AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 69 48.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 37.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 10.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.40%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-13, 13:17   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Watched a.f.k.'s version of L*S ep 10 ...

Hmmmm, anyway the episode itself was really good. I take back any worries about "product placement". The anime store sequence is just the way Konata feels when she enters "her domain" (its an exciting place). And the items in Konata's room are just the sorts of things she'd collect. Tsukasa was quite cute "kawaii'ing" over the Mikuru figurine.

I was pretty happy with the whole stay-over at Kona's house --- it was a pretty good adaptation of the manga sequence.

Tsukasa's "caught in the moe" look of embarrassment during her cellphone barrage was adorable.

Miyuki tagged a good sequence with her "zone out" sequence but I suspect her time is fading in preparation for the incoming characters.

L*C gave us quite a hot-blooded manly moment with Shiraishi's performance. I also was dreading the L*C eyecatch until he launched into his moment. We also get to see he's completely given up on Akira as she sits there scratching herself. With 14 more episodes to go.... where's L*C going to go next? ((hopes for more main content and a bit less L*C nonetheless))

In terms of "does this anime adapt the spirit and content of the manga .... I gave it a "10". It might have been a "9" but Shiraishi pulled the L*C gag out of the "again?" pit.

Finally, Kagami became even more adorable/huggable this episode to me ... fragile little crabby thing she is -- her trying to sing that tune at the end and flaming out did it for me.
Old 2007-06-13, 13:31   Link #82
Dochodiaga

Dont have time to write any longer post, but this episode is an instant 10/10 for me
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-13, 14:03   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokoyoko View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzWQ...elated&search=

what a pretty but difficult song... no wonder poor kagamin had trouble with it initially i was looking at tetsuya komuro stuff but i didn't know someone else had actually performed it. whoops.
The original version of the song is quite nice. The instrumentals are great and the singer is doing a good job of enjoying herself and working with the music. I could do without all the hand gestures and the constant feeling she seems to have that she needs to be smiling the whole time through the song. The smiling is kind of creepy.

She kind of goes a bit overboard with the song at times, doing the whiny sounding style of singing that is common in Idol types these days, but for the most part its seems like she's just doing her own style of singing rather than trying to force some sort of image.

I could see Simon Cowell of American Idol fame slamming her for being a bit pitchy, but giving her a pass overall.

In terms of how I enjoyed this versus the ending, I'd give this an 8.5/10 and the ending a 5/10.
Old 2007-06-13, 14:03   Link #84
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:

Anyway, 9-1.0+0.5+0.5= well Nine out Of Ten. Not the best Lucky Star, but probably second best. Certainly not the best anime episode of all time. Good showing though.
Wouldn't it be 9.5 given that you gave it 3 Game points? (Konata's, back home's and at school's)

Has anyone considered making a thread about the dark history and meaning behind tsundere. Poll included?
Old 2007-06-13, 14:16   Link #85
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Wouldn't it be 9.5 given that you gave it 3 Game points? (Konata's, back home's and at school's)

Has anyone considered making a thread about the dark history and meaning behind tsundere. Poll included?
Hmmm.... yes it would . Crap (That's me bashing myself over the head right now), I forgot about my own commentary. Can we just say I rounded down then so it can be a 9 and I can save face?
Old 2007-06-13, 15:10   Link #86
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
i would say 9 out of 10. The scene in the anime goods store is crazy but...donno how to say it, uncalled for/confusing
Old 2007-06-13, 18:41   Link #87
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I think the part that makes us so uneasy or confused about L*S is because many scenes in the anime dangle a whole lot of possibilities that we're so used to seeing as taking up a complete episode (or just a fanservice filler for other series). Most slice-of-life animes tend to take little issues like preparing birthday presents and stretch them out of proportion to achieve the funny, but L*S takes the complete opposite and tries to squeeze as many little issues as they can into one episode.
Old 2007-06-13, 18:42   Link #88
Animaniac: DN Guy
Stick a Sock in it!

Send a message via MSN to Animaniac: DN Guy
Clearly the best! I just loved the "Kagami the Great" part!
Old 2007-06-13, 20:08   Link #89
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

This episode freaked me out. Konota's room is decorated like my house!!! I have the Haruhi poster from a recent Megami magazine and a smaller version was in the latest Megami Deluxe.

Mikuuuuuruuuuuuu!!!

"Kagami-Sama" had me screaming. That's a bad thing since I was watching it at work on my PSP.
Old 2007-06-13, 20:56   Link #90
lftwgr

So, has anybody thought of a more appropriate description for Kagami than 'tsundere'?
Old 2007-06-13, 21:01   Link #91
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
So, has anybody thought of a more appropriate description for Kagami than 'tsundere'?
Sour Patch Kid (SPK) - first she's sour, then she's sweet. Sour. Sweet. Moe.
Old 2007-06-13, 21:09   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, crunchy and crabby on the outside, sweet and creamy filling .....

wait that sounds, wrong.
Old 2007-06-13, 21:21   Link #93
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

What are the Japanese words for "Baby Hedgehog"? The following is also based on the "Hedgehog's Dilemma".

At first appearance, they look unsociable and dangerous looking, but when you get to know them better, you realise that they are actually very lonely people and desire companionship. Their "hidden" side (the bottom of a Hedgehog in this case) is very soft and vulnerable.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-13, 21:26   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have a habit of categorizing people by characters from Winnie the Pooh and Wind in the Willows..... I like the "hedgehog" theory for Kagami
Old 2007-06-13, 21:27   Link #95
lftwgr

Cute pic.
If it helps, I found an online romanji dictionary that says:

hedgehog =harinezumi, hejjihoggu
baby =osanago, akachan, chinomigo, youji, akanbou, bebi-

So....

Bebi-hejjihoggu anyone?
Old 2007-06-13, 21:51   Link #96
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This episode was what LS is all about. Head-spinning goodness. Nothing's perfect, but I gave it a ten, just to vary from my usual nine. The twins bowing so nicely to Konata's dad was a good moment, especially in contrast with his delight at having dinner with three high-school girls, lol. Tsukasa being so chuffed about telling her dad how to text was lovely. Miyuki's powers of concentration were equally moe. And the animation sequence in the store was a delight.

And Kagami is definitely a little hedgehog. Although I think she is a reasonable extension of tsundere, so I don't see the need to change the term. I do look forward to what the audience (Japanese and other) comes up with, however. I, too, enjoyed Shiraishi's flight.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-06-13 at 22:13.
Old 2007-06-13, 22:06   Link #97
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Bebi-hejjihoggu anyone?
Akahari(-chan) or hariakachan sounds better IMO. Though we could follow the tsundere naming theme and do it according to the sounds a hedgehog makes

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-13, 22:25   Link #98
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Akahari(-chan) or hariakachan sounds better IMO. Though we could follow the tsundere naming theme and do it according to the sounds a hedgehog makes
All baby animals are classified with the prefix 'ko' (子), so in this case, 'kohejjihoggu' (子ヘッジホッグ).
Old 2007-06-13, 22:40   Link #99
Fat Cat Lim

What about shortened term like kohejjiko? With the suffix at the end to denote a girl?
Old 2007-06-13, 22:42   Link #100
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Too bad this isn't 2ch or something, or this would probably be lexicon in the making...
Closed Thread