AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 09:41   Link #2801
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
That sounds even more retarded that one of the ranked games I watched last night. One team thought it would be funny if they had Karthus mid and Zyra bottom. They went for a combined 2-15. The other team's Anivia was 10-0. Double counterpicked big time.

Servers are down, looks like it's Syndra time.
Nothing wrong with Karthus mid though.

Anyway lately I noticed a sharp increase in whiners/idiots/retards as well in my games Like that one where I was Irelia with Kassadin mid and the enemy team sent Ziggs top and Graves mid (Draven bot) After giving 1st blood to Graves at like 2min in the game Kass insisted on switching lanes with me whenever he saw a sliver of Graves in his lane and complains all the time how I'm too slow to react and change lane. Meanwhile Ziggs and Graves get all the farm and experience they want and we both end up behind while our Ashe had nothing better to do than complain about our cs and say gg whenever one of us dies.

Or that other game in which 2 others duo queued and insisted on playing double AP bot (Soraka/Ziggs), after all DOUBLE AP TROLLS ALL BOT LANES!!!11 They ended up against Leona/Corki ... of course enemy team got 1st blood bot lane. They proceed to overextend and get killed the whole game.

My only decent game was with other non-rage team mates and we played fairly well to victory, yay!

Had to vent some steam ;_;

Also whoever made that Morgana splash art in champ select must have been on drugs.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2012-09-13 at 09:53.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 09:50   Link #2802
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Must be due to the season 2 rankings. Malz & Ez double bruiser FTL. Anyway, I've had enough for one day, I think 120 elo is enough of a loss...gonna see how it goes tomorrow, quit if it's the same. I don't like Janna anyway :P

Couple of the day: Draven+Zilean, it's like unlimited bladeworks, but limited to 2!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 13:22   Link #2803
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't know how I ended up being able to spectate this game...

Spoiler for Damn...:

But take a look at that scorecard picture. There's one particular player there you should instantly recognise.

In a critical battle at Blue top base turret that decided the game, that player and low health Jax were all that were able to flee vs a high HP Shen, high HP Ezreal, low HP TF and low HP Taric. He somehow isolates Shen and nukes him in 3 secs. He then picks off TF immediately after, who went for the Jax along with Taric. Ezreal finally reaches the chase and takes out Jax. This guy switches to Ezreal. In 3 secs Ezreal is toast. Taric only needs 1 hit. That person somehow survives...how he evaded those four long enough to isolate Shen then pick the better targets in the resulant fray was freaky. I'd also like to point out he got the GA and the LW AFTER that battle. I'd also like to point out he was 4-1 at that point and the Cass was 8-4. And that team kills, gold and turret kills were effectively all equal up to that battle.

Yep, even in solo queue he plays like he does in tournies. Damn...(And yes I did check his stats - 2082 on solo queue and either 90% or 100% won for his most played champs - it's legit)
Old 2012-09-13, 13:54   Link #2804
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If only I could get paired up with guys like Pete xD From what I've seen, Kog'maw is actually the strongest ADC in terms of raw dps, even if he lacks dashes like Graves/Corki/Ezreal/Caitlyn. GJ surviving a TF where Shen got focused first, though...

2k solo Q. Dayum!

Haven't seen anyone play Shen in ranked, since he's perma-banned at my level. Most popular bans:
Spoiler for list:

EDIT: On another note, Syndra's out! Really fun champion to play with: literally pulls golem/lizard, has heavy base damage on her skills and her ultimate with 6 spheres out deals 1080 base damage before calculations. No wonder her AP ratios were nerfed so much...Most fun role to play with Syndra is support. Screw harass, max force of will first, grab enemy minions and lob them over to your side so that your ADC can farm in peace Her major drawback is in fact her passive; all of her skills are average at best until you max them to really see a difference and scatter the weak is very difficult to target before LV5 - and it's probably the last skill you'll be maxing. Awesome zoning potential with QW though, whoever takes a step in Syndra's zone is bound to be hit by her balls in the face.

CDR/Mpen is the offensive way to go on this one.

EDIT 2: New art for Tryndamere and MF, maybe a few more. New GP skin = Big Boss.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-09-14 at 01:44.
Old 2012-09-14, 04:15   Link #2805
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Day 2 of solo Q proceeds with Talon vs Vlad and Heimer vs Malzahar. After seeing players with over 1000 wins and 1200 elo, I'm finally starting to believe in elo hell...
Old 2012-09-14, 09:27   Link #2806
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm not that impressed with Syndra. My main gripe with her is for her to be effective enough, she has to be protected so much in team fights. Her nuking power - awesome. Useful stun too. But...if she gets caught she is toast. Like Phreak said in his spotlight - #1 Stay Safe. I watched a ton of ranked matches last night and any match Syndra was in, her team lost. In team fights, Syndra just gets smashed before her combo gets off enough. It could simply be people getting used to her, but I think the babysitting factor is rather large with Syndra - not a good quality in ranked or competition. It would be intriguing to see some of the top teams finda way to make her work, but I think they will stick with Gragas, Orianna, Zyra, Ryze and the like.
Old 2012-09-14, 11:06   Link #2807
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

People used to think like that with Karma, too. Now look at Karma mid...

Not great enough, maybe, but in no way bad.
Old 2012-09-14, 12:58   Link #2808
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Her difficulty rating is not 100 just for show. She can definitely outfarm her opponents (pretty good attack animation) and stealing blue with force of will is hilarious, since nobody can hit a grabbed monster. Particularly funny when people dash over to you and you just lob it back to where it originally was

As usual, the first few days are highly experimental, so don't expect much.

Quote:
look at Karma mid...
I have to confess it's been months since I saw anyone play Karma in any lane. She's about as underplayed as Trundle in EU.
Old 2012-09-14, 13:01   Link #2809
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I have to confess it's been months since I saw anyone play Karma in any lane. She's about as underplayed as Trundle in EU.
Not many people use her even after what TPA demonstrated in GPL either, probably because the chance to success with her isn't high and it's difficult to play her well. It's best when you have initiator that you can communicate with.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:09   Link #2810
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I remember seeing some really good Karmas a few weeks after her release (waaay back then), mantra shield was the best harass and Lee kick into bonds->fan->shield was just awesome to see.

This really gets me thinking about how many champions are left out of competitive (and general) play, simply discarded or forgotten because of the FOTM champs and safe/easy tactics that have been developed.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:17   Link #2811
Kreceir

Maybe a stupid question but.
What does FOTM means?
Old 2012-09-14, 14:18   Link #2812
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Maybe a stupid question but.
What does FOTM means?
Flavour of the Month/Moment.

Cheers.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:30   Link #2813
Destined_Fate

That's correct... Seems like every patch there's almost always a new FoTM. Which reminds me, is Shen still considered one of the most broken champions around after they buffed him from horrible to competitive?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:36   Link #2814
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yup, you don't see him around in ranked because he keeps getting banned and normals usually have a Shen or two. Interestingly enough, bruiser Shen seems more popular than tank
Old 2012-09-14, 14:48   Link #2815
Destined_Fate

Well he does go top lane and many players believe that if you're top you gotta hit hard later.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:28   Link #2816
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The new Miss Fortune art is ghastly. They've turned her into a mangled female version of Shaco...How'd they manage to turn the MILF feminista into something that stupid?! She looks like something Picasso would have whipped up during a drinking session.
Old 2012-09-14, 17:01   Link #2817
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yup, you don't see him around in ranked because he keeps getting banned and normals usually have a Shen or two. Interestingly enough, bruiser Shen seems more popular than tank
Tournament play doesn't seem near as scared of Shen(though he is picked or banned a lot), because most of the time their top will just take teleport as counter it seems.

And on FoTM given Nunu's tournament performances, I am surprised he hasn't reached FoTM status yet (he is my favored extra ban when I get chance atm, cause I find him really annoying).
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 20:29   Link #2818
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Solo ranked right now with the season rewards announced is mostly a painful test of character. Assuming one's better than the rating played it's just about willpower and endurance. If you're not 2k+ skill level expect to lose a lot of games despite your own performance. It's often that even though you're doing good you can't quite out-carry "that guy" on your team. Don't lose hope and play one ranked game after another without letting it effect you, only analyze your own mistakes - eventually trolls and bad players are subject to the fairness of chaos, they can be on either team.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:11   Link #2819
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ziggs + Aram = Win

I just wooped them, i carried the entire team so much XD
Old 2012-09-15, 00:03   Link #2820
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Solo ranked right now with the season rewards announced is mostly a painful test of character. Assuming one's better than the rating played it's just about willpower and endurance. If you're not 2k+ skill level expect to lose a lot of games despite your own performance. It's often that even though you're doing good you can't quite out-carry "that guy" on your team. Don't lose hope and play one ranked game after another without letting it effect you, only analyze your own mistakes - eventually trolls and bad players are subject to the fairness of chaos, they can be on either team.
I'll admit that I've gotten much better in jungling and playing at bottom lane, either as support or ADC, despite losing most of my games in solo Q. Still, what one person can do is limited to winning a lane and gaining map control. When it's TF time, everyone MUST do everything right: proper initiation, proper follow-up and proper focus (which seems to be the hardest part when I rush with Malphite into the carries, but WW ults Garen and gets countered by Malzahar's silence, who proceeds to ult our carries...3 times in a row).

I don't really mind losing games, I just hate all the attitude that comes with it.

Tags
league of legends, lol