AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 05:43   Link #201
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
^^ I believe it has been done before, but I'm not sure. I'm guessing Maria Holic.

^ What he meant is that the show seems like a harem with a male MC at first, but the MC is later revealed to be female.
Right.

The opposite has been done at least twice before (guy pretends to be a girl, becomes the center of "yuri" attraction).

But I've never seen a girl pretend to be a guy, and attract all these girls to "him".

It would feel like conventional harem until the last few episodes, when it turns into a more pure yuri show.
Old 2012-11-29, 05:48   Link #202
Insane
Banned

Personally i prefer all-girls shows because it's always involving camaraderie and close friendship among the girls, unlike harem where the girls see each other as rivals and have tendency to defeat each other in favor of the MC's attention.

Meh, when it comes to romanticism, the harem is kind of the worst thing japanese modern entertainment pulled off, going for a triangle love or square is ok but after this it's becoming too bothersome. Both for the readers and the author, the former see the number of heroines exponantially increase and perfectly knows that if the MC only choosing one girl, it will hurt the others and the latter is forced to give a more or less equal time of appearance for each, which lead to non sensical situation like making the girl fall for the MC after only one or two ecchi flag.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 05:50   Link #203
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

All-boys show can also have those things as well

Also last I've checked, all girls series aren't exactly free from those ugly things as well, only this time it's not focused and oozing out of every pores...

But this is like going around in circles -_-;

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-29 at 06:00.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 05:59   Link #204
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I have a good plot where pseudo-yuri relation could occur.

A straight girl enrolls into an all girl school and she became the interest of many girls since she's pretty good in everything plus she's good in sports. She's pretty boyish in nature but has a boyfriend who she thought is studying abroad who she has constant communication with. She tells him her problem and he assures her that he'll "help" her no matter what.

One day, a new transfer student has entered the school and a bishoujo. In her shocked, the "girl" says she likes her though they just met. Not knowing it was actually her boyfriend cross dressing.

Now the "girl" is sharing the room with her and teases her by pervertly who is actually just trying to get intimate or testing her faithful for him. Too bad the other girls knew about the "girl's" advances and wants totry to compete for the female MCs affection!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-11-29 at 06:23.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 06:26   Link #205
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Right.

The opposite has been done at least twice before (guy pretends to be a girl, becomes the center of "yuri" attraction).

But I've never seen a girl pretend to be a guy, and attract all these girls to "him".

It would feel like conventional harem until the last few episodes, when it turns into a more pure yuri show.
I believe I've read a shoujo manga which title escapes me where the girl MC is posing as a boy in a live-in and all-boys school (and I actually like it).
===

I prefer neither harem nor all-girls show, because I like both. I even read/watch shoujo oriented reverse harem shows. Each genre is probably exaggerating certain aspects and there are merits to each of them, so personally I think it's not the genre that should 'mix', but the watcher that should mix his/her watch list/read list.

But anyways, if we're talking about "balance". Shows like Kyoukaisanjou no Horizon or EF or Oretsuba(well, at first), and then Durarara and Baccano, where there are quite a lot of girls but also a lot of male and not every girl is fixated on a single protagonist.

These are now seemingly rarer, probably because it is harder to write/work on, but indeed they can give greater sense of satisfaction if done right.
Old 2012-11-29, 08:15   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
There should be all kinds of harem sets in one show. The generic one, the violent one, the all-imouto one, all trap one, yuri one....

And then suggest this idea to Ryogo Narita, and tell her to have fun.

Screw it- A sitcom then, sponsored by Dengeki Bunko. Put seven of their Harem protagonists living together in one dorm and have their various Haremettes drop in every week.

Kirigaya "Chuunibyou" Kazuto
Kamijou "Masochist" Touma
Arita "Fat Kid" Haruyuki
Aoi "Exihibitionist" Toori
Hasegawa "Lolicon" Subaru
Kousaka "Siscon" Kyousuke
Kanda "Tsukkomi" Sorata

*Why Sorata even though he's not a harem protagonist? Because it's a misunderstanding of course!*

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-29 at 09:15.
Old 2012-11-29, 08:47   Link #207
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Screw it- A sitcom then, sponsored by Dengeki Bunko. Put seven of their Harem protagonists living together in one dorm and have their various Haremettes drop in every week.

Kamijou "Misfortune" Touma
Arita "Fat Kid" Haruyuki
Kanda "Tsukkomi" Sorata

*Why Sorata even though he's not a harem protagonist? Because it's a misunderstanding of course!*
HOLY SHIT, that's an awesome sitcom you've thought of there. But who you do you think has the most PRO harem handling skills? For me, it's a toss-up between Touma and Subaru.

And oh, Sorata doesn't really count, but I guess he would fit that show all right.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:51   Link #208
Ridwan

This idea has been in my mind : I've always wanted to see a harem consisted of girls whose personalities would represent these girls respectively :

> Miyazawa Yukino (KareKano)
> Fuyumi Irisu (Hyouka)
> Watashi (Jintai)
> Inaba Himeko (Kokoro Connect)
Old 2012-11-29, 09:19   Link #209
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
HOLY SHIT, that's an awesome sitcom you've thought of there. But who you do you think has the most PRO harem handling skills? For me, it's a toss-up between Touma and Subaru.
If you ask me? None of them But that's the point

Also, I couldn't think of a good one earlier, but Kamijou-san is quite a Masochist eh? So I've changed accordingly.

Quote:
And oh, Sorata doesn't really count, but I guess he would fit that show all right.
Exactly, it's because he doesn't belong that's why he'll be working to escape from this new dorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
This idea has been in my mind : I've always wanted to see a harem consisted of girls whose personalities would represent these girls respectively :

> Miyazawa Yukino (KareKano)
> Fuyumi Irisu (Hyouka)
> Watashi (Jintai)
> Inaba Himeko (Kokoro Connect)
Good Luck
Old 2012-11-29, 09:23   Link #210
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:

Arita "Fat Kid" Haruyuki
Kanda "Tsukkomi" Sorata
Somebody please fund this crossover show, now!
Old 2012-11-29, 09:28   Link #211
Eragon
Still Alive

I don't really care whether harem or all-girls(although I am a huge yuri fan). As long as the characters develop believably and behave like they have a brain in their head I'm fine. I do like the bromances like the one between Guts-Griffiths. But it seems to pull something like that in todays shows without the viewers going all *OMG Yaoi* seems quite difficult *sigh*
And if you want a good harem leader look at Iono - she's the perfect harem lead. Loving, caring, cherry and NOT at all oblivious to the affections of her harem.
Old 2012-11-29, 09:43   Link #212
Insane
Banned

Quote:
I vote for Touma.

Reason :

I have one primary requirement for any harem anime whether it be stereotypical romcom or not: A harem lead has to EARN all those heroines that want him. This is why most harem stories fail for me, they just become bland people who get girls because they were “nice guys”. And unlike other male leads where the girls simply getting close to them, he’s actually out there TRYING to get the girls to like him, which makes his position as harem male lead makes some sense.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 09:52   Link #213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
You make it sound like it's "just as planned"
Old 2012-11-29, 10:09   Link #214
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
And if you want a good harem leader look at Iono - she's the perfect harem lead. Loving, caring, cherry and NOT at all oblivious to the affections of her harem.
So if you would take Iono as a learning experience, how should harem leads respond to the affections of their respective harems without making them out into creeps or womanizers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I vote for Touma.

Reason :

I have one primary requirement for any harem anime whether it be stereotypical romcom or not: A harem lead has to EARN all those heroines that want him. This is why most harem stories fail for me, they just become bland people who get girls because they were “nice guys”. And unlike other male leads where the girls simply getting close to them, he’s actually out there TRYING to get the girls to like him, which makes his position as harem male lead makes some sense.
Not to mention his harem handling skills is so awesome it's almost unbelievable. I mean, there's a reason for it. You know you have one of the most overpowered harems in history, when he just can't choose anyone as his true love. Because whoever he chooses, he's screwed.
Old 2012-11-29, 11:42   Link #215
Ridwan

Quote:
Good Luck
Why not bloodbath of conspiracies ? It'd be fun

Too bad that Watashi (arguably my most favorite of all) will most likely back off the first. That should be rather easily preventable however.

Last edited by Ridwan; 2012-11-29 at 20:46.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 07:43   Link #216
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Arita "Fat Kid" Haruyuki
Kanda "Tsukkomi" Sorata

Actually, let's make them gay for each other with their "haremettes" trying to win them back from the other guy.

But yeah, actually, that list (give or take several other similar or non-similar MCs inside there) is one hell of a big god damn wet bro-est dream waiting to happen.

Toori seems a bit too awkward there, he'd fit better with MCs such as Tomoki (Sora no Otoshimono).

But throw in Kampfer Form Natsuru (Kampfer) in there for some good measure. And several other similar MCs who can transform into girls to balance the amount of sausages present. If there are trap MCs then they are fair game.

PROFIT EVERYWHERE!

... That had to be a very messed up idea of a harem I just thought of...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:16   Link #217
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I vote for Touma.

Reason :

Didn't you just describe Sakura Taisen?

Captain Ohgami is a badass incarnate.
Old 2012-12-19, 07:21   Link #218
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Screw harems and "cute girls doing cute things" all-female casts... I'd just like to see some yuri aimed at actual gay women...

A niche demographic inside a niche demographic inside a niche entertainment medium... wow, I really have no hope, do I?
Old 2012-12-19, 07:23   Link #219
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Some only watch "all-harem anime" in hope of that "yuri" will appear somewhere along the way... sometimes 50% it will happen....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 07:33   Link #220
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Screw harems and "cute girls doing cute things" all-female casts... I'd just like to see some yuri aimed at actual gay women...

A niche demographic inside a niche demographic inside a niche entertainment medium... wow, I really have no hope, do I?
You mean a lesbian anime where girls can act like bitches, or *gasp* real people, instead of the idealized creatures we see in anime? Where we can see them struggling against their own parents, siblings and friends because of their sexual orientation, where classmates or workmates tries to steal one from the other? Unfortunately, not gonna happen unless an actual lesbian writes an naime about it.