can't wait to see what happens the next episode. I'm wondering if the manager visiting Takayuki's work means something... is he going to get a promotion, or maybe get fired, since he was offered a full time job in the latest episodes but he rejected it.

P.S.- This episode probably had one of the funniest ending side stories lol
Closed Thread