AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 21:55   Link #1941
MechR

That's just the nature of her magic. She did say she has over a hundred outfits, and we've only seen a dozen or so (including stuff like the pajamas and the bunny-girl getup). Then there's 200+ weapons.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 00:33   Link #1942
Wrath88
Kissing...

Good thing she's an S-rank in the guild, or I don't see how she could afford all of them. Unless she holds the monopoly on quests that offer such armor and weapons as reward.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:00   Link #1943
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well on her first mission she had slain a demon and got back with an ornamented horn, that stuff should sell a lot, and with the reward from the mission itself, she can open up her own little vault. I think Erza's thing is tactical advantage, hence the plethora of weapons to choose from, so her fights can be creative...even if they're not:P At least it's a very good concept for battle manga.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 01:28   Link #1944
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Fairy Tail 155:
Old 2009-10-13, 06:39   Link #1945
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
/me vote that he will return sooner or later.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 08:02   Link #1946
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Fairy tail episode 1 is out- don't really like the OP, Lucy in motion

Yes. I'm that shallow.

.More seriously...it's depicted like a show for 10-year olds. I'm a bit disappointed.

Last edited by cloak_and_dagger; 2009-10-13 at 08:15.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 08:29   Link #1947
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, I wish the animation was sharper or something, and I hope they don't use the Magical Circles and the Dragon-in-the-background thing TOO much.

The serious expressions the characters have seem quite toned down as well, underplays a lot of things.
Old 2009-10-13, 09:25   Link #1948
Direwolf18

Mmmm yea, I was going to recommend it to my younger brother, he wont read manga just watches the animes, but unless it gets better going to have to pass on that. Still working on getting him to read the mangas though.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 10:25   Link #1949
Wrath88
Kissing...

Try to keep anime discussion in the anime side, guys.

Well, after Midnight, all that's left is that talking staff. How will it get destroyed?
1. Broken by someone (most likely Natsu)
2. Blasted into oblivion (again, most likely Natsu)
3. Doesn't get destroyed, escapes.
4. Crushed when they take out Nirvana
Old 2009-10-13, 10:28   Link #1950
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post

Well, after Midnight, all that's left is that talking staff. How will it get destroyed?
1. Broken by someone (most likely Natsu)
2. Blasted into oblivion (again, most likely Natsu)
3. Doesn't get destroyed, escapes.
4. Crushed when they take out Nirvana
Turns into a Zeref demon at some point would be my guess.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 14:36   Link #1951
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
We have an anime side? :O
Old 2009-10-13, 15:22   Link #1952
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sole disappointment about the latest chapter: when she said Midnight's magic only worked on magic and weapons, I totally thought she was going to fight naked.

OK, not really, but.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 15:52   Link #1953
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sole disappointment about the latest chapter: when she said Midnight's magic only worked on magic and weapons, I totally thought she was going to fight naked.

OK, not really, but.
I see nothing wrong with your logic
Old 2009-10-13, 15:58   Link #1954
itachi29al

This chapter was kinda disappointing, after all that midnight was just sooo weak. They hyped him up but truth be told, he looks to me to be the weakest of all of OS. Plus the way Erza defeated wasnt cool or creative like i was hoping, it just kinda happened. Also im getting really tired of how bipolar with regard to her power levels, one minute she will be unbelievable and the next just some weak hapless fool. Anyway he will probably be defeated the begging of next chapter, the formula for OS member seems to be one chapter hype, another chapter to be defeated, and a final half chapter where they give it one last try but lose. Kinda predictable
Old 2009-10-13, 16:01   Link #1955
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I just fell in love with Erza all over again

all jokes aside, the chapter was rather weak. I'd have preferred if Natsu defeated Midnight.
Old 2009-10-13, 16:05   Link #1956
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Meh, At least we know Midnight's a Guy. Otherwise who else would project themselves with a huge Chest and Sixpack?
It's great that the story seems to be stressed, but all these mini battles are killing me. Bring on the Natsu please. Then again, I most certainly am not a fan of this arc, unless something interesting comes out of it later on. I want Dragons. Naow.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:13   Link #1957
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
This chapter was kinda disappointing, after all that midnight was just sooo weak. They hyped him up but truth be told, he looks to me to be the weakest of all of OS. Plus the way Erza defeated wasnt cool or creative like i was hoping, it just kinda happened. Also im getting really tired of how bipolar with regard to her power levels, one minute she will be unbelievable and the next just some weak hapless fool. Anyway he will probably be defeated the begging of next chapter, the formula for OS member seems to be one chapter hype, another chapter to be defeated, and a final half chapter where they give it one last try but lose. Kinda predictable
Magic's got an element of Rock/Paper/Scissors to it. Erza was very well suited to fighting Midnight, whereas Natsu, for example, would have gotten owned pretty bad - barring some random protagonist protection. Though what really clinched it was her analytical ability.
Old 2009-10-13, 16:20   Link #1958
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I just fell in love with Erza all over again

all jokes aside, the chapter was rather weak. I'd have preferred if Natsu defeated Midnight.
Really? I thought people were always complaining how Natsu was beating up the final bosses even though Erza was supposed to be stronger than him? Anyway, this fight followed almost exactly the same pattern as Erza's fight against against the samurai lady in the tower, so I guess that's how she's going to be doing things. Incidentally, both of these opponents (samurai lady and Midnight) had been hyped up as undefeated and invincible, presumably to explain why Erza should have any trouble with them and make her look stronger. Unfortunately, this plan seems to have backfired because the fans just see this as the author hyping up a weak opponent, and Erza still seems kinda weak.

It'd probably work a lot better if we saw them beat up Natsu first or something, just to show that they're dangerous in real terms. Then again, this series has a history of powerful people getting knocked out by sneak attacks, so even then we might not take them seriously enough... From this perspective, it's almost as if he's written himself into a corner, as far as Erza's battles are concerned. It really makes you appreciate the jobbing that happens in Bleach, etc.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:32   Link #1959
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I guess you're right. The problem is that though we know Midnight's beaten Gérard and the turned Oracion, we haven't seen it.
Old 2009-10-13, 17:17   Link #1960
palpatin

Quote:
and Erza still seems kinda weak.
Erza seems weak? Well...

Spoiler for Erza is not that weak:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen