AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 123 72.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 14.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 9.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-14, 09:33   Link #1
4Tran

Macross Frontier - Episode 07 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Macross Frontier, Episode 07.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-05-14, 14:33   Link #2
Sander RX

I shall wait for HD.I want to see the big battle in all its glory.
Old 2008-05-14, 14:36   Link #3
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I shall wait for HD.I want to see the big battle lag my computer in all its glory.

just kidding.
Old 2008-05-14, 14:49   Link #4
Westlo
Lets be reality

König Monster fuck yes!
Old 2008-05-14, 16:00   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A bit ahead of ourselves, aren't we? The episode doesn't air for quite a bit of time still...
Old 2008-05-14, 18:21   Link #6
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
A bit ahead of ourselves, aren't we? The episode doesn't air for quite a bit of time still...
i don't understand this comment.

Its.....sorry. nothing in that gibberish is in my vocabulary.

yaaay! macross! Monster! HELL YEAH!

*hope it's better then "Heroic Age's" Space Battle*

Kitano circus! Kintano Circus!

Old 2008-05-14, 18:28   Link #7
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
massive space battle, wheee

smaller ship from the fleet will be blowing up left and right, while Macross Quarter will triumph, rawr!!
Old 2008-05-14, 18:55   Link #8
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
*hope it's better then "Heroic Age's" Space Battle*
I'm sure how they fight battles in Macross will be fundamentally different from how they were fought in Heroic Age. Alot more chasing after eachother and close range engagements in the former, while the latter had more realistic ship collumns firing thousands of kilometers away from eachother.

If you don't account for the big space monsters that is.

I think I may watch the raw. I don't expect the dialogue in this episode to matter much.
Old 2008-05-14, 19:05   Link #9
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am surprised, someone actually seen HEROIC AGE...

- Tak
Old 2008-05-14, 19:11   Link #10
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am surprised, someone actually seen HEROIC AGE...

- Tak
i stopped after ep1 ;o
Old 2008-05-14, 19:43   Link #11
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
i stopped after ep1 ;o
You'd have loved the first episode if you'd seen the rest of the series. Tears come to my eyes whenever I rewatch it. Though I can't really blame someone for dropping it before at least the mid-point of the series. The second half is much more action packed and dramatic than the first, with the animation recieveing a noticeable upgrade, along with more musical scores.

Rewatching it after finishing it the first, second, or third time is a personally satisfying experience for me.

Though space operas aren't for everybody I guess.
Old 2008-05-14, 19:50   Link #12
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post

Though space operas aren't for everybody I guess.
BLASPHEMY! Then what are they doing at this forum discussing Macross, because it is a Space Opera, nothing more and definitely nothing less! Grrrr!!

PUNISH THE NAYSAYERS!

KILL THE MUTANTS, BURN THE HEATHENS, PURGE THE UNCLEAN!

*ahem*

Of course, I recommend everyone to watch or read (but seeing how it might never see the light of day here in English format, I guess your only option is to watch) Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Accept no substitutes!

- Tak
Old 2008-05-14, 19:56   Link #13
cerrian

Quote:
I'm sure how they fight battles in Macross will be fundamentally different from how they were fought in Heroic Age. Alot more chasing after eachother and close range engagements in the former, while the latter had more realistic ship collumns firing thousands of kilometers away from eachother.
I Know what you mean...personally I favor spaceship combat in the style of Gunbuster & Crest of the Stars. They had a bit more of a 'naval' feel to them. With Frontier I suspect we'll get a good mixture of naval combat + fighter combat.
Old 2008-05-14, 20:01   Link #14
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
I Know what you mean...personally I favor spaceship combat in the style of Gunbuster & Crest of the Stars.
Yeah, you are definitely right about Macross providing a good mixture of both fighter and naval combat. I am not too sure if I like the combat in Crest of the Stars much. It would appear to me, that naval combat in CoS has relegated to that of the 19th century, with the exception of unmanned mines that act like smart(er) missiles.

Of course, I cannot say what will happen thousands of years into the future, but for now, carriers dominate naval battles.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-14, 20:09   Link #15
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
I Know what you mean...personally I favor spaceship combat in the style of Gunbuster & Crest of the Stars. They had a bit more of a 'naval' feel to them. With Frontier I suspect we'll get a good mixture of naval combat + fighter combat.
I couldn't watch Gunbuster, because I hated Nonobuster and TTGL ( and Gainax in general at this point). Crest of the Stars had an interesting, well thought out, and unique style to it, but the Abh naval philophy wore on my nerves fast (pointy eared, arrogant little bastards).

Legend of the Galactic Heroes sounded kind of boring to me from the snyopsis I read. Just two guys duking it out for whatever reason.

I expect Frontier to be kind of like Star Wars, only with more explosions, and debris flying everywhere. And mecha of course, because mecha is very dramatic.
Old 2008-05-14, 20:16   Link #16
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
while the latter had more realistic ship collumns firing thousands of kilometers away from eachother.
you point is void because there is nothing realistic about spaceship firing bendy lazers! NOTHING! ZILCH! NADA! There are both valid!

Quote:
I couldn't watch Gunbuster, because I hated Nonobuster and TTGL ( and Gainax in general at this point). .
WHAT?! dammn yooou! I can forgive you for gurren lagann. that was just pure fun.

But Gunbuster?!!! That was one of the best space opera, had plenty of technicality that establish a foundation for future sci-fi anime. Almost as much as Macross.

Get out!

You are dead to me!

*throws Wesley clothes and stuff out the window of the Space Opera Frat House*

Old 2008-05-14, 20:51   Link #17
Wesley84

Talk about a can of worms. Well, here goes...YARRR!!

Quote:
Wow, you are dismissing LoGH, one of the most well known (if not THE definite) sci-fi classic in Japan and across East-Asia on the basis of a ... synopsis?

Oh, my heart, it aches, it aches!!

- Tak
It sounded gay what with the two genius (hate geniuses) head-honchos "respecting one another", not to mention how enormous the series is with 160+ episodes to slog through. Combined with past experiences of trying to find good quality downloads of 80s era anime, it's not something I'll be able to commit to lightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
you point is void because there is nothing realistic about spaceship firing bendy lazers! NOTHING! ZILCH! NADA! There are both valid!
Not even! A massive wall of energy being hurled back and forth over enormous distances is much more realistic than impractical transformable mecha fighters that fight at less than 5 KM ranges! And don't even get me started on Basara...

Quote:
WHAT?! dammn yooou! I can forgive you for gurren lagann. that was just pure fun.

But Gunbuster?!!! That was one of the best space opera, had plenty of technicality that establish a foundation for future sci-fi anime. Almost as much as Macross.

Get out!

You are dead to me!

*throws Wesley clothes and stuff out the window of the Space Opera Frat House*

Blame Gaianx for being douchebags that produced one popular failure after another after another. They're the ones that shitted all over their previous works.

Quote:
And if he still doesn't like it afterwards, we should throw him to Abh hell.

- Tak
That's an oxymoron. For one thing, the Abh supposedly don't believe in a god. And another is they're all bastardized creations of human beings, so they don't even have souls to begin with.
Old 2008-05-14, 21:47   Link #18
ReddyRedWolf

Looks at thread....

I don't get what you guys are talking about.

*waits for the raw*
Old 2008-05-15, 00:20   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Talk about a can of worms. Well, here goes...YARRR!!

It sounded gay what with the two genius (hate geniuses) head-honchos "respecting one another", not to mention how enormous the series is with 160+ episodes to slog through. Combined with past experiences of trying to find good quality downloads of 80s era anime, it's not something I'll be able to commit to lightly.
1. there is no gay stuff, both main characters are straight.

2. Anime-central ver are either rip form the dvd or the laser-disc. As good a quality as you will find.

back to topic. i don't see too much ship to ships in macross. As that has never been a strong suit of Macross. Maybe a of the ships firing the big guns at each but that is about it. It will be have a lot of dogfights through.
Old 2008-05-15, 00:25   Link #20
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
back to topic. i don't see too much ship to ships in macross. As that has never been a strong suit of Macross. Maybe a of the ships firing the big guns at each but that is about it. It will be have a lot of dogfights through.
Surprisingly enough, there are extensive ship-to-ship battles in Macross. One of the more notable examples came from the somewhat unrelated Macross II, followed by the somewhat silly Macross 7.

Although you are correct, the focus tend to be on dogfights.

- Tak
Closed Thread