AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-03-25, 07:33   Link #1
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Question about some Gundam manga

Just wondering but could anyone give me a short summary of what Ecole Du Ciel and Lost War Chronicles is about? I'm wondering if they're any good and worth buying.

Also since this doesn't seem to be licensed unlike the other two, does anyone know if anybody is currently doing Char's Deleted Affair?
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 08:59   Link #2
yamikage

I'm feeling kind of lazy so I'll just say go to http://www.mahq.net's Manga section. As for Char's Deleted Affair, I believe Zeonic Corps is planning to translate it although I doubt it will be anytime soon.

Honestly, I'm disappointed with the major lack of Gundam manga scanlations. There's a ton of unlicensed manga waiting to be scanlated. Or licensed.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 09:40   Link #3
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Well MAHQ doesn't have any synopsis or summaries up for Ecole Du Ciel at the moment so its hard for me to decide. I've also actually noticed that as well, Gundam series seem to be rather neglected with scanlations.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 10:23   Link #4
yamikage

Actually, there was albeit a very short one to be too useful:

Quote:
Set in the year UC 0085, Ecole du Ciel begins two years before the events of the Zeta Gundam TV series. Unlike most other Gundam series, Ecole features a female main character, Asuna Elmarit. Asuna and her friends are students at the Ecole du Ciel, a mobile suit training academy in North America. Even as Asuna hones her skills as a mobile suit pilot, events behind the scenes at the school are developing in the lead up to the Gryps War.
There is also a short synopsis for each volume of both EdC and LWC available in Tokyopop's site but you've probably read it already. IIRC, there was a thread discussing this but it was lost in the Great Forum Hack.

I think EdC is quite unique and interesting. I prefer that over LWC but it's all up to you. I haven't read any of the two so take that last sentence as a grain of salt.

Gundam sure gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Manga scanlations. I wish people would support Zeonic Corps as they're the only scanlation group I know of doing Gundam right now. Though I'm in no position to say that since I know jack about Japanese or photoshop.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 20:01   Link #5
nightbringer360

I rather like Ecole du Ciel - particularly the character designs. The girls somehow reminds me of the girls from Ichigo 100%.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 06:39   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, have anyone read some Gundam mangas recently? I tried reading some chapters of Gundam Katana and, boy, that was weird. It's like the author wanted to combine UC with G Gundam, Detective Conan, Patlabor and some yakuza/gangster tropes that's more on the ridiculous side than gritty like in IBO. The result is a very mixed bag so far. Will Bandai-Sunrise be crazy enough to adapt it (and We're Federation Hooligans!! before it)? I sure like to see them try.