AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-29, 07:28   Link #41
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

As said by my favourite SRW character, "I don't mind betting against the odds." or something like that.

So, I say Fate. Yes, I know how ridiculous that choice is, but when it comes to playful decision-making, I have always entrusted myself to my Nighter-senses, and while it fails me a lot, I have come to rely on it.

Besides, previews has always been semi-misleading. For all we know, it could very well be post-mission. And we know Fate's rushing to the scene... :P

Then again, darco_emp is betting against every single odds in existence...I can't match that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-29, 07:30   Link #42
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Subaru doing any such thing is petty unlikely given her tomboyish nature, a slap on the back sure do not in such way that came up in the preview.

Currently Nanoha prehaps have the best chance, give her gentle nature, with that said Erio is less likly then Tia due to the fact he is a male after all.

With this said less then 5 hours to go til Ep5 airs, if no baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Then again, darco_emp is betting against every single odds in existence...I can't match that.
It is much more fun this way
Old 2007-04-29, 07:33   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ah, every one is still at the Mysterious hands ?
I am torn between Erio and Teana..

Ah, what the heck - i am betting on Erio

That aside - i am looking towards some drone arse kicking, and the drones better fight back in a reasonable manner this time
Old 2007-04-29, 07:35   Link #44
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
As said by my favourite SRW character, "I don't betting against the odds." or something like that.

So, I say Fate. Yes, I know how ridiculous that choice is, but when it comes to playful decision-making, I have always entrusted myself to my Nighter-senses, and while it fails me a lot, I have come to rely on it.

Besides, previews has always been semi-misleading. For all we know, it could very well be post-mission. And we know Fate's rushing to the scene... :P
Hehe... Kyosuke Nanbu's, "I don't mind betting against the odds." line eh? In any case, we couldn't really rule out a 'Good work, Caro' scenario from Fate either. Well then, I guess another possible hands-owner to be added to the list is in order.

On a side note, wouldn't it be cool to have Vice/Weiss having Kyosuke's badass behavior?
Old 2007-04-29, 07:47   Link #45
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hehe... Kyosuke Nanbu's, "I don't mind betting against the odds." line eh? In any case, we couldn't really rule out a 'Good work, Caro' scenario from Fate either. Well then, I guess another possible hands-owner to be added to the list is in order.

On a side note, wouldn't it be cool to have Vice/Weiss having Kyosuke's badass behavior?
Yeah, but Vice has a blue flight jacket instead of the brown unit uniform. :P

With the post mission possibilty I suppose that might work too, if Caro was feeling like she wasnt doing very well in that mission. Being the most support caster often means the group has to get her out of trouble, if she somehow got into one, akin to a WoW warrior taunting a mob off the priest.
Old 2007-04-29, 07:58   Link #46
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yeah, but Vice has a blue flight jacket instead of the brown unit uniform. :P

With the post mission possibilty I suppose that might work too, if Caro was feeling like she wasnt doing very well in that mission. Being the most support caster often means the group has to get her out of trouble, if she somehow got into one, akin to a WoW warrior taunting a mob off the priest.
She can just fade -,- ... Lag=late taunt=dead priest (1 shot on bosses)

If we consider post mission , there would be too many possibilities since everyone wear those brown uniform ^,^
Although Caro is a support mage and seems to be the weakest of the group, i just hope she dont become damsel in distress of the series
Old 2007-04-29, 08:01   Link #47
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Thus far...
  • Erio
    - Aaron008R, Daisuke CP9, Kha, LoweGear, Skyfall
  • Fate
    - Nightengale
  • Lucetia
    - Darco_emp
  • Nanoha
    - Chaos2Frozen, Erio, FlareKnight, Fuyu no Sora, raidou
  • Subaru
    - Deathkillz, Ultima_Rasengan05
  • Teana
    - humbug23, Klashikari, Skane
Surprisingly, there is no clear favourite.

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-04-29 at 09:54.
Old 2007-04-29, 08:04   Link #48
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Deathkillz & Ultima_Rasengan05

People, you've mistaken.

Of course Subaru and Carol have develop a friendship bond, and definitely there's nothing strange about her comforting her friend if she can.

The problem is HOW she does it. Being rather boyish (When she's not around Nanoha ) I don't think she'll take that particular approach in comforting Carol... I figure she would just give her a pat on the back or something.

hmm yea true, but it would seem that Subaru could actually be more girlish other than tomboyish...episode 4's shower scene seems to show that kind of trait...Teana could do the same, but to me, she seems more tomboyish to me than Subaru...
but if my guess is wrong, then i will admit defeat in this guessing game
Old 2007-04-29, 08:09   Link #49
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Thanks for the tracking Skane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
She can just fade -,- ... Lag=late taunt=dead priest (1 shot on bosses)

If we consider post mission , there would be too many possibilities since everyone wear those brown uniform ^,^
Although Caro is a support mage and seems to be the weakest of the group, i just hope she dont become damsel in distress of the series
Oh I'm sure the 2H warrior holding the [Strada] would be Sundering, Shouting, Challenging, Slamming like his life depended on it, esp if he's as interested in getting into her pants as we make him to be.

Going by anime cliches, that seems very likely...
Old 2007-04-29, 08:12   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
In Nanoha, I don't recall seeing any 'damsels'

Closest was Shamal when Chrono had her at point-blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
hmm yea true, but it would seem that Subaru could actually be more girlish other than tomboyish...episode 4's shower scene seems to show that kind of trait...Teana could do the same, but to me, she seems more tomboyish to me than Subaru...
but if my guess is wrong, then i will admit defeat in this guessing game
Don't worry, if it turns out to be somebody I completely scratched off, there isn't a hole in this tiny rock that I live on that is deep enough to hide me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

Oh I'm sure the 2H warrior holding the [Strada] would be Sundering, Shouting, Challenging, Slamming like his life depended on it, esp if he's as interested in getting into her pants as we make him to be.

Going by anime cliches, that seems very likely...
I don't care what he do to save her (If it's that situation), as long as he'll look cool while doing it.

Oh, and seeing that Strada's attacks are usually melee... WHIRLWIND FTW!!!
Old 2007-04-29, 08:44   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a pretty spread out competition. While I'd like Erio to be the winner in this one I just don't think it's him this time. But there's plenty of episodes for him to make his next move. I'll give it to Nanoha, since it seems like something she'd do.
Old 2007-04-29, 08:47   Link #52
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
In Nanoha, I don't recall seeing any 'damsels'

Closest was Shamal when Chrono had her at point-blank.
Yeah that's why i really hoped she wont become the 1st...i really hate 'damsels' character for some reason
Old 2007-04-29, 08:59   Link #53
Aaron008R

Heh, I guess the 'Damsel in Distress' type would really look awkward in the Nanohaverse. But at least almost every female were shown so far are never subdued without a good fight or a good enough reason to not take action.

For me, I wouldn't mind if one of the stronger girls get into a pinch (to be saved later of course). It would do well to expand on their character and avoid the 'too broken' feeling from fans. The Aces seem to be good candidates for this. And for the saviors, we still have a few powerful enough males like Chrono, Graham and heck, even Yuuno could do a good save. I'm not too sure about how the other fans would feel about this kind of scenario, though.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-04-29 at 10:01.
Old 2007-04-29, 08:59   Link #54
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wow... episode's not even out, and we already have 3 pages of betting O_o

My 5 bucks on Elio if any of you don't mind XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-29, 09:09   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Heh, I guess the 'Damsel in Distress' type would really look awkward in the Nanohaverse. But at least almost every female were shown so far are never subdued without a good fight or a good enough reason to not take action.
Quote:
Yeah that's why i really hoped she wont become the 1st...i really hate 'damsels' character for some reason
I'm really okay with female characters being 'damsels' once in awhile... The fustration occurs when that hand gets played too many times...

Quote:
For me, I wouldn't mind if one of the stronger girls get into a pinch (to be saved later of course). It would do well to expand on their character and avoid the 'too broken' feeling from fans. The Aces seem to be good candidates for this. And for the saviors, we still have a few powerful enough males like Chrono, Graham and heck, even Yuuno could do a good save. I'm not too sure about the other fans would feel about this kind of scenario, though.
Unfortunately, since the Knights aren't being used yet, they'll most likely be doing the saving for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
CG! Eat your heart out!!

Quote:
Now if only I could make money from this...
Old 2007-04-29, 09:24   Link #56
-Breakthrough-

20 bucks on Elio I can bet. He seems to be moving fast already.
Old 2007-04-29, 09:36   Link #57
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Woah! I leave for the night and already a new thread with 3 pages? WTF?!!!!?
Ummm, the whole 'Damsel-in-distress' thing really does not fit in the Nanohaverse (since they actually turn out to be extremely powerful 'damsels' ). Oh and I'm placing my bet in Nanoha (although hopefully it'll be Elio )
Old 2007-04-29, 09:49   Link #58
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Oh, and seeing that Strada's attacks are usually melee... WHIRLWIND FTW!!!
Yeah indeed. I was thinking Caro in trouble = Endless Rage, Intercept, Hamstring, Mortal Strike, Whirlwind. In fact, Strada does have a spinning spearhead attack, though that's more a drill than a Tasmenian Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

You're welcome! I wonder how much US Dollars would convert to my Velka dinars.

Quote:

For me, I wouldn't mind if one of the stronger girls get into a pinch (to be saved later of course). It would do well to expand on their character and avoid the 'too broken' feeling from fans. The Aces seem to be good candidates for this. And for the saviors, we still have a few powerful enough males like Chrono, Graham and heck, even Yuuno could do a good save. I'm not too sure about the other fans would feel about this kind of scenario, though.
All the more reason to have A damsel in distress for once.

Quote:
Now if only I could make money from this...
Well I believe I'll be making the dinars here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
20 bucks on Elio I can bet. He seems to be moving fast already.
Less ppl to fleece from.
Old 2007-04-29, 10:03   Link #59
Ottocycle

While I support the notion for a damsel in distress to appear in the series, and also that candidate to come from among the Aces(Nanoha foreboding, anyone?), no way in hell its going to appear so early in the series against...30+ mindless drones.

/me awaits Aces pick apart drones like seafood on the dinner table, or the newbies slug it out against them.

With Ep1-calibre silky smooth animation, of course.
Old 2007-04-29, 10:04   Link #60
johnjefferson3

here is a statement anwering many different question here from different peolpe

you can bet more than $20 dollars when you factor in inflation, and how the us dollar is currently going downhill right now, i mean, the brithish pound worth double now, euro higher, yen is higher, which reminded me how much the TSAB currency is worth, i know is worth more too, that why they had to put limiters so that tsab would not have to raise taxes, since Divion 6 all ready had most expensive payroll due to damage control (media, fixing and reparing), paying people to hide other emerbassing records, overtime and extremely high water (girls contantly getting showers) and electricly bills (Since that holographic city needs alot of juice to keep that thing going on)!!!!
Closed Thread