AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-23, 21:49   Link #2021
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Finally watched 24. One hell of a lot of people died on both sides. We finally saw fire girl from the begining of the show.

Spoiler for Mao:
Old 2007-09-23, 22:32   Link #2022
anselfir
Style Über Alles

who is this misao character
Old 2007-09-23, 22:44   Link #2023
tresor

Episode 24 was great if depressing

Yes, I agree w/ this point... I thought it was a major mistake when Amba unfroze Amagiri's in episode 16... my non-scientific type friends even jumped all over that 1, especially as Amber made a point of "time-travel" being "all alone."
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
Spoiler:
I got interesting feedback from this episode from friends, so I guess it was pretty good w/o doubt.

Spoiler for Mao the Cat:

Amber is literally eternal no? A woman friend of mine remembered that from our trip to St. Petersburg... Meaning Amber is out this equation.

I think Misao is really Misaki in disguise.

Brita In the truck:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1982

Any action on ending speculation?

Now to the reason I decided to post tonight, aside from this awful ESPN Sports Center and not wanting to listen to Lovey Smith state "Rex Grossman is our quarterback for the future" ugghhh and then TO, double ugghhh, bet the TO w/ great attitude doesn't last long.

Spoiler for Wild Wild Guess on Hei's identity, my money is still on Hei being Venetian:

Just thought of this 1:
Spoiler for Hei is a pain in Bai's neck:

Maybe -1 -1 = -2, or I guess 2 divided by 0... Well, I guess Hei & Amber go hand in hand, I think the Amber Amagiri Egg = Hei & Desu/Maki smile protector amulet = you've just been played. She needed Amagiri's confidence in order to complete the Amber mission (see Episode 25).

Last edited by tresor; 2007-09-24 at 00:17.
Old 2007-09-24, 00:19   Link #2024
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
Just thought of this 1:
Spoiler for Hei is a pain in Bai's neck:
Wait... what? Are you saying Hei thinks girls shouldn't kill and that it's a man's job or something like that?
Old 2007-09-24, 00:27   Link #2025
ani_d

I think in the end Amber will probably turn into a fetus and will look like a gold fish out of the water in front of Hei

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
End: Amber turns into a baby, while Hei and Misao pretend to be her parents after pulling a disappearing act.
Who is Misao? :|
Old 2007-09-24, 00:51   Link #2026
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

A Lucky Star character.

(Actually, a typo for Misaki...)
Old 2007-09-24, 01:06   Link #2027
tresor

^^^yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Wait... what? Are you saying Hei thinks girls shouldn't kill and that it's a man's job or something like that?
Yes, it seems like that to me, especially it seems Hei is eternally fighting Wei for "some reason." Yeah, thinking about your question, there was also Havoc/Carmine bizarre torture session. Who else, Alice Wang. Hei let Wei kill her.
Spoiler for Mina - Episode 11 & 12 Brain MeltDown:

Hei liked the Eureka doll though, hum mm. Hei likes Misaki, but Misaki never seems to accomplish anything.

But, I also have a personal viewpoint (file under postmortem):
I don't like Hei, I despised Hei from the first second he appeared. 2 reasons why this show interested me from that first second:
1) The show is obviously 100% about Hei and I hate Hei, which is interesting to me. Like Spike & CowBoy BeBop.
2) I knew with this show I could watch it with my women friends as I correctly predicted that about 100% of them would like Hei. But their second favorite character is usually Misaki, which I'm OK with.

Which leads me to an interesting point from this weekend, a woman friend said to me, "What do you think about the relationship between Hei & Bai (from episode 23). I don't like it." Well, my response was, it creeped me out, I turned the TV off and put on Sirius satellite Radio. I didn't watch that episode in full, even now, maybe after 25. The last time I had that reaction was in the BSG miniseries when the Six Cylon snapped the babies neck: they went to commercial, and I came back 2 weeks later. I said I don't like Hei, so it is not the big deal to me. The comeback from the woman friend was this: "Well, I still like Hei anyway". Me- grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
That's why I never bothered much in analyzing Hei, except to myself.

P.S. From team Hei:
Yin reminds of my sister, so I like Yin.
I like the fact the Mao is pretty much 100% consistent and everything Mao says seems to make sense, especially when Mao told Huang to shoot Shihoko. I bet the fact that Mao is a cat and is the most rational of that group serves as some sort of an inside joke.

Here is how I think the Hei story should end: Hei should re-incarnate into a giant black bat, as he is probably bat#$% crazy. And there would be the sequel, Hei the Vampire.
And I would watch it.

Last edited by tresor; 2007-09-24 at 03:02.
Old 2007-09-24, 05:30   Link #2028
Ashez

Just watched ep 24, good stuff.

Ambers obedience is that she gets younger every time she uses her powers right?
She was quite the kid at the end of ep 24.
I'm interested in Bai and really hope there will be some story developed around here.

