AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-06, 16:16   Link #61
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally posted by Rin-sama
Only the gods believe in polygamy. most deamons are monogamist. (mate for life)
and if you haven't noticed Rin is a monogimist. not matter how many girls he has in his herium.
Only the gods , is there new info out of the suffle! world that i don't know about

No guy is a monogimist , that's only a woman's fantasy
Just like Cris Rock said (i think): A guy is only as fatefull as his options

Quote:
the next "season" is going to deal with different view points from the other characters during the 1st season
Will have to think more about this "style", not to happy about it now.
Seems more way to milk a dead cow.
Wonder if we get asa viewpoint on kaede, now that would be flamewar stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
the dots had simply not been connected in the storyline to imply he had that kind of interest in her
The writers and the storyline gave me enough hints on who was going to win.
At eps 22 (i think) i knew he loved her when he sleeps next to her.
Hope their will be an after Ova, would love to see tomoko again.
Old 2006-09-06, 16:49   Link #62
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well *that* we can agree on (more Tomoko and Hagino...).
Old 2006-09-06, 17:24   Link #63
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

They owe us that much

Mine heart stopped for a moment when tomoko was in the plane and i thought that she was dead
Old 2006-09-07, 08:26   Link #64
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I think the only problem many people had with Canvas 2 was the jump from the last scene at the airport to that eyecatch in the end credits.... the dots had simply not been connected in the storyline to imply he had that kind of interest in her, unlike the other choice who he clearly did entertain those kinds of thoughts about.
That's the problem indeed. But as I watched the series again & again & again, I think I beginning to see something (maybe). I'm planning to write my reviews & opinions on that. It may take some time though.

lol. Going off topic now, aren't we? All things related to Canvas 2 can be discussed in this thread --> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26370 Don't want the Shuffle! fans to get angry now, do we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Well Asa's not going to give up Rin and Rin's not going to give up Asa plane and simple as that
Well, neither will Sia (or should I say Kikyou) And Asa better watch out for Kareha too As far as I believe, human's heart may change over time.

Anyway, I'm not disappointed that Asa end up with Rin. I never see Sia & Nerine to get Rin (sorry Sia & Nerine fans) & Primula is too young for him. Which leave Kaede & Asa as the candidates for Rin. But I can sense that it was Asa that Rin actually love (they can't fool me with that Rin x Sia scenes )

The only thing that make me unhappy is how weak the bonds & interactions between the characters are. I mean, Asa is Kaede's friend, the one who always show compassion. And suddenly, she forget all about the others when she was with Rin, which I found very unlikely of her. Even after she was hospitalised, she doesn't show any concern for Kaede. They tried to make a resolution between Kaede & Asa by playing that 'under the bridge' scenes, which are very poor IMO. And all the other characters are quickly forgotten after that as they focused on Asa x Rin story.
Old 2006-09-07, 10:23   Link #65
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Thanks for the link Rei, eventhough i don't have time to read 50 pages of post, will try sometime.
I will post the clue's i found in the story about the ending.

Finally an anime where the girl i like, won .
First time ever that it happend, i feel like crying, but i cann't, have to watch soul link.
To see if it is really crappier in storyline than shuffle!
Old 2006-09-08, 03:42   Link #66
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

thats a good one rei... the under the bridge scenes of kaede and asa are worse than i expected... it's like huh? wat was that? after all happened its just resolved as that... between friends and becoming rivals, is dat a simple way of settle things right?? what ever... it's still a good thing that rin said he likes Kaede( though he said it's not from a boyfriend's mouth) after that scenes in the bridge... That scene we saw a Kaede that setting her love free and we saw how she handled her psycho mind.. but it's still kept me hangin after that in IMO
... so there is a season two that's good to hear? when will it be shown??
Old 2006-09-08, 03:58   Link #67
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
The only thing that make me unhappy is how weak the bonds & interactions between the characters are. I mean, Asa is Kaede's friend, the one who always show compassion. And suddenly, she forget all about the others when she was with Rin, which I found very unlikely of her. Even after she was hospitalised, she doesn't show any concern for Kaede. They tried to make a resolution between Kaede & Asa by playing that 'under the bridge' scenes, which are very poor IMO. And all the other characters are quickly forgotten after that as they focused on Asa x Rin story.
Isn't Asa only a distant friend of Kaede? I mean, she's her senpai too (different class) and she just learned her how to cook with those cooking lessons...
I thought Kareha and Asa were more true friends.

And I thought Asa showed some concerns, contrary to Sia, Nerine and even Rin. She's the one who asked Rin how Kaede was doing and what was the situation.
Then she bought some flowers and decided to visit her (I would be too scared if it was me ).
At the end, Asa had her own problems to deal with...

Don't get me wrong, the anime wasn't perfect and there's still room for character development and interaction, but Kaede wasn't completely forgotten by others, especially Asa and Primula...
Old 2006-09-08, 04:34   Link #68
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Except the "magnificent" episode 21, is there anything else that shows Asa having concerns about Kaede during ep 18-20? I don't seem to remember anything. Primula, I can remember.

And about Asa and Kaede being friends, well, most of us that were discussing Shuffle while it was airing thought so, so I guess there were clues here and there that seemed to suggest that.
Old 2006-09-08, 05:54   Link #69
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Except the "magnificent" episode 21, is there anything else that shows Asa having concerns about Kaede during ep 18-20? I don't seem to remember anything. Primula, I can remember.
But Primula and Kaede are living together, of course she's able to pick up hints that shows her emotional states. Why would Asa know about that? Sure, she could suspect Kaede being jealous, but to be that affected?
It's only after Kaede threw her against a wall (and after getting out of hospital) that Asa understands.
And after all, if Nerine and Sia can cope with Rin's loving another girl, why can't Kaede? (Of course, Asa does not know about Kaede's guilt at that time).
Old 2006-09-08, 10:15   Link #70
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys
Isn't Asa only a distant friend of Kaede? I mean, she's her senpai too (different class) and she just learned her how to cook with those cooking lessons...
Distant friends? okay, let's reduce their friendship to just that. Very convenient for you huh?
They are just distant friends, even though they did all sorts of thing together like going to school together every morning, having lunch together, going to the beach together. But all those thing they did together obviously doesn't count because you think they are only "distant friends".

And for the record, what proofs do you have that those cooking lessons(their meeting) were something very recent?

Quote:
And I thought Asa showed some concerns, contrary to Sia, Nerine and even Rin. She's the one who asked Rin how Kaede was doing
When was that? When did she ever ask Rin how Kaede was doing?

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-09-08 at 10:27.
Old 2006-09-08, 11:29   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There were multiple references to Kaede and Rin spending lots of time over at Asa's house when they were younger after they started knowing each other from Kaede learning to cook from Asa. They were *close* friends to the point that even after Asa yearned for Rin or "someone like him" (her words), she kept back out of her respect for Kaede. THAT is the Asa defined by the first 2/3 of the series. The Asa of eps 18-20 never once mentioned or appeared to think about Kaede after the entry hall scene when it was obvious that Kaede was in desperate straits. Personality schisms like that are a hallmark of extremely poor writing.
Old 2006-09-08, 12:18   Link #72
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

I don't understand why there is such animosity around the Kaede case...
OK, let's say the 3 are close friends, in that case, the anime fails to establish this friendship, no doubt about it.

Now, I'm certainly not gonna attack Asa because she "made a move" on Rin (the kind of moves that need reciprocity, you know?) because I think it's extremely harsh and idealistic to expect people to sacrifice their chance in love for someone else's chance.
So, what does that change? Asa still tried to care for Kaede but she could not suspect her mental instability. There's a scene where she asks Rin about the situation (he's moping and she comes with her bento, I think).

