Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-17, 05:37   Link #101
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Still trying to clear Earth. Got my tater'ed Boltor up to Level 20, and to be honest, I don't really feel as worried about not leveling it as I used to, lol. Still needing to get used to the leading and travel time though - I think the Braton has spoiled me. ^_^;
Have fun with Uncle Hek. Hope you brought extra ammo for your guns, or a converter mod.

*Reminiscences on the time where Hek used to be true Hax level*

////

As for how hard solo is, it all depends on how good you are, and how much you tweaked your equipment. I've been able to solo a lot of maps (prior to Defense missions getting slightly remapped), to the point I'm pretty much at level of end-game maps, where you really need friend assist due to how tough enemies become.

I know people who tend to solo Tier III Voids, who are amongst hardest maps in the game. So it all really comes down to how good you are with that mouse, and how much tweaked your gear is. Mods in Warframe are pretty much a must if you go beyond the starting map set.

As for game length, like Goose said, anywhere between 15-30 minutes.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 07:31   Link #102
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Hek used to be the physical embodiment of pain, I remember when it took 4 people at least 20-30 minutes of continuous combat to take him and his gimped insta-regen shield down.

In one game I recall everyone running out of ammo and having to backtrack through the map to find some, which still wasn't enough and the final battle descended into a no holes barred melee slug fest.

For the void missions I find the exterminate ones to be generally the easiest.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 20:40   Link #103
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, comparing defense missions... damn, Kiliken is probably the easiest Nightmare Mode mission I've ever run, so far. It's a defense mission for 15 waves and the cryopod is located at the junction of an L-shaped defensive area. You've got clear lines of fire in two directions, and while the Corpus might be able to flank and get the high ground on you, that's nothing that one person taking the helpfully-positioned platform can't handle, especially if they've got a sniper rifle or any sort of accurate weapon. That platform also gives you 360 coverage of the area, which is useful if you're soloing.

And Boltor is ridiculously boss on this mission. I have no regrets spending plat to get it tater'ed.

Normal Kiliken is probably doable solo, compared to the Grineer defense missions where doing it solo means the Grineer concentrate on killing the Orokin reactor instead of killing you.

Go home tonight I'm gonna try soloing Kiliken. Need to grind credits anyway; my Cronus is hitting Level 22, and I'm going to need a new melee weapon soon to replace it and level mastery. Will probably do dual heat daggers for now, since IIRC those work great against Infested.

Also, Orokin Derelict defense missions are pretty challenging solo, what with the fact that enemies are level 30... I think I'll need to get Shred on my Boltor before I try that.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 20:51   Link #104
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I'm thinking about giving this game a try through Steam. From what I have heard, many people recommend it and it seems to have a surprisingly high number of players through Steam. Even though this game has co-op, there is also a solo mode. Is it doable to solo this game or would you recommend playing with others? And how long are each missions?
Soloing is generally a lot harder but doable for most missions early on with the exception of defense and survival missions. Those can be pretty damn hard for newcomers to try and solo. I recommend grouping up for those.

Personally I recommend playing with others early on and only solo when you are confident enough or have good gears. The game uses a drop in multiplayer so you can always start a mission solo and people will join in as you move along.

Quote:
use plat to buy Salvage materials, everything else you'll get in drops
Actually salvage materials are plentiful. Just do survival type missions and you can easily farmed up a bunch. If you want to save money, just save your plat for Frame slot, weapon slot and reactor/catalyst. Reactor and catalyst don't come by very often as reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Hek used to be the physical embodiment of pain, I remember when it took 4 people at least 20-30 minutes of continuous combat to take him and his gimped insta-regen shield down.

In one game I recall everyone running out of ammo and having to backtrack through the map to find some, which still wasn't enough and the final battle descended into a no holes barred melee slug fest.
Old Hek can easily be tackled with rapid fire weapons with freeze elements to stop his shield from regen. Or Saryn to blow him up with poison dmg. Used to be quite fun to do him with Saryn and a gorgon, he just melts under the hail of bullets and poison dmg.

