AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-11, 22:36   Link #1161
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
??? new type? I thought we already have newtype spoiler here;

25話 お前の遺志は受け取った!(9/16)
脚本:山口宏、中島かずき 演出:吉田徹 絵コンテ:佐伯昭志 作画監督:貴志夫美子、中澤勇 一
絶え間なく敵の攻撃に晒されるシモンたち大グレン団。
彼らのワナを打ち破るため、シモンたちは捨て身の作戦に出る。

26話 サブタイトル未定(9/23)
脚本:中島かずき 演出・絵コンテ:大塚雅彦 作画監督:平田雄三、阿部慎吾、平松禎史
絶望的な状況を打破した大グレン団。
だが、新たに仕掛けられたワナに大グレン団の面々は成す術がなく…。

最終話 サブタイトル未定(9/30)
脚本:中島かずき 演出・絵コンテ:今石洋之 作画監督:錦織敦史
それまで自分の運命を知らなかった男は、
明日のために最後の戦いを開始する!
I meant the article not the summaries. Unless we get a better scan... damn, I really want that extra little magazine that came with AniMage.
Old 2007-09-11, 22:37   Link #1162
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I meant the article not the summaries. Unless we get a better scan... damn, I really want that extra little magazine that came with AniMage.
lol I see, so thats the case. You guys totally just lost me when you said "buy".
Old 2007-09-11, 22:58   Link #1163
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Heh, well we just want to have a better scan of the "Good End/Bad End Heaven Knows" article. So I'm going to do some spending today. Oh now that 7th mentioned it, I might as well keep a look out on the Animage as well. The GL Spin on book seems interesting.
Old 2007-09-11, 23:08   Link #1164
v1cious

Quote:
So, still trying to get a bigger version of the NewType scan or a summary/transcription at least. All I got from 2ch is that episode 26 is the biggest Nia episode in the show and that something that started in 9 will finally blossom.
don't remember where it's from, but i rmember awhile ago one of the writers said the Nia story would end in 25.
Old 2007-09-11, 23:16   Link #1165
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
don't remember where it's from, but i rmember awhile ago one of the writers said the Nia story would end in 25.
Maybe that was before they inserted the recap episode, so what used to be episode 25 became episode 26?

Anyhow, I'm totally looking forward to 26 now. *__* Unless Nia dies.
Old 2007-09-11, 23:17   Link #1166
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
cough cough... wana desu.
Old 2007-09-12, 05:20   Link #1167
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hiramatsu updated his site. He's now working on 1 cut of second unit keyframing for the final ep.

He's completed ep26, where he did the B-part storyboards, animation direction and 1 cut of keyframing.
Old 2007-09-12, 06:11   Link #1168
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I'm certain that Nia won't croak. That's what I thought about Kamina too, but this feels different. I think there's deffinetly more to Viral. Mostly on account that Lord Genome gave him immortality. Of all dudes, why did he pick him. I know he said about the whole story teller thing, but Viral was kinda like a random solider.
Old 2007-09-12, 08:41   Link #1169
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hiramatsu updated his site. He's now working on 1 cut of second unit keyframing for the final ep.

He's completed ep26, where he did the B-part storyboards, animation direction and 1 cut of keyframing.
Heh, I read that yesterday at his blog. I suppose episode 27 key animation was already complete by the time he freed himself out of 26... I wonder what kind of stuff they're doing for the finale.
Old 2007-09-12, 09:52   Link #1170
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Ok 7th.

Here are the Newtype scans. Beware, I'm a noob at scanning :P.

Spoiler:

As you can see, the scans are a little slanted... it's hard to place the magazine properly in place... but I guess it will suffice.
Spoiler:

Edit: I bought Animage as well. The Gurren Lagann Spin-On Book is pretty neat, with lots of tiny pics... I'll probably scan a few pages of that some other day... if I feel up to it...

Edit: I put them in spoiler tags so that it won't be that obvious I was infringing upon copyrights... lol. I also realized that there are a few more spoiling teasers in the last 2 pages.

