AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 11:32   Link #101
Kyouka
Is Here

all i will say now dibs on space pirate asuka
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:50   Link #102
Vicious108

Is this real? Now someone can't even express a negative view of a trailer without being immediately labeled ignorant and arrogant? This is why it sometimes becomes hard to take these boards seriously. So much senseless damage control. Anytime anyone criticizes a popular show, someone will always rush to dismiss and discredit that person's views by claiming or implying "Don't listen to him, people! He's just a hater and a troll!"

Seriously? How thin-skinned and bigoted can you get? So anyone who thinks differently from you should automatically be ignored by everyone else because their views can't possibly be legitimate? Wow. Get over yourself. You speak of and accuse someone else of holding narrow-minded views while simultaneously attempting to ostracize anyone who challenges your own - apparently "objectively right" - views. Yeah, some open mind you've got there.

People can think whatever the hell they want about a trailer. And there's no need to specify they're not judging the whole work because that's implicit from the get-go. It's a 25-second trailer, and those 25 seconds looked indicative of an unsatisfactory movie to some of us. Deal with it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:53   Link #103
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wonder how far the third movie go story wise?
Old 2012-07-06, 17:25   Link #104
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
No new girl is stealing Shinji from Asuka, because Rei is the girl who Shinji is fully committed to.

Shinji always had more feelings towards Rei than Asuka anyway, be it romantic or some kind of motherly presence.
I'm not really so sure of that.

Sure Shinji went all apocolypse on us when Rei got taken, but I think that is partly to due to the fact that Asuka was dead and she was the only good thing he had left in the world.

If Rei had died and Asuka got eaten, I'm pretty sure he would have gone all apocolypsey for her too.

Well, its true that in Rebuild he's closer to Rei than Asuka, but I can't say for sure he is 'fully commited' to Rei - Finding out Asuka is actually alive will probably rock that boat.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:46   Link #105
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

And still no one including Reckoner himself has justified why the word trash is used.

I'm not going after any one else who had negative views because you at least try to justify your own claims, I respect that, but not for something like 'looks like trash'.

Like I said if anyone has any impression that's not just trash it doesn't bother me.

If anyone actually wants to defend the right for someone to literally trash anything, anyone has the right to defend that trash. It is bigotry for that audience whose only job is to watch, to trash without justification.

Unless you also think it is trash, there's nothing for me to argue about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I'm not really so sure of that.

Sure Shinji went all apocolypse on us when Rei got taken, but I think that is partly to due to the fact that Asuka was dead and she was the only good thing he had left in the world.

If Rei had died and Asuka got eaten, I'm pretty sure he would have gone all apocolypsey for her too.

Well, its true that in Rebuild he's closer to Rei than Asuka, but I can't say for sure he is 'fully commited' to Rei - Finding out Asuka is actually alive will probably rock that boat.
I mean romantic commitment and Shinji is committed to Rei romantically, but is just friends towards Asuka.

Shinji didn't develop any romantic feelings for Asuka in 2.0 but he can still care about her as a friend. Sharing a bed once and feeling shy about it doesn't really mean he is romantically involved. Asuka herself felt that her feelings didn't reach Shinji and has lost to Rei.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:07   Link #106
Destined_Fate

Shinji isn't just friends towards Asuka. The Movies even amp up their sexual tension while the TV series took far longer for it to build up to that point.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 05:02   Link #107
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Disgraceful fanservice isn't amping up the sexual tension.

The original was more subtle in its placement, did it with grace. It felt natural most of the time, so the sexual tension was more biting and was critical to Shinji's sexual frustration.

NME was like a bad harem comedy at times. Their relationship in NME was devoid of substance.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 05:38   Link #108
Destined_Fate

It isn't just fanservice, it follows just what the TV series did only it happens much quicker and is more to the point. You know since the Movies don't have the luxury of 20 odd episodes for build up and angst over teenage love. Besides just like the TV show they both take an immediate interest in each other, the only difference here is pacing which is fine considering the time allotment differences.

If this was a TV series with 20+ episodes than it would be rushed and disgraceful but it isn't, it's part of a OVA series with far less time to deal with that stuff that will just distract from other things that are strapped on time as well. Besides, not hammering in that there is sexual tension between them would cause issues with the fanbase that watched TV Evangelion and expected this to be front and center and not just dropped(There would be riots). So with the time they had they did a good job portraying that initial spark and interest the two had in the TV series and the sexual tension between them.
Old 2012-07-07, 07:02   Link #109
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I mean romantic commitment and Shinji is committed to Rei romantically, but is just friends towards Asuka.

Shinji didn't develop any romantic feelings for Asuka in 2.0 but he can still care about her as a friend. Sharing a bed once and feeling shy about it doesn't really mean he is romantically involved. Asuka herself felt that her feelings didn't reach Shinji and has lost to Rei.
I don't think its quite as clear cut as you are making it out to be.

While its true that Shinji is more invested in Rei romantically, his relationship with Asuka can't quite be considered 'just friends' either.

And I never really saw Asuka backing out of her feelings due to Shinji's failure to respond - I always felt it was partly because she supported Rei's attempt to bring Shinji and Gendo together, and she felt that as a third party, her taking on the work stuff while leaving Rei to sort out the dinner party was best for shinji.

And also partly because she herself felt that her feelings were inadequite compared to Rei's.

Well, to sum up - I agree that he's more emotionally invested in Rei than anyone else, but its not like he is 100% fully hers.
Old 2012-07-07, 07:14   Link #110
Destined_Fate

Regardless, Asuka "not" being dead and her returning in the next Movie will put to the test how "devoted" he will stay to Rei. He has had an extra movie to bond with her and she looks like you know who...
Old 2012-07-07, 07:23   Link #111
brocko

Pffft, all this will be moot once Kaworu enters the picture anyway

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 07:54   Link #112
Destined_Fate

Who says Kaworu and Shinji will be gay for each other in the movies? They took out some of the other relationships already since they didn't involve Shinji getting a Harem.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:15   Link #113
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It isn't just fanservice, it follows just what the TV series did only it happens much quicker and is more to the point. You know since the Movies don't have the luxury of 20 odd episodes for build up and angst over teenage love. Besides just like the TV show they both take an immediate interest in each other, the only difference here is pacing which is fine considering the time allotment differences.

If this was a TV series with 20+ episodes than it would be rushed and disgraceful but it isn't, it's part of a OVA series with far less time to deal with that stuff that will just distract from other things that are strapped on time as well. Besides, not hammering in that there is sexual tension between them would cause issues with the fanbase that watched TV Evangelion and expected this to be front and center and not just dropped(There would be riots). So with the time they had they did a good job portraying that initial spark and interest the two had in the TV series and the sexual tension between them.
Yea, the movie format can't espouse on it much enough, but I feel it still wasted too much time-- I mean did we really need Shikinami tsundere antics on such a short time budget? Or maybe they could have had less of Mari's boobs. A lot of movies certainly don't have that deep of a romantic element but they get the idea across. I didn't buy the Shinji and Asuka relationship beyond physical attraction. Then again, I never really bought their relationship to begin with. The only explanation for it is literally, "anyone will do". Because of the nature of the apocalyptic events near the end, this kinda made sense. Here, it's just kinda like "I met a hot and bitchy girl, and had a few meetings, and had to badly hurt her" Yes, it's fine, it works, but the effect isn't as strong as it was with Toji, since there was an active connection between Shinji and Toji.

And why are we discussing this anyways? He's going with Rei in this anyways.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 00:35   Link #114
Destined_Fate

Fans didn't want Toji to die so they used Asuka since she's too important to kill off - Popularity and Story-wise.

Eh, he didn't go with Rei in the TV series so I don't see them jumping Asuka's ship just because this is the Movies. It would cause riots if they changed the end game pair like that, even if this is a different "Canon". Besides, if anyone has a chance to one up Asuka it would be Mari since she's new and hasn't lost like Rei did in the past series.
Old 2012-07-08, 04:41   Link #115
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Besides, if anyone has a chance to one up Asuka it would be Mari since she's new and hasn't lost like Rei did in the past series.
Ah, fuck no.

If that happened, I'd use words worse than trash to describe it.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-08, 09:59   Link #116
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

I'm reluctant to get involved with this, especially since everyone seems to be Reckoner's side (who assuredly hasn't watched Eva as many times as I have (I had quite a few years jump on him), yet once said that I wasn't a REAL Eva fan because I liked 2.0), but I would like to point out that he's saying the preview looks bad...yet the only preview any of us have yet seen was broadcast off the side of skyscraper.

It seems to me obvious that anything presented in such a way will look worse than if it were, say, projected in a movie theater, or watched on a pirated Blu-Ray edition.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:29   Link #117
Solafighter
Hige

I have seen it so often, that many people were like "trailer looks bad, movie is gonna be bad" but most of them loved the movie after watching it.

Its just a teaser-trailer. Just wait and see.
Old 2012-07-08, 13:16   Link #118
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I'm reluctant to get involved with this, especially since everyone seems to be Reckoner's side (who assuredly hasn't watched Eva as many times as I have (I had quite a few years jump on him), yet once said that I wasn't a REAL Eva fan because I liked 2.0), but I would like to point out that he's saying the preview looks bad...yet the only preview any of us have yet seen was broadcast off the side of skyscraper.

It seems to me obvious that anything presented in such a way will look worse than if it were, say, projected in a movie theater, or watched on a pirated Blu-Ray edition.
You most assuredly are a NME fan. You're a traitor .

Jokes aside, yes the trailer was presented in a lackluster fashion so this had a little to do with it, but I saw like no signs in the trailer of anything I personally was interested in so that's why I was unimpressed.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 13:49   Link #119
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
You most assuredly are a NME fan. You're a traitor .
Right back atcha!

(And, er...don't you mean NGE...? Or are you making a joke that I'm not getting...?)
Old 2012-07-08, 15:53   Link #120
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post

Everyone? Nah, not even close. Just look around the internet anywhere, and I see mostly raves for the Rebuild series thus far. Even looking at this thread, not everyone hates it. And, no, nobody was dissing the video quality, so I do not think that should make that big of a difference.

Then again, seeing bits of crappy rips of 1.0 made people like myself excited, so who knows?

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Tags
evangelion, remake