Unfortunately, Hek and Saryn both got nerfed
Old 2013-10-17, 20:54   Link #105
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Actually salvage materials are plentiful. Just do survival type missions and you can easily farmed up a bunch. If you want to save money, just save your plat for Frame slot, weapon slot and reactor/catalyst. Reactor and catalyst don't come by very often as reward.
True, but that's at Mars. For someone who's having difficulty clearing Earth with a Braton, that small investment of free plat will help them get the Boltor, which is a great help.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-10-17 at 21:14.
Old 2013-10-17, 21:36   Link #106
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
True, but that's at Mars. For someone who's having difficulty clearing Earth with a Braton, that small investment of free plat will help them get the Boltor, which is a great help.
Boltor is only good against Grineer due to the armor ignoring dmg it does to the full body but it comes at the cost of it being a projectile weapon which means you have to compensate for projectile speed while the standard MK1-Braton is hit scan which is easier to aim against moving target. As long as you aim for their weakpoint, you can do without using Boltor.

For grineer, it's always the head. Infested and Corvus differs depending the type of enemy. I recommend looking up on the wiki for their weakpoint and elemental weakness especially on Infested Ancients.

I pretty much ran with the MK-1 braton for a long time cause i was saving up materials to build myself a Paris (cause i'm vain) and still go back to Braton when i know i can't be sniping from afar with the Paris in certain missions.
Old 2013-10-17, 22:42   Link #107
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Boltor is only good against Grineer due to the armor ignoring dmg it does to the full body but it comes at the cost of it being a projectile weapon which means you have to compensate for projectile speed while the standard MK1-Braton is hit scan which is easier to aim against moving target. As long as you aim for their weakpoint, you can do without using Boltor.

For grineer, it's always the head. Infested and Corvus differs depending the type of enemy. I recommend looking up on the wiki for their weakpoint and elemental weakness especially on Infested Ancients.

I pretty much ran with the MK-1 braton for a long time cause i was saving up materials to build myself a Paris (cause i'm vain) and still go back to Braton when i know i can't be sniping from afar with the Paris in certain missions.
*shrug* The Stagger seems to be helpful, but you're right, travel time is a bit of a challenge. Still, it's not as much of a problem for me as I thought it would be; I think I've more or less gotten the hang of leading my targets. That said a tater'ed Braton is, I agree, a tremendously fun weapon, though the Boltor's larger magazine edges it out somewhat...

Once I get my Aklato leveled, my next sidearm will be the Lex pistol. I'll probably do a mix of Lex for sniping, Braton or Boltor for close combat. Probably get it tater'ed as well...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-18, 00:31   Link #108
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
clearing Earth with a Braton
Yeeeaaaahhhhh, that might be a little hardo modo bro.

But to be honest, Earth is really easy now, compared to good old times.

I wouldn't say that Boltor is good only against the Grineer, because armor ignore is, quite simply, priceless in the endgame-level maps. You *need* to have it, or maxed anti-armor mods. Of course, DE said that they will work on armor scaling, but...*shrug*

Also, Ancient Infested are armored, which is the main reason why you'd want to bring Boltor on Infested missions. The stagger is also very good on Charger/Runner mobs - just spray the bolts all over them, stagger, pick one target, kill it, repeat ad infinitum. Have fun while magazine lasts.

As for plat spending, I'd recommend slots and reactors if you're in tight budget. For materials, you should really be spending it *only* on materials that are extremely hard to get, like Neurodes or Gallium. Anything else is a waste of plat, really, because they can be quite easily obtained.

If you do have some more plat, I'd actually recommend buying the frames though. Buying frame with plat gives you and automatic slot for your new frame, and a pre-installed reactor. Not only that, but you don't need to wait 3 days for your
frame to finish crafting.