And how long would she have to wait? Under what conditions? What if Rin was not interested in Kaede? Plus, don't forget Sia and Nerine who were trying to win his affection at the same time! Why would she give up and risk her chance for Kaede when those 2 new girls could take their chances?
Also, just the fact that she bought flowers, decided to visit Kaede and talk with her shows she cares. Everything may be rushed, but the good intentions are here.
Old 2006-09-08, 15:24   Link #73
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

yea yea right after all she got the man that's why she got concerned to Kaede... how about the tym before she begins dating Rin did she ever think of Kaede's feelings back then.....?? hmmm...
Old 2006-09-08, 20:00   Link #74
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
I don't understand why there is such animosity around the Kaede case...
OK, let's say the 3 are close friends, in that case, the anime fails to establish this friendship, no doubt about it.
Wrong, you fail to get the hints about their friendship is what this is about.

Quote:
Now, I'm certainly not gonna attack Asa because she "made a move" on Rin (the kind of moves that need reciprocity, you know?) because I think it's extremely harsh and idealistic to expect people to sacrifice their chance in love for someone else's chance.
We have fundamentally different viewpoints of their relationships to begin with. From your viewpoint Asa and Kaede are little better than strangers, thus it's okay for Asa to go after Rin.
My point of view is Asa and Kaede were good friends. Going after the guy your good friend likes is not at good thing, I don't know about you, but doing stuff like that behind your friends back is what I clasify as backstabbing and betrayal. According to Asa herself, she KNEW that Kaede liked Rin ever since they met for the cooking lessons. At least Sia and Nerine was open about their intensions, I can't say the same about Asa, she is a backstabber in disguise of a supportive friend. Thats the worst kind you can get, even worse than enemy/rival.

Quote:
Asa still tried to care for Kaede
No she didn't. In all of episode 20, never ONCE did Asa think of Kaede.
On the other hand Kaede was full of concern about her "friend" Asa.
Let's see:
ep20, 2m40s. Kaede to Primula: I hurt someone dear to me again. Even though I swore I'd never do it...

ep20, 4m55s. Kaede to rin over telephone: How's Asa-senpai?

ep20, 7m20s. Kaede to Rin: Um, how's Asa-senpai?

ep20, 14m17s. Kaede to Rin: How's Asa-senpai?

ep21 2m40s. Even Sia and Nerine is worried about Kaede being absent from school and asks for her (they are not supposed to know anything that happened after all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Quote:
And I thought Asa showed some concerns, contrary to Sia, Nerine and even Rin. She's the one who asked Rin how Kaede was doing
When was that? When did she ever ask Rin how Kaede was doing?
Quote:
There's a scene where she asks Rin about the situation (he's moping and she comes with her bento, I think).
ep21 5m10s. Asa: Is Kaede still feeling ill?
She was asking because Kaede was absent from school, just like Sia and Nerine. Not because she was concerned about her menal state.

Which is further proven when Asa asks Rin: "And what's the truth? Well it's odd that Kaede won't see Sia-chan and Nerine-chan."
And here's the kicker: Asa: "Is it my fault?"

Quote:
Also, just the fact that she bought flowers, decided to visit Kaede and talk with her shows she cares.
You know? That made me laugh. You should see the episode again. Asa was standing infront of the flowershop thinking, "Should I buy her some flowers?hmmm"
Then she turns around and walks away with a "nahhh I better not" attitude.
Then the shop owner comes out to fish Asa back.
Then Asa made "ohI better buy her something after all" ...*shakes head*
Old 2006-09-08, 20:21   Link #75
Rin-Sama
Banned

hey wouldn't you think twice about going to visit an unstable psyco bitch like Kaede. I know i would. but Asa still was going to give her the flowers anyway.
Old 2006-09-08, 20:28   Link #76
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
hey wouldn't you think twice about going to visit an unstable psyco bitch like Kaede.
The thing is she didn't think about her, not once i episode 20 did she even think about Kaede.
Kaede and Asa was good friends, apparantly you failed to get the hints just like Eurys.
When a good friend of yours attack you, you normally at the very least think about your "good friend" and wonder why she did that. But no..... no such thing ever crossed Asa's mind
Quote:
but Asa still was going to give her the flowers anyway.
No she wasn't, she was going walk to away after she thought about it.
Old 2006-09-08, 22:07   Link #77
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
lool this thread is still alive XD
its been sooo long since i've been last here.
Old 2006-09-08, 23:16   Link #78
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

OK...I'm a bit scared right now. I finally got it, it's useless to discuss this.

All I'm gonna say is that it's not backstabbing as long as there was no promise or anything between them. And I checked the definition of backstab...
And just remember, in love, you can't steal somebody. Rin chose Asa willingly on his own. They hadn't even confessed when Kaede did her own confession (naked).
And I could say the same about Kaede if I had your extreme "moral" views : what a good friend when she could not even realise Asa was in love too See? That's stupid. She wasn't even hurt because it was Asa, it could have been another girl.
But I'm out of this thread and out of this subforum...thank god I'm able to enjoy this show without hating to death some characters just because they're flawed and realistic.

I understand there are some people who hate this show because of his lack of quality in writing etc, which is perfectly understanble, but it's not really the case here, it's immature hate because one's favorite girl was not chosen...it already happened to me in other shows, but at least, I was honest with it .
Old 2006-09-08, 23:32   Link #79
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
in the end its all rin's fault...hes too indecisive and took kaede for granted...everyone at the start can see how much kaede loves him but instead he the son of a bitch that is cold blooded and dnt return her feelings...
so ok but wht if he didnt take any fancy in her in the first place? well he should have made the point clear from the start...imo hes just taking advantage of kaede...
i dnt blame asa for falling in love with rin and she didnt do anything to backstabb kaede...its all rin's fault for being a jerk -.-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-08, 23:33   Link #80
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
The thing is she didn't think about her, not once i episode 20 did she even think about Kaede.
Kaede and Asa was good friends, apparantly you failed to get the hints just like Eurys.
When a good friend of yours attack you, you normally at the very least think about your "good friend" and wonder why she did that. But no..... no such thing ever crossed Asa's mind

Well given that Asa had a major attack right after Kaede's attack didn't give her time to worry about her. After all having super pain suddenly shoot through your chest really doesn't give you much room to think about anything else now does it . But in that brief moment of when Kaede had Asa pinned to the door you could see the realization in Asa's eyes. Im sure she would have tried to reconsile this if it wasn't for her attack.

And the reason why Asa was about to walk away was becasue she hadn't talked to Kaede ever since she went to the hospital. So she wasn't very informed about if Kaede still hated her or not. She was probably thinking that she didn't want to make matters worse if it was too early to face her. But she bought the flowers anyway to at least give to Kaede in the wishes that she would get better. (Kaede was supposedly sick in this episode) That's when she met up with Kaede near the bridge and they had there serious talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
in the end its all rin's fault...hes too indecisive and took kaede for granted...everyone at the start can see how much kaede loves him but instead he the son of a bitch that is cold blooded and dnt return her feelings...
so ok but wht if he didnt take any fancy in her in the first place? well he should have made the point clear from the start...imo hes just taking advantage of kaede...
i dnt blame asa for falling in love with rin and she didnt do anything to backstabb kaede...its all rin's fault for being a jerk -.-
And i have to disagree with you there. Rin was afraid that if he didn't stay with Kaede she would relapse into her catatonic state when she was a child shortly after her mother died. He later realized that he had to leave in order to help Kaede move on with her life. Rin said so himself that it was like he and Kaede never got passed that day when their parents died. Having Kaede suddenly out of the blue get into his bed stark naked with him is what really snapped him to his sences. He realized that "taking advantage" (as you call it) of Kaede was actually holding him and her back from moving on with their lives. Do you even realize how hard of a disection it was to decide to move out. Im sure it was one of the hardest he ever had to make. Hell it'd be tough for just about anyone to make. But he knew that Kaede NEEDED him out, whether she wanted it or not.
Closed Thread