AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 15:23   Link #1
Hahalollawl

Romance anime with a "Cool" Tsundere

Hi all,

I'm looking for a romance anime with a male protagonist (so preferably seinen/shounen, unless you think it would appeal to a male audience) and a "cool" tsundere rather than a "cute" tsundere. Anything voiced by Rie Kugumiya is probably not what I'm looking for (not that there's necessarily anything wrong with people who like her). I guess what I'm looking for might also be classified as a cross between a Kuudere and a Tsundere.

Examples include:

Infinite Stratos (although I like IS, I'd prefer something less comedic) - Houki

Suzuka - Suzuka

Gunparade March - Mai

Myself;Yourself - Nanaka

True Tears - Hiromi

Edit: Also,

Bakemonogatari - Senjougahara

Kokoro Connect - Inaba

Also, if the tsundere tells the main character or others that she doesn't like him or rejects him (think Suzuka and Gunparade March) then that would be a bonus, but it's not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Hahalollawl; 2013-05-07 at 17:26.
Hahalollawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 15:36   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Senjougahara Hitagi from Bakemonogatari might be someone you are looking for.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 16:19   Link #3
kitten320

Miyako from Bamboo Blade is the coolest tsundare I've met but main focus is sport - kendo.
However, her story evolves around love and she is among main cast though her choice of a guy is a bid Ehh... at least look wise.
But she is awesome.

I think the main heroine from Inu x Boku SS could work. While she does look cute, she also has her cool moments. The guy is second main chara but he appears very often.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - again female in the lead but she is a cool tsundare type.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai - great series with male lead but heroines change almost every 2 episodes because of the story but most of them are tsundares.

Kokoro Connect - could be what you are looking for. It is more of a drama and character orientated but it has a lot of romance and there is a tsundare... in a sense there are few of them.

Mayo Chiki - Male lead, the girl cross dresses as a guy so she has her cute and cool moments.

Hope they will be to your liking.
Old 2013-05-07, 17:26   Link #4
Hahalollawl

Thanks!

Senjougahara is the kind of character I'm looking for although I've already seen Bakemonogatari (maybe I should edit the post to include this). Though I haven't seen all of the rest of the seasons though.

And although I've already seen Kokoro Connect, Inaba is the kind of character I'm looking for.

I've seen some of Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and I guess the main character is sort of that way, but from what I've seen, she doesn't seem to be quite on the level of, say Inaba. For her, it seems like the "coolness" is somewhat more of an act than how she really is.

Thanks for the recommendations!
Hahalollawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 20:12   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road is what you are looking for. Definitely meant to appeal because she's the cool character. Just look at the opening, she plays the sax, hangs out at nightclubs. She's also one of the original tsundere characters that first established the character type in anime.

Masion Ikkoku has an older more "cool" tsundere.

Aoba from Cross Game. I'd consider her more on the cool side rather then cute, and I think most would agree with me.

Motoko Aoyama from Love Hina probably counts as a "cool" version of the tsundere.

All of those have the bonus you want too.

When I think of a "cool" tsundere I always think of Felli Loss from Chrome Shelled Regios. Although she manages to be both cool and cute at the same time.

That's it for what I know.

Nosing around I hear that the title character in Devil Hunter Yohko is one. I've never seen it though,and the protagonist is the girl not a guy. The trailer doesn't seem like a romance anime either. Although after looking at the trailer I think it's clear this was the inspiration for Motoko Aoyama mentioned above.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:18   Link #6
kitten320

^Oh yeh, 100% Motoko from Love Hina.

Manga expends on her character more tghough.
Old 2013-05-07, 22:26   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

While Baccano! doesn't really qualify as a romance, it does have some cute couples. One pairing involves Chane LaForet, who spends much of her time in the early portions of the story wielding a pair of knives.

Her "dere" moments come later on, especially in the OVA sequels, after she has found an appropriate partner (and, no, it is not Nice who accompanies Chane in this image!):
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 04:38   Link #8
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Perhaps Horo from Spice & Wolf, she felt like that kinda of character to me.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 00:11   Link #9
n120cky

Here my suggestions

Kuroyukihime - Accel World
Yukino Yukinoshita - My Teenage RomCom SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
Meia - Vandread
Haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Ferris Eris - legend of legendary heroes
satellizer el bridget - Freezing
Misuzu Kusakabe - 11Eyes
Shizuku Sangō - Kampfer
Kunieda - Beelzebub
Kurisu Makise - Steins Gate
Old 2013-05-22, 18:50   Link #10
ice4sale
~~Kori~~

Tear - Tales Of the Abyss
Ferris - The Legend Of the Legendary Heroes.
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forum.selfishzero.com/uploads/profile/photo-13.gif?_r=1367455508?_r=d3d23450865e89ec01839313d2f90325 target=_blank>http://forum.selfishzero.com/uploads...839313d2f90325</a>
ice4sale is offline   Reply With Quote