Last edited by musashiken; 2007-09-12 at 18:38.
Old 2007-09-12, 09:54   Link #1171
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Heh, I read that yesterday at his blog. I suppose episode 27 key animation was already complete by the time he freed himself out of 26... I wonder what kind of stuff they're doing for the finale.
a) Black and white
b) Sitting in chairs talking + spotlights
c) Stills
d) Whiteboards + ratings charts
e) Live-action cuts
f) Everyone dies
g) Everyone lolz

Pick any 2 and head to the exit.
Old 2007-09-12, 11:55   Link #1172
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
a) Black and white
b) Sitting in chairs talking + spotlights
c) Stills
d) Whiteboards + ratings charts
e) Live-action cuts
f) Everyone dies
g) Everyone lolz

Pick any 2 and head to the exit.
You forgot manga pages and funny cut-outs.

Also, many much thanks for the scans Musashiken. You're my hero.

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-09-12 at 12:17.
Old 2007-09-12, 12:39   Link #1173
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Also, many much thanks for the scans Musashiken. You're my hero.
Indeed, he is the hero of the week. Thanks a lot for the scans Musashiken.

(Side question, which issue was it? Its to beautiful not to order for myself.)
Old 2007-09-12, 18:26   Link #1174
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Heh, no prob. It's the October issue of Newtype. Ayanami Rei is on the cover and there's a little Evangelion cloth bag freebie that comes with the magazine.

Well, there's nothing much else worth mentioning in the magazine, unless you want to have a glimpse of the body of the new girl in Rebuild of Evangelion (you can't even see her head, except you know she is older than the Shinji gang, she's from a different school and she has long hair).

But there is a nice spread of Natsumi and Miyuki of YUA: Full Throttle. I guess that's about it that interests me.

The Nia x Simon spread itself is worth the trouble, considering I've stopped buying anime magazines for 2 years.

Last edited by musashiken; 2007-09-12 at 18:48.
Old 2007-09-12, 19:07   Link #1175
flashmagi

im not sure if this was ever mentioned or if its just really obvious:

has anyone noticed how all the battles escalate exponentially like the spiral theme. since the beginning of the series each challenge grows in exponential difficulty. first there was the one gunman underground, then 5 gunmen when they get to the surface. then the battle for dai-gurren(the first ship), and the escalation to fighting tepperin and the 4 generals. next is the anti-spiral fight against the moon, then against a whole universe. thats pretty much where the series is at now. taking in the eps1 spoilers, next they would fight the dimensional empire which is probly some combination of some thousand dimensional universes.

so for each fight, the gurren dan's fighting power starts out just barely surviving to growing into dominating the enemy completely. thats why simon starts as such a wimp in ep1. the trend of losing at first to instant win at the last moment is present for ever fight. concerning the lastest fight against the anti-spiral homeworld, the transformed gingagurren with the power of a "sub-universe" is ofcourse the dominating power they need to win. however, in a fight against a dimensional empire, the power of one universe is lacking. so maybe thats why they have more than one ship in the ep1 spoilers.
Old 2007-09-12, 20:19   Link #1176
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Yes. That's what some of the folks here have been referring to when they call GL an "epic".
Old 2007-09-12, 23:20   Link #1177
7Th
Mixtape

Wow, the BAD END article sounds pretty convincing to me, as in congruent with what has happened until now during episode 24 and even the HAPPY END text only sets-up and wishes for stuff. On an unrelated not, going by the text below Nia's name her Anti-Spiral side is still "alive"...
Old 2007-09-13, 13:19   Link #1178
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

グレンについてNewtype記事を読んだところ。Good Endingほしい~。

Is this a troll? Because I was pretty convinced this guy was serious.
Old 2007-09-13, 18:14   Link #1179
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
グレンについてNewtype記事を読んだところ。Good Endingほしい~。

Is this a troll? Because I was pretty convinced this guy was serious.
Nah, just wishful thinking on his part.
Old 2007-09-13, 23:12   Link #1180
7Th
Mixtape

Silly speculation time.

Spoiler for Episode 1:

This is the episode one dialog they meant right?
Closed Thread