AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 21.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 31.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-28, 15:14   Link #81
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
What's the significance?
It's a precedent set by Sunrise mecha shows. :v
Old 2013-11-28, 15:17   Link #82
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
ps. Anyone else found it weird that all the Jior scientists went missing at a convenient time?
Yes, that was the final nail in the coffin that had me really on edge when they had that assembly.
Almost expected shit to go down in that gym, Code Geass style, so it merely being the somewhat predictable "killing" of Saki came across comparatively anticlimatic.

Nonetheless, getting weird vibes from them. Not sure they or their tech are trustworthy.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:18   Link #83
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
What's the significance?
I think Saki's getting a Z-Gundam style hostage exchange

Ie: We have Saki is this capsule. Do you have what we need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Yes, that was the final nail in the coffin that had me really on edge when they had that assembly.
Almost expected shit to go down in that gym, Code Geass style, so it merely being the somewhat predictable "killing" of Saki came across comparatively anticlimatic.

Nonetheless, getting weird vibes from them. Not sure they or their tech are trustworthy.
I think Eireen (the reporter girl) might be a Magius or Dorsian spy
M77 is already inflitrated
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-28, 15:18   Link #84
_Misfit

The first few posts on this thread led me to believe that I should give up hope in A-drei showing a little more of his human side. I was ready to be wrong about him. But if anything, after watching the episode, I'm even more convinced that A-drei has a heart. This was the most I've ever seen him look unsure about anything. And I have a feeling that he will be visiting Saki more while she is captive in her cell.

So pretty much every image from the second season teaser from episode 12 has come to pass...except for one. I wonder if L-elf will start to feel that, without Lise, there's nothing really keeping him with Haruto and the others and he will leave them for Dorssia again. Sucks to see my man L-elf like this.

Anyway, my lady and I are off to visit our folks. Have a safe thanksgiving everyone!
Old 2013-11-28, 15:27   Link #85
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

How can Saki be still happy after all this shit is totally beyond me. She is probably the most strong willed main female character I ever seem in my life. Although I don't liked the HaruSaki pairing, I still wish that Haruto hopefully can picked Saki. She really deserved it.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:34   Link #86
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

From the image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
In their place, I would do this counter video:
"You just saw this girl be stabbed to death, but she revived.
She is immortal.
How about it? Do you want to be immortal as well?
I can make anyone into an immortal. Join us, and eternal life can be yours."

Sure, I'd be lying, but hell, Cain just showed people immortals exist, and Haruto can make people immortal. I don't know about you, but I'd want to join the guys that can make me immortal.
Which is why I think that while they'll go through a bit of a witch hunt, Haruto and the gang will have some supporters.

People that sympathize and people that want what they have: Immortality.

I wouldn't be surprised if ARUS would want an "Immortal" fighting force.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:36   Link #87
Sakuratsuki

Damn that was a dirty action of magius.

And poor Saki, looks what I said last week was true. They use and abuse Saki like she is just some rubish. They better give her a good ending.

Poor L-elf, hopefully he will be back again next time. Because of L-elf and Saki, that's why I like Valvrave so much. The most interesting
characters are being mind raped and tortured this season.

HarutoxSaki won't happen I think, i'm sure about that. I predict some distance between shoko and Haruto because of the i'm a monster thing and in the end, they will be together. Because the romance devolpment in this anime is just very very bad. So I don't think they will do something very unnexpected in this area.

Edit: @Skullfaerie don't forget the bodybag. And when they left her on earth. Yes they mentioned her a couple of times. But she is a friend of the main cast. I expected some more emotions towards Saki. But it was like, whe can't do nothing about it, just enjoy the moment, we will save her later. Maybe I look to much in this. But can't shake the feeling off me that Saki, is being treeted this season like a rubish character.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-11-28 at 15:49.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:37   Link #88
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ Apart from the rape, she's pretty standard on the suffering scale for an immortal, tbh. They tend to get over things like occasional stabbings ridiculously easy, at least in the long run. Note how no one made a big fuss when she was shot earlier this season. This isn't really different, except for how it was presented. Not worried about her, she'll be fine. Immortals everywhere have had much worse

Keyboard Yeah, pretty sure she is. Someone should've seen that coming, really. Was all too smooth sailing on Shoko's side of things to be true.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:43   Link #89
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
^ Apart from the rape, she's pretty standard on the suffering scale for an immortal, tbh. They tend to get over things like occasional stabbings ridiculously easy, at least in the long run. Note how no one made a big fuss when she was shot earlier this season. This isn't really different, except for how it was presented. Not worried about her, she'll be fine. Immortals everywhere have had much worse

Keyboard Yeah, pretty sure she is. Someone should've seen that coming, really. Was all too smooth sailing on Shoko's side of things to be true.
The bodybag, remember the bodybag. Even A-drei looked at her with regret. :/
Old 2013-11-28, 15:59   Link #90
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
The proposal did far more damage. I think for Saki most of her pain is emotional. It feels as if she's constantly being rejected. Constantly trying to find a place, but that never really working out. And it's kinda clear to me that she really doesn't have any close friends besides Aina.

I feel that she tried to have a camaraderie with fellow Valvrave pilots but obviously that didn't work out either. I though the were going to build up her friendship with Akira, but that also didn't happen.

The only other person she opens up to is Haruto, and he probably is afraid of her. I feel that she is alone, physically and emotionally.

I'm not even sure how she will process her current condition. Anger, because she was captured? Frustration, because she gave the enemy a reason to expose Kamitsuki?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-28, 16:02   Link #91
LightDragonman

Considering that no one gave a rip about her situation except for Haruto, it really does feel like she has no one to turn to.

I really hope someone is able to comfort her, be it Haruto, A'Drei, or anyone. Just show that she has people who truly care about her.
Old 2013-11-28, 16:02   Link #92
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The proposal did far more damage. I think for Saki most of her pain is emotional. It feels as if she's constantly being rejected. Constantly trying to find a place, but that never really working out. And it's kinda clear to me that she really doesn't have any close friends besides Aina.

I feel that she tried to have a camaraderie with fellow Valvrave pilots but obviously that didn't work out either. I though the were going to build up her friendship with Akira, but that also didn't happen.

I feel that she is alone, physically and emotionally.
She's always been kind of damaged in all sorts of ways; therefore, it could be sadly understandable why she's still sane in the future. She's already used to many types of things, especially when it comes to physical and mental distress. There's this thing in media, where' if your immortal, it's suddenly okay to "hurt" you, because your immortal, regardless of any psychological trauma.
Old 2013-11-28, 16:29   Link #93
Sakuratsuki

Is there some news about new episodes? after this season?

Because how are they gonna wrap up all the things that are happening right now in just 4 episodes?

It will be a rushed ending. If they do that. And let us not the forget the future time.
Old 2013-11-28, 16:42   Link #94
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

People still using that R wo-
Quote:
Because how are they gonna wrap up all the things that are happening right now in just 4 episodes?

It will be a rushed ending.
I have to disagree, there have been plenty of mecha anime that managed to wrap up everything within four episodes (Great Mazinger, Getter Robo G, Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED and Destiny, Aquarion, Gravion, Gun X Sword, Godannar, Zegapain, Xabungle, Dunbine, L.Gaim, etc.). I would recommend giving it another episode before concluding whether the end will be rushed or not.
Old 2013-11-28, 16:48   Link #95
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
People still using that R wo-

I have to disagree, there have been plenty of mecha anime that managed to wrap up everything within four episodes (Great Mazinger, Getter Robo G, Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED and Destiny, Aquarion, Gravion, Gun X Sword, Godannar, Zegapain, Xabungle, Dunbine, L.Gaim, etc.). I would recommend giving it another episode before concluding whether the end will be rushed or not.
I think some people are more focused on the future story line (I for one definitely am) and it's unlikely that it will be explained much this season. :v
Old 2013-11-28, 17:06   Link #96
alluka

SUNRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!! Stop making people suffer! Just stop!

What a depressing episode, it started all bittersweet with the VVV returning home and went downhill at the end. It hit me more than Marie and Lieselotte's death. L-Elf emoing in a corner, Shoko strong but still oblivious only to be struck by the cruel truth at the worst moment, team A-Drei sharing H-Neun's earrings and and Saki the tragic heroine

The Arus president was kind of a d***, but it couldn't be helped.

God, each episode make want want to speed time so it can be Thursday.
Old 2013-11-28, 17:07   Link #97
Piesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
She's always been kind of damaged in all sorts of ways; therefore, it could be sadly understandable why she's still sane in the future. She's already used to many types of things, especially when it comes to physical and mental distress. There's this thing in media, where' if your immortal, it's suddenly okay to "hurt" you, because your immortal, regardless of any psychological trauma.
Yeah, I feel like immortals tend to go through so many horrible things, but the psychological issues are always written off and ignored. Saki kinda of reminds me of C.C from CG right now. I hope she doesn't turn out to be as aloof as C.C, with that apathetic attitude.

Anyway, this episode wasn't as shocking to me as others made it out to be. Namely because it was predictable. When I saw Cain holding that sword like thing I half expected him to behead her! But no, we got a blood bath instead. Pretty horrible, but expected from Valvrave.

Really curious about Eileen and the scientists..

Also, A-Drei is just becoming more and more likeable. Hoping him and X-Eins with join forces. I knew H-Nein must've left some information for x-eins!

And of course, poor L-ELf..hoping he gets out of his rut soon. I wonder what his reaction to lise's goal/being a magius will be, and I wonder how he assumed that she died? I don't think he figured it out..but knowing him he actually might have. Because he did see that green light.. guess we'll see
Old 2013-11-28, 17:09   Link #98
LightDragonman

Yeah, I have a feeling that H-Nuen left the recordings in that earpiece of his. Who knows, maybe that's why X-Eins is the one handing over Saki, as he finally learned of Cain's true intentions.

As for Q-Vier, I wonder if he's gonna be the only one who stands with Cain by the time it's all over.
Old 2013-11-28, 17:14   Link #99
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piesum View Post
Yeah, I feel like immortals tend to go through so many horrible things, but the psychological issues are always written off and ignored. Saki kinda of reminds me of C.C from CG right now. I hope she doesn't turn out to be as aloof as C.C, with that apathetic attitude.

Anyway, this episode wasn't as shocking to me as others made it out to be. Namely because it was predictable. When I saw Cain holding that sword like thing I half expected him to behead her! But no, we got a blood bath instead. Pretty horrible, but expected from Valvrave.

Really curious about Eileen and the scientists..

Also, A-Drei is just becoming more and more likeable. Hoping him and X-Eins with join forces. I knew H-Nein must've left some information for x-eins!

And of course, poor L-ELf..hoping he gets out of his rut soon. I wonder what his reaction to lise's goal/being a magius will be, and I wonder how he assumed that she died? I don't think he figured it out..but knowing him he actually might have. Because he did see that green light.. guess we'll see
There's also the possibility that Liselotte didn't completely die yet. Magius are spiritual beings (aliens, it's always hard to tell with aliens; the universe is so massive and diverse that it's impossible to really rule out anything when it comes to aliens), it's possible that a fragment of her still exists somewhere. That may explain the ED, I hope .
Old 2013-11-28, 17:17   Link #100
Piesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
There's also the possibility that Liselotte didn't completely die yet. Magius are spiritual beings (aliens, it's always hard to tell with aliens; the universe is so massive and diverse that it's impossible to really rule out anything when it comes to aliens), it's possible that a fragment of her still exists somewhere. That may explain the ED, I hope .
Hoping for something like that too

Edit: deleted the previous post because I quoted my own post before that by accident haha
Closed Thread