AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 23:10   Link #841
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmm, I might show back up just to see if there is any decent deep immersion roleplay guilds left. I have little interest in the "Korean grindfest" as such.
Exactly what I'm doing with my old 45 Berserker from when I first played. I'm only playing in like 1 hr increments because the grind is pretty boring. I mean it's easy to kill and easy to do the quests, it's just kinda boring. No real point in doing any pre lvl 60 dungeons considering you can just buy gear equivalent for fairly cheap on the AH.

I do have some friends playing again so it might making RP and killing BAMs fun, but like others said, given time the F2P will turn out bad just as it did SWTOR (except it was worse there; in fact it was worse the moment F2P started haha).

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 23:19   Link #842
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The worse has come to rise. Server ques give me minutes of wait.
Old 2013-02-06, 23:26   Link #843
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The worse has come to rise. Server ques give me minutes of wait.
I think you can pretty much expect this in the first week, because there's no point in them creating a whole ton of servers to accommodate a sudden surge that will probably balance out over time. Better to wait for a while and see how things end-up, and then decide if you need more servers. I'd rather they have some queues for now than have to do server merges later (which causes the whole mess with character name conflicts).
Old 2013-02-06, 23:46   Link #844
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
No queues on Celestial Hills, despite much of the Brazilians ending up here due to it being the first server in the server list (blah)...

Edit: Actually I take much of my previous comments about doom and gloom back. There are so many ways to get everything you need now without even touching the trade broker, the only people that will be negatively affected by the F2P changes are the "gotta have it right now" crowd and the tryhards. Casual players such as myself have never had a better version of TERA.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2013-02-07 at 02:44.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 06:29   Link #845
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just realize the reason I couldn't try this game is because it locked out IP outside of NA. Guess I'm going to pass on this game.
Old 2013-02-09, 02:59   Link #846
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I just realize the reason I couldn't try this game is because it locked out IP outside of NA. Guess I'm going to pass on this game.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is probably a publisher that serves your market as well. I think the only reason certain versions of the game are IP locked to certain countries is because there is already another provider that serves that country and they want everyone to support the publisher in their own region.
Old 2013-02-09, 18:33   Link #847
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Started a priest and I'm kind of liking him, but I'm skeptical of how slow it might be to level while soloing whereas I <3 my berserker and his insane damage especially buffed up in dungeons.

Old 2013-02-10, 00:36   Link #848
Tiberium Wolf

I have been playing Aion (EU). Any reason why I should change to this game? I've have never played it before.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:13   Link #849
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I have been playing Aion (EU). Any reason why I should change to this game? I've have never played it before.
Don't want to spend hours and hours on the same instance for gear that will never drop for you or have "ninjas"? Don't want gimped PvP with just zerg rushes and unbalanced classes? Then you should play Tera. I also recently quit Aion because I got tired of running the same instance over and over and not getting what I want.

The main reason why I like Tera is that gear isn't so hard to get; however, it's also a main reason why I dislike Tera because it's fairly easy to get good gear. All one needs to do is buy from the AH. Although, at 60 you have to run the dungeons of course for gear but afaik, it's not hard in to get gear when compared to Aion. I haven't done PvP yet but afaik, classes aren't really that unbalanced and PvP here seems to be more group oriented and no fail zerg rushes.

The lvl grind is kind of boring, but it's not as slow as Aion. There's PLENTY of quests to help you level and a nice variety of classes/weapons/skills. I liked Aion's grind because the skill animations for all the classes were nice and always kept me entertained. Here, the skill animations are decent, but when I play my Berserker, I do get kind of bored just cycloning around all day

Old 2013-02-10, 15:15   Link #850
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Actually the running the same instance over and over again for gear that never drops pretty much describes TERA, too. Though, you can buy most gear from other players (so you can just save up over time and buy your stuff) and there's some decent infinity minus one gear from a a few reputation vendors.

I don't think I'd play TERA if I didn't roleplay. The RP I have with my guild offsets the limited endgame and complete lack of fluff content, so I'm fairly content continuing to play and even pay my $15 subscription fee for the extra anti-grinding perks.

If anyone's interested in taking a look at what my guild is all about, the webby is here: delphian-consortium.enjin.com. We roleplay a crapton and do other things on the side. Of course, we're on Celestial Hills. If heavy immersion-based roleplay with lots of plotting and character interaction and development sounds like your thing, the Consortium is where to get it.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:25   Link #851
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Tera's PvE is lazy, it's fun when you are figuring it out what to do, but once you put it on farm status it gets boring as hell. The lack of endgame instances basically means once u figure out the 2 endgame instances, you are just farming for gear.

Most people are not competitive in Tera, but if you are, the PvP is kinda fun (3v3 not BG, BG is garbage). We need the next patch for open world pvp to be revived, since the addition of open world resources will probably spark it, till then, plow 3v3s or RP is the only real fun you get in Tera.

shameless plug for my channel (many Tera vids):

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeraTako?feature=guide
Old 2013-02-11, 12:36   Link #852
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Tera's PvE is lazy, it's fun when you are figuring it out what to do, but once you put it on farm status it gets boring as hell. The lack of endgame instances basically means once u figure out the 2 endgame instances, you are just farming for gear.

Most people are not competitive in Tera, but if you are, the PvP is kinda fun (3v3 not BG, BG is garbage). We need the next patch for open world pvp to be revived, since the addition of open world resources will probably spark it, till then, plow 3v3s or RP is the only real fun you get in Tera.

shameless plug for my channel (many Tera vids):

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeraTako?feature=guide
Sounds about right xD. Btw, I like the music you play in the background of your vids. I get tired of heavy/death metal, trance, electric, etc on gameplay vids xP

Old 2013-02-11, 16:22   Link #853
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yeah, I typically avoid many gameplay videos as they have music I get tired listening.
Old 2013-02-11, 20:03   Link #854
Xacual

Downloaded this to give it a try and character customization seems kind of annoying what with the features being tied to hair styles. I wanted an Elin with Cat Ears / Tail and long hair but that's not an option sadly.

Not sure what class I want to play either, I made a sorcerer but was tempted to try Slayer or Warrior too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 20:15   Link #855
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Downloaded this to give it a try and character customization seems kind of annoying what with the features being tied to hair styles. I wanted an Elin with Cat Ears / Tail and long hair but that's not an option sadly.

Not sure what class I want to play either, I made a sorcerer but was tempted to try Slayer or Warrior too.
You and the rest of us Elin players - in this day with char gen tools like western MMOs have there's really no excuse for it. OTOH, it is somewhat better than most Asian MMOs where you're lucky if there are three heads to choose from.
Old 2013-02-11, 23:38   Link #856
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, downloading EU version right now. Is anyone playing on EU?
Old 2013-02-12, 01:20   Link #857
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Does the game still IP block everyone from Asia?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 03:33   Link #858
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Does the game still IP block everyone from Asia?
I believe the EU Publisher serves most countries in Asia as well (with a few exceptions), so you should use that rather than the North American version. (The list of blocked countries for Tera Europe is apparently here.)
Old 2013-02-12, 08:32   Link #859
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I was kinda interested in Mystic, but after various wandering trip around the internet, it seems like this is the class that one shouldn't roll as their first character, seeing they are hard to place and aren't master at anything.

Should I just start with the Sorcerer to establish my financial situation first before taking a step toward Mystic?
Old 2013-02-12, 13:27   Link #860
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I was kinda interested in Mystic, but after various wandering trip around the internet, it seems like this is the class that one shouldn't roll as their first character, seeing they are hard to place and aren't master at anything.

Should I just start with the Sorcerer to establish my financial situation first before taking a step toward Mystic?
Mystic is terribly painful to solo to 60. I mean it isn't really all that bad in terms of the grind (8days or so playing hardcore), but takes much longer than other classes. Find a dps friend and have him/her carry u to 60 is highly recommended as a mystic.

As for financial situation, mystics can't solo farm anything effectively, most people have a warrior,slayer or sorc as a second character to farm ET/LoT solo for money. I have a warrior farm character but I'm too lazy to farm. I run MCHM (Queen) daily and get my income from there, but you have to find competent friends to run with otherwise "yougonnahaveabadtime".

The class itself is fine, it takes time to adjust to the heal style of a mystic, when compared to traditional healers, or even priests in Tera, but it's rewarding, because mystic is by far the most efficient healer for clearing content. That may change with the upcoming buff to priest's buff, but we'll see. All the naysayers and whiners on the forums simply do not understand how the class works, and want to herpderp their way to easymode.

Last, unless you are IP banned by EME i highly recommend NA server over EU's because gameforge is garbage.