Plus, some frames, like Nova, Vauban or Nekros can be a bitch to assemble without plat. Real hard to get parts, especially systems.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 02:23   Link #109
KBTKaiser

tell me about it, Alastor, I'm still waiting for a Vauban Helmet to drop at a time I can actually run it.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 02:27   Link #110
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I've got Banshee Chassis and Systems bluerints, need the armor. Am half-tempted to just say screw it and buy a Rhino armor or tater my Excalibur, since I kinda like it. <.<

Anyway, I'm planning on running an Orokin Derelict defense mission later tonight, probably with AMT. Anyone interested to join, my handle is WhiskeyGolf. We'll probably do a few runs around 10pm, UTC +8. Either that or we'll try clear Earth, lol.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-18, 06:14   Link #111
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Y
I wouldn't say that Boltor is good only against the Grineer, because armor ignore is, quite simply, priceless in the endgame-level maps. You *need* to have it, or maxed anti-armor mods. Of course, DE said that they will work on armor scaling, but...*shrug*

Also, Ancient Infested are armored, which is the main reason why you'd want to bring Boltor on Infested missions. The stagger is also very good on Charger/Runner mobs - just spray the bolts all over them, stagger, pick one target, kill it, repeat ad infinitum. Have fun while magazine lasts.
By endgame, there are better options to deal with high armored mobs in the form of Kunai/Despair or Acrid if you're in a clan. Early on, against ancient infested, you can go by with Braton just shooting at their limbs. For non-ancient infested, the Skana works very well to conserve ammo (stagger and does x3 dmg against light infested) The boltor is a decent gun but not exactly a huge improvement for newbies to warrant buying mats with plat to get early on.

Quote:
I've got Banshee Chassis and Systems bluerints, need the armor. Am half-tempted to just say screw it and buy a Rhino armor or tater my Excalibur, since I kinda like it. <.<

Anyway, I'm planning on running an Orokin Derelict defense mission later tonight, probably with AMT. Anyone interested to join, my handle is WhiskeyGolf. We'll probably do a few runs around 10pm, UTC +8. Either that or we'll try clear Earth, lol.
If you guys need any help accessing system for blueprint, just add Jazzrat to your contact. I think i got most of them with the exception of Phobos system. Also Xini, Eris... the mephisto run of warframe when it comes to farming for keys and fusion core.

Been dicking around mostly with my Vauban using Torid + Ballistica. The new crossbow sidearm is kinda like a mini Paris. More of a sniping pistol though despite being able to burst fire when you don't charge your shots. The volley fire angle is pretty wide going from left to right and you can only burst 3 times per reload. Good enough in a pinch when fighting in close quarter but you'll want something like Kunai/Despair if you want an armor ignoring sidearm that can regularly engage foe in close range due to their rapid fire and fast reload.
Old 2013-10-18, 06:22   Link #112
Raviel

I've been looking at this thread every now and then and decided to give Warframe a try since I have nothing else better to do XD

I just have a few questions:

1. How is the cash system in this game? Is there a huge gap between cashers and non-cashers?

2. Will I be able to create other frames besides the starting 3 even without cash?

3. Will I be able to get by in general, even without cash?

4. Is it laggy for SEA players? (I live in the Philippines)

5. How exactly does the skill/ability system work in this game? Can I do something like reset my stats?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 07:51   Link #113
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Old Hek can easily be tackled with rapid fire weapons with freeze elements to stop his shield from regen. Or Saryn to blow him up with poison dmg. Used to be quite fun to do him with Saryn and a gorgon, he just melts under the hail of bullets and poison dmg.

Unfortunately, Hek and Saryn both got nerfed
I wouldn't say easily... I'm talking about way back in the day when there was only a handful of frames available and it was a rarity to see weapons/frames outside the starters =E

Hek was a nightmare then especially to solo with the likes of a Loki or Excalibur.

Anyway just researched the Soma and Kunai to mix things up a little, I already have the Hikou but people tell me the kunai is the better of the two.

Its a pity theres no trading yet as I have a Vauban Helm BP and not much motivation to find the other parts...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 08:05   Link #114
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I've been looking at this thread every now and then and decided to give Warframe a try since I have nothing else better to do XD

I just have a few questions:

1. How is the cash system in this game? Is there a huge gap between cashers and non-cashers?

2. Will I be able to create other frames besides the starting 3 even without cash?

3. Will I be able to get by in general, even without cash?

4. Is it laggy for SEA players? (I live in the Philippines)

5. How exactly does the skill/ability system work in this game? Can I do something like reset my stats?
1. Afaik, not much. It's mostly pay to skip the grind as most F2P games are these days.

