Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 11:34   Link #81
BleachOD
Banned

ER...When is Isshin gonna show up?
Old 2008-06-06, 11:56   Link #82
CC2

I keep thinking that something really huge is going to happen in each of these flashback chapters since most of the end on cliffhangers, but it hasn't really come yet. I think the most important thing to happen - if it does happen- is the explanation of the Hōgyoku/orb of distortion.
It doesn't seem as though there should be a big fight right now unless the flashback continues for longer, so I think that Urahara or Aizen will explain the Hōgyoku creation/use/how it affects the vaizards now.

Anyway it is now a very interesting encouter between Aizen, Gin and Tousen vs Urahara and Tessai. I hope there is some action, like showing how powerful one of them is with some show of power.
Old 2008-06-06, 12:37   Link #83
Boduar

Placing my bet at the end of the next chapter urahara says bankai on the last page and thats the end of the flashbacks ...
Old 2008-06-06, 14:00   Link #84
lequory
People hate good theories

I freaking hope not. That would totally piss me off. I'm off to read the chapter I'll have more to say later on.
Old 2008-06-06, 14:05   Link #85
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I have to agree with folks who found it strange that SS was oblivious to Aizen . Though it can be said the exiles and SS were not in contact due to obvious reasons . But they would have warned SS when the sanin were made captains not as well wishers but for personal reasons of vendetta .

The vizards hate SS but the relationship between SS but Urahra is still approachable . He would have dropped a friendly warning through sources . It quite ludacris SS remained oblivious .
Old 2008-06-06, 14:15   Link #86
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone have an idea of what Isshin was before other than Captain of the Zero squad?
Old 2008-06-06, 14:25   Link #87
kaotika

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
What if Yama is somewhat a genius himself and Urahara's exile is not really an exile but a move to position a key piece in a key location?

This crossed my mind also.

It'd only make sense for Soul Society to send someone as strong and capable as Urahara to guard the spiritual capital of the real world; Not so much for Urahara to maintain an established relationship with SS while Aizen and company climbed the ranks without any suspicion from his peers.
Old 2008-06-06, 14:28   Link #88
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Does anyone have an idea of what Isshin was before other than Captain of the Zero squad?

Where did you find that out? Must have missed that so if you could tell me where they say this it would be great
Old 2008-06-06, 14:35   Link #89
wingzer018

Maybe this has been pointed out before...

Aizen was able to dupe Shinji for a whole month into believing the bald guy to be Aizen himself using Absolute Hypnosis. But what about everyone else in Gotei 13? Aizen's plan would not work if a random scrub (like those patrols in the last chapter) saw Shinji walking around with some bald guy and calling him "Aizen". It seems like these patrols are familiar with at least the Captains and Vice Captains' names. Unless Aizen has the entire Gotei 13 under Absolute Hypnosis, is this a plot hole or am I missing something?
Old 2008-06-06, 14:40   Link #90
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

what if the captains' haori that Isshin wares was his remembrent of his wife and not his??
Old 2008-06-06, 14:42   Link #91
lequory

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzer018 View Post

Aizen was able to dupe Shinji for a whole month into believing the bald guy to be Aizen himself using Absolute Hypnosis. But what about everyone else in Gotei 13? Aizen's plan would not work if a random scrub (like those patrols in the last chapter) saw Shinji walking around with some bald guy and calling him "Aizen". It seems like these patrols are familiar with at least the Captains and Vice Captains' names. Unless Aizen has the entire Gotei 13 under Absolute Hypnosis, is this a plot hole or am I missing something?
Aizen would have to have everyone under hypnosis, but didnt he imply earlier that he showed his release to all the Vice Captains when he displayed the false shikai during the ceremony. Did he do that to everyone? It's only known that the Vice's seen it and hence were under hypnosis, but then later on he said everyone was?

