4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 15:45   Link #1321
CJL13
God of his own ego

Anyone else think after he slid down the slide when he died "That's massive rug burn right there."?
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:45   Link #1322
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
LoL I can't get over it, the Spice and Wolf ending. This is a open ending, god you guys should stop arguing over whether he is alive or dead. It is made so LULUFAGS along with LULUDIEFAGS and LULUJESUSFAGS can also get what they wanted. I am taking the "Alive theory" though, pretty sure he is immortal so it match with the name CodeGeass, having both Code and Geass.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:45   Link #1323
alkazar

I hope for all our sanity that Sunrise never makes an ova!

Lelouch is alive - ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:45   Link #1324
RedWing

They ended well. I haven't liked R2 much but this episode did well to finish it.
We had a decent battle of Kallen v Suzaku, where it was more fighting and less beamspam.
Then we had the revelation of the plan which was exactly the same as Nunnally's plan, only with Damocles replaced by Zero. Overall I'm still very disappointed with R2 but this episode did help it.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:47   Link #1325
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I'm at loss for words.. i'm almost crying, i'm angry.

I hate it. All of it.

I kinda knew they'd trash the idea of revealing C.C's name or the origin of geass... but then they came up with that shit? I feel like deleting both seasons right now.
I wish i had never started watching this...
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:49   Link #1326
5_of_Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And Lelouch has removed these people from the seat of power, and helped establish those who do genuinely want peace and prosperity, now they have the fortitude to challenge those who would undermine it...
The thing is, historically when bad ruler were overthrown, national heroes did exist, and people who hoped for the best and did all they could to make things better did get the seat of power. Eventually these very seats corrupt, if not the heroes themselves, then the next generation or the one after that.

With a family history (full of crazies) like Lelouch's, I don't really trust the possible offspring of Nunally or Schneizel's to not pull something funny again. Hopefully they've abolished the whole monarchy thing for Britannia.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:50   Link #1327
Charred Knight

Quote:
They both did then, he set it up and Suzaku followed, though they couldn't have done it with each other. I wish you'd acknowledge at least that much

He's in the remote country-side, he's fine, plenty of other character have gotten away with it before now >_>

And you know what? They're still fighting in this shit-tastic world that constantly hounds them without a result anywhere near the scale of Lelouch's. I give the bout to him in terms of being 'better' in this case, results Charred <_<

He basically also cuts ties with everyone in this regard to the point where he is almost literally dead, the woman who loves him now lives a happy and fulfilled life thanks to the new world brought on by him as does Nunnally now

Of fore pete sakes Charred, i thought you were better then this
Do you know why Captain America still fights on?

Because Peace is not something easily gotten, it takes eternal vigilence.

Also if Kallen has cut ties with Lelouch she sure as hell doesn't show it. All the pictures she has up, the things Tael posted. If Lelouch had rejected her, it would be one thing, but he didn't even give her the dignity of that.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:51   Link #1328
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Well, why not just enjoy what's there? Quite personally I loved the bit where Jeremiah scraps the Mordred: I think his character has really gotten better.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:52   Link #1329
Jays

This was a rather anti-climactic ending to say the least. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't forsee this coming - however I am sure everyone knew it was coming, yet a little part of me wanted more from it.

So in the end Lelouch sells himself off as the sacrificial lamb; he burns his bridges, and makes it so that the world is unified through mutual hate towards him. Yet I can't help but feel as if, the irony of Lelouch's "think big" mentally, didn't rear it's head with hsi biggest plan.

Whatever the case might be, this episode really lacked one thing, closure. The vauge and ambiguous ending that they gave of C.C. and the "mysterious" man, really makes me wonder, could Sunrise pull out something extra from this. Hypothetically speaking if that was Lelouch, from their perspectives they'd be fools to simply ignore it.

Call it the Full Metal Alchemist effect, movie late 2009 confirmed.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:53   Link #1330
lua thien
Fallen Exile

What was the song called at the end when Kallen narrates?

Pity that the only person that Suzaku can show his face to is Nunally when both of them are alone together.

I think Sayoko is running the Shinozaki School after everything was done.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:53   Link #1331
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
The thing is, historically when bad ruler were overthrown, national heroes did exist, and people who hoped for the best and did all they could to make things better did get the seat of power. Eventually these very seats corrupt, if not the heroes themselves, then the next generation or the one after that.

