AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 12:38   Link #301
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Apparently Tanaka Rie and Yamadera Koichi married yesterday according on his twitter.

Found it on http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51889622.html
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:48   Link #302
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Not every female seiyuu has to appear in a harem romance, you know. I can't think of any such conventional roles voiced by one of the best women in the business, Kuwashima Houko.
Kuwashima Houko's debuting role as Yurika of Martian Successor Nadesico is most definitely a harem show. There's also Steel Angel Kurumi which is another harem show. In fact Kuwashima Houko's earlier defining works are more on the airheads who falls head-over-heels for the protagonists types. Her cool beauty roles came much later.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 13:08   Link #303
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
apparently tanaka rie and yamadera koichi married yesterday according on his twitter.

Finally!
Old 2012-06-17, 13:25   Link #304
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
There's also Steel Angel Kurumi which is another harem show.
When I first read this I thought you were saying she voiced Kurumi. I haven't seen that show for some time and thought maybe my recollection of Kurumi's voice was off or that Kuwashima's voice had dropped in pitch since then. Well, no, she voices the male lead in that show. Is it really a harem though? She's pretty attached to the boy right from the outset, and I don't recall him being especially attracted to the sisters. If anything, I thought they wanted to seduce Kurumi, though as I say it's been quite a while since I watched that show. Having also watched the yuri-flavored sequel I may be confusing the two.

I should probably watch Martian Successor Nadesico someday because it comes up from time to time.

One of Kuwashima's other early performances that I enjoyed was the uptight young witch Sheila in Mahou Shoujotai Arusu. That role shares some commonalities with her work as Isako in Dennou Coil.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 19:00   Link #305
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Apparently Tanaka Rie and Yamadera Koichi married yesterday according on his twitter.

Lack of attention this is getting here is puzzling, considering how huge a name both of these are in the field.

Hope Yama-chan can hold on to this marriage longer than his last wife, Kanai Mika.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:07   Link #306
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Lack of attention this is getting here is puzzling, considering how huge a name both of these are in the field.

Hope Yama-chan can hold on to this marriage longer than his last wife, Kanai Mika.
Consider the experience of the fanbase in here, that is normal.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:35   Link #307
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well both are in Yamato presently.

Tanaka as Yamamoto
and Yamadera...as Dessler.
Old 2012-06-18, 04:57   Link #308
RJ TAYLER

Well congrats to the newlyweds are to be in order!
Old 2012-06-18, 06:45   Link #309
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

jaw drop WHAT?!

really oh my feeling i got hit face on frying pan on it really i'm just ??? ok now i don't got any words on it to say.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 09:05   Link #310
Siegel Clyne

Veteran Female Seiyuu Who Are Single

Quote:

Something I posted on the Anime News Network Talkback Forum regarding this subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
Someone posted on a Rie Tanaka (age 33) thread at 2ch a list of Japanese voice actresses in their 30s (and a few in their 40s plus one 20 year old erroneously) who are single (I added their age in parentheses):

Michiko Neya (46), Rica Matsumoto (41), Tomoko Kaneda (39), Yukari Tamura (36), Houko Kuwashima (36), Yui Horie (35), Miyu Matsuki (34), Nana Mizuki (32), Rie Kugimiya (33), Chiaki Takahashi (35), Asami Imai (35), Mai Nakahara (31), Ryouko Shintani (31), Natsuko Kuwatani (33), Mamiko Noto (32), Yuuko Gotou (31), Kaori Mizuhashi (37), Ryou Hirohashi (34), Haruna Ikezawa (36), Minami Kuribayashi (36), Minori Chihara (31), Chiwa Saitou (31), Halko Momoi (34), Ai Nonaka (31), Hitomi Nabatame (35), Shizuka Itou (31), Minako Kotobuki (uh, she's only 20), Masumi Asano (34), Megumi Toyoguchi (34), Rina Satou (31), Eriko Nakamura (30), Yuu Kobayashi (30), Mikako Takahashi (32), Misato Fukuen (30), Aya Endou (32), Junko Takeuchi (40), Yuuko Gibu (31), Ai Shimizu (31), Asami Sanada (34), Akemi Kanda (33), and Kana Ueda (32).

A lot of well-known veteran Japanese female seiyuu are apparently unmarried.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 09:45   Link #311
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Career comes first for a lot of modern Japanese women. Seiyuu being no exception.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:54   Link #312
RJ TAYLER

Siegel Clyne

Shizuka Itou, single? Surely you jest, she has a harem (fangirl club; call it what you like)I am led to believe

Coldlight

The same was true for a lot of actresses during the "Golden Years" of Hollywood and beyond lest it was known that she was *gasp* pregnant AND married, the box-office would never recover in her favour if it was found out.
Old 2012-06-19, 11:39   Link #313
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll just add this item:

Tanaka Rie Fan Club Shuts Down

You got married, Rie-chan? Well no more fan love for you!

So Kuwashima is still single? Be still my heart. Of course, I might have to do something to eliminate those pesky competitors like houkoholic!
Old 2012-06-19, 12:29   Link #314
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Seiyuus might also keep the fact they're married private, Arai Satomi announced a couple months ago that she'd been married for 4 years and had a 21 month old baby.

So I wouldn't rule out other seiyuus not talking about being married
Old 2012-06-19, 13:04   Link #315
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

i wonder which of her cosplay he prefers in bed, Lacus or Sugintou
Old 2012-06-19, 15:26   Link #316
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Lets just hope it's not Hiroko from Hataraki Man. She was often too exhausted after returning from the office to do anything with her boyfriend in the evenings! As was he.
Old 2012-06-19, 19:22   Link #317
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll just add this item:

Tanaka Rie Fan Club Shuts Down

You got married, Rie-chan? Well no more fan love for you!
That really sucks about her fan club. Did any of you fanboys really think you had a chance?

But I shouldn't be so negative during a happy occasion such as this. Congratulations Rie-sama! You're a special lady, and I'm glad you have someone to share your life with.

Best of luck to you too, Yamadera. Make this one stick.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:02   Link #318
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
That really sucks about her fan club. Did any of you fanboys really think you had a chance?
Hmmm... ANN describing it as an "official" fan club had me thinking whoever ran the thing had a connection with Tanaka beyond being an "ascended fanboy"... Anyone capable of giving some context to this?

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:40   Link #319
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I though she was running it, but I honestly don't recall anymore. Doesn't effect me listening to her voice.
Old 2012-06-20, 01:42   Link #320
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
There seems to be much more than usual seiyuus albums debut this year. Is there a reason to jump this bandwagon? Are they really believe AKB48 and such going to seiyuu business hurt the overall seiyuu market?

I was afraid they will ended up being another LiSP.
No, I don't think there's anything wrong about the younger members of AKB doing seiyuu work; some of the girls admitted they wanted to be pro seiyuu during initial auditions (prior to their membership) and group discussions, and to become one after "graduating" (honorable discharge) from the group, and 0048 provided a proper place for the girls to hone their voice skills in this field, even though some insist that they should attend a formal seiyuu school.

Happily it seems that during recording sessions the girls are having a good rapport with veteran seiyuu they once admired as kids.