AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 07:09   Link #801
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

But seriously: Watch a bit of Moonlighting, and tell me that dynamic doesn't work with yuuya and Yui?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 08:28   Link #802
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I have never seen Moonlighting. Evidently, I must correct this.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:05   Link #803
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

It's one of those 80's shows that defined a generation. Also noted for being THE show that made Bruce Willis a recognizable name.

Quote:
a mix of mystery, sharp dialogue, and sexual tension between its two leads,
(looks at Yuuya and Yui)

...right.

By the way, this has completely derailed my train of thought with my fic writing. Arrrgh.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-03-16 at 22:20.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:11   Link #804
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I should really stop watching YouTube. Too many crossover ideas now.

Metal Gear Luv Rising.

Featuring:

Mitsurugi as the Defender of Justice/ Meiya the Ripper

Jetstream Yui

Mistral Cryska

Monsoon Cui

Sundowner Sharon

and Senator Yuuya Steven Bridges (R-Colorado).

Giant mechanized robots and A.I dogs not included.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 04:02   Link #805
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
- how about Kagemusha with Meiya and Yuuhi--as in the LITERAL rewriting the movie with Meiya and Yuuhi in the Unlimited universe...Oh, Wait...
Old 2013-03-21, 04:33   Link #806
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Or West Wing with American Muv-Luv cast.

Walken as the President. You know you want to.

/inb4 Muv-Luv goes with anything.
Old 2013-03-21, 04:41   Link #807
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:

Walken as the President. .
- Sweet Jesus, if Walken was POTUS, nearly all the political problems between the US and the rest of the world would be 75-85% solved by the time Takeru turned up!
Old 2013-03-21, 06:37   Link #808
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
No, No, NO! Focus on finishing Muv Luv Comet then you can make the other fanfics.

Quote:

Walken as the President. You know you want to.

/inb4 Muv-Luv goes with anything.
I prefer President Bartlet. That man will verbal smackdown, shamed and owned all those selfish leaders in that world.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:57   Link #809
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

This part didn't work out entirely as planned, mainly because it's hard to put the feel of the scene in writing. The next part will contain the interesting stuff, I promise.

Quote:
This room is too clean.

Elle remained at attention. Even if she was ordered to relax, something about the place kept her tense.

Clinical White tile floor, white walls. Beige plastic tables and plastic chairs. Harsh fluorescent lighting. Only two dark colours were present in the room. One was the silhouette black image of a bandit wearing a fedora hat. Burkhart assumed it was the squadron mascot.

The other darkness of note was sitting right before her. A grey-haired balding man wearing the black-and-teal pressed uniform of the United Nations Army. The cheap plastic chair seemed at odds with his more formal wear and the Colonel's bars visible on his shoulder. A smile was on his lips, one that Elle noticed did not change as he read through an old-fashioned file folder.

"You have a question, Lieutenant?"

"Sir." The image of the dead TSF pilot still haunted her, but Burkhart chose her words carefully. " I received urgent orders to report here. But what is HERE, exactly?"

"Your duty is to obey orders. My option is whether or not I need to explain them." The Colonel's irritated voice did not match his smile.

Elle did not respond immediately, as a young man in formal white attire wheeled in a serving cart. The smell of cooked meat accompanied his stride. He did not acknowledge Elle's presence, stopping only beside Wilkes' table to open the cart's contents. A plate of steak and vegetables was placed before the Colonel, followed by utensils and cutlery.

The older man nodded. Without another word, the cart and its driver silently left the room.

The Colonel turned from the meal to her. "Lunch?"

"No thank you, sir." Elle realized she would not get a straightforward answer, at least not from her new Commanding Officer (CO).

"I assume your service with the krauts went well?"

"Yes sir." Elle replied. She knew very little of this Colonel Wilkes. Whether or not she agreed with his biases was no real matter to her job.

"I try to get to know my subordinates, Lieutenant. I want us all to be on the same page, same happy family." Col. Wilkes spoke without meeting her gaze, smile frozen on his face. "Can't say I've worked with an Ozzie before. So, tell me about yourself. Stuff I haven't already read in your file."

"The only thing not already on my file was my recent assignment."

"Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) flight with the Kraut 66th Armoured." Wilkes did not stop smiling. The disturbing fixed smile also masked whatever emotions the Colonel might have had. "How many krauts did you send home in body bags?"

Elle stiffened. The Colonel's frozen smile unnerved her, though she tried not to let it show.

"None, sir."

"Well, that's a damn shame." The Colonel attacked his steak with a knife, as if he was killing the animal on the spot. Synthetic meat didn't bleed like that. And the fixed smile made it look all the more unnerving. As if answering her thoughts: "Real Grade-A beef from Oregon. Sure you don't want any?"

"No sir." She had no idea what sort of connections the Colonel had, in order to get real meat in this day and age.

"Do you have any INTELLIGENT questions, Lieutenant?"

"My assignment, sir."

Wilkes looked at her, and for once the fixed smile seemed genuine. Which made it look all the more sinister.

"Why aren't you a TSF pilot, Lieutenant Burkhart?"

"Sir." Elle's heart stopped a second, and she hoped Wilkes didn't notice her face turning pale. "The Royal Australian Armed Forces CSAR team had an opening for an Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) pilot. I took it."

"UCAV pilots don't see much combat." The Colonel pronounced it 'YOU-KAHV'. A pause as he chewed on a hearty bite of steak. "Are you afraid of combat, Burkhart?"

"No sir." Elle nodded. "I'm afraid of people dying when they don't have to."

"Psh." Wilkes stifled a laugh. With that, he set down his utensils to focus his cold stare at Elle. "Your assignment is to fly chase for two of the TSFs on my project."

