AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-05-17, 20:45   Link #2261
S332666460

i might be able to play the bass line but my 'version' of Guitar pro 6 wont allow me to open .GP5 so I was wondering if someone could reupload the GP5s as GPX then I can take a look at it and possibly be able to play with you guys for all of the songs.
Thanks in advanced

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is open the song and click save or save as.... it would be really appreciated

Last edited by S332666460; 2012-05-17 at 21:10. Reason: adding stuff
S332666460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 20:48   Link #2262
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmokeDawg View Post
Yeah, me and LightMusicBand have all ready done one together, but it'd be cool if we could gather up a whole "Band" and do one. Why don't we?

Guitar 1: BigSmokeDawg

Guitar 2: [free]

Bass: [free]

Keyboard: Freshoutofthepan

Drums: Trenton Dawn

Let me know if you're interested. We could probably do a song like Houkago Tea Time or something. I'll edit the video and all the tracks together but in order to take part you'll need a fairly decent quality video camera and a good quality recording of yourself. But yeah, with that song is has two guitar solos, a keyboard solo and an awesome bassline so everyone who's playing will get a chance to do something cool.

In about a month I'm going to have about 10 weeks off because I'll have finished school, so I'll have plenty of time to sort everything out. I also might be getting a new amp soon (Got my eyes on the Blackstar HT-5H) so we'll see how that goes lol
I'd like to jump in on this. I can take either the the guitar or the bass. The solo after the keyboard looks really fun. Also about the "awesome" bassline, I find it really simple, lol. Actually, I gave this song's score a quick peek and all of it looks pretty simple. I'll take the guitar 2, but if someone wants to switch me out for bass...
If you want a recording sample of my recording equipment, just check out my YT account.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 20:52   Link #2263
S332666460

just something else to add ummm. if you guys decide to play tenshi ni fureta yo i would love to play the bass for you guys
Old 2012-05-18, 00:13   Link #2264
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Yeah, me and LightMusicBand have all ready done one together, but it'd be cool if we could gather up a whole "Band" and do one. Why don't we?

Guitar 2: [free]

Bass: [free]

Finally someone suggested this from this thread... It's always more fun playing in a band than yourself... IDK, if you don't have anyone else on the guitar, you know, if nobody else want to... Just to keep your options up. (Though these days I'm damn busy).
Old 2012-05-18, 01:21   Link #2265
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
I'd like to jump in on this. I can take either the the guitar or the bass. The solo after the keyboard looks really fun. Also about the "awesome" bassline, I find it really simple, lol. Actually, I gave this song's score a quick peek and all of it looks pretty simple. I'll take the guitar 2, but if someone wants to switch me out for bass...
If you want a recording sample of my recording equipment, just check out my YT account.
I just checked your YT out and yeah, your recording gear is spot on I've put you down on Guitar 2. Although looking back at the tab, I don't think I'll be able to manage some of the weird Azusa parts. Seeing as you're obviously way better than me, do you want to do them instead? :V We can keep the solos the same, but I don't think I'll be able to play those sections without making a hash of it.

We can start this when we get S332666460's GP set up (I can't help you with that, sorry!). As far as recording goes, how about this:

1. Play over the song as you would for a normal cover.

2. Match up the audio and video so they're in time

3. Remove the original song

4. Send the file to me

This means that all I'll have to do is match all the files up together into the one song. It's gonna be quite a task but I think I'm up to it :P

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2012-05-18 at 01:49.
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:22   Link #2266
freshoutofthepan

Okay, for whichever song you guys are planning to play, I'll just stick to the part you guys have already arranged in the score master list... Since there are other instruments, I wouldn't want to overthrow the balance or overwhelm any instrument.
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:31   Link #2267
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Well I think Houkago Tea Time would be a nice song to start with. You're free to add your own character to your playing. Hell, there's a keyboard solo so you can feel free to try something with that.

