AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-18, 13:24   Link #1
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

THE DARK KNIGHT (2008) Joker Revealed!

This is the trailer for the new sequel to Batman Begins.And I must say that Heath Ledger did an extraordinary job as the Joker.This is by far the darkest Joker I've seen in Batman.A Joker that truly scares the shit out people, a truly deranged psycopath, how Joker was meant to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkT1wdRePco

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"
Old 2007-12-18, 13:34   Link #2
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

OMG !!! I want To See it .....
New Movie With The JOKER ...I love His Character....In the series He make me Laugh
I guess He Little Scary In this Movie.....
Old 2007-12-18, 13:37   Link #3
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
woot! can't wait to see the damn movie. the joker = best batman villian/my favorite psychopath, and batman = best fvcking superhero ever.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:51   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
woot! can't wait to see the damn movie. the joker = best batman villian/my favorite psychopath, and batman = best fvcking superhero ever.
Batman's 2 worst enemies = Joker and himself

when u got his worst enemies in the same movie its gotta be awesome
can't wait for this, and Yes Batman = best F***ing superhero ever!
Old 2007-12-18, 13:56   Link #5
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I actually saw this trailer when I went to see I am Legend (pretty good movie btw). I thought to myself "Damn! I did not expect Heath Ledger's Joker to be that awesome".
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:59   Link #6
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I saw the trailer when I watched "I Am Legend". It was really good. Joker looks more derange than usual. The promotional poster of Joker writing "Why so serious?" is something. I'm definitely waiting for this movie.

--> Btw, any chance you guys found a wallpaper of Joker writing "Why so serious?"
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 14:59   Link #7
arcadeplayer987

The trailer is good but I still wonder about the story
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:28   Link #8
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Only problem here that I foresee is that they're not going to explain why he calls himself the Joker in this movie, probably.

There's a ton of reasons in the show and comics why he got his smile... ranging anywhere from acid to a Batarang.

Unfortunately, it looks like his smile is only makeup in this movie. I think it would've been a lot cooler if his mouth was actually cut open that wide like in most of the adaptations.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 19:00   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye... he may play the role exceptionally well, but the makeup is lame (psychopath lame) and the Joker essence of deformity is lost. <sigh> its too bad because it looks like he's really got a nice take on the personality.
Old 2007-12-18, 23:50   Link #10
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

WOW.... I want to see this movie!!!!!!!!!! Finally, Joker as he was truly meant to be. Man, that actor has one evil laugh; it's definitely crazy but it's not over the top like in the cartoon --- I love it! Looks like this particular actor got a crazy new spin on a classic villian.

And for the people complaining about the makeup... who cares? REAL villians wouldn't spend time getting their face paint perfect---they're more concerned about blowin' stuff up. No, really, I'm serious.
Old 2007-12-19, 00:09   Link #11
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
aye... he may play the role exceptionally well, but the makeup is lame (psychopath lame) and the Joker essence of deformity is lost. <sigh> its too bad because it looks like he's really got a nice take on the personality.
Yep, this trailer will definitely silence the haters that said Heath Ledger couldn't be a good joker. This is the first time we've heard him speak as the Joker, and I have to say, his voice is quite on target, though it sounds a bit cheesy sometimes ("Why so serious?").

What I'm confused about, though is this:
Spoiler for First official Joker pic:

That picture was released a few months ago in a viral marketing campaign. You can clearly see some sort of scarring in it. There haven't been any recent pictures though, that have shown his face in detail, so I don't know if that look is being preserved.

My theory is that...
Spoiler for :O:
Old 2007-12-19, 00:10   Link #12
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
And for the people complaining about the makeup... who cares? REAL villians wouldn't spend time getting their face paint perfect---they're more concerned about blowin' stuff up. No, really, I'm serious.
yeah. besides, the current batman movies have a bit more 'realism' compared to its comic counterpart. though i'd have liked it as well if it was the whole chemical bath thing, like in The Killing Joke.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 00:15   Link #13
Papaya
Sup

High-def trailer:
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15813

Spoiler for joker poster:
Old 2007-12-19, 00:46   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
WOW.... I want to see this movie!!!!!!!!!! Finally, Joker as he was truly meant to be. Man, that actor has one evil laugh; it's definitely crazy but it's not over the top like in the cartoon --- I love it! Looks like this particular actor got a crazy new spin on a classic villian.

Just like real heroes wouldn't waste all that money and time on 'bat' art on their equipment and costume

Actually I'm fine with the psychotic makeup style ... it was just hard to tell from the trailer whether he's physically normal with lousy clown style or if he's actually mutilated/deformed/burned in some fashion. The early art posters imply yes.. the trailer was a bit hard to discern.

He's got the voice down though.... taste in purple wardrobe and stuff: check. Be interesting to see what he does in comparison to Jack Nicholson. It may be a non-issue as Jack really kind of went for a 1930s style Joker (as did the movie he played the part in which had a more 1930s gothic sensibility).
Old 2007-12-19, 00:57   Link #15
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
High-def trailer:
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15813

Spoiler for joker poster:
I gotta say. When i watched the trailer in theater last saturday when i was watching I am Legend, the trailer wasn't that good. I do love that poster though ^^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 02:28   Link #16
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Looking foward to it. Christian Bale does good hero roles in Equilibrium and Batman Begins. He will triumph once more.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 09:27   Link #17
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

OooooOooOoo. Someone had just put a smile on my face.

So, when is this due out? I must admit, I would not have expected pretty boy Heath Ledger to pull this off. I'm looking forward to this.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 10:06   Link #18
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Batman is leaving its own roots with the last movies, more like awakening from a dream world to reality and becoming just a regular action movie. The trailer was not powerful, the action scenes were lonely, batman against joker with no one around. And, the new joker looks like a man with bad makeup, unlike the original one with style. I can understand their attempt to erase the sign of the old broken series, but, with a cast like that they could have pulled better.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 10:15   Link #19
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Hmm. Well, for my part, I never really liked Tim Burton's take on Batman back in the 90s. Tim Burton tends to go over-the-top. His style works in movies like the Nightmare Before Christmas, but Batman is not meant to be dark comedy. When it comes to the Dark Knight, I much prefer Frank Miller's gritty interpretation, which Christian Bale captures pretty well, in my opinion.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 10:27   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Hmm. Well, for my part, I never really liked Tim Burton's take on Batman back in the 90s. Tim Burton tends to go over-the-top. His style works in movies like the Nightmare Before Christmas, but Batman is not meant to be dark comedy.
Still, he directed the only ones that really matter. Batman had its own confined world and imo that worked pretty well. Or, maybe because I like Burton's style, and have been energized to see his next one this weekend.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi