AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-15, 09:36   Link #22041
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
maybe... i mean, the full saber OOQ was just a simulation in the manga but the OO seven sword /G was actually used.
they might do it like the delta gundam (which also was never actually build in the gundam continuity). they want to release a delta gundam if the delta plus and the upcoming hyku shiki 2.0 sell well. maybe they will release a FS OOQ when the OO seven sword sells well enough?
but since they havent released a lot of kits from the movie i kinda doubt that they will ever release it.
Well like I said, not as a whole new kit but just the trees for the Full Saber Weapon update as a Bandai MG kit and not a resin or like those magazine things...

And I think that Bandai isn't quite done with the 00 series so I'm hoping we get like MG Astraea, MG Exia R2, SD Astraea, etc...Oh and the MG O Gundam Type ACD. I know I mention them a lot but I just really want those kits and I don't see why Bandai still hasn't put them out yet...

I guess maybe they want to focus on the AGE series and get those EW Wing kits out as well as getting that MG Full Armor Unicorn release as well...?
Old 2011-09-15, 09:43   Link #22042
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Well like I said, not as a whole new kit but just the trees for the Full Saber Weapon update as a Bandai MG kit and not a resin or like those magazine things...

And I think that Bandai isn't quite done with the 00 series so I'm hoping we get like MG Astraea, MG Exia R2, SD Astraea, etc...Oh and the MG O Gundam Type ACD. I know I mention them a lot but I just really want those kits and I don't see why Bandai still hasn't put them out yet...

I guess maybe they want to focus on the AGE series and get those EW Wing kits out as well as getting that MG Full Armor Unicorn release as well...?
i dont think they would ever do that. bandai usually doesnt release parts like that because they cant make a lot of money with that. only those who bought the OOQ would buy it and chances are that not all of them will do that.
and about the other kits you want, if there is not a lot of demand for a specific model then bandai wont release it. i could see the astraea or the exia R2 being released but i just dont see a O gundam happening.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 10:45   Link #22043
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
i dont think they would ever do that. bandai usually doesnt release parts like that because they cant make a lot of money with that. only those who bought the OOQ would buy it and chances are that not all of them will do that.
and about the other kits you want, if there is not a lot of demand for a specific model then bandai wont release it. i could see the astraea or the exia R2 being released but i just dont see a O gundam happening.
Astraea and Exia Repair 2 you think are likely? Then why not O Gundam?

If they get a MG Exia Repair 2, then they might as well release the MG O Gundam. They already have a HG and SD for it, so why not the MG? And it's plays an important role in the 00 universe...
Old 2011-09-15, 10:58   Link #22044
Appel

Quote:
Astraea and Exia Repair 2 you think are likely? Then why not O Gundam?

If they get a MG Exia Repair 2, then they might as well release the MG O Gundam. They already have a HG and SD for it, so why not the MG? And it's plays an important role in the 00 universe...
its not that easy. the exia and the astraea are very popular among fans and they can just use the originl exia to make those. the O gundam isnt really all that popular and it only had a couple of appearances during the run of the show. HG as SD kits are probably enough to satisfy the market in this case, at least thats how bandai seems to plan it.
Old 2011-09-15, 11:48   Link #22045
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
its not that easy. the exia and the astraea are very popular among fans and they can just use the originl exia to make those. the O gundam isnt really all that popular and it only had a couple of appearances during the run of the show. HG as SD kits are probably enough to satisfy the market in this case, at least thats how bandai seems to plan it.
Well, the Exia Repair 2 only appeared in that final fight and the O Gundam appeared in the beginning of the show and towards the end of the show... So in that sense, it made more appearances.

But I will agree with you that they can use the MG Exia and modify it for the Exia Repair 2 and Astraea MG kits.

Still want an SD Astraea too.

=P
Old 2011-09-15, 12:45   Link #22046
Appel

the R2 only appeared in one episode but there are a few key factors that might give it an edge over the O gudam:
-its a lead gundam
-its the lead gundam from the final episode
-it already has a base that can easily be modified with a few new pieces
-its extremely popular

the O gundam isnt as popular, they would have to put a lor more work into it and it isnt a lead gundam. they might release it in the future but i just dont see it happen right now.

an SD astraea is very likely though in my opinion! SD kits are small and dont require a lot of planing. even if it doesnt sell well bandai can still make a profit with it.
thats the reason why they release so many HG and SD kits. they are small and inexpensive to make, so they can take a bigger risk with them.
Old 2011-09-15, 13:02   Link #22047
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
the R2 only appeared in one episode but there are a few key factors that might give it an edge over the O gudam:
-its a lead gundam
-its the lead gundam from the final episode
-it already has a base that can easily be modified with a few new pieces
-its extremely popular

the O gundam isnt as popular, they would have to put a lor more work into it and it isnt a lead gundam. they might release it in the future but i just dont see it happen right now.

an SD astraea is very likely though in my opinion! SD kits are small and dont require a lot of planing. even if it doesnt sell well bandai can still make a profit with it.
thats the reason why they release so many HG and SD kits. they are small and inexpensive to make, so they can take a bigger risk with them.
Well if you want to get technical, the O Gundam is a "lead" in the 00 series as it is the prequel to the Exia.
Old 2011-09-15, 13:08   Link #22048
kakakka

No it's not
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 13:22   Link #22049
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

No it's not
yup, it totally isnt^^ the astraea is exias predecessor and the O gundam is the predecessor to all CB gundams.

but that probably doesnt make it important enough for bandai to give it a master grade^^
you see, the shows and mangas are essentially only there to make you buy the models. suits that get a big chunk of the spotlight and that are popular among the fans get a master grade or maybe even a perfect grade. everything else can be happy if it gets a 1/100 no grade XD
Old 2011-09-15, 13:24   Link #22050
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
yup, it totally isnt^^ the astraea is exias predecessor and the O gundam is the predecessor to all CB gundams.

but that probably doesnt make it important enough for bandai to give it a master grade^^
you see, the shows and mangas are essentially only there to make you buy the models. suits that get a big chunk of the spotlight and that are popular among the fans get a master grade or maybe even a perfect grade. everything else can be happy if it gets a 1/100 no grade XD
So then by definition, isn't the O Gundam the predecessor to the Exia?
Old 2011-09-15, 13:42   Link #22051
Appel

Quote:
So then by definition, isn't the O Gundam the predecessor to the Exia?
its not its direct predecessor.
the O gundam was just a testbed for their basic technology. that alone doesnt make it important enough in my opinion :P
Old 2011-09-15, 13:46   Link #22052
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The 0 Gundam isn't a lead Gundam in the sense that it's not a protagonist Gundam--it wasn't piloted by Setsuna or Fon, therefore has little in the way of popularity.

Admittedly I'd prefer one 0 Gundam over the thousands upon thousands of RX-78-2s out there...
Old 2011-09-15, 14:19   Link #22053
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
its not its direct predecessor.
the O gundam was just a testbed for their basic technology. that alone doesnt make it important enough in my opinion :P
And without it, Exia, 00, 00 Qan[T], etc would never have been created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The 0 Gundam isn't a lead Gundam in the sense that it's not a protagonist Gundam--it wasn't piloted by Setsuna or Fon, therefore has little in the way of popularity.

Admittedly I'd prefer one 0 Gundam over the thousands upon thousands of RX-78-2s out there...
I guess in that respect it makes sense, but the 0 Gundam is just too important I think; enough to warrant a quick MG release. And yes. There are far too many RX-78-2 kits...
Old 2011-09-15, 15:11   Link #22054
Scorpiopt

Quote:
dont mention it, it just took me a minute on google XD

i got these kits pretty much for the same reason (although i got the wing ver.ka and not the TV version). i knew that they would be rather basic but i NEEDED to have them! especially the freedom. in my case seed was the first gundam related show i watched^^

im also almost finished with the exias pieces. gonna finish the last bunch of parts tomorrow and maybe ill finish it on friday :P

edit: woa! the MG OOQ with LEDs and fibre optic cables! O_O

now THAT is what the OOQ should look like^^
but in my opinion thats something that bandai could improve on, proper lighting. they always just give us some LEDs and the light goes everywhere but you cant really get the light to many places with that... they kinda tried it with the strike freedom lightning edition but only with mixed success in my opinion.
i dont think something like this would be too difficult to implement in something like a PG kit!
that would be really cool, you wouldnt have to switch on all LEDs individually but just one and then the whole kit lights up^^

fucking awesome
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 16:20   Link #22055
Appel

ah crap, i just saw that tomorrow the connichi starts here in germany... thats an anime convention and guess what they will be selling there... also, guess who doesnt have any money this month DX
but id have to drive there for 3 hours and they have a 30€ entry fee. i dont really want to do that only to find out that the gunpla there is extremely overpriced :P

edit: ok, i think i found something to compensate for that disappointment... the MG hypermode god gundam is available on HLJ! the first time i have ever seen that thing in stock! O_O i just had to order that...

Last edited by Appel; 2011-09-15 at 16:31.
Old 2011-09-15, 17:08   Link #22056
Sworra

so what will they be selling there? Unless you are refering to just MG, gunpla. etc. Or is there something in particular?
Old 2011-09-15, 17:10   Link #22057
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
so what will they be selling there? Unless you are refering to just MG, gunpla. etc. Or is there something in particular?
i was referring to gunpla^^ they have quite few exhibitors there, including Anime Export which is apparently europes biggest seller for mechas and stuff like that.
i havent heard about them yet, i need to check out their store online!
Old 2011-09-15, 18:20   Link #22058
Sworra

Quote:
i was referring to gunpla^^ they have quite few exhibitors there, including Anime Export which is apparently europes biggest seller for mechas and stuff like that.
i havent heard about them yet, i need to check out their store online!
Indeed, you might just have some luck and have a national seller instead of HLJ all the time.
Old 2011-09-15, 18:26   Link #22059
LokIdle

Quote:
edit: woa! the MG OOQ with LEDs and fibre optic cables! O_O

now THAT is what the OOQ should look like^^
but in my opinion thats something that bandai could improve on, proper lighting. they always just give us some LEDs and the light goes everywhere but you cant really get the light to many places with that... they kinda tried it with the strike freedom lightning edition but only with mixed success in my opinion.
i dont think something like this would be too difficult to implement in something like a PG kit!
that would be really cool, you wouldnt have to switch on all LEDs individually but just one and then the whole kit lights up^^
Is there some kind of explanation on how this is done? I'm looking for a way to make my still unbuild MG Unicorn a little bit more shiny and fibre optic cables sound like an interesting way to do it. The alternative would be LEDs. But you need like a dozen for the Unicorn and it seems really complicated. If this is not to hard to do then I might even be motivated to get a MG 00Q and build it the same way as in the picture.

On the topic of LEDs: would these work as a replacement for the LEDs Bandai uses in the 00Q and 00 Raiser? I think this should fit into the places where the LEDs are, maybe with the help of some glue. The original Bandai LEDs are somewhat hard to get...
LokIdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 18:27   Link #22060
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Indeed, you might just have some luck and have a national seller instead of HLJ all the time.
the problem is that their international shop is just as expensive as other japanese shops and their european site is in italian... i need to look into that a little more^^

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy