AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 21:47   Link #161
Idogears

Where does the game store data like the number of lights collected, BGMs acquired, etc?

I need to transfer my game over and I can't copy the entire folder.

EDIT: After a bit of testing, it seems read.sav, REALLIVE.sav and save999.sav all contain important data. One of the first two stores settings.

Last edited by Idogears; 2007-12-29 at 23:15.
Idogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 22:14   Link #162
Tsudaro
Lord of the Zimmerwanks

Send a message via MSN to Tsudaro
Quote:
Then I would like to politely request for game spoiler tags, if the original poster doesn't mind. And I humbly apologize for the rudeness in my previous post, but I get a little frantic where spoilers are involved
I see. Well, it's edited. Sorry, but I'm new to the forums. Didn't know I had make the spoiler name specific, though I thought people would know if it's a spoiler from the game or anime just by reading my entire post before opening up the spoiler tag...

Quote:
Where does the game store data like the number of lights collected, BGMs acquired, etc?

Most likely it's in the SAVEDATA folder in the KEY -> CLANNAD area. I had to re-install my game, so I backed that up and still had my 3 orbs, CGs, and game saves after I replaced it with the other SAVEDATA folder.
Tsudaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 04:19   Link #163
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idogears View Post

EDIT: After a bit of testing, it seems read.sav, REALLIVE.sav and save999.sav all contain important data. One of the first two stores settings.
It's probably REALLIVE.sav that holds settings, since that's the name of the engine Clannad runs on
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 08:48   Link #164
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsudaro View Post
I had though that was weird too at first,
Spoiler for game spoiler. read at own spoiling risk. did I mention the spoilage? Spoil!:
. I did that, though it was pretty hard without a playing guide. But the playing guide's probably in this thread. But I say only use the playing guide if you've failed to get an orb of light in a route several times.
Nope, you don't need to comlete one to get another as said in your spoiler tag. Look I've translated the 90 hours walkthrough including hints and tips for where the routes splits which allows you to finish CLANNAD under 90 hours provided if you can read Japanese/Chinese with a reasonable speed. Also bottom are hints and times for 'special' events.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 00:26   Link #165
Vulz

Anyone able to tell me which 3 options to select for Misae's route with tskui's translation? The 3 options from dragon's walkthrough:

Serious(*) ?
Care for me(*) ?
Blanket smells good(*) (This one is obvious)

I can't seem to get her proper ending at all even after messing around with the available options...
Vulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 05:09   Link #166
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulz View Post
Anyone able to tell me which 3 options to select for Misae's route with tskui's translation? The 3 options from dragon's walkthrough:

Serious(*) ?
Care for me(*) ?
Blanket smells good(*) (This one is obvious)

I can't seem to get her proper ending at all even after messing around with the available options...
Scold
Worry
Blanket smells good
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:39   Link #167
theused69
Viral marketing!!!!

Hey guys I got a problem at Tomoyo's arc

Spoiler for spoiler:

Need help guys, thanks
theused69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:43   Link #168
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

IIRC, You have to finish Komoura's route first. once it is done, get back in Tomoyo's route, and the counter will go at the max if everything else is right.
Old 2007-12-31, 06:45   Link #169
theused69
Viral marketing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
IIRC, You have to finish Komoura's route first. once it is done, get back in Tomoyo's route, and the counter will go at the max if everything else is right.
Not being too obvious here, but amI suppose to leave a save at 5/11 as the walkthrough says, then proceed to the next one (Yukine)? And how about the one the part that says "if previous arc was not Sanae's, then I don't get a Sanae Light GET? Sorry, I just need some clarifications.
theused69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:51   Link #170
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theused69 View Post
Not being too obvious here, but amI suppose to leave a save at 5/11 as the walkthrough says, then proceed to the next one (Yukine)? And how about the one the part that says "if previous arc was not Sanae's, then I don't get a Sanae Light GET? Sorry, I just need some clarifications.
Well, that is a suggestion of iamandragon to save some time. You are not oblidged to put a save, but it save some time (though you can always use "jump to next choice" or CTRL instead).

And, yes, if you didn't finish Misae's route before Tomoyo, you won't be able to get her scene during the school festival during Tomoyo's route, and therefore, you will not be able to get Misae's light.
Old 2008-01-01, 16:59   Link #171
Seibaa

I was wondering if there is any english walkthroughs for Clannad? I've been searching but no avail yet.
I'm getting pretty tired skipping the same scenes over and over again just to find out how to trigger a certain route and get the lights. Especially how to get on Kyou's route.

*sigh* This game is way too complex, and it doesn't even bother to explain anything. Like why some routes suddenly just... end, in the middle of things.

And yeah, I have the 'incomplete' english patch. I am impatient.
Seibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 19:49   Link #172
Aetheri

Quote:
I was wondering if there is any english walkthroughs for Clannad? I've been searching but no avail yet.
I'm getting pretty tired skipping the same scenes over and over again just to find out how to trigger a certain route and get the lights. Especially how to get on Kyou's route.

*sigh* This game is way too complex, and it doesn't even bother to explain anything. Like why some routes suddenly just... end, in the middle of things.

And yeah, I have the 'incomplete' english patch. I am impatient.
You must not have searched very hard. It's the third result from google. It's also on this forum in the Q&A thread: here.
Aetheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 05:20   Link #173
Seibaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetheri View Post
You must not have searched very hard. It's the third result from google. It's also on this forum in the Q&A thread: here.
<3 .
Seibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 11:39   Link #174
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I have a question concerning the game's OP sequence.

Now I'm sure everyone would know that the OP sequence is only viewable in Nagisa's route, on the end of May 2nd, to be specific.

Well, I got to that point in the game. Once the screen faded black at the end of the last scene, the OP sequence is supposed to begin playing, but somehow all I get is a blank screen with a funnel cursor, after a few seconds, I was taken straight to "Illusionary World VII" and "May 3rd" without even viewing the OP.

I accessed the MPEG file directly from the folder and it played fine on Quicktime, so I don't know why the OP movie can't load in the game.

Anyone got this problem?
I had a similar issue, but it was in that the MPEG file crashed the game. There's a program on the disc that allows you to configure whether the movie is played via MCI or DirectShow, I believe. Try toggling that and see if that fixes your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Hmmm. Would Baka-Tsuki's upcoming patch work on this, I wonder?
It doesn't hurt to check the page, does it?
Old 2008-01-03, 12:39   Link #175
Autophage
Inciteful

Hey everyone, I'd first like to say that I made sure to read every page of this thread to make sure I didn't repeat any questions but just wanted to get something straight before I waste anymore time on Clannad (20+ hours and no good endings. I cried for my time lost on bad endings. Gave it a sending off ceremony and everything).

So my question is, regardless of your ingame save files, will your overall progress be saved to some master save file so you can go back to older ingame saves and follow different branches?

Thanks in advanced, especially to Dragon. Seriously, dude, you rock hardcore for that guide (Although I still messed up on Misae). Bullhorns@U \m/ (>_<) \m/
Autophage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 15:29   Link #176
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

I got a question I beated all the routes and how did I not unlock after story?

is it because I have to beat tomoyo route 1 more time after finishing the old guy's route?
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 18:27   Link #177
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophage View Post
So my question is, regardless of your ingame save files, will your overall progress be saved to some master save file so you can go back to older ingame saves and follow different branches?
Yes. The file is called save999.sav--it records which routes you have completed, light orbs you have collected and detailed information in Nagisa route which would affact After Story. It is found in X:\KEY\CLANNAD\SAVEDATA\save999.sav

(X is the directory you installed CLANNAD)
Old 2008-01-03, 18:34   Link #178
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykun View Post
I got a question I beated all the routes and how did I not unlock after story?

is it because I have to beat tomoyo route 1 more time after finishing the old guy's route?
It is possible that you didn't get Misae's Light orb in Tomoyo's route.
If you have granted Fuko's wish, you must have 7 light orbs (obviously, 8 if you didn't), and so after story will be visible in the main menu.

If you don't have 7-8, that means you have missed an orb somewhere, and it is most of the time misae's.
Doing Tomoyo's route once again after Koumura won't change anything, except for the combo counter, which will reach 64 hits.
Old 2008-01-04, 03:36   Link #179
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

can someone tell is this really possible....

http://translate.google.com/translat...3D6c2%26sa%3DG
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:06   Link #180
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

At least not right at this moment...

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360