AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 09:06   Link #81
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You better hope the game doesn't include undercurrent Physics.
Undercurrent physics. That would be a good way to blow my mind--my computer would just eat up all that unnecessary processing. I really hope they come up with wind physics before hand, I'd honestly love to see the trees being shook by the beginnings of a storm. That'd be beyond awesome.
Old 2011-02-17, 01:35   Link #82
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
the screens look great..
They just better bring back werewolves
Old 2011-02-17, 11:31   Link #83
obama6493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I was gonna post this last night when it was first announced,but eh.. to lazy XD
They needs to get rid of that whole equipment leveling for random mooks. Running into bandits in ebony armors while I was minding my own lvl 15 business was fucking gay.
Old 2011-02-18, 03:05   Link #84
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yea.. I think that was bad. What I think they should have implement is that increased the numbers of enemies.. So instead on meeting 1 bandit in steel armor at level 1 -> 1 bandit in ebony armor at lvl 15, they should have make it like bandits++ in steel armor at level 15. Or something like that.

I dunno about other mods like OOO, since I strictly a TIE user(+ MMM) for oblivion.. where the levels of enemy isnt dependant on my own.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 03:56   Link #85
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by obama6493 View Post
They needs to get rid of that whole equipment leveling for random mooks. Running into bandits in ebony armors while I was minding my own lvl 15 business was fucking gay.
I always considered that a conspiracy against RPGs. The reason we want to level in an RPG is that we are able to go to more dangerous places. Level scaling essentially renders levelling irrelevant, making it into a first person shooter.

The sad part is we have sandbox player now who are demanding that levelling be removed all together so they can go anywhere and kill anything at level 1.
Old 2011-02-18, 09:58   Link #86
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I always considered that a conspiracy against RPGs. The reason we want to level in an RPG is that we are able to go to more dangerous places. Level scaling essentially renders levelling irrelevant, making it into a first person shooter.

The sad part is we have sandbox player now who are demanding that levelling be removed all together so they can go anywhere and kill anything at level 1.
Scaling is a weird inclusion in any RPG; one of the main reasons many players enjoy the open environments and character development is the ability to overpower the easier enemies. I'm fine with certain bosses or areas scaling if they are designed to be difficult but the entire world doing so just doesn't make that much sense and lessens gameplay in my opinion. I hope the system is a bit smarter this time round so that I can destroy certain villages with a bit more ease.
Old 2011-02-19, 00:06   Link #87
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

New info. If you don't like spoilers, don't read.

Quote:
The French Official Playstation Magazine has some new information about Skyrim... Apparently there's some new screenshots too, but so far, I haven't been able to locate any scans. Anyways, here's the info, straight from Bethesda's own forums. Of course, lock if old.

- 'Magnetism' is used to prevent friendly fire in combat, by slightly 'pulling' your attacks towards enemies
- Some, apparently unique, enchanted weapons will have "concealed" effects. You won't know what those are until you try the weapon.
- You cannot block if you have a sword in one hand, and a spell in another. Only players wielding two-handed blades or sword and shield can use block.
- The Spell Shield effect returns.
- Taverns will play a large role in the game. You will be able to overhear people's conversations, start quests, acquire information, and much more.
- They mention breaking and entering to find out more about people, but I'm not sure as to what extent - "Because of the open world set up you can even progress by snooping around - following people, looking out for strange behaviour and even some light breaking and entering".
- Quest givers will be "less specific", this apparently means they won't be saying stuff like "There's 5 ogres at my house, and you must kill them" or "Do this, and I shall give you 300 gold." I'm not exactly sure why this is important, unless they'll also be "less specific" when giving directions. Apparently, the amount of vagueness quest givers have is tied to their disposition towards you.
- Several new spell effects, including "Ice Trap" (only triggered when an enemy walks over it), "Circle of Protection" (push the enemies in your vicinity away), "Fury" (make enemies fight each other), and so on.
- One of the finishing moves involves "plunging your sword into your enemy's chest", coupled with gurgling death noises.
- The 'free-form' activities you can perform include cooking, woodcutting, mining and metalwork.
- A Dragon Shout that slows down time (a la Bullet Time) is mentioned.
- Some Dragon Shouts are found in dungeons.
- There's a city called Riverwood. It is described as 'A smattering of timber buildings, including a sawmill'.
- Radiant Story is in part inspired by the random encounters in Fallout 3.
- The game apparently looks amazing in motion, with great environment effects such as the wind making the water swirl and making waves.
- It is possible to raise all skills to 100 but not possible to get all perks.
- Dragon encounters aren't scripted. If one comes across a town in its travels, it might decide to set it ablaze without warning.
- It talks about the improvement of NPC's and Radiant AI.
- Every big settlement is unique. The city of Markarth Side, for example, is set into "dramatic stone cliffs, with buildings teetering on the end of sheer drops."
- Haarfingar is said to be home to the largest trading port in Skyrim.
- The game apparently includes 'meteorogical effects': clouds gathering around mountaintops, etcetera.
- The glorious return of the Dwemer ruins is once again confirmed.
- One of the cities in Skyrim will apparently be heavily inspired by the Dunmer (Dark Elves)
- They're trying to go back to the "eccentricity" of Vvardenfell. Every Nord faction will have their own customs, colors, and so on.
- The economy of the game is better developed than in Oblivion. If you destroy a city's means of income (for instance, their crops) they'll need to buy crops from another nearby city, and prices in the city will go up.
- Archers can 'hold their breath' while aiming. This consumes stamina, but gives the archer a better chance of hitting the enemy.
Old 2011-02-19, 00:45   Link #88
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

WTF ... 1 hand sword can block too! to a certain degree. To disable it altogether is a death toward spellsword. Dont tell me sword+ shield means I cant cast spell.

Oh wait.. I never used weapons

I see 3 big oblivion mods incorporated.. Deadly Reflex, craftybits, and Duke Patrick's Combat Archery.. which is nice. There's another mod, which I cant remember the name for the life of me, which allow you climb and enter via windows and such, but I totally forgot .. so thats 4 big mods incorporated.

Dont think GCD will ever be implemented.. which is sad. but then, its definitely isnt for power gamer who loves grinding, and that is wha we'll get again for character leveling system.

._.

Radiant AI and radiant story? I believe it when I see it on my screen!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-02-19, 01:35   Link #89
james0246

Dwemer ruins are returning! Talk about exciting news. I'm doing the Snoopy dance right now...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 02:33   Link #90
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I hate those =_=

The worst thing in Morrowind after those damn cliffracer packs are vampire lair inside dwemer ruins.

=_='

I want ayleids ruins ;_;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-02-19, 03:23   Link #91
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

I agree with Vallen. If you can't fight, run, level-up, then come back later.

OTOH, I wish they would add more ranged weapons. Just a bow and arrow is as boring as spellcasting.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 03:51   Link #92
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I want ayleids ruins ;_;
Objection! Dwemer >>>>>>>>>>>> Ayleids.

Then again, lore/flavor-wise, Morrowind >>>>>>>>>> Oblivion, too. Machines and mushroom towers and living gods vs. ...you know. There's just something not right about an empire that acts like the Big Bad Roman Empire outside (legions! frontier forts! colonies! port authorities! monopolistic mercantile companies! imperial agents!) yet feels like some shitty backward feudal kingdom in its home province.

So I very much celebrate their intention to make Skyrim more interesting than Cyrodiil was. I hope they turn that Viking factor up to 11 and fearlessly mash the Dwemer and Dunmer exoticness in.

Ironically enough, despite the fact that that game was inferior to the Elder Scrolls in most ways, I thought Gothic III's handling of its northern region was pretty good, geographically speaking. Snowstorms to blanket the skies, networks of valleys and plateaus that really made you feel like getting lost is actually dangerous (fall down a valley and you're like, holy crap where am I!?), fortified hilltop villages with narrow mountain path exits. Fun times, especially compared to the rather lackluster flatness of Solstheim. Wonder how Skyrim would look like in comparison.

That said, I shall proceed to wait five years after its release date for the patches to complete, the expansions to come out and get patched too, and the mods, especially the mods, to mature.

The Elder Scrolls games play best that way. Honestly I don't understand how you console players could possibly survive Oblivion without a full armory of anti-annoyances measures, a major levelling overhaul, an unofficial patch, and a bunch of content additions that mods provide.

P.S. Forgot to mention this but Dragons randomly burning cities and other "open world"/"interactive world" things sound like just the things that need to be patched seven times over, toned down and modded before they get it right. Anyone remember the hyped random AI from pre-Oblivion?

Last edited by Irenicus; 2011-02-19 at 04:05.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 10:36   Link #93
Knight Hawk
Lurker

New trailer at http://elderscrolls.com/

Gorgeous graphics it's all i have to say.

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2011-02-24 at 10:48.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 11:28   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

With this being more awesome....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 12:34   Link #95
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Game looks beautiful. It's the best I've seen from an open world fantasy game, serves the justice!
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 12:36   Link #96
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if you're not hyped for this game, kill your self :P

[/jk]

now FFS! this game is gonna be AWESOME!, after i watched the trailer for the 30th time i said "HU YODAH!" or what ever its spelt with the MC

so what? is this gonna be male Nord player only? that would REALLY piss people off XD
Old 2011-02-24, 12:41   Link #97
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
so what? is this gonna be male Nord player only? that would REALLY piss people off XD
Oh no. The fun part of TES is that the Messiah can come from the most unlikely places, and look nothing like what people expected. Morrowind made a big deal about that.
Old 2011-02-24, 12:42   Link #98
james0246

I've had a big stupid grin plastered on my face ever since I saw the trailer a few hours ago (I've even had a few friends ask what I was stupidly grinning about ).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 12:47   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Oh no. The fun part of TES is that the Messiah can come from the most unlikely places, and look nothing like what people expected. Morrowind made a big deal about that.
yea I forgot about that XD, specialy after the Morrowind DLCs.
Old 2011-02-24, 13:13   Link #100
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I didn't played Elder Scroll series , seems like they are amazing RPG games like Risen , The Witcher , Two worlds , Gothic etc.... Yup , i keep my interest on it.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim