AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 13:56   Link #21
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well, I liked Wonder Wind and HINA.

Still it was time for new OP and ED.

I thought the ending was nice and cute about Nagi's very tsundere attitude towards love.

But, I thought the animation leaned towards a little too cutesy.

The OP...

What. The. Heck! It looks like some random jumble of dramatic scenes mixed with over the top fanservice- even the art didn't seem consistent.

I mean you have some moments that could have been touching and revealing (Nagi's mother morphing into Hayate) but it's mixed with bouncy boob and butt shots.

What a mess. Also the fanservice was much more explicit then the usual tongue in cheek stuff. Ugh... I do not want to watch it ever again... maybe the lyrics are better, but the visuals are too distracting to follow it.
Old 2009-08-01, 14:11   Link #22
xellos2099

Hina so full or emotion this time. First, the desire to get white day present, then the regret of no giving the chocolate to Hayate when she had the chance. Also the small sadness when she told Hayate of which cookie to get and finally the extreme joke of receiving cookie from Hayate.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:25   Link #23
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
what chapters in the manga cover the next arc that´ll be airing in the anime?
Old 2009-08-02, 08:16   Link #24
shiroYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Hina so full or emotion this time. First, the desire to get white day present, then the regret of no giving the chocolate to Hayate when she had the chance. Also the small sadness when she told Hayate of which cookie to get and finally the extreme joke of receiving cookie from Hayate.
Haha, i suppose u mean 'joy' instead of 'joke' right ?
& I totally love Hina's expression when she received the cookies! she was so cute!
Old 2009-08-02, 16:32   Link #25
xellos2099

Yes I meant joy lol.
Old 2009-08-02, 18:26   Link #26
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
just watched this ep
i've been following this second season for a while now but this ep specifically just sealed the deal for me
hina-chan daisuki
IMO its almost ridicules how superior Hinagiku is to the other potential candidates in this love Dodecahedron (no offence ment to anyone who disagrees)
Old 2009-08-03, 23:41   Link #27
Neogen
White Wind

Send a message via AIM to Neogen
Well, seeing as the main topic seems to be openings and endings, I'll start with that.

The opening started off suprisingly, song wise anyway. It only lasted 1 minute and 7 - 10 seconds, so did some get cut off? Either way, it seemed to start off kind of abruptly. I expected a transition into lyrics, or some sort of rise into the pace of the song. Besides that, the opening was good. I liked the emphasis on future scenes and a higher sense of action. The fan-service was iffy. It was a bit much, but it didn't take up too much time if you really think about it, but it still bothers me.

The ending was interesting. I haven't seen any of their character songs mind you, so I didn't know what to expect. It was pretty good I thought, though the scenes in the ending were strange. I'm not sure why, I just felt like something was missing or off.

I personally enjoyed the first opening and ending, but the new opening is very good as well. The new ending is pretty good, but I guess I liked the first one more. I too thought it was wierd to focus on one character for an ending, but I didn't let it bother me.

The episode was very good. I liked the drill bit (pun and reference on my part XD). All joking aside, Hayate's bad luck struck again. Still, the episode seemed quaint to me, and I really liked the feel to it.

Also, I definately think they'll get past all scenes present in this theme at least this season. I'm pretty sure there are many episodes left. In fact, they may get past them all with just this theme, then go onto the next. How far away is it really? It seems like maybe 25 chapters or so. That's probably 12-17 episodes. Maybe more if they drag it out.
Old 2009-08-04, 00:23   Link #28
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neogen View Post
The opening started off suprisingly, song wise anyway. It only lasted 1 minute and 7 - 10 seconds, so did some get cut off? Either way, it seemed to start off kind of abruptly. I expected a transition into lyrics, or some sort of rise into the pace of the song. Besides that, the opening was good. I liked the emphasis on future scenes and a higher sense of action. The fan-service was iffy. It was a bit much, but it didn't take up too much time if you really think about it, but it still bothers me.
Well that is basically my exact feelings on the OP. I jumped when it started because it started with Hina and Ayumu which surprised me. I would have expected Nagi and Hayate to be the first characters due to the whole "main character status" but whatever.

ED was okay. I preferred Hina because this one felt way too cutesy and cartoony, even for Hayate. And the scenes were a little strange but whatever. I rarely watch EDs anyways.

The episode itself was awesome. I loved many of the jokes and puns, especially the drill one and when Hina figured out that Hayate did something wrong. Hina was awesome in this episode of course and Nishizawa had a great scene with Hayate when she accepted his chocolates. Maria was also great, reminding us that she is the super maid.

Maybe Hayate should work at that cafe a lot. They mention in one of the chapters of the manga that the cafe isn't doing very well. All Hayate needs to do is work there when he knows he needs to finish something soon and BOOM! tons of customers.

The thing that really surprised me now that I think about it was the scene with Sakuya in the bunny outfit in the OP. I doubt we will actually see that in one of the episodes... right?

Old 2009-08-04, 04:13   Link #29
SimplyBill
King

Those who didn't enjoy the OP video sucks! How can you not enjoy meido Isumi?
Old 2009-08-04, 15:53   Link #30
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

bunny-girl Sakuya is actually what caught my interest.
Old 2009-08-04, 21:40   Link #31
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Is it bad that the teasepinchkiss followed by a "bitch please" slap moment between Kotetsu and Hayate was the part that garnered the most attention from me? Nagi, Hina, and Ayumu were close seconds, I swear.
Old 2009-08-05, 19:00   Link #32
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Ah, this was a great episode. The humor was funny throughout, and Hinagiku was ridiculously cute again.

One thing, J.C.Staff. Learn subtlety. We don't need glitter and oversaturation... 5 [?] times in one episode. All that glitter and stuff ruins the scene since you do it so much.
Old 2009-08-05, 19:23   Link #33
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well well well .

New op Fanservice with news characters . New ed too focused on Nagi . Well I'm not a Nagi's fan .
Ahah hilarious episode .
Specially the park's part and the coffee's part .
The cookings was great XD
Hina need some love ow .
Old 2009-08-06, 04:07   Link #34
rgy

After seeing this episode i became pretty sure of one thing:
J.C. Staff is ruining everything, Season01 was far better. With this much fanservice and this mainstream feeling, i think the series has distanced itself from its origins, started to loose the most important thing. This is no longer the magnificent, unique world Hata-sensei created.

Anyway, there are still great characters and exciting story (thanks to the manga),
so its worth watching.
Old 2009-08-06, 07:44   Link #35
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You know , Fanservice and Loli are Author's priority now lol
Old 2009-08-06, 08:14   Link #36
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I wonder when (if at all) Maria will start to like Hayate like Hinagiku does. She didn't show much emotion when she got that chocolate.
Old 2009-08-06, 14:08   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
The new OP was awful...I think it is just as bad as the first OP. The ED wasn't so bad but I still love HINA more. Plus K Rie's voice is as grating to my ears as ever >.>

A simple and nice episode this. Maria and Nagi are acting a bit OOC for my tastes though. As if Nagi had to tell Maria to think about why Hayate would give her cookies in the first place and as if Nagi didn't go into her jealous "where is my gift" mode. Yea, OOC.

I LOLed at Hayate's bad luck at the cafe shop...or rather his luck is all given to people around him, that is some good business for the owner all of a sudden

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-06, 14:45   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgy View Post
After seeing this episode i became pretty sure of one thing:
J.C. Staff is ruining everything, Season01 was far better. With this much fanservice and this mainstream feeling, i think the series has distanced itself from its origins, started to loose the most important thing. This is no longer the magnificent, unique world Hata-sensei created.

Anyway, there are still great characters and exciting story (thanks to the manga),
so its worth watching.
Wait, what? I haven't gotten very far in the manga yet, but from all the opinions I've read up to this point, people seemed to have been saying that this anime adaptation is very true to the romance-centric storylines in the manga, and it was the first season that took too many liberties. That, if anything, this season was truer to the "magnificent, unique world Hata-sensei created" with it's more plot-centric feel and straight-from-the-manga story. And now it's the opposite all of a sudden?

Of course, I understand both the first and second seasons featured different approaches to adapting the same work, and each approach will have people who favour it, but isn't being more or less true to the manga more of an objective comment?

In any case, I'm still liking both seasons a lot, with a slight edge to this current one I suppose.
Old 2009-08-06, 17:21   Link #39
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I think that person is just being silly.

The only thing so far that has had too much fanservice is the OP, and that was part of a joke if you read the translated lyrics.
Old 2009-08-06, 20:26   Link #40
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Still stuck on ep 15, but i jumped ahead to check out the new OP and ED. I am not a fan of either. First off, replacing Hina is a big strike no matter how good the actual song is. Second, im not the biggest fan of Nagi, and her singing didn't help. Hayate's VA actually has a decent singing voice, but its too hard matching her feminine voice to Hayate.

For the OP, didn't like it very much. The song is half decent and some scenes, like Hayate's fight and the final scene are well done, but the over the top fanservice and returning to the synthesizer for there main chorus tune just kills it.
Closed Thread