2. All my frames were created without cash. Making frames are easy, supercharging them (basically doubling their level) is the tricky part since the item required don't appear very often.

3. Yep, don't really need cash to get by in warframe though it will save you a lot of time to buy the reactor/catalyst to supercharge your first frame and weapon of choice instead of waiting for them to appear as mission reward.

4. It's a peer to peer multiplayer so lag depends on the host connection. Seen quite a few pinoys ingame on the Asia region so shouldn't be a big issue for you.

5. There's no permanent skills/stats. It's all govern by mods and the type of suit/weapon you use. Each frame or weapon gets 8 mod slot and 30 points at max lvl (60 if you supercharge em) and you slot in the mods you want (i.e more health/shield/dmg) and depending on the level of the mods, it will cost x amt of points to equip. Also mods be can freely swapped out as you wish.
Old 2013-10-18, 22:33   Link #115
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh my god, Volt is so fun. Volt is kinda crap at anything else but killing Corpus... but he's very good at killing Corpus.

Fire that shock beam to stun and lower shields, finish up with Braton. OMFG. In less than 2 hours or so I got my Volt from Unraked to Level 12. XD Buying it with plat (srsly, 75 plat for a Warframe is CHEAP) was a good decision. Volt is also pretty squishy - his polarity is all offense-focused, very little defensive focus at all. Which isn't really that much of an issue for me, since my Volt's all reactored.

I'm now at Mastery Level 3, and I'm working my way towards clearing Earth. Volt + Boltor is a great combo, really, and covers the Boltor's weakness against fastmoving enemies, and I just love blowing Shield Ospreys to pieces with my energy beam. Need to find a hot blooded super robot calling my attack ye-

BREAK BREAK BREAK. NEW MISSION UPDATE.

Next Wednesday there's going to be an event - the Grineer and the Corpus are going to war with each other, and the Tenno will be maintaining the balance of power by shooting everything that moves.

Lore-wise, it seems the Grineer decided to launch an attack into Corpus space. The Corpus are fighting defensively (well, taht's what the presentation so far is). However, there's a screenshot image of a report Alad V, a Corpus bigwig, makes to the board, where he reports on how he's close to securing a large number of unopened Tenno cryopods and plans to use the Tenno inside for experiments.

can't say for you guys, but SB is leaning towards trying to support the Tenno (because it seems a lot of us have anti-Grineer toys)... and then we stab them in the back.

Also, from reddit:

* Contested nodes in the Starchart, pick a side and your efforts will move the global balance of power!
* Your allied side will help you in combat! (Shield Ospreys will boost your shields, Rollers to attack your enemies!)

Iiiiiinteresting.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-18, 22:59   Link #116
Raviel

Do revives replenish daily in Warframe?

I just got cheated out of a lot of good mods cause one person lagged at extraction...........
Old 2013-10-18, 23:09   Link #117
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

I just got cheated out of a lot of good mods cause one person lagged at extraction...........
Yes they do, also all your frame will have their own pool of revives.
Old 2013-10-18, 23:17   Link #118
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

Revives replenish at 0000 GMT, btw. That means 8 am for those in SEA, around Malaysia/Singapore.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-19, 08:42   Link #119
Raviel

What would guns/equipment would you guys suggest I work towards, I'm at rank 16 on my starter Excalibur frame and I'm still using the starter weapons (with mods) at Earth.

Needless to say, I'm starting to feel the lack of damage even with the weapons at rank 17~ish

(hopefully making that Cronus will be worth replacing my Skana with)

EDIT: Anyone here play in the Asia region?
Old 2013-10-19, 11:54   Link #120
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

First, go and get the free iahgame braton, using the method a few pages back. The tatered braton can hold 2x mod points, which is damn good.

Buy salvage from the market. Usin credits, buy Boltor blueprints. Start forging. Finish leveling your Braton.

Boltor is a must. Once you master leading the targets, it's a fuckawesome gun.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja