AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-05, 18:25   Link #81
Slave0fLife
O_O

Has anyone ever found out how they learn these one-use-only techniques? How would one "perfect" his use of technique without using it?
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:40   Link #82
sayde

I asked that same question w/ regards as to how anyone is supposed to master the opening of the 8th gate (death gate).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 19:47   Link #83
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I asked that same question w/ regards as to how anyone is supposed to master the opening of the 8th gate (death gate).
i dont think anyone has the answer to that :-(
NightMare_Hibari Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 21:21   Link #84
iBeast

This guy Itachi... even as a dead man walking he is still harping on about being a Leaf Ninja.

Bro, you killed your own clan... how could you still call yourself an Uchiha?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 22:48   Link #85
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMare_Hibari Kyo View Post
i dont think anyone has the answer to that :-(
i doubt kishi does either. maybe if some fan asked him about that he would try to come up with an answer.
Old 2012-04-06, 02:49   Link #86
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMare_Hibari Kyo View Post
just a question ... please tell me why does sasuke wanna destroy konoha even now ? i mean he is facing kabuto along side his brother and everything seems fine but for some reason even after he knew the truth about itachi accepting such a mission (assasinate the uchiha) he still wanna destroy what his brother sacrificed his life to protect ? does he really wanna waist itachi's life like that ? and yeah while i was reading the latest chapters sasuke was not himself at all its like another charecter where is the old dark sasuke !
"My crushing of the leaf is just mine"

This was the translation I read. Anyone got a better one? I guess we can infer that the reason Sasuke wants to crush the leaf is purely personal. It's for what they made Itachi go through and the lack of respect they seem to show. He's either not thinking about the bigger picture or simply doesn't care about it. I'm sure he's aware that he's doing the opposite of Itachi wanted. His actual personal reasoning hasn't been revealed yet, because it will probably come up in his fight with Naruto when they start shouting at each other.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 03:07   Link #87
HasuMasu
*Artist

So if Sasuke used Izanagi, would he still lose his eyes?

Defeats the purpose of an Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan...
Old 2012-04-06, 04:22   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There's a difference between eye techniques that wear out someone's eyesight, and a technique that requires sacrificing the light of an eye.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 08:27   Link #89
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
There's a difference between eye techniques that wear out someone's eyesight, and a technique that requires sacrificing the light of an eye.
care to elaborate on that? because the result is pretty much the same, you'd still go blind.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:36   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

One is a drawback, the other is a cost.
Old 2012-04-06, 13:12   Link #91
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post

This was the translation I read. Anyone got a better one? I guess we can infer that the reason Sasuke wants to crush the leaf is purely personal. It's for what they made Itachi go through and the lack of respect they seem to show. He's either not thinking about the bigger picture or simply doesn't care about it. I'm sure he's aware that he's doing the opposite of Itachi wanted. His actual personal reasoning hasn't been revealed yet, because it will probably come up in his fight with Naruto when they start shouting at each other.
yeah well same translation here i did read it but maybe its like u said (not thinking about the bigger picture) and i think that will ruin sasuke's charecter i mean if he really isnt looking at the bigger picture to be honest hes just stupid and if its ( he doesnt care about it ) i think this is the correct one the way i see it cant find a reason for him anymore and sadly i think when he and naruto fight and yell at each other it will be a stupid reasoning for sasuke
Old 2012-04-06, 14:59   Link #92
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i think sasuke wants to crush the leaf because they are ungrateful. he views them as hating itachi for what he did, killing the clan. but he knows the truth, so they are bad mouthing a hero to sasuke.

its pretty much naked snake vs boss in metal gear solid 3. snake learns the truth of the boss and in turn realizes everyone is expendable and goes off an does his own thing.
Old 2012-04-06, 15:31   Link #93
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

hmm ( they are ungrateful) not a bad reason at all sounds more convincing this way :-)
Old 2012-04-06, 20:15   Link #94
GusGus

How can those Konoha ninjas be ungrateful about Itachi when they don't even know the thruth, just like Sasuke himself when he... well, killed his own brother.

