AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-12-23, 00:03   Link #1
Seiryuu

AcchiKocchi-like comedy series

I enjoy watching anime with a friend, and have made it through a lot of stuff, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions. I'll watch just about anything for two or three eps to see if there's anything remotely interesting. My friend's pickier, so finding stuff we'd both like is difficult. I've found that the best fall into three categories.
What I'm looking for with this thread is, like the title suggests, comedy-focused series similar to Acchi-Kocchi. Some degree of plot, even if it's slim, is preferable, but it's got to be funny. And something relatively clean. I'm cool with ecchi humor like you get in Seitokai Yakuindomo, but not so much for my friend. Some degree of ecchi, or even occasional fanservice is one thing, but SYD is too far.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 00:16   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Have you tried Kiniro Mosaic?
Old 2013-12-23, 09:28   Link #3
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Have you tried Kiniro Mosaic?
Seen it, watched all but the last one or two eps.
Old 2013-12-23, 19:56   Link #4
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

First season of Hayate no Gotoku.

More recent examples would be GJ-Club, Kore no Zombie (2 seasons), and Nyaruko-San (2 seasons). GJ-Club is fairly slow-paced though.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 20:12   Link #5
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Acchi-kocchi and SYD is rather a huge leap from each other, but if you like SYD then maybe you like B-Gata H-Kei.

Closer to Acchi-Kocchi would probably be something like Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, and Denpa Onna though the comedy in that one is rather hard to pick up for some. Working and ServantxService could also probably fit here.

Siimlar to Kinmosa and GJ-Bu would perhaps be Non Non Biyori, C3-bu (NOT CCC/C3, different show and genre entirely), A-Channel, Dog Days.

There's also the comedy gold duo: Nagasarete Airantou and Seto no Hanayome. (they're a duo for me because they aired at the same time period )

Ah and as a side note, if you're looking for something to watch with a lot of friends, go for Kill-La-Kill. Preferably go watch it where noise wouldn't be too much of a problem
Old 2013-12-23, 21:32   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

See, the problem for me is that I absolutely _love_ Acchi Kocchi and it is hard for me to find another series with the same comedic ... err ... style? methods? ... that work as well for me.

Kiniro Mosaic worked for me, but in a different way, same with GJ-bu (both good suggestions, btw).

Servant x Service was good, but not on the same level humor wise for me.

Inu x Boku SS has humor in it that doesn't get old for me, in a similar way as Acchi Kocchi's does not, but it is a very different series, of course.

Hayate no Gotoku can be extraordinarily funny at times, but I find the manga way more funny that the anime for whatever reason.... Possibly Hayate no Gotoku's sense of humor is closer to Acchi Kocchi's than any other example I can think of at the moment.....
Old 2014-01-03, 16:41   Link #7
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Acchi-kocchi and SYD is rather a huge leap from each other, but if you like SYD then maybe you like B-Gata H-Kei.

Closer to Acchi-Kocchi would probably be something like Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, and Denpa Onna though the comedy in that one is rather hard to pick up for some. Working and ServantxService could also probably fit here.

Siimlar to Kinmosa and GJ-Bu would perhaps be Non Non Biyori, C3-bu (NOT CCC/C3, different show and genre entirely), A-Channel, Dog Days.

There's also the comedy gold duo: Nagasarete Airantou and Seto no Hanayome. (they're a duo for me because they aired at the same time period )

Ah and as a side note, if you're looking for something to watch with a lot of friends, go for Kill-La-Kill. Preferably go watch it where noise wouldn't be too much of a problem
We've watched some of these and I'm going to look into some of the others. Funny thing, my friend asked to quit Dog Days after a while saying that it had too much "loli" fanservice.
Old 2014-01-03, 17:52   Link #8
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

How about the Hidamari Sketch series? The mode of presentation can take some getting used to for some people, but it really is good - though slightly lighter/subtle in humor than acchi kocchi....