AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 23:12   Link #121
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But jokes aside, that would be interesting...
Well, that's my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
So, what you're all really looking for is a Char Aznable or a Magneto (X-Men comics version) - someone who doesn't see THEMSELVES as a villain, but rather as the only person who sees what is necessary and is willing to do it, even if it means taking the responsibility for making the "hard decisions" that the more idealistic, soft hearted "heroes" can't?
You've just described the Wolkenritter, which is nice to have for one season, but I don't really want to see it over and over again. I think what the others want is just enough determination to remain the villain.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:13   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So, what you're all really looking for is a Char Aznable or a Magneto (X-Men comics version) - someone who doesn't see THEMSELVES as a villain, but rather as the only person who sees what is necessary and is willing to do it, even if it means taking the responsibility for making the "hard decisions" that the more idealistic, soft hearted "heroes" can't?

Some how, it doesn't feel right when you used those two as an example...

But come to think of it, there's not reason why we can't have them all?

we can have a downright rotten to the core bastard, a tragic hero, a desperate girl with a reason she can't fail, a joker who's in this for the fun of it, someone who's just following orders... etc etc.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:26   Link #123
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
Yah, young children are a good example of humans who are immoral - they do gain a sense of morals as they get older, as they are taught them and as they naturally learn them by watching other people.
You're mixing up immoral and amoral. Immoral is knowingly doing something wrong. Amoral is usually not knowing the difference between right and wrong.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 00:01   Link #124
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
You're mixing up immoral and amoral. Immoral is knowingly doing something wrong. Amoral is usually not knowing the difference between right and wrong.
Erm, not mixing up, was a typo. I meant amoral.

Clearly, young children are not immoral, and the rest of what I wrote was also about amorality, not immorality.
BatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 02:22   Link #125
Aaron008R

Then... how about a fanatic group? You know, those who refuse to accept any other truth than their own.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 02:48   Link #126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Then... how about a fanatic group? You know, those who refuse to accept any other truth than their own.

Like the Covenant from Halo ?

A group of zealous worshipers going after Logias, believing that they're relicts left by the anicents...

They fall under the Delusional Category.
Old 2007-04-05, 05:12   Link #127
Furyou Miko
Equal-fatalities Employer

Send a message via AIM to Furyou Miko
*Chuckles* sounds like the villains from my fanfic, if I ever get around to posting it online.

Something I'm not certain I liked about that episode is that we've already had a tearful "we can do it together"/"I must have faith in myself, so please, believe in me!" scene... over an exam. I'm just hoping Subaru doesn't go into one every time someone grazes their elbow.

I do like Teana, though. >> She reminds me of me, so I guess that was inevitable, but she is cool.

The scene with Rein at the end was so funny though... even though you saw it coming a mile off, she was so cute and the look on their faces was hilarious when the examiner turned out to be less than a foot tall.
Furyou Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 05:30   Link #128
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Answer:

Spoiler:

Hmmm, I thought Reinforce's hair color looked familiar. Maybe her last name is Testarossa?

The city is on the world of Midchilda, which is a major stronghold of the TSAB and apparently where the primary school of magic used by the TSAB originated. There's been no city name given anywhere yet - the whole planet may be one big metropolis, ala Coruscant from Star Wars.

We don't yet know if Nanoha moved her permanent residence off of Earth, but she probably doesn't spend much time there. Earth, as last depicted in A's, is still in it's "pre-contact" phase and, as such, is still under a Prime Directive kind of "hands off" rule as far as the TSAB is concerned. Thus, that's one HECK of a daily commute.
oh ok thanks for the info on Nanoha"s incident
kinda shocking to hear that incident happend after the events of A"s
i guess its a matter of time that they will include that event as a flash back in StrikerS maybe both in the manga and anime!

and yea Reinforce II"s seiyuu is the same person who did Tessa from FMP
so i guess its a coincidence and yea same hair color also

and i guess we wont know if Nanoha took up residence in that city for good anytime soon since both the manga and anime pretty much just started
but thanks for answering my questions Loner!

and i"ve got a quick question though
was Chrono shown in the opening sequence??
i thought i saw a guy wearing Chrono"s uniform for a second during the opening
and he looks fairly similar to Kyon (maybe Yuuichi since the seiyuu for chrono voiced both Kyon and Yuuichi)
just a thought though
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 06:22   Link #129
Ottocycle

I've a feeling that incident with Nanoha's injury is going to be crucial towards the story within the episodes..maybe her assailants or whatnot.