Also does anyone have a vocal only track for the song (Houkago Tea Time) as I'd like to avoid using the entire song because it'll sound like a mess.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:41   Link #2268
trenton_dawn
Silt

@Telephone: Houkago Tea time (GP6)
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 18:45   Link #2269
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Just to clarify - There's no deadline for this project. In about a month I finish school, so I get a good 12 weeks of absolutely nothing so I can do all the editing and my parts then.

When you've got a take you're happy with, send me the the video and just the audio of your instrument to me (PM me for my email or just send me a mediafire link)

Make sure you don't leave the backing track on or what ever :P
Old 2012-05-19, 04:03   Link #2270
Krimmydoodle

Quote:
Also does anyone have a vocal only track for the song (Houkago Tea Time) as I'd like to avoid using the entire song because it'll sound like a mess.
Let me see what I can whip up. I assume you're wanting to use this to overlay on top of everyone's covered instruments?
Krimmydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 05:58   Link #2271
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimmydoodle View Post
Let me see what I can whip up. I assume you're wanting to use this to overlay on top of everyone's covered instruments?
That's right. Thanks dude!

Thanks to Krimmydoodle, I'll be able to put the original song's vocals over our cover so it will sound extra awesome

Just got a question - how on earth did you manage to rip them at such high quality?

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2012-05-19 at 13:37.
Old 2012-05-19, 13:37   Link #2272
S332666460

thanks so much trenton_dawn it works
my stupid version only reads GPX so thanks
i will start to practice song
Also i was wondering if we could do Tenshi Ni Fureta Yo! next if possible cause im sure everyone must like that song
Old 2012-05-19, 13:42   Link #2273
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

I'm cool with doing Tenshi Ni Fureta Yo. I love that song, but the guitar's a little boring on it's own. We'll see how this cover turns out first of all though.
Old 2012-05-19, 13:51   Link #2274
tanabi1

hello,I could do bass or guitar for the project, but since I'm not really good at solos I'd probably be better at bass.
tanabi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 14:09   Link #2275
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

It looks like we already have a bassist, sorry dude ):

The list is:

Guitar 2: AznAndy94 [COMPLETED]

Bass: S332666460

However, I'll let you know if we need you if someone drops out.

We should start doing whole band covers now that all the tabbing is done. The videos will probably attract attention to the thread as well :P

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2012-05-31 at 01:59.
Old 2012-05-19, 15:02   Link #2276
Krimmydoodle

Quote:
Just got a question - how on earth did you manage to rip them at such high quality?
Take a copy of the full version and the instrumental, invert the waveform of one, and try to line them up together as precisely as possible (I think I ended up lining this up with a precision of .00001 of a quarter note at the song's tempo). The waves the files share (the instruments) will cancel each other out and you're left with the vocals. It's not perfect, but for an amateur job without the studio's original recordings, it works pretty well.

Fun fact: my first attempt at it had a single loud piano note cut into the mix during the middle chorus. Thankfully, the line being sung was identical to a line in the final chorus and I just snuck a little bit of copy/paste in there. It's our little secret.
Krimmydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 15:30   Link #2277
S332666460

hey Trenton Dawn what kind of drums do you have? out of curiosity
Old 2012-05-19, 18:56   Link #2278
trenton_dawn
Silt

I have a Alesis DM6 electronic drum kit. I think there's a picture in my post over in the Musical Instruments thread.
Old 2012-05-19, 21:18   Link #2279
S332666460

that is a nice set
for me i am renting a bass and an amp from Musiccare (Dont know the name of the bass but the amp is a Peavy Basic 112) but i am planning on getting my own when i get the money to. Maybe Mio's Fender Jazz
also I ahve started practicing Houkago Tea Time and it is coming along well
Old 2012-05-19, 22:59   Link #2280
trenton_dawn
Silt

I'm considering buying a bass at some point as well to complete my dream of owning and being able to play a whole band's worth of instruments. I'll probably just go with a Squier standard P bass since I'm only a beginner on the bass.