It just shows how Sasuke is nothing but a unidimentional character who desperately needs something to hate.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 21:18   Link #95
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post

It has to go back to Sasuke's goal of reviving the Uchiha clan. When he told Kakashi that he needed to destroy Konoha, and kill every Konoha ninja, so all links to the Uchiha clan would be erased. And then the Uchiha name would be purified and ready to be renewed. But as long as Konoha stands, and Konoha ninja are running around(yes, even Tenten), the Uchiha are dead. This goes beyond insulting Itachi or getting revenge on the elders.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 21:48   Link #96
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
How much more does Kishimoto want to push the Sharingan's power? It's enough already, and it's not making any sense anyway. Why would summoning black flames or huge skelletons be related to an eye technique anyway? Ah well, Izanami alone ruined this chapter for me. Sharingan, Rinnegan and maybe Senju powers and that's all that matters. I want power or rather potential being split evenly, but of course I've long since given up on wishing for that.
Umm...Because the Sharingan is a de-evolutionary mutation of the Rinnegan? Those who possess the Rinnegan, starting with the great Sage of 6 Paths in ye olde times, have access to a ton of unique and powerful ninjutsu techniques, nevermind the potential to pretty much accomplish anything ninjutsu-related...Naturally, it only makes sense for the Sharingan to have potential access to dangerous techniques only the Rinnegan itself could best...Kishimoto just can't introduce the ever-powerful Rinnegan and then just nerf the Sharingan like it's irrelevant anymore...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 00:31   Link #97
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Umm...Because the Sharingan is a de-evolutionary mutation of the Rinnegan? Those who possess the Rinnegan, starting with the great Sage of 6 Paths in ye olde times, have access to a ton of unique and powerful ninjutsu techniques, nevermind the potential to pretty much accomplish anything ninjutsu-related...Naturally, it only makes sense for the Sharingan to have potential access to dangerous techniques only the Rinnegan itself could best...Kishimoto just can't introduce the ever-powerful Rinnegan and then just nerf the Sharingan like it's irrelevant anymore...
It doesn't matter what the story behind it is. A bad concept remains bad, even if it makes sense storywise. It's not like the story dictates the concept anyway, it's the other way around. Now, I'm not saying that Kishimoto's idea of an extremely overpowered doujutsu is bad, I just do not like it at all. Besides, judging from what we've seen so far, the Sharingan is already arguably more powerful than its follow up. There's no need for another power up. Another power up does not bring it closer to the Rinnegan.

And to the guy who neg-repped me and asked: 'How can there be Izanagi and no Izanami?' Well, how can there NOT be Izanagi and no Izanami? It's not like the existance of Izanagi requires that there must be an Izanami. That just doesn't make sense at all.
Old 2012-04-07, 04:03   Link #98
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It makes perfect sense, without it the set wouldn't be complete.

Just like back in the old day, after hearing of Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi, it was only a matter of time before Susanoo was introduced.
Old 2012-04-07, 04:20   Link #99
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It makes perfect sense, without it the set wouldn't be complete.

Just like back in the old day, after hearing of Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi, it was only a matter of time before Susanoo was introduced.
It makes sense that there is an Izanami, but not that there has to be one.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:19   Link #100
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
It doesn't matter what the story behind it is. A bad concept remains bad, even if it makes sense storywise. It's not like the story dictates the concept anyway, it's the other way around. Now, I'm not saying that Kishimoto's idea of an extremely overpowered doujutsu is bad, I just do not like it at all. Besides, judging from what we've seen so far, the Sharingan is already arguably more powerful than its follow up. There's no need for another power up. Another power up does not bring it closer to the Rinnegan.

And to the guy who neg-repped me and asked: 'How can there be Izanagi and no Izanami?' Well, how can there NOT be Izanagi and no Izanami? It's not like the existance of Izanagi requires that there must be an Izanami. That just doesn't make sense at all.
It seems Kishi is just allowing sharingan to use some jutsu the rinnegan can use (izanagi) but at the cost of eyesight.

It may be that Kishi doesn't plan on giving Sasuke a rinnegan but instead will power-up sharingan so Sasuke can match Nagato's strength like Tobi hinted he would.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion