AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-13, 04:26   Link #201
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Is this going to replace Precure?
Hahaha, no. Precure is on a roll lately, profit-wise.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:14   Link #202
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Is this going to replace Precure?
Don't think so. Precure is their go-to Mahou Shoujo franchise for young girls and kids. The new Sailor Moon mean while seems to be going for a nostalgia angle, targetting those old enough to remember it (basically, the older 25-30+ age range). They're made for completely different audiences.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-07-13, 08:54   Link #203
tsunade666

But if they are targeting the one who can only remember it then it will be only a couple few or even if that is vast in reality. It still doesn't seem well for them to only choose them as targeted audience. A more wide audience is preferable plus the current trend of anime's with moe and fan service stuff which probably hit this series with its remake.

Though if its only the older audience as target audience then is a darker theme possible?
Old 2012-07-13, 09:07   Link #204
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Even assuming that there are intentions for the same kind of audience as Precure fans, a 'faithful-to-the-manga' Sailor Moon can never ever replace Precure anyway.

A faithful adaption would be over in 70~80 episodes, give or take. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though if its only the older audience as target audience then is a darker theme possible?
Sailor Moon always had a rather dark theme. It never really felt that way simply due to how it was glossed over in the anime, and even in the manga, they skimmed over those themes pretty quickly as they moved on to the next villain.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-07-13, 11:36   Link #205
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
But if they are targeting the one who can only remember it then it will be only a couple few or even if that is vast in reality. It still doesn't seem well for them to only choose them as targeted audience. A more wide audience is preferable plus the current trend of anime's with moe and fan service stuff which probably hit this series with its remake.

You underestimate the value of nostalgia. Take a good look at common cicles in entertainment media and you'll notice that when a generation hits 25/30 years of age the wave of nostalgia-based good shifts to target them. It's very simple: at 25/30 years of age most people are starting to get a decent enough income and they are more susceptible to buying stuff they remember fondly from their childhood.

Or at least that's my pet theory on the matter.
Old 2012-07-13, 11:39   Link #206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sometimes the older audiances respond...and have money.

Space Battleship Yamato came back this year to 20k BD sales, and Gundam Unicorn...well is Gundam (110k+).
Old 2012-07-14, 02:03   Link #207
Sakuya
*Artist

I thought from the interview, they implied it would be targeted for the youngsters of today while still proving to be a good remake for those older fans?
Old 2012-07-14, 02:24   Link #208
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Great news, i was and still am a big fan of the series, i just hope it doesn't have the same fate as Kai... and they actually put the proper effort into this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I just hope this doesn't bother with anything Sailor Moon S and beyond. At that point, the series got stupid.
Maybe you mean SuperS ? While i wasn't as well very fond of that season S and Stars where great.

PS: hmm... this makes want to rewatch the series again...
Old 2012-07-14, 02:56   Link #209
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But if they are targeting the one who can only remember it then it will be only a couple few or even if that is vast in reality. It still doesn't seem well for them to only choose them as targeted audience.
Gundam's One Year War/0079 setting being the most popular aspect of the franchise despite being nearly 30+ years old would argue against that. Nostalgia can be a very powerful thing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-07-14, 03:23   Link #210
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Indeed, plus in Sailor Moon's case it had a large fan base also because it was including both males and females, originally target at females, but gain a large popularity with males as well, in that aspect it fan base is probably larger even then Gundam's, i don't see them going wrong with the approach at all.
Old 2012-07-14, 16:19   Link #211
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther

Well, as a 24 year old male graduate student who loves college athletics and military history... I take great pains to hide my love of Sailor Moon, but since this news is THAT great, I guess I'm going to have to dispense with the hiding for a bit.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Come on, Summer 2013! Despite the fact that I already know my Summer 2013 will absolutely suck beyond all belief, this news may make it more bearable.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2012-07-14, 16:28   Link #212
Dr. Casey

Quote:
But if they are targeting the one who can only remember it then it will be only a couple few or even if that is vast in reality.
...? I'm pretty sure that the number of people who were alive from 1992 to 1997 isn't that small... >_>
Old 2012-07-14, 16:34   Link #213
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Plus all those that watched in Internationally in other languages.

It was recently rereleased in Italy if I remember correctly.
Old 2012-07-14, 22:12   Link #214
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

It was recently rereleased in Italy if I remember correctly.
Sailor Moon was so popular in Italy that they did their own version, Club WinX which is kind of a crossover between sailor moon and harry potter.
Old 2012-07-14, 23:10   Link #215
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Sailor Moon was so popular in Italy that they did their own version, Club WinX which is kind of a crossover between sailor moon and harry potter.
Ah. Winx Club... they always expose their tummy.
Old 2012-07-15, 00:10   Link #216
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yeah,remember this project was announced in Paris,Italy's been mentioned but sailor moon was huge in france as well.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:13   Link #217
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Of all the characters in the show she definitely seems to have the moe thing going on most of all for sure. There's something to be said for a pale frail loli (I think she was one of if not the first of this archetype) dressed entirely in black tight fitting clothing that sits in the park all day looking sad until her sunhat blows away and well...we all know the rest. Plus the whole backstory, fight with her own internal demons, the outer senshi's initial steadfast determination to kill the poor girl all make her very sympathetic. Also her official character art is unlike any of the other cast members in terms of how they portray her. Most of the official art I've seen from Japan for the others is them just looking Bishoujo...Hotaru on the other hand....

Spoiler:

Yeah I wonder what they were going for there.
Oh man, that summarizes many of my thoughts on this issue.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-15, 05:00   Link #218
Hachiko
The Akita

Who do you have as your dream SM2013 cast? Obviously, Kotono could be reprising her role as Usagi and Tohru his role as Mamoru. For example I like Kana Hanazawa as Ami, Yoko Hikasa as Rei, Ai Nonaka as Makoto, Eri Kitamura as Minako, Rie Kugimiya as Chibiusa, Ami Koshimizu as Haruka, Kaoru Mizuhashi as Michiru, Marina Inoue as Setsuna, Chiwa Saito as Hotaru, Yuka Iguchi as Seiya, Maaya Sakamoto as Taiki and Fumiko Orikasa as Yaten, for starters. Oh yeah, and Aoi Yuuki as Naru.

In the case that Kotono and Tohru do not reprise their roles, I got Emiri Katou doing Usagi and Yuchi Nakamura as Mamoru.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:40   Link #219
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Just dug out my old Sailor Moon CDs. So much good music. So many memories. Even the English songs that they used for emotional sequences bring it all back to me.

Cannot wait for next year's anime!
Old 2012-07-15, 07:02   Link #220
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Who do you have as your dream SM2013 cast? Obviously, Kotono could be reprising her role as Usagi and Tohru his role as Mamoru. For example I like Kana Hanazawa as Ami, Yoko Hikasa as Rei, Ai Nonaka as Makoto, Eri Kitamura as Minako, Rie Kugimiya as Chibiusa, Ami Koshimizu as Haruka, Kaoru Mizuhashi as Michiru, Marina Inoue as Setsuna, Chiwa Saito as Hotaru, Yuka Iguchi as Seiya, Maaya Sakamoto as Taiki and Fumiko Orikasa as Yaten, for starters. Oh yeah, and Aoi Yuuki as Naru.

In the case that Kotono and Tohru do not reprise their roles, I got Emiri Katou doing Usagi and Yuchi Nakamura as Mamoru.
This is such a "meh" cast that I think you forgot to include Aya Hirano somewhere in there.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo