AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-19, 15:31   Link #1
Fritzy7208

Just Wondering is there any anime on here that is dubbed?

Is there any anime on animesuki that you can download that is dubbed if there is could you please list the title of the anime series/movie to download off of animesuki thanks.
Old 2003-12-19, 15:46   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzy7208
Is there any anime on animesuki that you can download that is dubbed if there is could you please list the title of the anime series/movie to download off of animesuki thanks.
Unless you're talking about fandubs, all the dubs out there are commercial products and hence are not listed on Animesuki. Animesuki is a bittorrent listing for fansubs, not a way to pirate DVDs.
Old 2003-12-19, 16:14   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzy7208
Here's a clue. Have a look at the AnimeSuki front page. You will find this statement...

Quote:
The goal of AnimeSuki.com is to provide an one stop site where you can find links to all unlicensed English anime fansubs available through BitTorrent...
Note it includes the word fansubs. We don't list any fandubs, mostly because there are not exactly many of them around (and maybe because they would be just so bad ). If you want anime dubbed, I suggest you purchase the licensed DVD releases. And if you were asking for those sort of dubs, then also note that we only list unlicensed anime.
Old 2003-12-19, 17:28   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I remember there being a fandub project for Naruto. In fact, I still have a couple of fandubbed Naruto scenes. It's pretty well done, except for that fact that they keep on pronouncing Naruto's name na-RU-to. *shudder*
Old 2003-12-19, 17:32   Link #5
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I remember there being a fandub project for Naruto. In fact, I still have a couple of fandubbed Naruto scenes. It's pretty well done, except for that fact that they keep on pronouncing Naruto's name na-RU-to. *shudder*
isnt that how you're suppose to pronounce it?
Old 2003-12-19, 20:07   Link #6
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

You're not supposed to emphasize any syllables.
Old 2003-12-19, 23:08   Link #7
NeverRamza

Throwing in the Japanese accent to pronounce Naruto "correctly" sounds really odd when you're saying it in the middle of an English sentence.
Old 2003-12-20, 01:00   Link #8
Fronzel
Schmuck

Everyone bastardizes every other language. As English-speaking fans of anime, you should have noticed how often the Japanese do it.
Old 2003-12-20, 01:56   Link #9
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Everyone bastardizes every other language. As English-speaking fans of anime, you should have noticed how often the Japanese do it.
*thinks about Azumanga Daioh*

Blah, blah, blah... blah blah blah blah.
Old 2003-12-20, 11:21   Link #10
Fronzel
Schmuck

Er....yeah, sure, and a "fuh, fuh, fuh," to you too.

Old 2003-12-20, 11:41   Link #11
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
Throwing in the Japanese accent to pronounce Naruto "correctly" sounds really odd when you're saying it in the middle of an English sentence.
Pronouncing Japanese names/words like you would in English, sounds a hell of a lot weirder to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Yeah, but so what? They look mighty stupid doing so.
Old 2004-08-26, 16:28   Link #12
Atb_555

English Dubbed Anime Torrents

Hi everyone!

Just like alot of you I love watching anime.
Personal favs being Neon Genesis Evangeleon, Gundam Wing and Seed, Naruto, Robotech/Macross, Ghost In the Shell (can't wait for Innocence! ), and loads more.

So its only natural for me to download anime, however there's one thing that I noticed is that it's almost impossible to find English dubbed anime films or series. Sure something like Naruto has to be seen in Japanese with subtitles not because its not available in English, but because it would just be cack!

However I was wonder does anyone know any torrent links where there's English dubbed anime films or series available?

Thanks for the help!
Old 2004-08-26, 16:43   Link #13
TronDD
Team the box!

Aside from a couple episodes of fandubs, I'd say 99.99% of anything with an English dub has one because it's licensed and you therefore should not download it, but buy it.
Old 2004-08-26, 16:44   Link #14
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
First off most sub groups dont have talented voice actors under their disposal. So I doubt there will be any fansub doing that. Subs are much easier to manage. I've hardly ever been satisfied with dubs And i like the orginal language spoken with out loss of meaning.
Old 2004-08-26, 22:00   Link #15
Egan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I remember there being a fandub project for Naruto.
Yep, I still have it on my computer, so that I can bring it out occassionally and traumatise my siblings!

Really is horrifying, but we all have a good laugh during the introductory bit.

'Delay it! Until the fourth Hokage arrives!'
Old 2004-08-26, 23:54   Link #16
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
isnt that how you're suppose to pronounce it?
you put more emphasis on the "Na" and say "ruto" quickly together
also, the way most "ignorant fans" pronounce it makes it sound like "Nuhrudo" (which could actually have a meaning in japanese, but it's still not right)

sorry, i'm just a pronunciation nazi it bugged me for weeks until i could pronounce "Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai" just the right way, and i still chastise myself for mispronounced "Ninin ga Shinobuden"

oh and on topic: You will not find ANY fandubs listed here, if you want dubs support the anime industry (you are not entitled the receive anime for free anyway, if you've downloaded anything that has been licensed, you owe the company money in my mind ) and buy the DVDs
Old 2004-08-27, 00:51   Link #17
Thelastguardian

there is also a fandub project for One Piece isn't it? (not that it would be on here of course)
Old 2004-08-27, 00:56   Link #18
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
there is also a fandub project for One Piece isn't it? (not that it would be on here of course)
Even if there was a fandub project for One Piece nobody would dare name it on this forum for fear of being banned. We're downright nasty about that sort of thing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-27, 02:47   Link #19
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Since the subject of this thread is a topic in violation of AnimeSuki rules, as well as Atb_555's request, I propose this thread be locked or deleted.
Old 2004-08-27, 02:56   Link #20
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Since the subject of this thread is a topic in violation of AnimeSuki rules, as well as Atb_555's request, I propose this thread be locked or deleted.
There is one exception in this case through, and that is the fandub Naruto project. That project is not against the high rule of Animesuki Forum I pressume?