Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-19, 08:43   Link #241
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Am I the only one who was a GXK fan until Suzaku joined Lelouche?
You mean you weren't after?
Old 2008-12-19, 08:46   Link #242
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You mean you weren't after?
Well, though I do like their interactions in Turn 23 (and the Turn 25 catch), but some fandom responses really made me distaste this pairing.
Old 2008-12-19, 08:49   Link #243
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_14310 View Post
Yeah sorta though after Suzaku left a lot more people became fans of GinoxKallen
Well just a note here, cause i've been in other places as well and in LJ, a lot of people "jumped" to the GxK wagon in episode 18, when Kallen left the nice-glass-box and she was on the field. Field as in general. {include romance here} It was ok while she was captured but when she was out, "woo-hoo, Gino x Kallen are awesome together"
Never saw that awesome chemistry you ask me. But ok, to each his own. I just found it interesting that a lot of people decided to become fans at that exact moment.
Old 2008-12-19, 08:59   Link #244
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Well just a note here, cause i've been in other places as well and in LJ, a lot of people "jumped" to the GxK wagon in episode 18, when Kallen left the nice-glass-box and she was on the field. Field as in general. {include romance here} It was ok while she was captured but when she was out, "woo-hoo, Gino x Kallen are awesome together"
Never saw that awesome chemistry you ask me. But ok, to each his own. I just found it interesting that a lot of people decided to become fans at that exact moment.
LOL, this pairing caught my interest in Turn 9 (wait, that was the RuruKare+XingkeXTianzi turn!)...
Then Gino "rescued" Kallen from Rapist!Luciano, cliched yet somehow "moe"(<-can't explain this, the usage of moe is slightly different in the Chinese fandom).
Turn 18 was the typical "they make a damn pretty picture together" and hence many Kallen fans are sold.

IMO, that "awesome chemistry" is the same thing many yaoi-fangirls feel when they see 2+ hot guys together.
MOE, in a burning sense.

Hadn't it been for a certain line in Turn 19 I would have stayed a die-hard GXK fan.
Old 2008-12-19, 09:17   Link #245
Eliarine

I don't know about other fans of the pairing, but their interaction post-Turn 22 is what made me really like it. In the one scene they shared alone, before battle, I thought they looked like they could really understand each other, having both "lost" someone they loved and who had "betrayed" them, in a way. Gino's words, and the way Kallen looked at him made me feel like they were seeing and understanding each other for the first time, looking beyond the pilots. Forget about romance; that scene made me think that in their time of hurt and confusion, they knew they were not alone and that there was at least one person that could understand them and eventually offer comfort should the worst come to pass.
Old 2008-12-19, 09:21   Link #246
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
I don't know about other fans of the pairing, but their interaction post-Turn 22 is the one that made me really like it. In the one scene they shared alone, before battle, I thought they looked like they could really understand each other, having both "lost" someone they loved and who had "betrayed" them, in a way. Gino's words, and the way Kallen looked at him made me feel like they were seeing and understanding each other for the first time, looking beyond the pilots. Forget about romance; that scene made me think that in their time of hurt and confusion, they knew they were not alone and that there was at least one person that could understand them and eventually offer comfort should the worst come to pass.
Fair enough but i just always thought that the way Kallen said "eh? you are welcome" seemed a bit funny to me, she was like, "uh-huh, ok i guess."
Their interactions in general are ok, i don't loathe them i don't worship them. Only moment i kinda liked + was when they were together against Suzaku in the latest turns, but that must be the Guren fangirl in me, in whatever form this red god appears i am like woah. xD
Old 2008-12-19, 09:47   Link #247
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Well, though I do like their interactions in Turn 23 (and the Turn 25 catch), but some fandom responses really made me distaste this pairing.
Come to think of it, I felt the same but for my case it is towards Rurukare. Thanks to this pairing, I got a number of neg rep due to my comments.

Kallen and Gino interaction are nice. If things stand like now, there is chances for them. Both of them have to move on even if they ended up with OC not together. I 'interpreted' from 2ch with my limited understanding in Japanese that Kallen and Gino are in still in touch through e-mails four years later. Kallen kept all the photos Gino had sent her. That was from the novel in Sneakers. How true was it? I wish I know.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Old 2008-12-19, 09:50   Link #248
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Come to think of it, I felt the same but for my case it is towards Rurukare. Thanks to this pairing, I got a number of neg rep due to my comments.

Kallen and Gino interaction are nice. If things stand like now, there is chances for them. Both of them have to move on even if they ended up with OC not together. I 'interpreted' from 2ch with my limited understanding in Japanese that Kallen and Gino are in still in touch through e-mails four years later. Kallen kept all the photos Gino had sent her. That was from the novel in Sneakers. How true was it? I wish I know.
Not exactly canon, but still sweet to some degrees~
I think I still like this pairing, but everytime I read all those "OMG, XXX is canon because Kallen is gonna be 'recycled' by Gino" I really don't know what to say.
/facepalm
Old 2008-12-19, 09:58   Link #249
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Oh trust me about neg reps, do not take it personally. I have gone through CCxLulu phase i got bad rep. Through Kalulu phase, oh boy, a hell of bad reps. It is just the way it is, some people can't counter your points, so they think they are smart by giving you bad reps. Not right, but the way it is. :/

Really? Never heard of it actually, sounds nice though.
Like i have said, possible scenarios about the future, there can be million. I just can't see them "together" in the sense of romantic form, keeping in mind their charas-sync. Comrades, yes. But not pairing.
Old 2008-12-19, 09:59   Link #250
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

I thought in the novels it was implied that she didn't keep in touch with him ? Novels contradict itself ? Oh well those are only novels anyway but it's kinda strange.

Well if bad rep can convince people to hate some pairing I think I must have an inner rabid hate inside of me toward some WitchxKing pairing -_-
But I don't think we are allowed to talk about that, so (but this rep ysteme is WTF really)

Quote:
Fair enough but i just always thought that the way Kallen said "eh? you are welcome" seemed a bit funny to me, she was like, "uh-huh, ok i guess."
Lol same here. I didn't saw this as a "we are similar/we can understand each other" or anything, not at all, Kallen's answer came directly from nowhere, a sort of "Whut ? If you say so..."
Now Just like dec4, this pairing get on my nerves because let's be fair, most of the time it's used to push Kallen away from a certain someone. She has been shipped with Xingke, Suzaku, Gino...Hard to take anything else seriously, especially when people emphasize on those "pairings" while dismissing the amount of pairing moment with a certain someone.
And God Knows I have nothing against Gino...

Old 2008-12-19, 10:07   Link #251
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Really? Never heard of it actually, sounds nice though.
Like i have said, possible scenarios about the future, there can be million. I just can't see them "together" in the sense of romantic form, keeping in mind their charas-sync. Comrades, yes. But not pairing.
Quote:
Not exactly canon, but still sweet to some degrees~
I think I still like this pairing, but everytime I read all those "OMG, XXX is canon because Kallen is gonna be 'recycled' by Gino" I really don't know what to say.
/facepalm
Oh sweet. They are in touch, at the very least as friends. Whether they could be a pair, it is up in the air.

Quote:
Oh trust me about neg reps, do not take it personally. I have gone through CCxLulu phase i got bad rep. Through Kalulu phase, oh boy, a hell of bad reps. It is just the way it is, some people can't counter your points, so they think they are smart by giving you bad reps. Not right, but the way it is. :/
I'm rather pissed due to the comment written. RuruC isn't that bad. Maybe I haven't said something which triggers neg rep from them. o, I don't take it personally but still I feel frustrated if I'm swayed of my preference because of this.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Old 2008-12-19, 10:07   Link #252
AceFlashheart

So in conclusion, Gino x Kalen BFF = Canon.

Romance = take it or leave it?

Next topic - Is Gino Bisexual? Does he fancy Suzuka or is he just teasing?

Or is he a sort of awesomesexual, attracked to people by their ability to pilot a giant robot?

Gino x Setsuna ^^? "Knightmare!" "Gundam!"
Old 2008-12-19, 10:08   Link #253
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

Lol same here. I didn't saw this as a "we are similar/we can understand each other" or anything, not at all, Kallen's answer came directly from nowhere, a sort of "Whut ? If you say so..."
Now Just like dec4, this pairing get on my nerves because let's be fair, most of the time it's used to push Kallen away from a certain someone. She has been shipped with Xingke, Suzaku, Gino...Hard to take anything else seriously, especially when people emphasize on those "pairings" while dismissing the amount of pairing moment with a certain someone.
True, if you look at her face {my current icon :P} she was like "aha sure, if a rocket comes and lands in your head right now, i won't give a crap about you honey" rofl

No srsly, i don't think it was a deep moment. I say, it was more of a "deep" moment {if you can say this} about Gino's realization, why he is fighting. Kallen already had her resolve, it seemed more like a casual talk.

I mean, if we want to be fair, suppose we take this as valid point for something that can be interpreted as a hint that can lead to romance.
Then alright guys, Kallen x Lelouch interactions in R2 means what? They married secretly or something? We need to keep in mind, that a single moment can't bring the summer-romance.
Old 2008-12-19, 10:10   Link #254
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Well, we have to agree that this is still the most effective and convenient device in....say, fanfiction or doujin...LOL
You should add Rivalz, Tamaki, Laksharta etc to the list....

*fanfic/doujin mode switched on*

In fanworks, I do see some similarities between GinoXKallen and Sarutobi SasukeXKasuga...

Wait, actually it is Gino->KallenXa certain someone->Suzaku or Nunnally=Sasuke->KasugaXKenshin->Shingen

Quote:

I'm rather pissed due to the comment written. RuruC isn't that bad. Maybe I haven't said something which triggers neg rep from them. o, I don't take it personally but still I feel frustrated if I'm swayed of my preference because of this.

I do understand...there was a time I also received rude treatments from some extreme rurukare fans for bringing up the Gino-taboo. To me it was like "damn I don't want to be in this fandom anymore..."

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2008-12-19 at 10:25.
Old 2008-12-19, 10:34   Link #255
Eliarine

Quote:
I mean, if we want to be fair, suppose we take this as valid point for something that can be interpreted as a hint that can lead to romance.
Then alright guys, Kallen x Lelouch interactions in R2 means what? They married secretly or something? We need to keep in mind, that a single moment can't bring the summer-romance.
The thing is, we're not necessarily taking it as a "hint" for romance, we're looking at that scene and exchanging what we got from it; in my case, that they could become good friends and that this could be a basis for future development. We're not saying the scene means they must hook up - at least I'm not - we're saying they could.

After that, just like with every other "meaningful" scene, it all comes down to your own interpretations of characters, scenes and developments.
Old 2008-12-19, 10:40   Link #256
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
The thing is, we're not necessarily taking it as a "hint" for romance, we're looking at that scene and exchanging what we got from it; in my case, that they could become good friends and that this could be a basis for future development. We're not saying the scene means they must hook up - at least I'm not - we're saying they could.

After that, just like with every other "meaningful" scene, it all comes down to your own interpretations of characters, scenes and developments.
I get what you mean, i do. We are actually saying kinda the same thing, only it seems to me like the case of:
I say :: 1+1 = 2.
You say :: 1+0+0+1+0 = 2.
I think, you kinda over-analyze a scene, when there is no need, or there is nothing to over-analyze there. I mean, it was a casual talk.
Kallen had casual talks with various people in the show, does this make it "plausible" for something to happen with them in the future as well?

Like i have said, i am no denying that in the future everything happens. But the show ended with Kallen being hung up on Lelouch, her wish to protect the world he created and taking care of her mama. There was no Gino or anyone else there for her on that matter.
I mean, if there was like, Gino waiting for her to go to school together or something, even just a glimpse of him in the end with her, then yes. This, could be a start but there was nothing. There was just Kallen, solo.
Old 2008-12-19, 10:44   Link #257
Levy
differently sober

About Karen - the first time Xingke appeared, I thought something like - Oh, Karen and the chinese guy might be interesting....
but then we learn about Tianzi and XingkeTianzi is just too sweet... <3

The scene from Turn 23 between Gino and Karen I liked it too, because, forgetting romance, you see two people that were so distant before finding a common ground. I've never liked KaGino nor I do now, but before Turn23 I really dislike it, like I used to dislike.. say.. Lloyd/Milly because i couldn't think of a single plan in wich they could understand each other. After that, I've became more possibilist, althought not liking it still and being aware that Karen has loads of other things in her mind... but the future is always a wonder ^^

About the reps... it would be a much better thing if they weren't anonymous. I understand that just a few would dare to give non-anonyomous reputation, but the amount of trolls around makes me think it would be much better if it was signed.
Old 2008-12-19, 10:46   Link #258
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the funny thing is that the wedding picture sparked a lot of ginoxkallen
and yet very few people have started shiping ginoxtainzi (they were pretty close in the pic on kallen's wall)
Old 2008-12-19, 10:50   Link #259
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Assuming Kallen does eventually get over Lelouch, move on and somehow doesn't start measuring every potential candidate against him, what sort of criteria do you think she'd be looking for?

I'm going for doesn't think Lelouch is a bastard(farewell Gino) or at the very least doesn't say so to her face. I'm pretty sure thats something she wouldn't tolerate AT ALL after what he ended up doing for her.

Oh and assuming she does meet someone, marry and have a kid or 3, i wonder how she'd feel with her kid being taught in school about how the Demon Emperor Lelouch was a horribly cruel tyrant bent on world domination which is in fact a pile of crap?
Old 2008-12-19, 10:52   Link #260
Eliarine

Quote:
I get what you mean, i do. We are actually saying kinda the same thing, only it seems to me like the case of:
I say :: 1+1 = 2.
You say :: 1+0+0+1+0 = 2.
I think, you kinda over-analyze a scene, when there is no need, or there is nothing to over-analyze there. I mean, it was a casual talk.
Kallen had casual talks with various people in the show, does this make it "plausible" for something to happen with them in the future as well?

Like i have said, i am no denying that in the future everything happens. But the show ended with Kallen being hung up on Lelouch, her wish to protect the world he created and taking care of her mama. There was no Gino or anyone else there for her on that matter.
I mean, if there was like, Gino waiting for her to go to school together or something, even just a glimpse of him in the end with her, then yes. This, could be a start but there was nothing. There was just Kallen, solo.
I...would be overanalyzing the scene if I was saying "See here, this scene? They're understanding each other. They're definitely going to be together in the future." What I am saying is only that this scene, coupled with their interactions and the fact that I think their personalities would match, could be basis for something. That's it, really.

About Kallen, I think we just disagree on her personality in general. What I got from her epilogue was something kind of Titanic-like - she will always have a special place for Lelouch in her heart, she will always look at his picture fondly, but I can definitely see her moving on. Which, again, doesn't mean she will.

And as for the need for a "glimpse", I think their standing close together in that pic could be taken as one, but let's not go there.
Closed Thread