And for the question directly above this post, no, Chrono wasn't shown during the OP at all, the only adult male you see in the OP is the helicopter pilot of Mobile Section 6 whose name escapes me at the moment.

Edit: True true, But Griffiths did look kind of Feminine...and there's the unknown technicians too. XD

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2007-04-05 at 07:10. Reason: Error
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 06:29   Link #130
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
I've a feeling that incident with Nanoha's injury is going to be crucial towards the story within the episodes..maybe her assailants or whatnot.

And for the question directly above this post, no, Chrono wasn't shown during the OP at all, the only adult male you see in the OP is the helicopter pilot of Mobile Section 6 whose name escapes me at the moment.
Vice Granscenic

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 06:35   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
and i"ve got a quick question though
was Chrono shown in the opening sequence??
i thought i saw a guy wearing Chrono"s uniform for a second during the opening
and he looks fairly similar to Kyon (maybe Yuuichi since the seiyuu for chrono voiced both Kyon and Yuuichi)
just a thought though

As much as I would like to denial it, but Chrono isn't in the OP (yet).

After watching it again, the only man that you could have mistaken for Chrono/Kyon/Yuuichi would most probably be this guy...

Am I right?

EDIT: Don't you hate it when you think you're the first to answer, only to have two people beat you to the punch because you type slower and was looking for the picture?

EDIT2:
@humbug23
There were 1 other adult male in the Op as well, and I don't mean Zafila...
Old 2007-04-05, 07:03   Link #132
Aaron008R

Well then, a change of topic shall we? What other kinds of Super Robot Wars references you guys would like the characters to show later? I personally would like a Rampage Ghost from Tiana and Subaru.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-04-05 at 07:34.
Old 2007-04-05, 07:19   Link #133
Ottocycle

Can we use Real Robots? XD I hope for a Moonlight Butterfly from Lutecia(Turn-A was in SRW:Alpha Gaiden IIRC)

Having never played SRW in any of its incarnations though, I'd like to see Fate with Zanber Bardiche doing a Daizengar impression(generic ain't it) but that's good enough awesomeness for me I guess...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 07:33   Link #134
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Can we use Real Robots? XD I hope for a Moonlight Butterfly from Lutecia(Turn-A was in SRW:Alpha Gaiden IIRC)

Having never played SRW in any of its incarnations though, I'd like to see Fate with Zanber Bardiche doing a Daizengar impression(generic ain't it) but that's good enough awesomeness for me I guess...
Oh, sure. Sorry, I meant to put in Super Robot Taisen/Wars... <goes on to edit last post>
Old 2007-04-05, 08:07   Link #135
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oh, sure. Sorry, I meant to put in Super Robot Taisen/Wars... <goes on to edit last post>
Well then, forget the big flashy, scream out the name moves. The most devastating attack will obviously be Kusuha teaching Shamal how to make her health drink...
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 08:07   Link #136
Bloodseeker

I've heard that yesy's pretty much the epitome of what comes to mind when you think speedsubbers (correct if I'm wrong there), so I've passed their release up, but how are DGz's subs?
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 08:11   Link #137
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I've heard that yesy's pretty much the epitome of what comes to mind when you think speedsubbers (correct if I'm wrong there), so I've passed their release up, but how are DGz's subs?
[yesy] are most definitely not speedsubbers. I take it that you have not experienced their previous project, Utawarerumono? [yesy]'s translations are one of the better ones out there.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 08:17   Link #138
Bloodseeker

Nope, haven't seen Utawarerumono. (though I intend to once most of the series comes out on R1 DVD)

I'll wait a few more days to see if they come out with a higher quality release...

Was Triad as slow as they usually are when they were releasing the first two seasons of Nanoha?
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 08:46   Link #139
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Glad to see a better quality came out from yesy. They definitely did a nice job with Utawarerumono so things should be fine in that regard.

Poor Chrono, wonder what he said to get himself kicked out of the OP along with Yuuno. On top of it all they get him (engaged/married) to a more minor character in Amy.

On the villan front it would be interesting to see how Nanoha would deal with a enemy that wasn't secretly wishing for a friend.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:03   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Poor Chrono, wonder what he said to get himself kicked out of the OP along with Yuuno. On top of it all they get him (engaged/married) to a more minor character in Amy.
Think of how Kyon/Yuuichi would've complained...

... Thats probably what he said

Quote:
On the villan front it would be interesting to see how Nanoha would deal with a enemy that wasn't secretly wishing for a friend.
IF, the 'new' girl in the OP is in fact the new villian, then chances are she'll fall into that group.

After all, in MSLN there's no such thing as a evil little girl!