I'll research this topic in full and report back.
Old 2008-06-06, 14:52   Link #92
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I absolutely adored this chapter. Some of the coolest Aizen taunting and ownage since his stabbing hinamori and the "admiration is the furthest thing from understanding" line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'd say his only flaw is his annoying villain-stereotype tendency to explain all his plans once he thinks he's won. Reading that summary made me go "Christ, shut up and stab him already"
Having read the chapter now, it's clear why Aizen was taking his time killing Shinji. He wanted to observe the transformation progress, so that he could collect data. In fact, even his taunting/gloating to Shinji served a purpose of accelerating his transformation. So it wasn't all megalomaina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
Aizen would have to have everyone under hypnosis, but didnt he imply earlier that he showed his release to all the Vice Captains when he displayed the false shikai during the ceremony. Did he do that to everyone? It's only known that the Vice's seen it and hence were under hypnosis, but then later on he said everyone was?

I'll research this topic in full and report back.
Let's think about this a bit more. Even when Aizen "died" during SS arc.......isn't it very probable that other 4th squad members besides Unohana would've seen his fake body at some point? It's hard to credit that only the VCs and captains are under his shikai. I wonder now if he really does have the entire Gotei 13 under his spell.

If he doesn't, there's a very simple (albeit dumb) counter to Aizen's powers:

1) Take some low level grunt, with strong reiatsu sensing abilities.
2) Blind fold aforementioned grunt, so he's not affected by aizen shikai.
3) Hook him up with a walkie talkie kidou telepathy spell
4) And whenever Aizen is fighting a captain, the grunt would follow Aizen's movements.
5) And shout to the captain what Aizen is really doing. (One other captain could be stationed to protect the grunt from attack by Aizen).

Of course, this is the most uncool counter imaginable...........and not something a good writer should actually do...........so I hope Kubo comes with a strong alternative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, if Aizen had a double, doesn't this mean, that there is a 3rd ally of him in SS?
In fact, if Aizen can hypnotize people into seeing doubles at will.......do we even know it's him in duplicate Karakura town after flashback ends? For all we know, it could be a fake stalling the captains, while the real one achieves his goal.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-06-06 at 15:42.
Old 2008-06-06, 16:24   Link #93
lucasd

There are 2 things for Shinji defense (for some pride):
1. He didn't now it was absolute hypnosis, I would guess he thought it was some illusion or invisibility technique

2. Aizen had to train "shadow" and didn't use only hypnosis because he must have calculated that Shinji (given 1) wouldn't see the shinigami replacement, whereas with only hypnosis he could be busted...

But SS being oblivious, given their liking to imprison potentially dangerous is really STRANGE.

How will they explain Tousen being alive (he was in 69 squad)??
Old 2008-06-06, 17:26   Link #94
kaotika

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Of course, this is the most uncool counter imaginable...........and not something a good writer should actually do...........so I hope Kubo comes with a strong alternative.
Mentioning that, it seems relying on a strong counter is the only option. At this point if any weaknesses about Aizen's shikai are 'exposed' it's going to be a complete plot hole given all of the things he's been able to do with it up to this point.

KT's pretty much forced himself into that position unless he wants his story to be insta-flushed.
Old 2008-06-06, 18:01   Link #95
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotika View Post
Mentioning that, it seems relying on a strong counter is the only option. At this point if any weaknesses about Aizen's shikai are 'exposed' it's going to be a complete plot hole given all of the things he's been able to do with it up to this point.
Yeah, it's truly scary. I mean, if Aizen could fake a double of himself.........then who's to say even Yamamoto is the real article? Aizen could just have hypnotized SS into following the bald guy as their commander. There really are no limits.

Next thing you know, it'll be revealed that Aizen kidnapped Rukia, and has hypnotized everyone into believing espada 10 (yammi) is her.
Old 2008-06-06, 20:05   Link #96
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Having read the chapter now, it's clear why Aizen was taking his time killing Shinji. He wanted to observe the transformation progress, so that he could collect data. In fact, even his taunting/gloating to Shinji served a purpose of accelerating his transformation. So it wasn't all megalomaina.
I guess that's marginally better than pure arrogance. Not sure it was worth the data when he planned to kill the test subject any way. Of course, it didn't make much sense to me when he explained his shikai in the SS arc either.