With a family history (full of crazies) like Lelouch's, I don't really trust the possible offspring of Nunally or Schneizel's to not pull something funny again. Hopefully they've abolished the whole monarchy thing for Britannia.
I think it'll be fine anyway, the transaction was from an individual to an idea, and Zero has become an idea that will inspire the people, the real sources of power, to continue on with that idea. And I'm for content of character versus genetics BTW, so I think this'll work out anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

Because Peace is not something easily gotten, it takes eternal vigilence.

Also if Kallen has cut ties with Lelouch she sure as hell doesn't show it. All the pictures she has up, the things Tael posted. If Lelouch had rejected her, it would be one thing, but he didn't even give her the dignity of that.
Uh, well first off I don't recall him ever getting it in the first place, and secondly that's the one thing I'm trying to say though, for it to succeed it must be the people themselves who work to maintain it. Captain America has become a crutch versus Zero who has become a symbol and an idea, in which people will aspire toward rather then depend on and that is how I feel true vigilance is to be maintained to keep the peace >_>

Uh, I said she moved on with her life and she has, she sure as hell isn't mopping about, she shows enthusiasm and peace as she now goes on with her life, as she should. And silence takes on its own rejection as I think was understood in that scene, as does bidding farewell in the literal sense with his "death" <_<
Old 2008-09-28, 15:53   Link #1332
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
What was the song called at the end when Kallen narrates?
"Continued Story" by Hitomi from R2 OST2.

The last track on that OST, I do believe.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:54   Link #1333
eextreme

the driver on the chariot looked like Lelouch, how else did C.C hitch a ride on there, and where is her code? Didn't see one before it ended. Season 3 anyone?
eextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:55   Link #1334
Rydrallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Do you know why there isn't a second Hitler after World War 2?
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:55   Link #1335
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eextreme View Post
the driver on the chariot looked like Lelouch, how else did C.C hitch a ride on there, and where is her code? Didn't see one before it ended. Season 3 anyone?
How did she hitch a ride? By asking?

If it is Lelouch where did he get a wagon from? And why is C.C. sitting ontop... like a hithchiker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydrallen View Post
Because the break in between subsequent Hitler-like people (Andrew Jackson, Hitler, The British Empire, Triangle Trade, and so on) is a few hundred years usually. Oh and, Stalin, sorry forgot about him. Stalin existed after World War II so your point fails so miserably its not even funny.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:55   Link #1336
Charred Knight

Quote:
I think it'll be fine anyway, the transaction was from an individual to an idea, and Zero has become an idea that will inspire the people, the real sources of power, to continue on with that idea. And I'm for content of character versus genetics BTW, so I think this'll work out anyway
Martin Luther King Jr. hasn't gotten rid of racism, Ghandi hasn't gotten peace.

The fact that most of the world hated Hitler didn't bring peace. If I wanted to see an unrealistic ending I would have watched Gundam Wing.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:56   Link #1337
Wali
Irate King

Pretty satisfied with the ending, I think any follow up series or OVA would be a bad idea. The ending is open and there's no way to decide whether he's alive or dead. Whichever makes you feel better, believe it. Both are very plausible conclusions and neither can be proven or denied. I wish some how, some way the truth would have gotten out. Nobody but C.C. truly knew why he did everything he did, and if the truth had gotten out, I would have felt even better about the ending. Then again, if the truth did get out it would need to happen after many years, because right now he's needed as a figure of hatred.

Either way, the ending went about as well as one could hope, I'm kinda surprised the whole Gino/Kallen thing never happened, but still, about as good as anyone could hope for.

Edit

Unreal Ending? He knew all the people of power and had been able to personally inspect those who would rule the world. He formed a close nit bond between all the current world leaders and since they all knew each other, and he knew they were all excellent candidates for government who would not waste such an easy opportunity for peace and unity, I don't see how the ending is unrealistic.

Last edited by Wali; 2008-09-28 at 16:00. Reason: above comment.
Wali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:56   Link #1338
Mr.Mo

Awesome ending. To me, it made the series complete in every way. Orange working at an orange farm? XD Awesome.

I could care less about C.C.'s name cause if it was to be revealed, it would loose it interest anyways.

Edit:
The show didn't need a realistic ending.. it needed an idealistic ending.
Mr.Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:57   Link #1339
kamikazex

awesome series....
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:57   Link #1340
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydrallen View Post
because no one would elect a madman like that again?

Obviously their are people like Hitler, for example Osama Bin Laden.