When it comes to the ending I've no idea. I kinda get the whole happy ending feel out of this show, I think Amber will die but not so sure Hei will.

is it 25 or 26 eps?
Old 2007-09-24, 07:04   Link #2029
anselfir
Style Über Alles

misaki is the best character in the show, the reason i watch it actually. she at least puts up a front, at being a feminist figure. teh way things go in most animus, the girls are all sorts of fucking docile and we rarely see them with any idealistic vision or take on initiative roles...oh fuck. so the wait for feminist animu continues.

edit: let's go amber!

Last edited by anselfir; 2007-09-24 at 08:21.
Old 2007-09-24, 08:18   Link #2030
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashez View Post
When it comes to the ending I've no idea. I kinda get the whole happy ending feel out of this show, I think Amber will die but not so sure Hei will.
what? happy ending and Amber will die? Amber die = no happy ending!!!
Old 2007-09-24, 08:21   Link #2031
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Amber will turn into a fetus,lol.
Old 2007-09-24, 09:09   Link #2032
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

There are another question, which may be important - why Havoc's powers regressed? Maybe Pai or Amber have something with it.

Speculations for ending? Hei will choose bad/stupid/coincidential option so Amber (with Pai's help - she have so much influence on her bro!) will show him his mistake and Amber'll shift time to give him a second chance to correct his mistake, sacrificing herself and turning in baby

Interesting situation with Pai / Hei / Yin. Friends of mine who knows quite good japanese said, that Yin's name is writting in Japanese as "Gin". But at the same time this in kanji as well as in traditional chinese means "Ying-Yang". Black, white, ying & yang?
Old 2007-09-24, 11:49   Link #2033
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I am in Shock... Tresor hates Hei....
Old 2007-09-24, 18:41   Link #2034
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
There are another question, which may be important - why Havoc's powers regressed? Maybe Pai or Amber have something with it.

Speculations for ending? Hei will choose bad/stupid/coincidential option so Amber (with Pai's help - she have so much influence on her bro!) will show him his mistake and Amber'll shift time to give him a second chance to correct his mistake, sacrificing herself and turning in baby

Interesting situation with Pai / Hei / Yin. Friends of mine who knows quite good japanese said, that Yin's name is writting in Japanese as "Gin". But at the same time this in kanji as well as in traditional chinese means "Ying-Yang". Black, white, ying & yang?
i think it is silver, yin
Old 2007-09-24, 20:14   Link #2035
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

*Incomprehensible delusional ranting snipped*

tresor, what exactly did you have for dinner?
I think it's having weird side effects. More specifically, narcotic effects.

Quote:
Pronounciation in chinese : kanji : color in english : (pronounciation of the kanji in Japanese)
Hei = 黒 = black (kuro)
Pai = 白 = white (shiro)
Yin = 銀 = silver (gin)
Huang = 黄 = yellow (ki)
Mao = 猫 = cat (neko)

Carmine (Havoc) = crimson red
Amber = Amber

With the exception of Mao, everyone in the organization are coded after color.
Hope that helps.

PS: I wonder what codename Mai got.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-09-24 at 20:27.
Old 2007-09-24, 20:52   Link #2036
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I wonder what codename Mai got.
Like this, I guess

Hong = 紅 = red (aka)
Old 2007-09-24, 21:31   Link #2037
hipeach

Quote:
Friends of mine who knows quite good japanese said, that Yin's name is writting in Japanese as "Gin". But at the same time this in kanji as well as in traditional chinese means "Ying-Yang". Black, white, ying & yang?
Nope

DTB : Yin's kanji is 銀 (silver)

Yin-Yang : Yin's kanji is 陰 (darkness, feminity, passive)

they are different, albeit in chinese religion, the element of metal (which silver is part of) does represent the Yin element in Yin-Yang, and interestingly, the element of wood (which amber is part of) represents the Yang element in Yin-Yang. But I doubt the animators are intentional on this.
Old 2007-09-24, 21:36   Link #2038
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
*Incomprehensible delusional ranting snipped*

tresor, what exactly did you have for dinner?
I think it's having weird side effects. More specifically, narcotic effects.
jejeje, i didnt understand his point neither...
Old 2007-09-24, 21:39   Link #2039
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Who is Misao? :|
A Lucky Star character.

(Actually, a typo for Misaki...)
Well, there is one thing Hei and Misao might have in common...

Also, there wasn't exactly much point for Mao to go to the gate, was there? If he 'died' because the scientists finally caught up with his hacking (or the Syndicate somehow figured out another way to pull the plug), sure, but if it was proximity to the gate, that's just a pointless death.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-09-25 at 08:09.
Old 2007-09-24, 22:36   Link #2040
anselfir
Style Über Alles

lolwut. what the fuck was that

Tags
action, supernatural