AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-21, 00:23   Link #3841
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There was no such scene in the series or the movie. The only kind of scene like that was in the movie manga.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:12   Link #3842
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Considering the MVOIE 1st apparently exist in the main continuity and that Yuuno never faces any kind of "permission" consequences with the TSAB i guess at least we can give some credit to that scene in the MOVIE 1st manga, it's a good explanation as also that flashback with little Nanoha and her family suffering during Shiro's accident.

Here's a question, did somebody know the name of a doujin game(or fake game trailer i don't know) featuring Subaru and the Numbers as playable character in a Megaman Legends-like adventure/exploring game?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-22, 14:30   Link #3843
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Considering the MVOIE 1st apparently exist in the main continuity and that Yuuno never faces any kind of "permission" consequences with the TSAB i guess at least we can give some credit to that scene in the MOVIE 1st manga, it's a good explanation
This might require retconning the scene where Nanoha and Yuuno first explain the situation to Lindy and Chrono in the original TV series. The Arthra clearly didn't expect Yuuno to be there at all, let alone acknowledge he had permission. This on TOP of revealing and even TEACHING magic to a native, and handing over a powerful Intelligent Device.

Even in the movie/movie-manga continuity, he breaks the laws regarding Nanoha, and Chrono even points out that he should be arrested for that.

Yet he's not arrested, charged or put on his own trial. Unless he WAS, and everyone kept it quiet from Fate and Nanoha. (Which I don't see Chrono agreeing to, but Yuuno DID seem to be hiding something in the TV-manga continuity when Fate thanked him for leaving Nanoha to help with her trial. Like, "Haha, yeah I'm not telling you that part of the reason I came was to get put on trial MYSELF.")

Of course, they might have swept his crimes under the rug because they were nice, and because they needed a good character witness for Fate.

Though Yuuno's testimonies and reports of the incident should have raised questions about what he was doing on Earth to begin with, and probably could not avoid mentioning Nanoha, the native he broke all sorts of laws regarding.

Yuuno should have been made a probationary cadet like Fate as community service.
Old 2011-12-22, 15:02   Link #3844
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Here's a question, did somebody know the name of a doujin game(or fake game trailer i don't know) featuring Subaru and the Numbers as playable character in a Megaman Legends-like adventure/exploring game?
Finally got lucky and find the answer by myself.

The name is "Mechanization Girl Nakajima Subaru NumberS" (機人少女ナカジマスバルNumberS) for those interested xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-31, 13:11   Link #3845
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I can also understand the logic that it might be a bit different. Everyone is different, and we all adapt to things differently. Even the very air we breathe. Human beings live at various elevations in the world, and if you were to move from a low elevation to a high elevation, you would have a bit of trouble breathing. Everyone else there is fine, because they've adapted after living there so long.

This could partially explain why Nanoha was able to beat Fate (Fate wasn't quite used to the different mana on earth yet). But no mention is made of it. So it is simultaneously a logical explanation, and a poor explanation. And I can very much imagine the reason why it is solely imposed on Yuuno.
The Wolkenritter is also justified in that regard by the fact that they already fought in a plethora of different planets/dimensions and thus probably be much more adaptable to the changes in atmosphere/mana usage of different worlds.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-31, 21:21   Link #3846
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The mana discussion has been moved to the franchise general discussion thread.
Old 2012-01-09, 07:20   Link #3847
Meltyred

Is there some kind of conspiracy that male mages are always the random foot soldiers or something?
And that said mages always seem to be horrible. (cept for vice, he was awesome, for a few seconds.)
I don't think we have seen a male in the tournament of the Vivid manga also right?
Old 2012-01-09, 07:33   Link #3848
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Is there some kind of conspiracy that male mages are always the random foot soldiers or something?
And that said mages always seem to be horrible. (cept for vice, he was awesome, for a few seconds.)
I don't think we have seen a male in the tournament of the Vivid manga also right?
Other than the fact that most named characters are female, no, there isn't.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-01-09, 07:48   Link #3849
Meltyred

Actually I seem to think males have a lower mana output ?
Other than Artificial mages, who most likely had been made to have a higher mana output, the only actual comparison was in the 1st series, where Amy noted that Fate and Nanoha both had higher mana output compared to Chrono. (Something to note that Chrono was older than both of them.)
Could this possibly explain the reason why most of the named Mages/Knights that fight are females?
Old 2012-01-09, 07:58   Link #3850
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Of all the characters up through StrikerS, only Yuuno, Chrono, Nanoha, Teana, Caro are completely natural in their own power.

Wolkenritter, Fate, Subaru, Ginga, the Numbers, Erio - Artificial beings
Hayate - was given a rather powerful artifact and all of Reinforce's magic, so she got a lot in one shot without learning how to control it properly
Lutecia - body was modified, IIRC.

I believe Zest was always S rank when he was alive, and was still S rank when he was brought back, so, he's a bit of a weird case.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-01-09, 08:34   Link #3851
Skane
Anime Snark

And then there's Graham (and two of the Three Admirals).

Cheers.
Old 2012-01-09, 11:04   Link #3852
Sunder the Gold

Don't forget Klaus Ingvalt, whom rivaled Olivie. History cannot tell if one was stronger than the other.
Old 2012-01-09, 13:20   Link #3853
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I believe Zest was always S rank when he was alive, and was still S rank when he was brought back, so, he's a bit of a weird case.
Considering Jail referred to Cinque as "the cyborg who killed an S-rank mage" i think you're correct on your assumption xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-09, 14:02   Link #3854
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Zest was Over-S, meaning S+, presumably, same level as Nanoha and Fate.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:13   Link #3855
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Does anyone know what the difference between a Device's Full Drive and a Device's Limit Break is? I've seen both terms thrown around, and they seem to be referring to different things.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:39   Link #3856
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mllhild View Post
There is still the question if they(the familiar) can actually store mana or are directly connected to the mages mana pool taking there mana constantly from them.
Also the question point I don't understand quite is how do familiars aquire not only a human mind but also a own personality and extensive knowledge. For example Lilith did know a hole lot about magic while being originally a cat.
So if they get their mind from their master then it could also get lost with their master death.
I know I'm very late to respond to this but once again because we have nothing to go on in canon we can only theorize.

Now remember during A's when the Wolkenritter's were draining linker cores from wild animals? We'll whats to say that not all creatures have linker cores or can be given one of their own to store mana.

As for Lilith remember her master was a very powerful mage so it's only natural to assume that that kind of power and knowledge can be passed on form master to familiar because the master has it as his or her disposal.
Old 2012-01-10, 01:31   Link #3857
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Does anyone know what the difference between a Device's Full Drive and a Device's Limit Break is? I've seen both terms thrown around, and they seem to be referring to different things.
I am not aware of any canon usage of the term "Limit Break" in the Nanohaverse. Maybe I missed something... "Full Drive" refers to the Device going into overdrive, processing as much mana at once as it physically can. Since it depletes the wielder's mana way too quickly, it is not practical to sustain for any long time (unless you are Reinforce Eins).

"Limit Break" usually refers to a special powerful attack or move that can only be triggered after some condition is met. Starlight Breaker would be such an attack (can only be cast once enough mana is dispersed in the environment) but I have never heard anyone referring to it as Nanoha's LB.
Old 2012-01-10, 01:33   Link #3858
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ I think i've readed somewhere that Destruction form is Garf Eisen's Limit Break.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 02:09   Link #3859
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The term Limit Break was used in StrikerS. Graf Eisen's Destruction Form was Vita's, Riot Blade + Shin Sonic Form was Fate's, and the Blaster System was Nanoha's.
Old 2012-01-10, 09:39   Link #3860
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
I thought it was called Overdrive
Closed Thread