If I were Aizen, I would just let my enemies think I was an invincible god who could perform miracles like reviving myself from the dead and seemingly be two places at once rather tell them I was just creating illusions. The ability is still ridiculously powerful regardless, but if enemies know how it works, they are going to look for ways to counter it and someone clever enough could eventually find a way. Better they be completely oblivious to how the powers work as long as possible.

But Aizen is a villain and that is what they do. If he didn't explain, the story wouldn't make any sense.

Quote:
Yeah, it's truly scary. I mean, if Aizen could fake a double of himself.........then who's to say even Yamamoto is the real article? Aizen could just have hypnotized SS into following the bald guy as their commander. There really are no limits.

Next thing you know, it'll be revealed that Aizen kidnapped Rukia, and has hypnotized everyone into believing espada 10 (yammi) is her.
There are some limits if you consider that Chad and Ishida haven't seen Aizen's shikai yet and Orihime probably hasn't seen it either (at least we've never seen Aizen use the zanpakuto in front her). If we say that Orihime isn't under Aizen's spell, then the Aizen that's currently in Karakura town has to be the real deal.

Come to think of it, Orihime's powers could be pretty useful if she can use her powers to reject Aizen's spell (return someone to a state before they were put under the hypnosis). Or if she could simply reject Aizen's zanpakuto out of existence. I doubt that happening though.

But personally, I hope Kubo won't use this body switch trick twice. That would be pretty lame.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2008-06-06 at 20:16.
Old 2008-06-06, 20:20   Link #97
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzer018 View Post

Well Aizen said that for that whole month that wasn't him following around so yeah, it would be pretty dumb that somone wouldn't of atleast noticed something. Maybe Aizen could of been smart enought to actually attend important occasions next to Shinji like the meeting at the beginning of the flashbacks and then replace himself with the illusion for most of the time, so he could of been putting everyone in an illusion when he was actually there and then replacing himself when he wasn't, however that's way too complicated.

Seriously who knows, before you know it it'll turn out that Aizen forgot to mention that Kyoka Suigetsu also works by sound and it turns out that he just blasted it throughout Soul Society on the intercom.
Old 2008-06-06, 21:31   Link #98
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
"The betrayal you see is trivial. What is truly fearsome is the betrayal you don't see, captain"... as much as I hate the stereotypicality of Aizen, but this line is really scary. What the hell does he have in store?
The betrayal that we haven't seen might be a captain in SS that is a traitor. Maybe Mayuri
Old 2008-06-06, 21:40   Link #99
lequory

Aizen Sousuke

Complete Hynotism

Controls all five of the senses, creating a single figure, form, energy, touch, and smell. It can deceive the enemy with all of those. Once your caught you can't release yourself from it even if you realize your caught unless Aizen breaks the shikai in front of you.

In even more simpler terms once he shows you his shikai anything he wishes for you to see...you'll definitely see it.

Now that my research is done and I've read the chapter... in order for Aizen to execute his plan he had to show his shikai to everyone of lower class in order for the fake to be seen as him. Kyouka Suigestu is an overpowered shikai but thats not what this post is about. Now for him to get shinji caught in his shikai he had to sneak around and let shinji come to him, hence the scene where it looks like shinji swiped his shikai away. That had to be the precise moment where he caught shinji. Now as far as the rest of the captains being caught, we do remember the ceremony he performed for the vice captains right, we have no way of knowing when he caught the current captains. Most likely he pulled his shikai out on them when he was walking around with shinji and they came upon them then he hid like he did with shinji and pulled it out, made them believe the bald dude was him and then put his plans into place.

Damn I hope this helps others..some of what i said is just speculation using situations that had already happened and trying to piece them all together using the anime and all the pendulum chapters to make an educated guess at deciphering how Aizen used his shikai on everyone. I'm beat now..going back to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. Peace
Old 2008-06-06, 21:57   Link #100
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Talking about Aizen's absolute hypno:

You see, the thing is that actually its US Aizen has hypnotized, he hypnotized us into believing there's this uber cool anime/manga thingy called Bleach, hypnotized us to create forums, fanclubs, fanfics, fanart and many more when in fact, Aizen is but Kubo Tite.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, turn back the pendulum