AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-09, 02:03   Link #9781
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Err...when did Graham Aker become a bad guys.He's just a man who passionate to fight a gundam.In this Setsuna/00 Raiser.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:04   Link #9782
Zantetsuken

If Graham jumps ships, that would be very awesome.

Maybe he will get rescued by the CB mothership. I mean the rest of the spoilers were true, so there is a high chance that the mothership is true too.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:07   Link #9783
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, if Billy is around, it'll be a freaking big blow to his ego if he concedes that Sumeragi was on the "right" side all along.
Billy vs Sumeragi has never been about right or wrong, that's Kati vs Sumeragi. Their problem is more a personal thing, one in which both parties and also Setsuna share the blame. I don't really know how they'll resolve it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu
Killing him in the first season was the WORST thing to ever happen to this show.
Killing Neil brought us human!Tieria, the man who reformed Celestial Being in the absence of his friends. If Tieria remained the cold Innovator he was in S1, he might have already joined Ribbons by the end of S1. Neil's death also shaken up Setsuna to change and change the world. Are those bad things? Killing Neil is also enforcing the theme of "cycle of revenge is bad".

The point of Neil, IMO, is that he is a static character. He's a great guy, one that inspires his teammates and is the social glue in S1 against Tieria (who would shoot his teammates if he has to) or Setsuna (who just runs off to do his own thing time and again). But at the same time, his mental issues are the least fixable among all the Meisters because his world seems to have stopped at age 14, and even the future he fought for was for Lyle, not for himself. It was in Neil that the viewers can look back and say, "I don't want something like that to happen again to such a good man."
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:09   Link #9784
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I hardly consider Graham Aker a bad guy.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:12   Link #9785
Jays

If he does end up doing something like that, it has to be Graham Aker's way. The same shit happened with Neo Roanoke, and that was a tragedy... well it was just a tragedy to use a character like that, but in any case, he has to do it his own way.

It can't be Graham Aker doing it CB's way, it has be Graham being Graham, anything else is unacceptable.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:18   Link #9786
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

kay so no one is bad every one is good lol when i say bad guy i mean enemy we have too many ppl jumping ship already and now graham as well maybe ali and ribbons will join forces with CB to fight aliens that are the true enemy of the world lol
Old 2009-03-09, 02:19   Link #9787
gundam rider

graham became gundam!!?
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:23   Link #9788
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@furato: The way I see it, Billy chose to oppose CB because he was dead set that Sumeragi had been using him without remorse (aka treating him like a fool) all this while. I wonder what his reaction would be once he realised that he was REALLY being treated like a fool by Ribbons?

As for Kati and Sumeragi, I never thought of them as anything other than worthy rivals, with a shared past. They work for their respective sides, and they respect that arrangement.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:27   Link #9789
Zantetsuken

graham can jump ship because his "code of honor", or because he realized that the reason of fighting that Setsuna has is right. that way he could join/help CB without destroying his character
Old 2009-03-09, 02:32   Link #9790
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
graham can jump ship because his "code of honor", or because he realized that the reason of fighting that Setsuna has is right. that way he could join/help CB without destroying his character
Graham's code of honor means death for him, he has to find something to fight for now. Back in episode 16 both Graham and Setsuna were reflection of each other, they were both "destroyers" who could do nothing but fight and were compelled to fight for no other reason than to wage battle. Setsuna learnt that he musn't let his past guide his actions, he now fights for the future, Graham I believe will learn the same thing, it's his future, his place in the world, one that he has but is choosing to ignore.

MISTA BUSHIDO is going to get his redemption soon enough.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:40   Link #9791
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

hey theres only 3 eps left and his flag is totalled he is just floating in space now is there even a enough time 4 him to get his redemption and unite with CB and becomae a good guy like everyone else has
Old 2009-03-09, 02:41   Link #9792
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
@furato: The way I see it, Billy chose to oppose CB because he was dead set that Sumeragi had been using him without remorse (aka treating him like a fool) all this while. I wonder what his reaction would be once he realised that he was REALLY being treated like a fool by Ribbons?

As for Kati and Sumeragi, I never thought of them as anything other than worthy rivals, with a shared past. They work for their respective sides, and they respect that arrangement.
I think Sumeragi and Billy during the 2 years together was using each other, actually. She couldn't bear to leave that comfort zone even though she knows she's taking advantage of Billy. Billy himself is taking advantage of her weak moments but not strong enough to get her out of her funk because he doesn't want her to leave him. You can say the situation between them is an 'adult' situation. Even if they end up in the same moral side (like against Ribbons), they still have their personal issue.

From what Kati says to Goodman in ep 22, I think she believes like Sergei and Hercules: a non-army organisation without public support doing armed interventions to dictate the world is wrong. So right now CB is just her friend because they have a common enemy. But I don't think she will say to Leesa, "You're right and I was wrong." any moment now.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:48   Link #9793
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Taking on this common enemy will definitely need them to work together seamlessly. After that, then we come to the other issues. If they don't disable Ribbons, it's game over.

Also, I think their differences are not taken at the personal level. There isn't that "I hate you." kind of "nonsense" around. I think that's pretty cool.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:53   Link #9794
Kagekyuubi

I hoping for graham to last till the movie and will still pilot that flag of his. But I wouldn't like it if he joined celestial being, fight innovators, yes but join CB, no.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 03:02   Link #9795
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Also, I think their differences are not taken at the personal level. There isn't that "I hate you." kind of "nonsense" around. I think that's pretty cool.
You mean Kati and Sumeragi? Oh, they respect each other alright. I especially like it this episode when Sumeragi realises Katharon uses antifield armament and change the Ptolemy's movement accordingly. I bet that's because she realise Kati is behind that tactic. (Poor Klaus )
Old 2009-03-09, 04:56   Link #9796
Halibel-sama
Tres Espada

Susanoo prolly still has enough power. He'll reach either a Kataron ship or Ptolemaios. They'll repair his MS as best they can, probably using Overflag spare parts from Kataron, and he'll join the fight against the Innovators, because they're a distortion, but secretly it's to ensure that Setsuna won't die so that he can fight him again in the film, where he'll be the leader of the humans who do not wish to become Innovators, because they'll be in direct opposition to Setsuna and Aeolia's goals setting up an inevitable fight between the 2. Perhaps, the last fight.

I figured it out Mizushima lol.
Halibel-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 05:29   Link #9797
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibel-sama View Post
Susanoo prolly still has enough power. He'll reach either a Kataron ship or Ptolemaios. They'll repair his MS as best they can, probably using Overflag spare parts from Kataron, and he'll join the fight against the Innovators, because they're a distortion, but secretly it's to ensure that Setsuna won't die so that he can fight him again in the film, where he'll be the leader of the humans who do not wish to become Innovators, because they'll be in direct opposition to Setsuna and Aeolia's goals setting up an inevitable fight between the 2. Perhaps, the last fight.

I figured it out Mizushima lol.
That'd be so cool if the events would take such tide
Old 2009-03-09, 05:59   Link #9798
Zero system

I think that graham will not really "join" CB, he might just barge in there and steal 0 gundam

I dont think that CB would let him of all ppl have such a precious gundam.

Spoiler for episode 22:
Zero system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:11   Link #9799
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
You mean Kati and Sumeragi? Oh, they respect each other alright. I especially like it this episode when Sumeragi realises Katharon uses antifield armament and change the Ptolemy's movement accordingly. I bet that's because she realise Kati is behind that tactic. (Poor Klaus )
Exactly, This "agree to disagree" stance stands out. Over at Saji vs. Louise, things get a lot more personal for Louise. Then again, with the crack Ribbons is feeding her, anything can happen.
Old 2009-03-09, 08:08   Link #9800
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero system View Post
I think that graham will not really "join" CB, he might just barge in there and steal 0 gundam

I dont think that CB would let him of all ppl have such a precious gundam.

Spoiler for episode 22:
Why on Earth would he want the 0 Gundam?

His limbless Masurao-Custom is probably more powerful.

Tags
spoilers