"Chase planes, sir?" Burkhart wondered aloud. Chase planes were basically observers, like TSFs or aircraft making video recordings of performance. A UCAV pilot to be assigned as one was overkill. "Automated drones can do that. Or other TSFs."

"It's not the machines I want you to monitor, it's the pilots."

Elle was further puzzled. "Not sure I follow, sir."

"Mental alertness. Stress. Any sort of insecurity." Wilkes went back to his steak, cutting it anew. "I would like to make sure my TSF pilots are up to scratch."

"Sir." Elle couldn't help the sarcasm creeping in her voice. "I'm a pilot, not a psychiatrist."

"I know what I ordered, Lieutenant." Another bite of steak. "I ordered someone who can do their damn job."

Burkhart shut up. The bandit logo on the wall seemed to mock her.

"Make your own introductions to the crews. Talk to crew boss in the hangar, he'll get you up to speed." Wilkes was now fully focused on his meal. "Door to your right, walk down the stairs. Do it now."

Elle's heels snapped together. "Yes sir."

"Eat or be eaten, Lieutenant." The Colonel's eternal smile flashed teeth as he waved the knife at her. "Remember that."

Burkhart saluted, and did not look back.

Not even when Wilkes finally gave his greeting.

"Welcome to the Pit, Lieutenant."
...Also, because it should be obvious but apparently isn't--yes, the Colonel is modeled after Jack Nicholson.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:08   Link #810
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I can always make Agent Harbinger and his Happy Fun Time squad work their magic and move on~

But that would be too simple. Also, Ball's in Goose's court for the time being. Meanwhile however, a forum on ff.net for Comet discussion is up and running.

And Yuuya's from Alabama now. Man, I'm evil.

@wavehawk:

Yeah, that was...disturbing. Sufficiently disturbing. *Especially* the beef part.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:14   Link #811
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Don't remind me. -_-

I just finished like a 15 hour day today and I need to put in another 20 hours over the weekend. T___T

/me has his leg sacrificed to Khorne.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-03-22, 09:50   Link #812
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I can always make Agent Harbinger and his Happy Fun Time squad work their magic and move on~

But that would be too simple. Also, Ball's in Goose's court for the time being. Meanwhile however, a forum on ff.net for Comet discussion is up and running.

And Yuuya's from Alabama now. Man, I'm evil.
Alabama ehh?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-22, 18:59   Link #813
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
@wavehawk:
Yeah, that was...disturbing. Sufficiently disturbing. *Especially* the beef part.
- If it's sufficient, then it's passable. I still feel it could be done better, but it was a pain to write this section without me BECOMING Colonel Wilkes.

I'll try to finish the next bit by Sunday or Monday night, but no promises.
Old 2013-03-23, 11:54   Link #814
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Incidentally, just a heads up: the guy who writes Eishi of Zero showed up on Spacebattles seeking help. I've directed him here since I'm kinda not in a good position to render assistance.

Be kind to him - his mistakes seem mostly from ignorance (hasn't played the games yet, due to living with parents), unlike a certain other person we all know.

So yeah, sammy, if you see this, post away.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-03-23, 15:09   Link #815
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Incidentally, just a heads up: the guy who writes Eishi of Zero showed up on Spacebattles seeking help. I've directed him here since I'm kinda not in a good position to render assistance.

Be kind to him - his mistakes seem mostly from ignorance (hasn't played the games yet, due to living with parents), unlike a certain other person we all know.

So yeah, sammy, if you see this, post away.
Which thread is he at anyway?
Old 2013-03-23, 18:24   Link #816
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
/me has his leg sacrificed to Khorne.
I roll with Tzeentch.

/Genderswaps Goose into a cute Eishi which promptly gets molested by tentacles which erupt from mutated severed leg.

Dohohohohohohohoho!

Also, I'll be happy to share what I know with other authors. If they're being reasonable about it.
Old 2013-03-23, 19:38   Link #817
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHwriting this is agony!!!!!!!!!!!
<<--Does not deal with it Tier

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-03-23 at 21:04.
Old 2013-03-23, 22:53   Link #818
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Which thread is he at anyway?
At here. We've been repeatedly telling him he needs to stop and understand the setting first, then continue.

...he actually asked, in innocent ignorance, if it were possible for silicon-based life to exist in the world of Muv-Luv.

Quote:
I roll with Tzeentch.

/Genderswaps Goose into a cute Eishi which promptly gets molested by tentacles which erupt from mutated severed leg.

Dohohohohohohohoho!

Also, I'll be happy to share what I know with other authors. If they're being reasonable about it.
... Somebody has been playing Dead Space 3, amirite?

*continues being genderbent and molested*

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-03-23, 23:20   Link #819
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
At here. We've been repeatedly telling him he needs to stop and understand the setting first, then continue.
- Or at least he should check out the Muv-Luv Wiki. Or these threads. Or, I dunno, just do a bit more research before writing something.

When English Teachers tell you to "Write what you know", they mean: "take time to learn about what it is you're going to write", not "Write ONLY what you know". (...and this is why I'm going psycho writign my fic--double- and triple-checking that what I'm writing makes sense in context of the world I'm writing it in...)

Quote:
...he actually asked, in innocent ignorance, if it were possible for silicon-based life to exist in the world of Muv-Luv.
- Definitely tell him to read this thread first. I think we've already covered MOST possibilities for Silicon-based life in Muv-Luv Alt that weren't already explicitly stated in the VNs/supplementary material/playthroughs...
Old 2013-03-24, 05:17   Link #820
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Not final. It feels like I'm chopping a tree with a blunt axe here.

Spoiler:

Tags
fanfiction, harem